August 2019 Moms

PGAL Checkin 12/5

I noticed in our introductions, there are quite a few of us pregnant after a loss, so I think this checkin will be a great community for us. 

This is how my previous BMB did PGAL checkins, but we can tweak it as needed! Also, feel free to share any details you want to about your loss as this is our first week and we get to know each other. 

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL Checkin 12/5

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    Based on LMP, I am 4 weeks today. Suspecting I may be a little further. Baby is the size of a poppyseed :) 

Honestly, really good. I had so much anxiety my last pregnancy and trouble attaching, but I haven't felt that yet.  This is my third pregnancy. My first baby was stillborn due to a cord accident. My second baby I had an emergency c-section also due to issues with his cord, so I have worries and concerns, but they're not overwhelming me (yet...). 

Nope. I won't get an appointment until I'm 8-10 weeks. 

None that I can think of! 

I always make ornaments with my nieces and nephews, and now my son. It's messy and chaotic and I love it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 5 and change

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Ok. Struggling between excitement and still not really sure if I believe this one will get to come home. It’s not really anxiety, more like I need someone to prove to me that baby will stick.  

3. Any appointment updates? Bloodwork today!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I have a sore throat, which is lame, thanks DH.

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition
    Making and decorating Christmas cookies! I always did it with my mom and now doing it with my son is awesome. He would put the whole jar of sprinkles on one cookie if he could lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. 5 weeks and a bit. 

2. Feeling good mentally. I struggled with a lot of anxiety through my last pregnancy (rainbow DS) but I'm trying to only on focus on one day at a time. So far it's working and I haven't had an panic attacks or overwhelming anxiety.

3. Bloodwork yesterday which came back good, and ultrasound next week. 

4. This rain is driving me crazy... We're in the middle of trying to move and the weather is not making it any easier! 

5. I struggle with Christmas. My loss was right before Christmas and DHDH family traditions just aren't very Christmasy. I'm so glad I'm going back to my families place for Christmas this year! I love getting Starbucks holiday drinks and love my family's Christmas breakfast and Christmas eve traditions. 
  • 1. 5 weeks 6 days

2. I feel pretty good. Physically I don’t feel too bad other than being tired, everything else I can handle right now. Mentally I have a hard time believing this is real until I get my US in a couple of weeks. Weirdly, I don’t have a lot of anxiety with feeling that, more just a realistic expectation after 2 bad 8 week US appointments back to back that this may not be meant to be. I really would love a third baby but I think I can be at peace with my 2 perfect kiddos if I get bad news again.

3. Already had blood draws which came back good. US and 1st apt are 12/18. I’m feeling at ease now but I’m sure will be much more nervous as that all approaches

4. I broke my ankle in September so have been pretty immobile the last couple of months but was finally given permission this week to wear normal shoes and even walk around bear foot some after having to be in a cast or boot for the last 10 weeks! I have a pretty narly limp but it’s a start at least.

5. Baking Christmas cookies
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 5w3d, according to the bump the size of the M on an M&M.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? I am searching for symptoms but I think I feel sick because of my anxiety. 

3. Any appointment updates? I have had 2 blood draws so far, first looked great as progesterone was nice and high HCG was where it was expected, second was not so good. The nurse started the conversation with "it looks good!" Then told me the number and I was not very hopeful as it was just shy of doubling in 96 hours. So third draw this morning and we will see if it has come up any. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Just so stressed and tired.

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? I just love the day, DH and I do the morning just the two of us then head off to my parents where the main tradition is food.

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? Not exactly sure. I was on the mini pill and had irregular cycles, but based on my betas and timing, I'm thinking just over 5 weeks.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? I am anxious at this point.  I'm scared for another loss (had a MMC around 7 weeks before our daughter).  I want to get excited, but don't want to get ahead of myself either.  Physically I'm doing okay aside from this upper respiratory virus I just caught from my daughter. 

3. Any appointment updates? 1st US 12/18

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching Home Alone and Christmas Vacation. I also love Christmas cookies. 

• @lokibear89 sending all the positive vibes your way for great betas today  <3
  • Hi everybody! I'm Natalie & this is my fourth pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage in December of 2007. I went on to have two healthy kiddos: my daughter, who is almost 9 and my son, who is 2. Even though I've had two healthy babes after my loss, that PGAL brain just sticks around, especially since I'm pregnant now at the exact same time of year as I was when I lost the baby. Pretty nerve-wracking. Anywho...

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?: 4w2d based on LMP. Baby is the size of a poppyseed I think?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?: I'm nauseated, tired, and really moody today. I haven't been sleeping well because of a cold. Mentally I am okay, but I've been having light pink discharge all morning when wiping. I had one tiny small spot of red earlier, but no more red—just very light pink/orange discharge when wiping. I am trying very, very hard to stay positive. I had some pretty bad spotting and even cramping when I was pregnant with my son, and things turned out just fine. Trying to tell myself that I'm still VERY newly pregnant and pink discharge can be totally normal. Bleh.

3. Any appointment updates?: First appointment is January 8th.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?: Wish I would stop spotting. Ha!

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition?: Decorating the tree and watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." 

FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @runningisrad we always watch Christmas Vacation after we decorate our tree. Love it 😅
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kurtni I'm sorry to hear about the cord issues your previous pregnancies have had.  I had a stillborn brother due to a cord accident and I always thought my parents were so strong for coming through that. <3

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 5 and a half weeks

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Good.  I'm tired and have been getting dizzy/nauseous a bit in the mornings,  but other than that, pretty normal

3. Any appointment updates? Nope.  Registration appointment next week (just paperwork and questionnaires, possibly blood work or something) no scans except the AS, and no appointments till them either except sometimes week 16 if needed. I guess I'll find out at my registration appointment 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? candle lit Christmas eve service. I love singing Christmas carols. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 5+?, not really sure date of last period

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Had major morning sickness last week which is how I figured out I was pregnant but this week I'm pretty symptom free which doesn't help my anxiety. I'm hungry allllll the time. I just stare at all the things I can order in uber eats and drool. I'm also bitchy all the time.

3. Any appointment updates? Had betas done this week just bc I knew it would make me feel better emotionally even though I know they don't really predict much. 

OMG this is really happening!!!!

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Putting together Christmas stockings. I'm having so much fun shopping for stocking stuffers. This is the first year I'm doing them for my toddler, husband, and of course myself (bc I don't trust my husband with getting me anything i d actually like)

• 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

4 weeks, 2 days. A poppyseed.

Physically I feel good. Just a little tired minor cramping here and there. 

Mentally I'm feeling good too. I had an MC between my daughter and son. I had no cramping, no bleeding. So we didn't find out until my 12 week ultrasound that nothing was there. Now I kind of reserve any belief that that this is really happening until that first look. 

My confirmation appt is 12/31.

None in particular. 

Decorating the tree, baking cookies, watching all the Christmas movies. 
  • Hey y’all! I’m Carrie- this is my third pregnancy. The first two miscarriages were before 7 weeks pregnant.

1) I’m 6 weeks pregnant today! And I have a US on Friday so I’m excited about that.
    2) I’ve been having a lot of congestion and am SO THIRSTY all of the time. Also the Restless Leg Syndrome is really getting annoying. Not sure what I can take for any of it so I’ll ask the doc on Friday- any tips are welcome!
    3) after blood work that was good (progesterone and HcG) last week, I’ll have a US Friday. So nervous but excited- I just want to make it there still pregnant.
    4) can you take musinex or Alka seltzer while pregnant?
    5) Christmas Eve service is prob our only tradition! That and Hallmark movies- even my husband loves how predictable and positive they are. Plus Christmas Vacation because everyone needs a laugh!

@runningisrad I was spotting this week too but it was only for 24 hours. The google said it may have been implantation related?
    @lokibear89 hope everything turned out ok sister!
    @Elephantasicpink I’m a first time mom! Due August!
  • @cfoz mucinex is ok I think as long as it’s not the super kind with pseudoephedrine - I think that’s D or DM.  If my memory is correct from last time I think reg mucinex is fine. Doesn’t work as well though. You could try a Neti pot instead (use distilled water not tap). Afrin is my go to for bad congestion during pregnancy but no more than 2 days only at night (rebound congestion is awful).
  • 1. 4 and some change
    2. I’m actually feeling much better mentally and emotionally. We lost our son to Trisomy 13 at 19wks back in May. I was a complete wreck following that loss. It took some time to become pregnant again due to my stress and anxiety about it. Now that we are pregnant again I feel so exited and blessed. I do get in my head from time to time and let negative thoughts about things that “could happen” get to me. At the end of the day I can only control what I can. 
    3. Going in tomorrow 12/10 for a HCG level check and then won’t go in again until 8-10 wks. 
    4. No questions at this time. 
    5. We always go to my in-laws for tamales! 
  • mwmiller4mwmiller4 member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for starting this—this thread got me through my pregnancy with DD! I really hope I get to stick around this group, too. 

1. 4 weeks today 

2. I’m doing ok, actually. I’m being monitored by an RE who is super proactive and has me on lovenox and progesterone. It finally feels like I’m doing something rather than just hoping for the best. 

3. My beta more than doubled today which made me move over. I have an appointment a week from today for a 5 week ultrasound. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not right now

5. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? We go to church on Christmas Eve and then open up a Christmas Eve box (with matching jammies) and watch Christmas movies 

@olivemama I think I recognize you and

@lokibear89   I hope is all is well for both of you

(edited to fix tags...like a million times)