August 2019 Moms
Options

********Read First************* Board organisation

lokibear89lokibear89 member
edited December 2018 in August 2019 Moms
I stole this from previous BMBs.  Full of great info! We can update down the road if we want!

Some links that you may find helpful: 
What do all of those abbreviations mean? 
How to add a signature 
How to GIF 

How-To Guides: 
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already. 
-How to tag: Add an "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to. 
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. Be sure to log out and log back in after changing your username. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update. 
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (sixth from the left, next to the emoji button) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler. 

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads: 
 DO: 
         -Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
        -Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below if you don't see it started yet
        -Check to see if a thread has already been started on your topic or question so we can avoid too many threads of the same topic
        -Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc) 
        -Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well 

DON'T: 
        -Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU 
        -Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU (there is a thread on the open 1st tri page for this)
        -Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC 
        -Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board.

Here are some weekly/monthly ideas that may be good to start with. We can always add to best suit our boards needs, so please let me know if you have any other ideas! Per this BMB's decision, anyone can start any thread on the day. 

** MONDAY 
Weekly Randoms 
Meal Plan Monday

**TUESDAY 
Ten Things Tuesday 
TW Tuesday 
Plus Size Mom Check-In

**WEDNESDAY 
HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
PGAL Check-In  

**THURSDAY 
TTGP Grad Check-In 
Thankful Thursday
Unpopular Opinion

**FRIDAY 
Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC)   
Fit Friday

**SATURDAY 
Weekend Randoms  

**SUNDAY 
Weekly Questions 
Due Date Week Groups:
- Group 1: August 1st-7th
- Group 2: August 8th-14th
- Group 3: August 15th-23rd
- Group 4: August 24th-31st

**MONTHLY
Symptoms Thread 
Appointments Thread
FTM Check-In
STM+ Check-In

**OTHER THREADS
High Risk Check-In
GTKY Threads
Product Spotlights

*We can also look into getting a spreadsheet going down the road when everyone gets more comfortable. 

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements. I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of Nov.). If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion. PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate, and hopefully we won't end up answering the same question 2,000 times.

Re: ********Read First************* Board organisation

• Options
    Thanks for starting this up! @BumpAdmin, can we get this pinned?

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Looks great! Thanks for starting this! @lokibear89 can you change the month listed for the weekly groups to August? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this is Wayyy down the road.. but I am wondering if we could do AW Birth Announcements if ppl are comfortable? like each birth gets it's own thread.  I'd hate to miss a birth, and loved seeing them pop up in my first BMB. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Options
    Just as an alternative, my previous BMB did not do individual birth announcement posts. We had one thread, and I found that to be easier to follow than trying to scroll through pages of birth posts (our group was ~100 people by third tri). Might want to see how many regular posters we’re dealing with before we decide. 

We did do individual posts in the Facebook group though, which was a better platform for it anyways. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My previous BMB did one official announcement thread, but one-off birth story posts where each person could share the full story & get individual comments. I liked that format a lot, as it gave an outlet for individual support, while still keeping all announcements together so none were missed!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited December 2018
    Can we have people volunteer to start some of these threads and add their names next to it like they do on other BMBs with a rule that if it hasn't been started by afternoon, then anyone can start it? This might help ensure that all threads get started on the reg and keep the board more organized. 

Also, can we add these:

Monday -
    Ask A STM (weekly so everyone can ask them questions)
    Product Spotlight (imo, weekly would be great)

Tuesday -
    TMI Tuesday
    FTM Checkin (I feel this should be a weekly thread)
    GTKY Tuesday

Thursday -
    What My Pregnant Self Is Eating

Friday - 
    Why My Pregnant Self Is Crying

Saturday - Why My SO Is Awesome

Sunday - instead of due date groups
    -Weekly Questions
    -Symptoms
    -HG Checkin (for our Mamas with Hyperemesis Gravidarum)
    -AMA Checkin (Advanced Maternal Age)

Monthly -
    Home Birth/Birth Center Support 
    Financial Preparation
    CS/VBAC Support

Miscellaneous-
    Do we need both Ten Things Tuesday & Thankful Thursday?
    Do we wanna do daily ticker changes?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    I personally prefer the daily ticker changes as opposed to the weekly due date groups. I’d go with whatever the group wants but don’t think we need both. 

Ill take the GTKY!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited December 2018
    My old bmb did daily ticker change groups and I found it was sort of a random assortment. 

I like the idea of trying groups by "week due"(ish) since I think we'll be closer to the same milestones as each other (ie anatomy scans all within around 2 weeks of each other vs daily ticker change where the ASs were spread out over 6+ weeks).

Having said my first instinct,  I'm good with whatever the group decides :)

Edit: "anatomy scans" not "anatomy SCAMS" 😂

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    I prefer the weeks too. But on my last BMB, the daily tickers petered out by the middle, because we all knew each other & it was kind of a pain going to so many threads to see each other's updates. 

Also I'll volunteer for what my pregnant self is eating. Does it need to be Thursday? Or as long as I do it weekly on the same day?
  • Options
    I'll take "What my pregnant self is crying about"!
  • Options
    @lokibear89 Do you mind updating your original post with what posts people are doing?
  • Options
    She hasn't posted in five days ladies. Let's send her love! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    @deecherise Do you want to do FTM checkin once a week on Tuesday (minus the STM ?s) and a What My Pregnant Self Is Eating on Thursdays for our BMB? Here is a template from other BMBs to follow if you want.
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12730844/ftm-check-in-6-28

@beccibump Do you want to do a Plus Size Mom Checkin every week on Tuesday? Here is a template to follow if you want. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12732385/plus-size-mom-check-in-8-1

@olivemomma Do you want to do a Healthy Habits Checkin/Fit Moms weekly on Friday and a GTKY every Tuesday? Here are a couple of templates from other BMBs for Friday to pick from if you want. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12704728/healthy-habits-check-in-week-of-3-20 or two examples of this format type that are pretty creative https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12723070/fit-friday-1-12 and https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12723373/fit-friday-1-19

@mewebster59 Do you wanna do the Ask A STM weekly on Mondays in some sort of a formatted way that opens it up for everyone to ask questions for that week? Here is one idea https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12728110/ask-a-stm-w-o-4-30

@bigbadwolf12 Do you wanna do the Sunday weekly checkin for group 1 then? We need to find ladies who will do one of each group per week to make this work. There are over 100 of us so far. This should work. 

@WinchesterGirl I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be on Thursday as long as we have a few things being posted on each day throughout the week to keep it even. Imo, having it on the same day every week is consistent and gives ladies something to look forward to. Do you also want to do Monday BF? 

@MollyH1987 Will you volunteer to do FFFC every Friday and a monthly Siggy Challenge?

@moon1417 Will you do the Weekly Randoms thread every Monday?

Anyone else? I'll do Group 3 EDD on Sundays and Why My Pregnant Self Is Crying Fridays. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake I can do that. Sounds good  :)

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @suzycupcake

Sure. I posted the group 1 check in today so I'll keep going with that :) 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @suzycupcake I can do that!

• Options
    Sure! @suzycupcake

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Options
    @database6 Ffs...what in the hell is that?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    Yep, I can do Monday B*fest as well. I'm sure as the board continues to fill up we'll have more volunteers!
  • Options
    @database6 That's so weird. Your posted image is coming through on my end as a code. A little while ago, it was this huge mess of code, like 80 paragraphs long. Maybe TB is glitchy right now. I got confused because I didn't tag you. 

@smmatt08 Imo, a mental health checkin thread is super important. You wanna take lead on that one? Weekly or monthly, whatever you think. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake what is what?  I think my name change finally came through, I tried to change it when I started. I didn’t want my actual name as my username. I am mewebster59. Just to keep it nice and confusing. 

Ill be be doing the STM thread on Mondays. 

• Options
    @suzycupcake sign me up. What's the consensus, weekly or monthly?
  • Options
    @suzycupcake I can do that, but don't think I didn't notice you claiming the thread I had already claimed 😋
  • Options
    @deecherise

Okay, I'll do group 3 and TMI Tuesday. 

@ElcaB Anything spark your interest?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake you said you wanted snark, and I'm extra spicy today. There's no serious offense on my end.
  • Options
    None taken. Snark is good. Snark away. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    edited December 2018
    I can take the AMA check in. I’ll be 35 by the time this baby is born. I’d prefer to post on a weekday though since I’m not in my phone as much over the weekend.   
  • Options
    @mkrel How about Wednesdays? That day only has a couple of threads. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake sounds good! I'll start it today. 
  • Options
    @suzycupcake I started a Group 2 weekly chat today, I hope that's okay!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    tyler_durdentyler_durden member
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    @runningisrad Of course it is! You don't need my approval. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI