August 2019 Moms

Random Chatter w/o 12/3/18

Looks like a weekly random thread is due!! Hopefully this thread helps us all to get to know one another. 

I have been avoiding housework lately, and watching hallmark or Netflix sappy Christmas movies.  I do this every single year, the movies are all the same yet why cant I stop watching them?!  A new one started last night at 10pm and I had to pry my self away from the living room and put my self to bed.  

Me 32 <3 H 33
TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

Re: Random Chatter w/o 12/3/18

• @moon1417 ditto on the housework. And we were working on painting parts of the house so now I guess I have to wait for my DH to get around to it  :/  I haven't gotten around to watching any Hallmark or Netflix Christmas movies either. My DD insists on watching Thor:Ragnarok...every....day

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mollyH1987 Oh its Trolls or the Grinch for us.  It's going to be a very Trolls Christmas.. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• Loading the player...
  • @moon1417 Trolls was us this past summer. I want to get her into Grinch too. Are you watching the older cartoon one or the one with Jim Carrey?

Started TTC in June 2014
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    Team Green!
  • Ive been binge watching the new series of making a murderer on Netflix - it’s so addicting. Not very Christmasy of me 🤨. I’ve also completely yet to begin all of my Christmas shopping!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @MollyH1987 She will only watch the Jim Carrey one! I thought it was going to be too scary, but she is happy as a clam to watch it.    Also side note- it came out in 2000.  That was 18 years ago.  My nephew pointed that out the other day and I was like, Thanks little dude for making me feel super old... 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @olivemama Ditto on the Christmas shopping. Well for everyone but my daughter... shes already got a decent amount.  I also decided to do some homemade gifts this year - ugh I am regretting that decisions but I had already bought all the stuff to make them before pregnancy fatigue sunk in...

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @olivemomma Yeah I need to get on my Christmas shopping. Especially since we're doing Christmas early with my side of the family next week! Eeek!

@moon1417 Gotcha. I'll have to see if I can get her to watch that. And man, 18 years...definitely feel old too.

So when is everyone having their first appointment? My OB can't fit me in for a confirmation ultrasound until Jan. 11th, which feels so far away! I asked her about getting an HCG blood draw at least and she is letting me do that so I'm going later this week.

Started TTC in June 2014
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    Team Green!
  • @MollyH1987 My first OB appt is 12/12... I assume I am getting seen a little early due to probably being high risk (I am hypothyroid and have resistant insulin), but I really don't know what to expect! 

I have to go to my sister's bachelorette party in a cabin in the mountains in GA this weekend and its supposed to rain and be freezing. D: Not looking forward to it. And I haven't told family yet so I have to come up with an excuse to not be drinking that won't be obvious....any tips? Lol
  • @moon1417 I can’t believe it’s that old, that is crazy!  I took my daughter to see the new one in theaters this past weekend, she loved it!

@MollyH1987 my first appointment is 12/20 and I can’t wait. They originally scheduled it for 1/3 but I asked the receptionist to check with the doctor since I am high risk and have a history of MC. 12/20 can’t get here soon enough. 

I’m stil Christmas shopping and wrapping presents. I tell myself every year that this will be the year I am done by December. I have a long way to go. I’m so exhausted I don’t even feel like shopping. Def going to be an online year for me.  

• olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited December 2018
    @MollyH1987 my 1st is 12/18 and it can’t come soon enough!

@drmrsthecounselor a few thoughts depending on the situation: say you are on some diet that involves no alcohol for so many days such as Whole 30 (although then you have to commit to the food part too so that could suck). Come prepared with appropriate replacements you can substitute in your glass (grape juice for wine, sparkling cider for sparkling wine, empty a beer bottle and replace with water, etc.). You could also confide in 1 person you really trust to keep your secret, walk around with a drink or have one at dinner but have them drink it for you (they obviously need to sit next to you for this to work but its fooled me several times).
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @drmrsthecounselor @mewebster59 @olivemomma GL at all your appointments!

Started TTC in June 2014
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    Team Green!
  • @drmrsthecounselor I’m going to a wedding this weekend and I’m just going to fake it. No one will know my gin and juice is just juice except the bartender. 😅
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MollyH1987 I have a dating scan on the 11th. Usually my midwife wouldn't recommend one so early but she doesn't think my dates line up. 
  • @Perfectypo GL at your appointment. Let us know how it goes!

Started TTC in June 2014
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    Team Green!
  • @MollyH1987 thanks I definitely will! Hopefully all is good. Based on my dates I'd only be 5w3d so I'm preparing myself to only see a gestational sac (so I don't freak out if they tell me there should be more development), but obviously if my dates ARE wrong it would be helpful to find out sooner rather than later. 
  • @drmrsthecounselor Oh man a weekend bachelorette party is going to be tough! I just had a company christmas party this past weekend and no one knows i'm pregnant yet at all so I just got something that looked like a drink (cranberry and sprite) and just said ooh it is strong, and drank slow. It was hard... maybe take a huge cup with a straw and that way you only have to fill it up once or something like that? If you get one they can't even see through it might be even better.   At least you have a reason to be nausea and not drink the next day haha

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @perfectypo I have an ultrasound on 12/11 too!  

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @moon1417 exciting! Make sure you keep us updated! 
  • @moon1417 I have a great insulated cup so that's a really good idea. Now how to deal with nausea and constipation in a cabin with 1 toilet and 5 girls....>.<
  • @Perfectypo I am thinking I will close to 6ish/6 and a half weeks for my appt 12/12...not sure what to expect. I feel like I read everywhere that most OBs don't have you come in until 8 weeks so I'm not sure what we will cover in the appointment other than my constant cramping and constipation.
  • I feel so behind! My first appointment isn’t till the 1/7/19!! 
  • I have my first appointment on 12/20. I wanted to wait longer bc I feel it’s unnecessary to go in that early but my OB wants me in. Pointless because she called in my blood thinners already. I hope it isn’t an epic waste of time. I will be 7 weeks, I think. I was hoping to wait till January but oh well. My partner might not be able to come bc we will have his kids and that will feel very disappointing, which is why I was hoping to wait; my doctor is booked till then and afterwards she’s off for the holidays. 
  • @john316lover why are you on blood thinners?  I had to take them last time after birth because I have Factor V blood. 

• manltmanlt member
    edited December 2018
    I have my first appt on 12/17 which will be one day shy of 7 weeks. They said since I’m older (39) I could come in as early as 6 weeks. Whatever we learn during that appt will impact whether or not we tell family at Christmas. I want to tell so badly, but I’m also really nervous about doing so that soon. I’ll be right at 8 weeks on Christmas Day. 

Have y’all decided if you’re telling or not that early? So far the only person we’ve told is my best friend and I just want to shout to to everyone! :wink:

• @manlt I have my first appointment on 12/17 too! I’ll be 7w3d and they told me that I will have a nurse visit and an ultrasound then. I’m excited, but also super nervous. I’m high risk for a bunch of reasons (hypothyroid, epilepsy, AMA, h/o preterm labor and I’ll be using Makenna injections again). 

@Perfectypo as of now, our due dates are really close! 

I have told quite a few people actually, DH of course, my old BMBs, 3/4 of my besties (want to tell the 4th in person and haven’t gotten to see her yet), I also told a couple of people who I volunteer with in case I can’t help with things (I didn’t want them to think I was slacking). I think we’ll wait to announce it to the world when we get closer to 12 weeks, maybe when we know gender. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @MollyH1987 OMG. My 2-year-old son is OBSESSED with Thor: Ragnarok, but only the parts with The Hulk. This morning when I woke him up, the first word out of his mouth was "Hulk."  :D
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @olivemomma ahhh I still haven't seen the new MAM season. Is it as good as the first?

• @MollyH1987 My first appointment is 1/8/19 (the day before my birthday). I wanted to wait 'til the New Year because we have crap insurance right now & our "good" insurance kicks in January 1st.

I always forgot how nerve-wracking the first trimester can be. I've been meticulously checking the TP every single time I go to the bathroom. 

***TW, loss***

I was pregnant at exactly this time 11 years ago, and that pregnancy ended with a miscarriage. The first sign of something wrong was after I pooped, there was blood on the TP and I miscarried not long after that. So every time I am pregnant, I get nervous when I poop. It makes zero sense because I know pooping didn't CAUSE my miscarriage, but I always associate straining to go w/ seeing that blood. 

*** End TW ***

On the other hand, I had spotting with my 2nd child (2-year-old son) with some cramping around 5-6 weeks and I was convinced I was going to lose him. I didn't; he is healthy and rambunctious.

• @runningisrad OMG! Same! My daughter walks around and sleeps with her new Hulk doll that my DH got her.  :D

Started TTC in June 2014
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    Team Green!
  • @runningisrad it’s pretty good! Focuses more on why all the original evidence isn’t solid and even looks at other potential suspects - kept me entertained!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @cmessamore oooh so fun that our due dates are close as of now! 
  • First appointment just scheduled! However it seems much further out than most people. 1/22/19. It's my first child, first pregnancy and a brand new doctor. Needless to say my emotions are all over the place! Is it normal to be seen until 8 weeks? Should I go to my PCP and get a blood test for now? So happy to have found this community! <3
    Me: 35 <3 H: 40 <3 FTM!!
    Started TTC in November 2018
    BFP on 11/28/18; EDD 8/04/19

• @Perfectypo I'm sorry for your loss :( we lost our first one just three days before Christmas. It's definitely nerve-wracking, living a parallel experience like this. Sending you all the sticky vibes and a H&H 9 months! Got a good feeling that we're both in it for the long haul for these August babes :) 

• @beccibump for my first I was seen at 8 weeks too, I am only going in for an ultra sound on 12/11 because I have been spotting constantly since Friday.  It has not let up.  I'm not seeing the actual doctor. ((my cervix was super sensitive with DD1 so I'm hoping it is just that, my 3 betas all rose within 48 hours so now just wait until I'm far enough along to be able to see anything on an ultra sound)) otherwise I would probably wouldn't be going in until January. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @beccibump My doctor doesn't see people until between 8-12 weeks. I asked her for a blood draw though so that I had more assurance/confirmation. Actually, more so for my DH than me. He's been annoying me because he is "tentatively" accepting the results of my HPTs. For DD, we were seen by an RE so we had constant monitoring and lot of early ultrasounds. I think now without all that added information, he wants more proof.  :|

Started TTC in June 2014
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    Team Green!
  • @runningisrad thanks girl  <3 We're in this together! If you haven't already, feel free to jump in on the PGAL discussion  :)
  • My dating u/s will be 12/13 as they think I will be a little over 6 weeks then. Appointment with my doctor on 12/17. 

Has as anyone not told their DH yet? I plan on telling him on our 10 year anniversary 12/12 and then he will be able to come to the u/s since that’s his day off. And I’ve already gotten Christmas announcement pictures made that I will use to surprise him and then later on our families at Christmas time. 
  • @littlestbear03  that sounds like such a cute way to tell your husband!  I was going to do something cute but i wasn't expecting a positive pregnancy test so before I could think I just shouted for him to get in the bathroom right away.

Me 32 <3 H 33

• moon1417 said:
    @littlestbear03  that sounds like such a cute way to tell your husband!  I was going to do something cute but i wasn't expecting a positive pregnancy test so before I could think I just shouted for him to get in the bathroom right away.
    Last pregnancy I did too! As soon as the positive showed up I came out and showed him the test. I think with this being our last I’m savoring it and excited to have this little surprise for him.