July 2019 Moms

Pets + pregnancy

I’m curious to hear if your pets seem know that something has changed! This is my first pregnancy and my two year old lab mix has been intensely snuggly with me over the past few weeks, when she is normally glued to my husband. She also lost it last week when I left the house anxious before a doctor appointment - hadn’t heard her howl like that since she was a tiny puppy. But mostly, it’s been an intense need to snuggle as closely as possible. :-) Has anyone else observed changes to their pets behaviour?

Re: Pets + pregnancy

• I noticed too, especially in the first few weeks I found out. Even my ten month old crazy puppy was trying to snuggle, and he is NOT a lap dog by any means. Lately, it’s been less though it seems (I’m 9w1d). 
  • Loading the player...
  • My dog was very clingy during my last pregnancy and would often lay all 50lbs of herself on my belly. She's been very snuggly again lately, smooshing up against me on the couch any chance she can get. 
  • Right this second.  She is always here by me and is not a super snuggly dog. 
  • Yup. My snuggler is more snuggly; My high energy pup is climb-on-top-of-me extra snuggly; My mellow man keeps looking at me like he still can't believe he isnt the only 4-legged child anymore and now there's going to be another one but he wants to spoon anyway; My non-snuggler is wanting more attention than usual; and My foster stalks me around the house. This is going to be a crowded pregnancy! 
  • Same! My clinger has been even clingier. We've always been buds but it seems he cant get enough of me, snuggling right on top of my belly like he used to as a pup. He's in his golden lazy beagle years now so he makes the perfect napping partner 😊
  • @nopegoat my pet duck wont stop quacking/alearting when sitting with me. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited December 2018
    @nopegoat my pet duck wont stop quacking/alearting when sitting with me. 
    Haha! What kind of duck? Our geese have  been a little more vocal around me but our ducks are also in the "I don't give a poo" category lol. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat she is a mallard. She had been snuggling more with me on my stomach but the last few days she is so noisy...lol maybe she hears the heartbeat.
  • @blackrosevamp Aww! We have wild mallards that come hang out with our flock during the spring. They are soo pretty!

We have Indian Runners, Rouens, black Swedish, and Blue Swedish. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat @blackrosevamp y'all make me want a farm!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @babyginjuly do it!!! It's so tough at times but I absolutely love it!! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • My cat sits on my lower abdomen more than she used to.

I'm just enjoying the "no litter box" rule. 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @firecracker_mama Being banned from litter box duty is the best ban ever!

@blackrosevamp I have never heard of a pet duck. That sounds fun and unique! Does it come inside?
  • Now that you mention it my dog has been all up in my business lately! Never even thought it could be because he realized I'm pregnant again. If I'm on the couch his head is resting on it and he has started sleeping next to my side of the bed instead of at the foot. Dogs are awesome!
  • Our little min pin was avoiding me when I found out I was pregnant. I think she was angry/jealous because we don't have other kids and we treated her like our child. She couldn't even look at me! 😂 Now she is extremely needy and whiny and constantly seeks attention. I'm sure she can tell that I'm pregnant and already fears that she will be left out once baby arrives.