July 2019 Moms

UO Thursday

Speak yo mind on those unpopular opinions. 

Re: UO Thursday

• I think this style of newborn photography is creepy:

(Spoiler for images)

• @mamanbebe The first one is creepy but the second one is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of cute. I'm not a huge fan of the weird smushing of little baby bodies.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don’t like Gilmore Girls. Don’t get the obsession over it. I’ve only seen a few episodes, but didn’t care for it 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2018
    @literatureandink, so much of this. It makes me so sad to see people try and tear down anything that could be remotely controversial. In the last week I have seen articles slamming A Christmas Story (bullying, consumerism, misogyny) and the song Baby It's Cold Outside (misogyny, #metoo). 

My UO is that I think Italian food is way overrated. Lasagna....blah! I hate when I ask DH or my friends if they want to do dinner and they suggest Italian, it's so boring! Give me asian anything any day of the week:) 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • I don't get the hype over Friends. It was an okay show
  • I don't get the hype over Friends. It was an okay show
    not to mention the many homophobic, racist, and sexist story lines. Sure, times have changed somewhat but the show is from the 90s not the dark ages.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 

• @coco2787 I SECOND THIS "I hate everything about Snapchat."
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yep! I feel like the whole premise of Snapchat is to be sneaky and try to get away with stupid stuff. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I hate all social media. Snapchat is the closest I come to any of it.  Come to think of it, the endless feed, any feed, is designed to fuel addiction and I hate it all.
  • I loved friends because you’re never going to be able to get a show like that now days. It’s so funny. I feel like everyone is just too sensitive now and you’re walking on eggshells everywhere you go.
  • cindler said:
    I hate all social media. Snapchat is the closest I come to any of it.  Come to think of it, the endless feed, any feed, is designed to fuel addiction and I hate it all.
    I 100% agree. I don’t have Facebook anymore and my goal is to get off all channels eventually. 
  • @coco2787 I’m literally not racist, sexist, homophobic or anything listed above. I’m one of the most open minded people you’ll know. I Didn’t say YOU were too sensitive. For example— I was listening to the radio yesterday and there were saying that vegans told non-vegans to stop saying. Like “hold your horses” “let the cat out of the bag” simple, everyday sayings that mean absolutely no harm and there was a whole group/organization that was offended by it. It’s just ridiculous! That’s what I mean by too sensitive. Very small and meaningless things things. A few times watching friends I was like “wow that’s a little much and definitely wouldn’t fly today” but I still find it a good/hilarious show, I don’t think that makes me racist, sexist, homophobic, classist or a bigot in any way. 😂 
  • I like snapchat. Meaning I use for dd and I to take cute photos and send to dh. 
  • @literatureandink, I somewhat agree. It feels like the comments about Rudolph miss the point. Everyone is bullying him and then are proven they should accept him or whatever. They are wrong and I think the story is clear about that. But: 

Baby It’s Cold Outside.... as fun as it might be to sing...... the lyrics are rough. “Oh, what’s in this drink?”

As @coco2787 says, when we learn that certain topics/jokes/ideas offended people, we should change with that info. It’s like when people say “In my day, we smoke AND drank when pregnant. This is before we knew any better...” exactly, now you know better. 
  • @Happyin14 I agree with your sentiment completely. I wouldn't expect anyone writing a song today, or creating a holiday movie, to use the same sentiments as they did "back then". But I also think that just erasing it or cutting it out of existence is sort of just plastering over the past and pretending it never happened. I can enjoy the song without thinking that stuff like that would fly these days. I respect everyone's opinion regarding that topic but I just love my old Christmas songs and movies!
  • I don’t know you or your beliefs @bartonolivia so I’m not saying you’re any of those things. I just have noticed that the people who rant about “snowflakes” or people being too sensitive are usually not the most open-minded people. I would agree that in your example people are being ridiculous. I can get on board with inappropriate humor with the right audience and the right context. But this is UO and it’s just my opinion, doesn’t mean I’m right 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • mamanbebe said:
    I think this style of newborn photography is creepy:

(Spoiler for images)

Me too, especially the top type. I think they look like those portraits of dead babies they used to take in the olden days 😔. I don’t love studio photography in general though, or any overly posed photos (wedding, maternity etc.). 
  • @snootles Newborns are just so precious naturally, I can never understand the need to contort their limbs and bind them up in clothing and wraps for photos. They look like weird dolls.