July 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/3

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/3

• It’s my birthday week. All I can think about is how I’m not going to be able to eat my favorite sushi on my birthday without throwing it up. 
  • @bartonolivia I'm so sorry that you are still feeling so gross with your birthday around the corner. :(

Work is work. Hitting up an Indian food buffet that I love for lunch with a coworker. Trying not to be irritated with incompetence that is just seeping out of the walls at my job. No one seems capable of talking up the administrative pole to get what needs done, done. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bartonolivia its my birthday week too! The big 3-0. I am also sad about not being able to have my favorite foods... I’m still feeling nauseous so playing it relatively safe (except for Saturday when I ate pizza and jolly ranchers 😂. First pregnancy craving??). 
  • @bartonolivia I'm sorry you're still feeling sick.

@foodislove that sucks. I had to leave my last job bc of people like that  (and the management sucked) 
  • Happy birthday week @bartonolivia and @rgn12

I am training new staff this week so I'm hoping work won't be too bad. I really wish coffee would start tasting good again. I miss it in the mornings.

• @rgn12 haha I’ll be 22. I feel like I’m the youngest one here. 3rd kid, married, & none of my friends/people my age can relate. 
  • @bartonolivia haha that’s okay. I planned the be DONE by 30, and I’m a FTM so obviously that didn’t happen haha. Life kept “getting in the way.” Plus, you’ll probably bounce back quicker than the rest of us! 😉
  • @wineandcoffee I totally feel you on the coffee! I used to love my morning iced coffee and now I take a sip and...meh. It doesn't make me sick but I don't enjoy it and never finish it.  :/
  • How is everyone doing with their holiday shopping? I am woefully behind. Hopefully I can rally and get it all done this weekend...
  • @literatureandink No one in DH's family will say what they want for Christmas, it's driving me up the wall. I like to be done shopping by NOW, not like a week before. D: Ugh.
  • @literatureandink umm yeah it's not going well. I have no idea what to get my older nieces and nephews. We still have to shop for my mom and the in laws. 
  • I'm almost done Christmas shopping @literatureandink (thank you online shopping!) but I don't know how I'm going to get the wrapping done... I have no energy!!!
  • @foodislove @asupernovablizzardstorm Thank God I'm not alone! I was feeling inadequate! lol
  • @bartonolivia I was on my 3rd baby while most of my friends were just getting married. Definitely a weird feeling to be so far ahead of everyone. 

@literatureandink we haven't even thought about it. We will only be shopping for our boys though so not so bad. We have a birthday on the 10th we should probably start thinking about soon too. 🙈

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Ugh. My husband is done or nearly done shopping -  he told me today he has gotten or at least ordered the "big presents" for me and the boys. And he has been going crazy shopping on Wish so I know he has gotten a bunch of stocking stuffer things too. I have gotten NOTHING for him. Nothing. I have a few ideas but have been anticipating money issues and was trying to hold off for a bit... but a check I have been waiting for is in the mail and should be here this week so I think I am going to take a day next weekend to drive to Anchorage (assuming the road is open by then after the earthquake!) and do some shopping. I think we might actually do that as a family. Spend the day in Anchorage, get food, get some shopping done, maybe see a movie... stuff we have not done in a LONG time. If the hubby isn't up for the road trip (it's a 3 hour drive) I know my boys will be down. 
  • @bartonolivia and @rgn12 it’s my birthday this week, too! 30 on Thursday. I’m forcing my friends to do brunch on Saturday and trying to make the best of not having my favorite cantaloupe mimosa. On the upside, my husband is working overtime to make it extra special, so let’s just hope I’m not queasy the whole time! Happy birthday! 
  • @lorivard Thursday is my 30th too! We’re birthday twins! 
  • @rgn12 @lorivard my birthday is on Thursday too!! Hahah how funny is that 
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm Aww poor thing. I'm glad she's coming around. ❤️❤️
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Ugh. I went to a work holiday lunch and someone brought in homemade cobbler that was scorched and overly sweet. I took two bites and switched to cake. I can still taste the cobbler and it's been over three hours :s 

@indulgentgypsy Same - DH is practically done shopping for me and I've gotten him one thing so far :# I have a list of gift ideas for him, but I haven't decided which ones I want to buy him and which ones should be ideas for my parents... 
  • I haven't done any shopping. Every year I kinda just want to skip gifts....I have a big family and we're mostly adults now so it just feels weird (my youngest sisters are late teens.....but they feel adult ish too). I can never think of anything I want that I wouldn't just buy myself, I would rather save money, and I hate ending up with a bunch of crap I don't need or want, which inevitably happens. The whole thing is overhwhelming. Sigh.
  • Never dull a moment around here. Just had to pick up my 6yr old early from school. He went to the nurses office because his arm was itchy and the nurse noticed his whole back, neck, arm covered in hives and they were spreading to his chest and stomach.

No known allergies, no new foods, soaps, detergents. Nothing new at school. Breathing and everything fine. Just red and itchy.

Dosed him with Benadryl and rubbed him down with Cortisone. Still itchy but at least they've seemed to stop spreading. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I haven't had time to start my holiday shopping 😰 We have 3 more weeks until our wedding, so all my energy has been going to planning everything, researching/ buying a new car, and taking care of my son who got pneumonia 😭I'm exhausted 
  • @nopegoat
     :o oh no!!!! Poor itchy kid :(
  • @bartonolivia and @rgn12 what are the odds??? I hope you both have lovely days tomorrow! 
  • @lorivard thanks, you too!! 
  • Thank you! You guys too. Happy almost birthday!! 
  • Oh no @nopegoat

@tova24 wedding planning is so stressful! Hang in there! I hope you have an amazing wedding day!
  • I put a call in to our pedi. Apparently there's a virus going around that causes a hive-like reaction. Hives last a day or two. Meds seemed to give him a some relief for a bit but now it's starting to spread and itch again. Poor buddy is miserable. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Haven’t purchased anything but have some ideas. Really need to do that. Also REALLY need to order Christmas cards. Oy. 

@quinniebear, we did this with my family this year. No one is buying us presents and we aren’t buying for them. Just for my 4yo. It just ended up feeling weird. I think my (older) brother is mad at me about it because we usually get him something he really needs. But too bad. He’s broke so he should just save his money also. Families. 

@nopegoat, hope he feels better fast!
  • Kiddo is sick. It's only day four at the new preschool and already he is completely congested. He was up til midnight, crying and coughing and deposited a good amount of phlegm down my bra. 🤢 Poor baby though. He seemed happy enough this morning so off to school he went - no fever, no vomiting. Just... I want at least one month to go without anyway being sick. That's all I want for Christmas, Santa, pls.
  • Thinking about or looking at pictures of eggs is really tipping me over the edge today with getting grossed out.  
  • I finally worked up an appetite and my youngest has the great idea that it’s the perfect time to start pooping.  :/:/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Why am I listening to the St. Jude’s radiothon?? All the feels, but I can’t turn it off. 
  • We got a shitton of rain last night. Our property is completely flooded. Thankfully our house is up on stilts and our pens are built up as well. But dang it. I hate this time of year weather wise. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • My oldest has been sick since Thursday. Fever and vomiting. I’m praying no one else catches it!! 

We have zero plans for the weekend and it is much needed. Our house needs to be deep cleaned and i have so much work crap to catch up on. Hope everyone has a nice weekend! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers