June 2019 Moms
Options

Labour Playlist Suggestions

Alright ladies, I know it's early but I'm starting this now because I have a feeling as I get moody, emotional and full of angst waiting for this little Bub I'll be tweaking this playlist until the last minute.  Please send me any suggestion for heartfelt songs that can help me through labour.  Nothing super high energy (or maybe? I don't know).

Re: Labour Playlist Suggestions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited November 2018
    When I gave birth, I was watching College Game Day. I'm a huge college football fan, and it really gave me something to focus intently on between pushes, instead of the coming contraction. I swear I will forever remember every detail of Kirk Herbstreit's face! So my advice is to add some songs that you know really really well so that you can focus on the lyrics. Maybe like good karaoke songs, ones that are fun to sing along to! You may not sing along out loud, but in your head to get you through. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I swear I will forever remember every detail of Kirk Herbstreit's face! 
    Yikes, my sympathies to you. (Way more of a Chris Fowler girl over here...I used to work in athletics and he was WAY nicer and had 10000% less stories about gross on-campus antics!)

This is another forgive-my-ignorance moment but is a labor playlist a real thing? I guess I never pictured something like that in that setting...
  • Options
    These made me LOL. Amazing 
  • Options
    I’m a punk/rock/west coast hip hop person so all mine are WILDLY inappropriate but this is a great idea!
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited December 2018
    Am I the only one who basically blacked out during labor and can’t remember the music or anything else? My husband made one but I dont remember if it even got played. 

What I do remember is binging The Sopranos after labor. That where we first heard our baby’s name so it's what we watched throughout the time in the hospital and when we were awake all night. 
  • Options
    I had classical music playing for most of it. I like classical music and it was very calming. Maybe during the pushing salt n peppa would be appropriate, but I can't imagine while I am laboring listening to that. I'd throw it across the room. Lol

To each their own.
  • Options
    I literally don’t remember 90% of my labor. It was so long, almost 36 hours. Active labor for about 18 hours. Stuck at 8cm for 6 hours. The pain of all that blocked everything out. I knew it was a long time but I can’t even fanthom how it was that long since it’s all a blur. 

Point being...I love music but at that time it wouldn’t have made one difference. It probably would have annoyed me actually. I needed quiet and nothing else.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have to agree with some of the above women. I’m not sure if I made a list or not,but once labor got serious I couldn’t stand anything. Including clothing. And theoretically, if all goes well, you won’t be in the hospital until it is serious. Though I would encourage anyone to go ahead and make it anyways. Anything is a welcome distraction in those last few weeks that drag on for eons as you wait for baby,so  I feel like this would be a great time eater, even if you don’t end up using it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    I am the opposite. I went drug free for most of my first labour and didn’t make a playlist the first time and I found that little noises and things going on in the room were really distracting from me trying to breathe and focus through my contractions (specifically the tick tick tick of my moms phone while she texted everyone). This time I plan to have music on because I know I can get inside my own head better. So far I have a lot of soothing smooth acoustic versions of popular songs that I know I can sing along to in my head and zone out to.