March 2019 Moms

Week 3 Check In w/o 12/3

This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you.@zionsmama85 @3rdtime_charmed @gowenc @sydbom @Jlavo888 @lisee923 @lindseyb918 @beachbaby0523@meggyme @Runninggal28 @emarcinek99@omama19@heatherarbuck @karatepickles @mammabearcher 

Due date: 

Any appointments? 

Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In w/o 12/3

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited December 2018
    Due date: 3/20

Any appointments? Glucose test and slightly early 28 week appt, but we will be out of town when I should go in. Not looking forward to the glucose test, mostly because my appt is relatively late (9am) and I failed the 1hr last go around and had to do the 3.

Questions?: none

Rants/Raves?: I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the holiday stuff. Too many parties, gifts, cookie exchanges, travel, planning, decorating.... I'm trying to limit myself for my sanity but with DH's frequent travel and stuff popping up at the last minute, I'm a bit overwhelmed.

How are you feeling?: Tired, little achy, and low energy.

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season? Getting to see my family, and lately seeing the magic of Christmas through my daughter's eyes. She's had a real interest in Santa Claus for the first time and it's a lot of fun.
  • Due date: 3/17

Any appointments? Found out I have to do the 3 hr test so doing that next Monday. Next (and last 4 week one 😱) is the 20th

Questions?: none 

Rants/Raves?: slightly ranting that I failed my 1 hour glucose test, but hopefully the 3 hour goes by well. I’m not honestly completely shocked because of my weight but everything else has been going so well that I got lulled into a sense of complacency. I’ve only gained 1 pound over this 6 months technically! Im trying to do everything right since I was already overweight so it’s a bit frustrating. Raving that I got a chance to take advantage of the Bath and Body works candle day sale. Didn’t have a lot of expendable funds but was able to stretch for 4 candles. I love them so that gives me some small joys LOL 

How are you feeling?: pretty good. My mom said I look pregnant now and not just fat so that’s always nice as a bigger pregnant woman LOL 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season? Hmm...reliving everything through my sons eyes is nice although the older he gets the more expensive he gets as far as gifts and Santa is getting tapped OUT lol but I love his innocence about everything. He asked me a few weeks ago could we leave some money out for Santa to help him with the expense of making toys for everyone. I was like “CHILE I WISH” 😂 this season is making me more excited for next season and the thought of a new baby in the family too ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date: 3/19 re-dated to 3/28

Any appointments? No, but I did talk to a nurse at work through our "healthy pregnancies" program (they give you $75 for completing it). She brought to my attention that I need to gain more weight, so that's something I've been working on. It's hard to eat with a toddler needing me every five minutes, but I think I've also been holding back more than I should have been. 

Questions?: Nope!

Rants/Raves?: Rave - Potty training with DS is going awesome! He's been in undies for over a week. Accidents here and there, but I can't believe the progress he's made. I feel like a mom fail most days, so I'm basking in the feeling of doing something right :)

How are you feeling?: Nesting is kicking into high gear. I told MH to get ready for an ongoing "honey do list". I cannot have this stuff weighing on my brain, we need to get stuff ready!

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season? Well it WAS enjoying wine and games with my family, but I guess just games now. Also excited to see DS get pumped for his toys. It's the first year he "gets it"
  • Runninggal28Runninggal28 member
    edited December 2018
    Due date: 3/17 Any appointments?

Appointment tomorrow and then bi weekly appointments already. I can’t believe it!

Questions?: nope

Rants/Raves?: we were traveling for a couple weeks over Thanksgiving and since we have got back, DH has been out of town for work. I’m so ready for him to be home and to go back to our normal routine. How are you feeling?: tired with a lot of public pressure. Blah. Also got a look at my legs and my veins are looking terrible. This is my third and I never experienced this with the others. It honestly looks like I got beat in the back of my knee. Anyone else experience this?

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season? Experiencing it through my kids eyes. They are 2 and 4 and are so excited about everything.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @lindseyb918 I'm so glad you LO is doing well with potty training! My DD turned a corner the last couple weeks and has been in underwear for 1 week now with minimal accidents (mostly with other care providers like the babysitter and the first day in underwear at daycare) and after 6 months of working on it, I finally feel like we've accomplished something!

@Runninggal28 I feel you, MH has been traveling on and off since August. He just got back last night and yesterday before he got home he called and said "I want to fly to San Diego later this week for a friend's promotion ceremony." I wanted to strangle him, so luckily I was asleep when he got home.
  • @meggyme I'm glad she is turning a corner on it! I think they're similar in age (DS is a July 16 baby). The time must be right for them!
  • @lindseyb918 yup, she’s a late June 16er. Being able to pull her own pants down seems to be a big factor in her success. I’ll probably wait for more of that physical readiness than just interest in the potty with this one.
  • Due date: 21 March

Any appointments? First one at my new hospital is scheduled for next week! Also, met a few doulas and chose one - we’re going over my birth plan on Friday.

Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?: I’ve been MIA since we’ve moved. We’ve been at an extended stay suite for a week and a half now, and finally move into our new place tomorrow. Feeling less concerned about the stomach bug or food poisoning I had two weeks ago, but now I’ve been DYING with allergies since Saturday. I think it’s the dry weather and the fact that the hotel (and everywhere else it seems) has switched over to heat. But my eyes and nose are constantly pouring, I always feel like I have to sneeze but can’t, get sinus headaches often, and am just starting the post nasal drip. Also can’t sleep very well. Have a saline nasal spray, nasal strips at night, use eucalyptus oil in the shower, and ordered a humidifier - but if anyone has any other suggestions I’d love to hear them!

How are you feeling?: see above 🤣 other than that, feeling fine. 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season? Going home and spending Christmas eve with my family (including nieces and nephews). We have some awesome traditions from when we were kids and we keep them up. Can’t wait to bring along this little one next year!
  • @babycolima12 I talked to my midwife last week about my sinus headaches, not from allergies but just the dry weather and pregnant swollen nasal passages. She suggested a Neti pot, Flonase (not afrin) and Sudafed for congestion. Our humidifier, Vick’s, and a saline spray have been helping too. I’m sure you’re ready to be settled in your new place! May the Moving Gods smile upon you and let nothing be broken or missing...
  • @meggyme thank you!! I have heard the Neto pot suggested, but it’s honestly a little intimidating to me. Might have to suck it up and try it, getting desperate! And thanks for the moving well wishes🤞
  • @babycolima12 you can do nasal saline rinses without the actual Netipot. They sell premade liquid in a very convenient bottle with a special tip that you just put in your nose. Much less intimidating. Your pharmacist should be able to show you where it is on the shelf.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed is that like the saline spray? I have that, so I guess that’s basically what I’m doing? Or is “rinsing” different?
  • @babycolima12 I guess I would think the difference would be volume. Saline spray might just wet everything and with the rinse you snort enough up there that it runs down the back of your throat (usually) and really clears you out.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed ok, yeah I will try that! Thanks!
  • When I go upstairs I’ll take a pic of the saline spray I have. It comes with 3 tips, although I’ve only used the small infant/moisturize nozzle. It also has a medium nozzle for rinsing and a HUGE nozzle for full flushing. The saline itself is a pressurized can.