Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Thursday - 12/6

What was the best meal you’ve ever eaten? Where did you consume said delicious meal? 

Re: GTKY Thursday - 12/6

• Loading the player...
  • @lillywonderland I never made it to Naples, and I regret it. I was scared to go there based on some things I had heard about crime and such.  But it’s such a unique place.  That pizza sounds incredible  :)
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Boy, I don't know! I love food so I kind of feel like every damn meal I eat is the best ever... hahaha. Maybe one of those hole-in-the-wall joints in the North End of Boston for Italian food; and me and my best friend at the time skipped our prom and went out for a fancy French dinner instead, and that was really nice.
  • @SpongeWorthy When I got to my hostel (poor student, lol) the owner gave me a map and circled the parts of the city I shouldn’t go at night. Not gonna lie, it was three gigantic circles on my map and we were right in the middle, lol. I’ve heard that the mafia keeps the “regular crime” down in the city. No clue if that’s true or not, but I’d definitely go back to eat that pizza. #worthit
  • Our anniversary last year, we lived in Charleston, SC and went to Halls Chophouse. It was the best meal I’ve ever had and drool thinking about it. It was a bone in filet with Parmesan bacon Brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes. Our appetizer was a bacon steak and for dessert had whiskey bread pudding. I was so full afterwards, but it was amazing and I’d go back in a heartbeat if I could. 
  • @jennifer_louise, I LOVE poutine! I order it anytime I see it on a menu. Yum!!

The best meal I have eaten is probably at a local steakhouse. It starts with the most amazing drink: vodka, fresh squeezed lemon, and a blackberry simple syrup. For an app we shared these little mini beef wellingtons. So flaky and buttery and delicious. For an entree I get their mac and cheese, which is the perfect amount gooey and cheesy, with crunchy onion strings and bacon on top. Omg I'm drooling just thinking about it.
  • Everything sounds so yummy! I have two... the first was on my honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta (about six years ago). We did the all-inclusive package for our resort and one of the nights at the fancy restaurant, they served us steak tartare (not ground beef, like pieces of filet). I was POSITIVE I was going to hate raw meat but it was soooo good! 
    My second was recently for my friend's bachelorette party and isn't really a meal but whatevs. She wanted to get the Banana Cream pie from one of Emeril's restaurants in Las Vegas. Now I am not usually a huge fan of banana pies. It's too soggy and bananas have to be the right consistency for me to be into it. This one was AMAZING!! It had caramel sauce and pieces of chocolate. It was to-die-for!! If you live/work/vacation near one of his restaurants (2 in Las Vegas, New Orleans, Miramar Beach (FL), Bethlehem (PA)), I would highly recommend trying it.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• I have had two really memorable amazing meals.

One was at Craigie on Main in Cambridge, MA probably 6 years ago for an anniversary. We had a multi course set menu and every bite was amazing. Also great was the diligent and non-pretentious service. Worth every penny.

The other was at the top of Tignes in France at the top of a mountain at place called Panorama. We took our ski boots off at the door, wore furry slippers, and they had a huge St Bernard roaming around. Everything I’ve eaten in France has been good, but this was delicious roasting meats and this unbelievable blueberry pie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• This is tough! I loved the steak from one of our anniversary dinners (Rays the Steaks for anyone in the DC-ish area) or an amazing set of tacos in Asheville, NC at White Duck Taco Shop.
  • The best meal I ever had was at a lobster/seafood restaurant in Hofn, Iceland. I had never had lobster bisque before and it was amazing. Also the lobster tail was the absolute best and was well worth the expensive price!

I've also enjoyed the 2 restaurants I've been to here in Oklahoma City on my work trip! An orange glazed and ginger salmon and a half rack of ribs. Mmmm!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @b_1029 mock acceptance speeches :lol: hahaha 

I have so many because I love to eat and basically plan my travel around food, but there are a few that come to mind. Mostly in Paris or Japan. 

I think I've told @lillywonderland about this meal already when we were talking about Paris, but we went to this tiny little place called Le Kigawa, it's owned and operated by a classically French-trained Japanese chef (Kigawa). My brother's partner at the time took us there for a private sitting on New Years Day, there was only  one or two other parties in the restaurant, sat maybe 20 people max. The food was to die for. Of course I got food poisoning NYE so I wasn't 100% but even still, it was really special. Pretty sure the next 2 best meals I've ever had were also in Paris, but I couldn't tell you where it was or what we ate, I just know it was incredible. 

Sea bream ceviche with caviar

fresh scallops with a lobster bisque over ancini de pepe with truffles

House-made foie gras with sweet onion, salad, crostini 

I don't normally like veal but OMG - suckling veal, I still dream about this.

Served with a truffle reduction and local root veggies

Best burger is Gordon Ramsay Burger in Vegas. 

Best steak is this place called Luxe in Ottawa, we were shocked at how good it was. Cooked to perfection, tender, juicy, flavourful. I think I moaned through the whole meal and embarrassed my honey, it was that good. I could've also just been starving because we didn't have lunch but it was a damn good steak. 

Most exquisite meal was at one of Kyoto's oldest kaiseki restaurants (I think it was Ganko Takasegawa Nijoen but now I need to go back and look at my photos). Unless you've experienced Japanese kaiseki style meals, I don't even know how to explain it. It's a multi-course, chef's choice, truly immersive dining experience. I've been fortunate enough to have dined at many incredible establishments in Japan and each one is better than the last. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Anything I’ve ever eaten at Disney World, but if I had to single out 1 meal, it would be the salmon I had at the French restaurant in Epcot on my honeymoon. I love salmon and I don’t get to eat it much because my husband hates it and I hate having leftover fish, so I’m limited to restaurants. And now that I’m thinking of it again, I’m starving and I want to go to Disney World 😂
    Me 36, DH 48
    Married since 9/9/12
    TTC since 9/13
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/18
    IUI #1: Jan 19, BFN
    IUI #2: Feb 19, TBD
  • I dont know. I love food. 

TW*

I had GD with my first son and was stuck eating protein and veggies for the entire 3rd trimester and then 8 hours of labor with no food made the meal after delivery Amazing, it was from our local Japanese steakhouse.

End TW
  • @kiki047 *drools* ahhhh, those pics looks so yummy!! My mom still talks to this day about the bread and cheese (Brie) we got for lunch at a market in Paris when we were there (she literally mentioned it yesterday! And we were there 8 years ago, lol). They make some goooooood food over there. 
  • I'm not very adventurous with food, but along the same line as you @Noodle9912, mine is Disneyland. They have Bengal BBQ in adventure land and omg, the kebobs are fantastic!
  • DH and I are picky eaters, but I have to say our meal on the beach at sunset in Aruba was beautiful.  It was part of our honeymoon package.  I don't remember exactly what the food was, but the view was amazing and we had champagne.  I remember a salad with shredded duck (which was good even though I didn't think I would like it!) and some kind of risotto.  Best pizza was Via Napoli at Epcot. So awesome! 
  • I think the best meal I've had would have to be a lamb fillet & a lobster bisque at Ingolfsskali Viking Restaurant in Iceland! But I'm also a lover of a good, weird concoction. One of my favorite meals stateside is here in Oklahoma City at The Mule - their Macaroni Pony is a grilled cheese with jalapeno corn bread, pulled pork, pickles, macaroni and cheese and BBQ sauce. Pretty hard to beat!
  • @inthewoods23 We seem to have been to some of the same places! Hope you've enjoyed OKC on your trip! It definitely felt like home to us much sooner than I ever expected, after spending my whole life in South Texas. 

• So many people have been to Iceland! I’d like to go sometime, it looks amazing:) 
  • @Swiftlet It is incredible! You should definitely go if you can! It's crazy cheap to get there (their government subsidizes tourism to help drive their economy) from any major US airport (I think we paid $240 roundtrip per person for a direct flight to Reykjavik from DFW). It's a little expensive for regular shopping/food, but so worth it!
  • Yeah don't go to Iceland to drink alcohol! That's quite expensive compared tothe States! Like a glass of beer is $10 or something!

I don't normally drink straight water, but their glacier water is absolutely amazing.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Yeah don't go to Iceland to drink alcohol! That's quite expensive compared tothe States! Like a glass of beer is $10 or something!

I don't normally drink straight water, but their glacier water is absolutely amazing.
    So much truth to this. I only had one glass of wine on the trip at the Blue Lagoon, but DH and our friends with us definitely partook. Those bar tabs were no joke!