Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 12/6

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 12/6

• Loading the player...
  • edited December 2018
    @b_1029 Good luck making your work thingAmajig happen by Friday! I believe in you!! 

@emeraldduchess I truly, sincerely hope this is your early Christmas present!!! Yay yay for peppermint hot chocolate!! I might have to make a special trip to TJ’s just for that this weekend. 

@riff323 I feel you on the testing. TBH I’m cheap and don’t want to spend money on tests. Plus, those FRER’s are freakin’ expensive!! I’ll buy a cupcake (or two!) instead. 

*ETA tag
  • In work meetings all day today but I just wanted to say I see that chart b_1029  :#
  • @rikiteacup haha thanks! I know my awkward Christmas photo is supposed to be awkward, but it's funny anyway! I'm sorry you are in a funk. I know exactly how you feel.

@lillywonderland I'm glad you had so much fun with your mom! I can't wait to see what your H got you!
  • Probably posting a gosting today, gotta get ready for hubs birthday and this is my weekend to work at the hospital. 

Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 25/12

Timing: -2

Testing: Dec 10th ... I really had to fight it this morning.

R/R: I made the cake this morning and ran out of frosting ahhh so nowbim head back to the store and none of my scrubs are clean for work this weekend! 
  • @daisy0322 I hope you have a wonderful day, even if it started out wrong!

@misshelen86 sorry about your BFN. Yes, it's possible to get EWCM before AF. It happens to me too.
  • @riff323 Thanks, good to know I’m not the only one! 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @misshelen86:  I also sometimes get an EW-type CM before AF.  

Month/Cycle:  Cycle 5

CD/DPO:  21/5

Timing: -1/+1

Typical LP length:  11-14?   

Testing:  Probably the weekend of the 15th, if no AF.

R/R:  Just chugging along.  Working today, even though I'm supposed to be off today.  Ugh.  Have my door shut to discourage any visitors, and people keep coming on in.  

CS/Q:   Big Temp drop this morning, although I've been sick, so maybe mouth breathing?  And yes...I'm terrible at waking up at same time, hence the open circles.  

• Good morning everyone!
    @b_1029 it's so frustrating when things at work come up last minute. Enjoy dressing up for the party!
    @emeraldduchess hope your conferences go well. FX that the rise in temp means something good!
    @lillywonderland that's cool that you and YH plan trips in lieu of gifts. DH can never justify the costs of traveling, so I might suggest that to him this Christmas.
    @riff323 hope the new method works. FF is so full of information!
    @rikiteacup hope you come out of your funk soon. I definitely know the feeling.
    @daisy0322 enjoy that cake and happy birthday to YH.
    @misshelen86 sorry about the BFN. GL with battling the crowds for Christmas shopping and hopefully you get a chance to go to yoga.
    @stephanie123456 I paid for VIP on FF. This is only my first cycle, but I figured WTH not?

Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO:
    15/3

Timing:
    -2, -1, O, +2

Typical LP length:
    unknown

Testing:
    probably none. I'll just WFAF. Maaaaybe I'll test at 15 DPO if AF doesn't come.

R/R:
    Sorry to be negative, but I only have a rant today. There was a death in DH's family on Thanksgiving so we went out of state for the services. There's also been drama at work with another teacher on my team. We're currently undergoing mediation with the principal to resolve things.  Not going to get into the full details, but my coworker's inability to handle stress and emotions appropriately has caused many issues. The good news is that my preconception appointment went well, but the bad news is that my insurance will not cover full carrier screening even though my doctor gave me codes for adoption and unknown family history to give them. The good thing is that my stress levels have been getting a little better and I'm happy to be back on the board (if y'all even remember me after my hiatus  :D ).

CS/Q: I think I've got the hang of temping.  There was only one day I didn't temp at the same time, but it was only a couple hours later and when I first woke up.

• @daisy0322 very nice!

@stephanie123456 sorry for your temp drop. I also wonder if FF VIP is worth it but stupidly hope each month that I won't need it anymore!

@lcking82 ugh, that was the worst thing about working in an office - no one leaves you alone, even when your door is shut! I hope you get some peace on what's supposed to be your day off.

@themadcamel welcome back. Sorry you're having such a crummy week (well, more than a week...). :(

I just recorded some watery CF in FF and it changed my O date again and took my solid crosshairs away. :( It was the first cycle I've ever had solid CH but sigh... it's all gone now. I get annoyed by how it changes your O date based on something like watery CF a good week or more after O but... I guess it knows best...?
  • @lcking82 That sucks that you are working on your day off. I would definitely be taking anther day off if I was in your shoes.

@themadcamel Probably will sign up for next cycle then... Keeping my FX for you. Glad you are trying to stay positive, that's a whole lot of stuff to be going through at one time. *hugs*

@daisy0322 TOO CUTE! Loving those sprinkles. YH is going to enjoy it.

@riff323 Same here. Darn being so cheap. On the one hand, I want to use it now to stop the crazy TWW mind and have something to fiddle around with to pass the time, bbbuuuutttt what if...

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @riff323 dotted CH don't mean much. Your BBT is the most important thing to pinpoint ovulation. I get annoyed at FF for their stupid logic. They say you get dotted CH if your OPK, CM and cervix location are not perfectly aligned but they tell you to ignore them if BBT confirmed O clearly. 
    Same thing with "triphasic" charts. They tell you that these charts could mean your are PG but their study found out it happens at the same rate whether you are PG or not. 
    Thank you for nothing FF!
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• I have a questions for people doing SMEP @b_1029 @misshelen86 @emeraldduchess
    What is different about it? If you're tracking your BBT, doing OPK... how does it help? I've been reading the success stories on their website and it looks like it's almost like a miracle solution. I need to know more!
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup:  I have no idea if they have any real data to back up SMEP or not, but....it's EOD during *potential* FW, and then aiming for -2,-1, +1 or -1,O, +2 (hope I'm paraphrasing right, since they say BD on +OPK, BD the next day, skip a day, then BD again)? The thing that really seems different to me is that last BD....I think lots of folks do EOD or every day with +OPK, but then probably stop right after?  So the SMEP seems to get in one more session, which for some folks could be +1 or even O day. 

More thoughts....You know...the other "kicker" might be the EOD begining on CD8.  For someone who is not used to tracking or OPK'ing, they might count on just HIO once OPK turns, but then you've missed several fertile days.  So the SMEP makes you much more likely to get in those -4, -3, or -2 days, too.
  • @rikiteacup:  this is all to say that I failed MISERABLY at SMEP.  It's a lot of sex (probably sad that I feel that way, but hey....life is busy).
  • ***lurking from WTO***
    @rikiteacup I read those testimonials too and I found them a little bit hilarious. I think the main advantage of SMEP is that it takes the guesswork out of timing, so it relieves a bit of stress. I would say it's not much different than just trying to HIO a lot during your FW.

I'm sure for all the "first try" testimonials there were 10 that were like "Uhhh it still took me months/years on SMEP". So although I really really wanted to believe the testimonials, I took it with a grain of salt. 
  • Yep I think @lcking82 got it! That’s my understanding at least. EOD starting CD 10, then BD the day of your +OPK and the next two days, skip a day, BD again. Hopefully we can tell you success stories @rikiteacup!
  • Thanks everyone! Hubby loved his cake haha it's exactly what he asks for every year. 
  • @rikiteacup I’m pretty sure they only posted the successful testimonials on their site. As @jennifer_louise & @lcking82 said, it takes out the guesswork and pretty much covers your FW. It is a lot of HIO, but increases the likelihood that sperm will meet egg. They do recommend keeping to EOD for low sperm count. 
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @stephanie123456 Sorry about the rainy day traffic and the drop in temp. I enjoy the VIP features on FF (I overlay my prev charts, chart stalk, etc) however they aren’t necessary at all. I would probably be more productive if I didn’t have these tools to fiddle around with.. I try to limit myself to 20 mins a day of over analyzing my chart. 

@lcking82 So annoying when people won’t leave you alone, even though you clearly have the door shut for a reason! 

@themadcamel Sorry to hear about your loss and that you are having to deal with so much on your plate right now. Hoping the work drama gets sorted out quickly!
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @stephanie123456 Was is nighttime level dark for you in the early afternoon? Omg, it was so dark here I thought it was like 6pm!! Our mgr let everyone out early because apparently us Californians can’t deal with anything but sunny weather. LOL.

@rikiteacup Maybe you can give a nice massage for YH later today? 

@daisy0322 Your cake reminds me of birthdays as a kid! I LOVE the funfetti. It’s the best! And you did a double layer - that is next level! (Am I using that right?! Lol)

@misshelen86 I applaud you braving the  Christmas shopping crowds! I do all of my Christmas shopping exclusively on amazon...in my pjs.

@icking82 I’m sorry that you have to work on your day off. Boo! I hope you got a lot done today though!

@themadcamel Ugh, coworkers are the worst sometimes! I’m sorry you have to deal with that. Also, insurance is the worst. We pay so much for it only to have it not cover so much! It’s like...what the heck is the point of it?!?

@b_1029 I’m sorry that your dog was a literal shit today - I hope his tummy starts to feel better ASAP! Also, thank you for the chuckle as I got to imagine you cutting off your dog’s “butt fur” <— words I never imagined I would write!! Lol!!

• Hi! I’m new to this app, and new to “trying to get pregnant” Hubby and I decided to start trying last month. So I’m doing my research on the best way to be successful. But i feel a little lost, can someone explain the acronyms mean? I see you ladies post number. Show me your ways! please lol 

Also so I guess I could mention that I’m turning 30 this month, and been married for 3 years. Second month of trying. 
  • @rikiteacup I agree with @jennifer_louise, SMEP takes some guesswork out of timing. I am a planner to begin with and like consistency/routine so it helps with my overall anxiety.  I don't expect that it worked, but I feel like we HIO as much as we could. 
  • @knottiee3542f732b958db8 there are pinned posts at the top of the board that will help answer a lot of your questions! We have a newbie intro thread where you can more fully introduce yourself! And welcome!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause