Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 12/6

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Thursday 12/6

• Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, BBT, FF

R/R: I lost my work badge which is a security badge so I cant get into my  building or office or clock in. Grrr. Hoping it's at home otherwise I'll have to go pay $10 for a replacement. I should have stayed in bed.

CS/Q: didn't get my O temp rise this morning and I'm on day 3 of +OPKs so maybe today is O day instead of yesterday? 

• @kimmer1412, ugggggh that stinks you lost your work badge. I hope you find it at home and save your $10!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: opks, monitoring CM, HIO EODish

R/R: I have tomorrow off, so it's my Friday today! Wooo!

CS/Q: nope
  • Loading the player...
  • @kimmer1412 sorry about your badge! Hope you find it. Also, not sure about your O situation but sometimes the temp doesn't rise for a day or two after O?

@galentine Oooh jealous it's your Friday! This week has lasted a million days already. 

Month/cycle: 7

CD:6 

WAYDTGKU: SMEP, charting, cutting out caffeine, PNV, etc

R/R: my rave today is my hubby. I have been a barely functioning human this week and he has really stepped in to do extra house stuff like cleaning and cooking. He is seriously the best and I majorly owe him.

CS/Q: Ho hum
  • brookert615brookert615 member
    edited December 2018
    @kimmer1412 What a bummer about your badge! I would probably see what your temps hold in the next few days :)

@galentine Yay! Happy early weekend!!! 

@jennifer_louise That's awesome about YH! 

ETA: Tags

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: Metformin (for PCOS), Armour Thyroid (for Hashimoto's), PNVs, Vitamin C & D, Kelp, Calcium, OPKs, Temping, FighterDiet

R/R: It's THURSDAY! Hoping today and tomorrow fly by! 

CS/Q:
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @kimmer1412 That happened to me last cycle.  I had a total of 4 days of +OPKs and I had a temp rise on the fourth day.
    @galentine Yay for Thursday being your Friday!  For some reason yesterday felt like a Friday to me... If only.
    @jennifer_louise Go DH!  Hopefully you can make it up to him with the SMEPping  ;)

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, Prenatals, Aspirin, SMEP?

R/R: Got my new thermometer yesterday woohoo!  I won’t start temping until AF is over, though.

CS/Q: Nothing to see.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @kimmer1412 - Ugh that sounds like an awful start to your morning. Did you realize it when you got to work or before you left?
    Are any of your positive darker than the control, or is there one that stands out as darker than the rest? I've gotten 3 days of positives before and no temp rise until 5 days later (I probably O'd on a secondary surge that I didn't test for).

@galentine - Yay for an early weekend!!

@jennifer_louise - I agree, this week has draaaaaaged. YH sounds so sweet! I love it when MH steps in and does things without asking, seeing that I'm overwhelmed.

@brookert615 - Hey cycle buddy! Any sign of O yet?

@SpongeWorthy - You know your TTGP when you get excited over a new thermometer. Haha! What kind did you go with?

Month/Cycle: 8/7

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CM, CP?, HIO ED

R/R: I am impressed by all you ladies that have to romance your husbands! DH was not in the mood last night because he was upset that I didn't spend any time with him all evening (I made a ton of cookies for our parties this weekend), so I pulled out all the stops and got him in the mood, but man does that take a ton of effort! Most of the time I just crawl in bed next to him and he's in the mood.

CS/Q: Temp was back down, so I discarded the high one from yesterday (elevated because of cold).
    When your cervix is open, how big is the opening? I'm still new to this CP thing.
    Also, does anyone know how to get FF to recognize my normal wakeup time? All of the open circles are between 5-5:35, and the solid ones are my 4:15 ones. FF is being silly.

• grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited December 2018
    @kimmer1412 I hope today is finally O day!! What happens if you can't get in to your office - do you just have someone let you in or do you have to go back home?
    @galentine Yay for a long weekend!!
    @jennifer_louise Major props to your H! Glad he is able to really step up when you need him :heart:
    @brookert615 Also ready for the weekend over here! Hope the rest of your week flies by!
    @SpongeWorthy Good luck with SMEP if you decide to try it! I hope your new thermometer works well.

Month/Cycle: 8/6

WAYDTGKU: Ava, Ovasitol (for PCOS), Vitex, pnv, HIO EOD+

R/R: I had a financial consultation over the phone this morning with my RE's office. Thankfully IUI should be covered in full, other than possibly any medications that I will need to take - I guess we need to verify that somewhere else? No idea why pharmacy info is separate from regular medical coverage. I asked about IVF since it is not covered and oof, I knew it was expensive, but man what a ridiculous extra concern to have to deal with when struggling with infertility. Why can't it be covered by insurance, at least like 50%, since the people using it are obviously in need and have been through ENOUGH! #endrant

CS/Q: No questions, just not so patiently waiting for O so I can figure out when CD 3 might fall. The timing is tricky since we have a trip out of state planned for the week after Christmas, plus new insurance doesn't start until Jan 1 but my RE's office won't be able to verify coverage for at least a week or so after that.

• @marebear15 yesterday were definitely darker then the the control which is why I was sure yesterday was O today they are still + but not as dark. I realized I couldn't find my badge when I was standing at the locked door at work, hoping it's at home. 

@dogmomma096 my boss let me in to my office but it's a super pain because all our doors are secure so I'm basically stuck in my office all day. 
  • @marebear15 I got an Easy@Home BBT that was recommended  :) To change your default wake up time in the FF app, go to the three lines in the top right corner.  Click on settings, set default values, and then default wake up time.
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy Yay on the new thermometer!!!

@marebear15 I did get a temp rise this morning. I drank too much water to take an OPK last night but I'm thinking going by temps might be best right now anyways.CP is hard - I usually can only tell the softness and that's it. I use the Ovia app and it's helpful on tracking that kind of stuff. It is hard when they need romanced! DH is like that and it is so frustrating. He told me he's going to get a squirt bottle because my libido is apparently out of control  :D:D:D

@dogmomma096 Sorry you're going through so much with the financial logistics :(.  Hope you O lines up perfectly!

TW
  • @SpongeWorthy that's the plan! 😜

@marebear15 YOU'RE the impressive one with HIO ED!! I don't think we could sustain that for more than 5ish days. Although, if it doesn't happen this cycle, maybe we will try.

@DOGMOMMA096 preach girl!! I can't believe that money is something else to worry about with fertility struggles!! I mean I'm all for getting pregnant but why should IVF be only a rich person's solution?? 
  • @dogmomma096 - Ugh, I'm sorry about your insurance and IVF. It's crazy how much it can be!

@kimmer1412 - I'm guessing O is today, and you'll get your temp rise tomorrow. After your LH surge, the egg should be release in 12-36 hours, so it makes sense with the timeline. Sorry about work "jail."

@SpongeWorthy - Hmm, thanks for the guidance, but it did nothing to my chart. 🤷 Whatevs, just makes my chart look like a newb's.

@brookert615 - Lol! A squirt bottle to calm you down, or to fake it?
  • @dogmomma096 Sorry about the insurance stress.  We’re still sorting out bills from a YEAR ago.  Ugh.  Such a stupid system.
    @marebear15 Hmm maybe it doesn’t work retroactively?  But I think from now on it should recognize your new temp time.

Is anyone else’s Bump app screwing up?  It takes so long for pages to load and I can’t love it or comment until things are loaded.
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy - I got it to work! Two of my temps were exactly 30 minutes before my normal time, so when I switched them to only 25, it recognized my normal time. Thanks for your help!
  • @marebear15 To calm me down! I guess how people have a spray bottle for their cats. I don't think it would work anyways lol. 
    TW
  • @kimmer1412 sorry about your work badge. I hope you find it!
    @galentine Happy Friday! Hope you enjoy your long weekend.
    @jennifer_louise aww that's super sweet of YH to  help out like that.
    @brookert615 Hoping the days fly by for you too so you can get to the weekend.
    @marebear15 I'm glad you asked the cervix question. I feel like that's the one thing I'm not measuring right now for fertility but maybe I should start.
    @Spongeworthy Yay new thermometer!
    @dogmomma096 I hope that O comes soon so that you can start planning. I'm in the same boat as far as timing around Christmas, although I'm not headed out of town so that makes it a little easier on me. Insurance should cover things like IVF. I don't understand why they don't.

Month/Cycle: 12/12 (2 benched out of these)

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, cm, opk, smep, hio, coq10, etc.

R/R: Our friends in Hawaii sent us a care package with a bunch of local candy, sauces, lip balm, etc. It included some coasters that they made and key chains they made too. It was really sweet and thoughtful. I need to think of something I can send them in return.

CS/Q:

• @kiki047 Hahah! Sorry - I know I'm probably throwing a lot of people off. Sorry about the spotting! Crossing everything for you!!!

@littleredm That is such a cute gift! 
    TW
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited December 2018
    @jennifer_louise, aww how sweet your husband has picked up the slack. I always feel extra loving towards my husband when he does that, especially because "acts of service" is my primary love language.
    @marebear15, I'm impressed with your dedication to ED! Good for you for pulling out all the stops.
    @dogmomma096, I hope your O comes soon so you can make your plans around the holidays accordingly!
    @kiki047, yay for the RE's green light to HIO! ETA - YOU'VE NEVER SEEN PARKS AND RECREATION?! You should probably rectify that immediately. 
    @littleredm, your friends are so sweet to send that package. What are you thinking about sending back?

I already posted upthread, but I wanted to add a rant: my H hasn't been feeling the best, and I'm having CM signs that O might be just around the corner (over a week earlier than my usual). I would be so frustrated if we missed the FW due to illness. Ugggh. Fingers crossed O holds off a bit longer.
  • @littleredm aww Hawaiian anything is the best, but that little package sounds so lovely! What thoughtful friends you have. 
    @kimmer1412 whew, glad you found your badge!
    @galentine yeeaaahh I dunno why I never watched it, I think it just got more and more daunting the more seasons there were cuz I fell further and further behind... then I just got busy/lazy because I don't really watch a lot of TV. I swear it's at the top of my list. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 Sorry about the spotting but yay for getting the green light to HIO! Have fun ;)  Also you should definitely watch Parks & Rec! It's such a good feel good show!
    @kimmer1412 So glad that you found your badge!
    @galentine I'm not sure yet. I think I'll send some candied pecans (GA here) and then maybe do some research on what might be hard to find on the island or super expensive. I might try to sew them something as well. I need to break out my machine and look up some patterns for a beginner for small items.