Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 12/5

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 12/5

• Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, BBT, FF, PNVs 

R/R: we finally have some "winter" type weather and I'm loving it. Finished all my finals for school. 

CS/Q: pretty sure today is O day! I'll stick around until I get my temp spike for confirmation. Got +OPK last night and this morning. Timing seems on point. 

• Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: pnvs, OPKs starting today

R/R: I had requested a custom order on Etsy a while back and never heard from the seller, so last night I gave in and ordered the non-custom item from the same seller. I woke up to an email that they can do the custom order, and they can cancel the other order too. Getting that news first thing is a great exciting start to my day!!

CS/Q: nope
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 23/5 after bench

CD: 9 I think

WAYDTGKU:  hio, pnv, temping

R/R:  I have been really struggling the last 2 cycles with wto.  But, I feel like I am gearing up for it, so at least my suffering will end soon.  Otherwise, I may murder a bitter cat who is spraying because he hates the new kitten.

CS/Q: not much to see

@kimmer1412 yeah for wintery weather and possibly O-ing!

• @holly321 ugh with bitter cats, we have a one year old cat that suddenly decided he liked using my bathroom rugs as his personal toilet, after weeks of this nonsense it appears he just wants to go outside so now he's an indoor/outdoor cat and my rugs are safe. Cats are so weird.  
  • @kiki047 our timing is good this month, I'm crossing everything. Yay for setting a wedding date, so exciting! Planning is fun but gets stressful at the end lol. 
  • @kimmer1412 - Woot woot, O day! Hope you get a nice temp rise tomorrow to confirm.

@galentine - Oooh! What did you order from Etsy??

@holly321 - I hate the WTO more than the TWW. Then again my WTO is usually at least twice as long.

@kiki047 - That is just perfect that you had the same tech! And yay for some nice follies! This one is a natural cycle, right? No IUI?

Month/Cycle: 8/7

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: PNV, CM, BBT, HIO ED, playing around with CP

R/R: Ugh, I feel awful this morning. Right around lunch yesterday I sneezed like 12 times in a row, and then all the cold symptoms started popping up. DH feels awful too because he drank out of a bad water fountain and vomited as soon as he got home. I have to give him a gold star for effort because he managed to still HIO last night.

CS/Q: Anyone know if a cold can give you EWCM? I had a little bit yesterday, but my head is full of mucus. Google isn't helping much. Temp is probably inaccurate because of my cold too.

• @kimmer1412 Congrats on finishing all of your finals! That must feel like such a relief.
    @galentine First off, I love your username. Secondly, waking up to good news is the best! It makes the whole day better.

@holly321 Sorry about your recent WTO struggles. Hopefully, you O soon and go on to get that BFP!

@kiki047 Oh my gosh, so many wonderful raves! I'm tremendously happy that your appointment went well today and things are looking good. And a July wedding sounds lovely!! What an exciting time for you!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV, B6, B12, will probably temp starting Monday.

R/R: I'm going through all of the videos on my phone from this past year when I visited family, or they visited me and am editing them together to give as a gift to my family this Christmas. There are some pretty funny moments that I forgot about. Like when my sister and I tried to Drink Around the World at Epcot and got photo bombed by Princess Aurora!

CS/Q: Not yet.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• @kimmer1412 excellent timing!! Very impressive.

@galentine Hi! I love your username, Parks and Rec is life!

@holly321 cats can be so annoying sometimes. Can't live with em, can't live without em, amirite?

@kiki047 yay for a wedding date! I hope planning is all fun and no stress.

@marebear15 I have always wondered the same thing about colds/CM. It seems likely that it could impact CM as well but I have no idea. 

@elle-0409 that's a great idea for a gift! I don't take enough videos on my phone-- I really should! 

afm-
    Month /cycle: 7

CD:5

WAYDTGKU: At the moment, waiting for AF to vacate. She's the worst tenant ever and is definitely not getting her deposit back. 

R/R: Well, made it to hump day! What a week. Absolutely packed with meetings yesterday and hopefully I can get some actual work done today.

Cs/q: I actually do have a Q but might head over to the thread to ask it. 

• @kimmer1412 Awesome timing! 

@galentine Great news on your item!!! Love Etsy!

@holly321 Sorry you're struggling. SO frustrating about your cat spraying! 

@kiki047 Glad you had a good experience this morning! Yay on the follies! AND YESSS on the wedding date!!! 

@marebear15 Awe, man! Please feel better! That's such a bummer about DH. What a champ! i'm pretty sure that CM is usually heavier for me personally but it's not EW. 

@elle-0409 What a sweet and thoughful gift! 

@jennifer_louise Sorry about AF - she's a B! Hopefully you're productive today!!!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Metformin (for PCOS), Armour Thyroid (for Hashimoto's), PNVs, Vitamin C & D, Kelp, Calcium, OPKs, Temping, FighterDiet

R/R: I was able to get an early morning lift today so I'm hoping to do some cardio after work. I need to get back in this routine and I'm glad I'm sticking to it! Also DH and I decided we would get each other our "big" presents without a surprise this year because I want a new FitBit and entry into a FD challenge and DH wants a new hunting rifle. So I need to figure out cute things to fill his stocking that have some surprise! 

CS/Q: I forgot to temp this morning. I also got a peak OPK this morning so hopefully DH isn't "too tired" LOL. Question though - does anyone know if a positive OPK super early is accurate? It was gleaming positive but not sure if I should take it with a grain of salt?

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 do you mean early in the morning or early in your cycle? I've Gotten two + OPKs super early in the morning. Could take another this afternoon to confirm? 
  • @elle-0409 - Aww, I love scrolling through my phone pictures/videos. So many good memories (and so many chart screen shots  :s )

@jennifer_louise - Yay Hump Day!

@brookert615 - You mean early as in early in the day? FMU is usually not recommended for OPKs because after a few hours of a hold, the LH starts to metabolize (I think that's the right word). So if you got a positive, then you probably have a ton of LH!
    So you think that EWCM should be considered fertile even on a cold? Yay me! Also, just realized that we are cycle buddies (I probably knew this, but forgot).
  • @marebear15 @jennifer_louise I mean early in the day. I took it at 5am lol. I will try and take one later! That would be nice if it was a ton of LH LOL!

@marebear15 I think it is - just more of whatever you're producing? I don't have scientific evidence other than when I get colds that's what I notice haha. And yes we are!!!! That would be nuts if we O'ed at the same time, too haha. It's a little earlier than usual for me but I'll take it! 

TW
  • @brookert615 - It's a little early for me too. I'm supposed to somewhere between Fri-Sun. My average is CD18.
  • slavenslaven member
    edited December 2018
    Month/Cycle: 5/ 4

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: tracking CM/CP, lots of BD 

R/R:
    I'm new-ish! Was here two years ago before DS was conceived and now I'm back! My cycles have been regular-ish since they came back in August, tracing CP helps with the slight changes in O. I'm a bit rusty so it'll take me a bit to get back into the swing of things. 

I thought last cycle was going to be the one based on some symptoms but I'm here. It took 6 months with DS, which I know isn't long, but I think having support from non-pregnant people will be nice. 

CS/Q:

eta TW for LC
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @kimmer1412 Happy O day! Enjoy the winter weather.
    @galentine so glad that they got back to you and you got to start the morning off with some good news!
    @holly321 I'm sorry that you've been having a rough time the past few cycles. Some just hit harder than others. FX that O comes soon,
    @kiki047 YAY for a June wedding! That's so exciting to have a date. DOUBLE YAY for follies growing! TRIPLE YAY for having the same technician! Having somebody who is kind makes a big difference for things like this. :smile: 
    @marebear15 I hope that you feel better soon. I think that a cold might affect at least the amount of CM but idk about type or consistency. I figure it's possible because I've heard taking expectorants can sometimes help make CM more fertile?
    @elle-0409 that sounds like a lovely gift! I remember trying to drink around the world at Epcot but I only got to Japan before wanting to take a nap on a bench. People who make it all the way around are impressive.
    @jennifer_louise I hope you're able to get some work done today!
    @brookert615 I would take your opk again tonight just to be sure. What kind of fitbit do you want?
    @slaven Welcome back to the bump! In threads like WTO and TWW we ask that you use a TW for any mention of children. There's also a great thread called TFAS for people who already have children at home as well. Hope that your stay here is short and sweet. :)

Month/Cycle: 12/12

WAYDTGKU: pnv, opk, cm, bbt, coq10, vitamin d, smep, etc etc etc.

R/R: Whoa, so strange that all you ladies have gotten early positive OPK's because I did too. My average is also around CD 18 and I was shocked about 30 minutes ago when I got a smiley face. The bad thing is my mom is spending the night tonight so that's awkward. I'm not going to let it deter me though. For our last natural cycle we are going to do whatever it takes to try to avoid the IUI, but just very quietly.

CS/Q:

• @littleredm I want the Versa! I have the Blaze but it's getting old and not holding a charge. And yay for an early OPK! 
    TW
  • Month/Cycle:2/2

WAYDTGKU: BD, PNV, tracking AF

R/R: Rave: AF finally at a fairly regular length since going off BC last year! Was about 60 days for an entire year, then went down to 37 two months ago, and 31 last month, so woohoo! Looks like I'm probably actually O'ing again. We benched after the first cycle after stopping BC because I spent way too much on HPTs being so late :P So very happy to be back in the game! Rantish: Not sure if cycle will go down to 28 days or less, so O day is just guesswork right now.

CS/Q: Does anyone else get worried about the whole "watched pot never boils" thing? I was tracking a lot more things the past two months, but now I'm just doing AF to see when I can test. I always hear stories about people who get pregnant as soon as they stop trying. I guess I'll stop looking at the calendar if nothing happens by month 12.
  • @kimmer1412 thanks! I'm already stressing a little, and it's 7 months out lol. Thinking I should probably hire a coordinator, even though MF thinks we can do it ourselves and save a bit of $. I agree we're both fully capable, but we're both giant stressballs and I just don't need that right now, nevermind on the day itself. I want our friends and families and wedding party to be able to enjoy themselves, and I know we're both the type to need to be hands-on and I don't want that either. 
    @marebear15 aww noo, no getting sick now! Even more impressed that you and YH stuck to your HIO marathon! Plan is for a natural cycle for now, pending the results of the SA. We find out Friday at our appt. 
    @elle-0409 thank you thank you! Your Christmas video idea sounds so lovely, that kind of stuff always makes me cry. Your family will love it! 
    @jennifer_louise Oh I'm a complete stressball lol but it's all fun. We already have a caterer in mind so I told MF to start booking tastings so we can nail them down. July will be busy season for them (it's a local farm-to-table food truck that also does catering, we've eaten there a few times and just love their food). Hope the rest of your week is a little quieter!
    @brookert615 My LH level is elevated throughout my cycle because of the PCOS but if your levels are more normal and OPKs have been reliable for you in the past, I'd take it as a good sign that you may be close to peak. 
    @littleredm it definitely helps to work with kind people. The other techs have been a little cold, all business. This one was very professional today but she really took care of me yesterday so it added that level of comfort. GL DTD with your Mom there. MF was initially horrified when we tried to sneak in BD with people around but he got over it real quick and now he thinks it's funny to try extra hard to drive me crazy knowing we have to be quiet. He's a pain in my ass, but man is it hot LOL. 
    @slaven welcome! I hope your stay here is short. Like littlered mentioned, you may want to pop in to the TFAS (trying for a second) thread or add a TW when you mention your LC. 
    @kattyknedgen96 Hi there. Do you or have you ever tracked your BBT (basal body temperature)? I do and don't believe in the whole "watched pot never boils" mentality. Me, being a control freak, likes knowing what's going on. When it comes to fertility I think there's a fine balance between just going with the flow (what we'd probably consider NTNP - not trying, not preventing) and actually consciously timing intercourse and tracking fertility signs like CM, CP, BBT. For some people that might all be too stressful, and like you say, may benefit from taking a more relaxed approach. In that case, HIO every other day to cover your bases throughout your cycle could work if you don't know when you might ovulate, but that can be exhausting and stressful too because then you just have no idea when you did/didn't ovulate, and therefore no real way of knowing whether you're actually "late" when you're WFAF. If you stick around here for a bit, there's so much you can learn from the other ladies. Hopefully that'll help ease some of your worries as well. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 I planned my entire wedding and even made my own center pieces etc. It was stressful but it also saved us a ton. Luckily my mom didn't mind being in charge day of and we only had one mishap when the Baker didn't secure my glass topper properly and it fell off and shattered before the ceremony even began, luckily my photographer got pictures but I was able to freak out slightly and let it go. 
  • @kiki047 Thank you! I have used BBT, OPKs, CM and CP for the last 2 cycles, but then everyone in my life kept telling me that "you can't force it, you just have to let it happen" so this cycle I've only been tracking AF and the days DH and I HIO, which is usually every two or three days. But I feel more stressed than excited now, because I have no idea what's going on in my ovaries lol. So I will probably start tracking everything again next cycle if this one isn't successful. I'm really hoping for a Christmas miracle, but we'll see.
  • @kimmer1412 both our families will be totally willing - and able - to help, but I also don't want them to be "working" all day. This is just as much a celebration for them as it is for us so part of me wants to delegate some of it. Then the control freak part of me thinks we can do a fine job ourselves, hahaha. We'll do our own centrepieces and everything like that, MF's family is soooo creative, I'm sure they'll come up with something amazing. 
    @kattyknedgen96 ah there comes a point where you kinda have to ignore "everyone" that wants to give you advice on how to get KU. They're right in the sense that you can't force it, but you can certainly do whatever you can to increase your chances of success. In the end you have to do what's right for you. Not all of us temp here, some because they're not good sleepers, because they work shifts, because it's too stressful... 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 Yes, that is true. Plus I feel like they might be talking about what you see in TTC movie scenes, where the woman demands sex RIGHT NOW because she is O'ing and time is of the essence! But I never do that because I feel like it takes all of the fun out of it for DH, so I don't tell him when I'm O'ing or fertile, I just initiate the BD lol. Most of my friends don't neven have kids, so what do they know anyway?
  • @kiki047 congrats on setting a date, I made my own invitations, centerpieces and bouquets and saved a ton of money. Good luck and have fun planning. Also, there used to be a checklist on the knot, not sure if it's still there, but it really helped.

Month/Cycle: 4/3 since cp

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, pnv, vitamin d

R/R: rain here today which is needed, I live in nor cal and fire season has been a freaking nightmare, but I would rather stay home in my comfy pants than put on scrubs and go to work also *tw lc* ds is really struggling with clothes right now so it was a fight to get pants on him lol but we managed.

CS/Q: last cycle was my first one tracking bbt and had a perfectly clear temp shift putting o on cd 16, this morning I had a spike and I'm only on cd15 which if it stays up, puts o on day 14. I realize it won't be the same every cycle, but you know, we all expect perfect charts  :D at least we had good timing

• Lurky loo here! I miss you guys. Hurry up and O already, lol!!

@kiki047 Yay for a July wedding! It’s the best month! (I’m a July baby 😉!) I’m glad your (repeat!) tech was gentle with your baby making bits. 

@splashmountain Hello northern Neighbor! I’m in SoCal! 

@brookert615 Why you change your picture? Ugh, change is hard! Now I have to get used to your new enthusiastic Bitmoji! LOL! 🤣
  • Coming back to tag...

@kiki047, I'm glad my Etsy comment reminded you about your order, haha. What did you get? And congrats on setting a wedding date! How exciting!

@marebear15, my Etsy order is a Christmas tree ornament. I wanted the seller to personalize it with the year, and she was able to. I'm so so happy :)

@elle-0409 and @jennifer_louise, yay for Parks and Rec friends! It is LITERALLY the best.

@brookert615, thanks for your extra workout motivation yesterday ;) I did my workout and felt great afterward! Now to find more motivation today... LOL. As for your +OPK, when I get +s, they usually last for about 36-48 hours, including FMU samples in that time frame. So I wouldn't necessarily count it out unless you have other reasons to believe it's inaccurate.

• @splashmountain thank you for the tips! I have not ventured over to the Knot yet but I probably should soon. FX you get your CH soon to add some clarity to your cycle. 
    @lillywonderland I originally did not want a summer wedding because I just hate being hot in general but c'est la vie, we were running out of free weekends lol. 
    @galentine I ordered a custom apron for MF. We're both big cooks and his nickname for me is Porky, and I call him Piggy, so I got him an apron that says "I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled" :lol:  and the part I wanted customized was to have them put "Big Piggy" on it at the top, which she said she should be able to do. I also inquired with another seller about customizing these cool little rock art designs, I asked if she could make them pink like piggies hahaha. Even our wifi network is called The Pig Pen. 

TTC History:

• @lillywonderland I had a panic attack thinking people I know would find me on TB! The picture I had on there was actually me and DH at our wedding and since it’s a public forum I pulled it back a bit lol! 

@galentine Thanks!!! Glad you got that motivation! It does feel great after a workout!!!
    TW
  • edited December 2018
    @brookert615 lol. The more “personal” things I reveal about me on here, the more I think some of my close friends (and younger sister since I know she’s TTC) could ID me. I changed my sn a few a few months ago because I got uber paranoid.

@kiki047 lol. “Summer” in Canada. What is it - like 60 degrees there?! 😜 I tried so hard to find a gif or picture from HIMYM about how Robin tells everyone that summer in Canada is the last week (or 2) of July but I failed miserably. 😫 My sister had an outdoor August wedding and it was (hot but) lovely! Whatever day you pick will be the best day ever!!

*eta tag