August 2019 Moms

Holiday GTKY! 12/7

edited December 2018 in August 2019 Moms

What winter holiday do you celebrate?

What is your favorite tradition that you're looking forward to sharing with LO?
Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Holiday GTKY! 12/7

• What winter holiday do you celebrate? Christmas

What is your favorite tradition that you're looking forward to sharing with LO? Reading the Christmas story in our jammies on Christmas Eve!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

What is your favorite tradition that you're looking forward to sharing with LO? We didn't really have any traditional traditions growing up but we have sort of adopted the Christmas onesie pajamas for DD. She's gotten a new pair every Christmas.

@WinchesterGirl I like your tradition! How fun!

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We celebrate Christmas.
    I look forward to sharing Christmases that aren't a complete shit show, like the past two years have been with Pickle (age two)! :p
  • edited December 2018
    We celebrate Christmas and basically ALL the traditions. It’s my favorite time of year. This weekend we will do our yearly gingerbread houses and will go around town looking at lights with the kids in their Christmas pjs. 

I just got back their Christmas pj photos that we do every year(and plan on making them do into their teens, haha) 
  • What winter holiday do you celebrate?: Christmas!

What is your favorite tradition that you're looking forward to sharing with LO?: This is our 10 month old's first Christmas, so I'm pulling out all the stops. Matching family pjs, a yearly ornament, movies, candies, etc. DH's tradition is to watch Opus' A Wish for Things that Work on Christmas Eve, so we'll do that. This is the first year we're not traveling, so I'll host family at our house for the festivities! 

We do a local Christmas parade, decorate the house and the Christmas tree, matching PJs, find the pickle ornament (which will be much more fun when there are two kids looking for it), and we host a Christmas breakfast at our house for the entire family. 

• We celebrate Christmas

We have taken our kids to our local light show the last few years on Christmas Eve. They always have Santa there and it’s fun. I think we are going to make it tradition and do it yearly now. They kids seem to really enjoy it. 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• We celebrate Christmas

everything. We get our tree right after thanksgiving and decorate the house!  I love doing christmas crafts and taking Christmas pictures.  We got an elf this year, proving hard to remember than I thought it would lol and I thought I’d be more creative.. Christmas cookies!! I love this time of year. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• We do Christmas over here too. 

Since it's DS's first Christmas we're going all out. I always do a lot of baking and we see Grinch the musical every year. This year we added pictures with Santa and I just got us matching pajamas for Christmas morning.

Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• We celebrate Christmas.

DD was only 10 months for Christmas last year so we didn’t fully establish any new traditions but this year I’m hoping to! We just got our tree up and have been reading her a Christmas book and she’s getting very into it!
  • We celebrate Christmas! 

And we do all the things.  :D We her our tree right after thanksgiving and we decorate it and the house. We also get Christmas pictures taken together, drive around and look at Christmas lights with cocoa listening to Christmas carols, we make gingerbread houses and Christmas cookies, we watch lots of Christmas movies, we have two elves, we do a ton of crafts, we also sponsor a local family in need and make their Christmas special, and we take part in our church Christmas pageant. On Christmas Eve each child gets a Christmas Eve box with new pjs and a couple special items, then we snuggle together and read Twas the Night Before Christmas. Christmas Day we open presents and visit family. I love Christmas!! 
  • I’m not religious but we celebrate Christmas. 

I love allllll the traditions. I make ornaments with my nieces and nephews every year, bake cookies, and we’ve started gifting a book a Christmas Eve to my son that we read before bed that were continuing. We also go see the Holiday lights at a brewery every winter. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What winter holiday do you celebrate? Hanukkah, Christmas, and Yule. 😂 DH's dad was brought up Jewish, DH's brother and his family are Jewish, and we both were raised recognizing Christian holidays, but neither of our families are religious. We just think it's important to raise our kids to appreciate where they came from! 

What is your favorite tradition that you're looking forward to sharing with LO? I'm just excited to share in the fun! We already have such a big blend of winter celebrations, it'll be fun to add one more kid to the mix!

We alternate between giving small gifts and gelt (chocolate and real money) during Hanukkah, after lighting the Menorah. We fill the kids stockings to celebrate St. Nick (they get jammies and treats). We participate in a solstice bonfire for Yule. And then all the typical Christmas traditions!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What winter holiday do you celebrate? We celebrate Christmas 

I haven't really been enthusiastic the holidays for the last few years, so I don't have any special traditions but I am looking forward to decorating the tree with our LO and buying all the cute "My First Christmas" outfits! 
  • @vvitchhazel our Yule tradition is to have a feast, share stories about one of our ancestors, and open up one gift!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @runningisrad Awesome! We have a feast during the bonfire as well... I like the idea of opening a Yule gift though! We may have to incorporate that. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh! And we (well, I, because my littles are too little) stick cloves in oranges. There's one for every room! It's a tradition I did with my grandmother every year and it's a simple, festive way make the house smell delicious and remind us of the sun!
    BabyFruit Ticker

What is your favorite tradition that you're looking forward to sharing with LO? I was excited to decorate with DD (3.5) this year because she actually got excited and was able to help more this year.  I'm also excited for matching Christmas jammies!
  • We celebrate Christmas but not as a religious celebration, more as a commercialized Santa and tree and buy presents thing. 

In my family we always visited my dad's parents on Christmas Eve and when we got home the elves had left us matching pajamas on our beds. I'm hoping to keep that up :)

What is your favorite tradition that you're looking forward to sharing with LO? A new Christmas storybook each night in December leading up to Christmas (in Christmas PJs, of course) and decorating gingerbread cookies and delivering them to some of the older folks in our neighborhood. My family used to always do a volunteer project on Christmas Eve, so I hope we start that with our family!