Trying to Get Pregnant

December Randoms

Re: December Randoms

• @b_1029 IDK how old you are, but  :o  :o
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl I guess that would’ve helped haha! We are both 29
  • Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 An old HS friend has that same type of age gap. It’s a little weird to me, but they look so happy together! He posts on FB a lot and tags her so I see everything and I thought it was so cute when...

*TW - LO mentioned*
    ...he posted that all his old friends have kids that are graduating HS/College and he’s got a baby and a toddler in diapers. Lol!

• @b_1029 my sister married someone older who looks like our dad after a short courtship. It freaked me out, but it's been a few years and he's a really great guy so it all worked out. Definitely weird at first!
  • Talking about age gaps... a girl I was friends with in college is now married to a professional wrestler. She's now 29 and he's 50 now I think? It was so awkward when they started dating (when we were still in college) because she cut off everyone as friends because we were "jealous". I still said hi to her because I'm not an a**hole. I then saw them together at the Arnold Classic a few years back and they seemed happy so whatever lol.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Just want to say that I love DD and it’s probably the first thing I get when visiting New England. Medium regular hot coffee and a egg and cheese on a plain bagel used to be my jam before we moved to the land of espresso and cafe americano. Whenever we see DD ground coffee anywhere in the UK or EU we buy it. We are stuck in our ways!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Speaking of older/younger relationships, while my DH is older it’s not by too much (9yrs) BUT I do totally have this May/December fantasy and find older guys attractive often. There are so many silver foxes out there!
  • I have a friend who got engaged at 18 to someone who's 40ish. Never found out his exact age. And one of MH's uncle's remarried a girl that's his son's age, about a 25 year age gap. They live in town and it makes family events interesting, but she fits in well with the family and gets along better with everyone better than the ex.
  • @kiki047 I was going to say full moon but it's not so... I have no idea! Maybe it IS the water!
  • It's a new moon tonight/tomorrow morning (depending on which time zone you live in), in Sagittarius. New moons are good for, like--beginnings/awakenings. [DH & I got married on a new moon--partially bc one of my friends who knows more about astrology suggested it as the best part of the moon cycle to get married & partially bc it was on a day I figd I wouldn't have my period and, finally, also because it was the one day in June the photographer I had to have was available. (fyi: my wedding pix are bomb.)] My fave astrologer suggests, for this last new moon of the year, "This new moon reminds us that we become what we are able to give. We succeed when we are confident enough to share what we have without need for praise in return." AND "With this new moon, we have the ability to forge ahead with what seemed formerly impossible, inconceivable, or unreachable." So, embrace the impossible, yall! All this to say, as was noted above, can't be the full moon.

I'm pretty new here & sort of couldn't believe how many of those posts we've been getting? Like, I definitely lurked a bunch and am *still* afraid I'm going to have missed a rule & say/do something I shouldn't (that's just my personality though haha--I like to at least know all the rules. And in a place like this--follow them.) SO, it's good to hear it's atypical. I mean, I think the rules make sense & think ppl are... extremely foolish not to read them before posting. I blame the holidays. People are wildin out.
  • @kagesstarshroom I don't follow a ton of astrology stuff, but I liked what you shared about the last new moon of the year! I super love the new beginnings potential of a new year and these seems like a fitting preamble! I am also new-ish and constantly thinking about what to post/when to post/where to post/the tone of my posts-- LOL. It's okay to spend some extra energy being considerate, though! 
  • The drive-by posts are getting intense. But we are snobs so...

Bahahahaha this is gold. Hahahahaha. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Just came across an interesting article about Millennials, and since we're pretty much all in that age group, what do y'all think?
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/millennial-divide-generation-split-old-young-financial-crash-internet-smartphones-a7704021.html
    Which group do you fall into?
  • oo i'm def. an "older" millennial-- though, you will catch me in "ripped jeans, instagramming a matcha latte"--though the rips were accrued over time, via wear, not bc i bought them that way... i'm always telling my students about "when youtube existed but didn't work" haha & def. didn't have a smartphone until into my 20s & only got one bc my younger bro convinced me to. my husband is GenX & wrote his high school papers by hand (yikes) instead of typing them & will never let me forget i'm a "millennial"--whatevs. i'm having avocado toast for lunch.
  • I'm in the same category as @zamora_spin as a xennial.  I think this is a pretty decent explanation of the difference between the generations
    https://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-vs-xennials-biggest-differences-2018-4

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • How is xennial pronounced? "Ex-ennial?"
  • @riff323 I pronounce it more like "zennial"

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • I'm with @zamora_spin and @lulu1180. I hadn't heard of xennials before, but I think it's a much needed subgroup. I'm barely a millennial, but technically I make the cut. I feel like I have a totally different history and background than most millennials and I don't even admit to being one when it comes up in conversation. 
  • Add me to the xennial group - born in 85, so not really a millennial. I was lucky to get a good job right out of college with a great company so I didn’t have to deal with the recession woes that were just happening as I was entering “adulthood”. 
  • I'm in the younger category (born in 88) but like @marebear15 feel like I have a lot of the tendencies of "older" millennials. I had a brick phone in high school, a Razr in college, and didn't get a smart phone until I had graduated from college (I think...if not, it was very close to the end of college).  I definitely hate talking on the phone other than to my mom, but I'm not sure if that's due to my generation or the fact I just suck at chit chat. Never used a dating app- I think Tinder was still pretty new when I met DH. But when I met him, we were living in Chicago, so I might've used it to meet people in such a big city. My cousin and 2 of my close friends all met their spouses on Tinder! 
  • Younger millennial here (‘88).  But I don’t necessarily feel like I fit into that group.  DH and I were lucky to not have student loan debt after college, and that let us be able to buy a home and start a family earlier than a lot of our peers.  Over Thanksgiving break, one of DH’s friends from high school was trying to convince him to work for a startup.  But in order to work for them, you had to also live at the office??? Which is like a serious no.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • I was born in 88 so not sure if I can fall under the xennial category. I grew up riding bikes and playing in the woods but also remember getting dial up internet and being on aim in middle school/high school. I used some dating sites in my early 20's and honestly had a pretty good experience with them. Met some good guys on them but just not the right guys for me..but I think it was before the major hookup culture of Tindr. DH was born in 81 so falls more into the gen x category but he's also young at heart and seems to have a mindset more in line with a millenial. I do really hate the "millenials are lazy" argument.
  • @lcking82 '81 here and so grateful the internet wasn't really a thing until I was in high school. I have real issues with social media/internet and how it impacts childhood. 
  • lcking82 said:
    Also....as an older millenial, can I just say how GLAD I am that we didn't have FB, IG, Snapchat, and all the other social media when I was in college.  Wow.....so many embarassing photos would have been posted....

I am in the middle-ish of the millennial generation, and FB was huge while I was in college. I can attest to the bolded. Soooooo many embarrassing photos were posted. I ignore the FB memories notifications most days because if I click on it, it's like playing Russian roulette with whether or not I'll be confronted with some mortifying post from college. :#
  • @galentine Oh I specifically look for the FB memories every day so that I can see all the old stuff I posted/am tagged in and can delete/untag!
  • I remember when Facebook was for the ~elite~ schools (Ivies and other smaaaht schools) and they kept adding new colleges every few weeks. My school had a fake Facebook type thing for a little bit before we got the real thing.