Pregnant after IF

1st trimester check-in w/o Dec 3rd

Hi ladies,

It's technically my last few days in 1st tri, but I wanted to get us going this week.
  • How far along are you/ EDD?
  • How are you feeling/any symptoms?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • Any thoughts/questions/concerns?
  • Are you a holiday lover or holiday grinch? Any holiday traditions you're most or least excited about?

Paging:

@northbeach3 -- 6/5, last days!

@hildy11 6/9

@Griffin5413 6/21

@Bababatty  6/22

@optimisticmrsk 7/8

@blackhottamales 7/18

@ndz2018 7/25

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
(3 untested embryos remain)

Re: 1st trimester check-in w/o Dec 3rd

• @northbeach3 Feel free to hope over to 2nd tri! I'm excited you'll be joining us!! Good to hear your dr appts have been going well and love you xmas decor! About the clothing stuff, it slowly creeps up. I feel around 19-20 weeks is when things started getting more noticeable, but everyone is different. I've had great luck with clothes from Pink Blush and they are always having sales. I like the idea that we can wear the clothes during and after and they'd still fit and be cute. Plus everything is really comfortable. I will say, for awhile I was complaining because I didn't feel like I look preggo, just like I had too many tacos. But now I'm showing, I forget I am a lot unless looking in the mirror or when I think I can squeeze thru areas. lol 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • BababattyBababatty member
    edited December 2018
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 11w3d, 6/22
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? Gassy (sorry, DH) and some nausea at work, which I’ve determined is from perfumes, body sprays, and the fridge. Also dry heaves, especially when hungry, like @northbeach3
    • Any upcoming appointments? We met with an endo yesterday. He’s not worried because my positive thyroid antibodies are just barely above normal, so we’re just focusing on bringing the TSH level down (it’s at 3.6 right now, so not terrible but not in range). It was nice to hear that a bunch of other people also work with endos! I’m not really worried. Our next OB appointment is tomorrow, and NT on Monday.
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? Nope!
    • Are you a holiday lover or holiday grinch? Any holiday traditions you're most or least excited about? I love the holidays but I do not have the energy this year. We have a smallish apartment so our tree is tiny and we don’t do much decor. I whined to DH the other day that I just wanted to live in a house so we could have a nice big tree. I can’t believe I’m seriously considering moving out of the city.
    @northbeach3 Congratulations on moving to 2nd tri! See you again in a few weeks! Also great news about your NT. Hooray! And I think I would love your house; it’s so nice that you’ve embraced the retro feel. For clothes, I’ve heard a lot about Motherhood Maternity. I looked at some of their clothes, but they’re all polyester and I just hate the texture. I know maternity wear needs to be stretchy, but I’m hoping there’s another way. I prefer dresses for work, so leaning toward a bunch of wrap dresses.
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 4w4d/8-9-19
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? Pretty good. No real symptoms 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Beta #2 tomorrow 12/5/18
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? Can’t wait until first US. Looking forward to seeing baby! General nervousness with being pregnant. It doesn’t seem real yet. 
    • Are you a holiday lover or holiday grinch? Any holiday traditions you're most or least excited about? Total grinch!
  • @northbeach3 - congrats on heading into the 2nd trimester! I have a few pair of maternity pants from destination maternity and they are cotton so not scratchy. Depending on how much you show they have those waist band expander kits that you can use as well. My girlfriend swears by them.. I think they are called Love my Belly or something like that. I bought a set and can't use them yet b/c my pants aren't tight enough for it to stick. But I LOVE my maternity pants which I have started wearing early this time around b/c they put no pressure on my stomach. 

@Bababatty  - I have my NT scan on Monday too! 

• How far along are you/ EDD?  11w3d / June 21
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? - apart from being tired, not terrible... of course I'm still taking the meds.. I'm counting down until the 13th when I take my last shot. I am soooooo ready to be done with those!
    • Any upcoming appointments? NT/NIPT scan on Monday and then next OB on the 20th. 
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? I feel like I'm at that point where you don't feel movement yet and sure I am starting to show (this 2nd time is showing so much sooner!) but you start to worry that something's wrong b/c you don't feel all of those things. I'll be relieved after the scan on Monday for sure!
    • Are you a holiday lover or holiday grinch? Any holiday traditions you're most or least excited about? Holiday lover for sure! We are probably a little crazy. Lights, blow ups and the works outside. Trees, tons of decorations inside including a table full of our santa collection. It's bad but awesome at the same time. my neighbor stopped by last night and came in and was like "wow, you guys are all decorated" I couldn't tell if she was a little jealous or overwhelmed. LOL. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks ladies for all the maternity recommendations. i'm gonna book mark them all and see if can catch any sales. 

okay, one more crowdsource -- what are recommendations for bras? when did you change over to maternity/nursing? i feel like with my first BFP, my boobs got big quick and i bought a maternity/nursing bra and switched over about 9w.  i tried moving to it around thanksgiving, but it didn't feel supportive enough... so i'm still in my original bras, but definitely my cups runneth over. lol. maybe i've been in denial about upgrading? 
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• welcome to the 1st trimester @teenad82! fx for good updates as you progress through 1st tri!

congrats on your scan @ndz2018! it's so great to get to hear the heartbeat and get that reassurance! my nausea kicked in with full force right around 6w this time.  best of luck... it's a beast!!

fx for great NT scans @Bababatty and @Griffin5413! was a cool experience to get such a long scan and from all the angles. 

• Hi everyone it’s my turn to introduce myself 
    • How far along are you/ EDD?
    6weeks 1 day. EDD is July 30th. This is my second pregnancy through IVF. Our daughter is now 19 months. 
    I know we are expecting a boy because we did PGD testing and had only boy embryos left. 
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms?
    Absolutely knackered and feel like going to bed at 7pm every day. No nausea yet. 
    • Any upcoming appointments?
    We have an ultrasound on Friday for heartbeat detection. A bit worried but trying to stay positive. 
    • Any thoughts or concerns:
    I had an incompetent cervix in my first pregnancy and I know I will need a cerclage again at 12-13 weeks. It will make sure I don’t have my baby too early but might also mean bed rest for the bigger part of this pregnancy. Here’s hoping it will be ‘modified bed rest’ so I am not confined to bed. 
    • Are you a holiday lover or holiday grinch? Any holiday traditions you're most or least excited about?
    Holiday lover but we won’t be going to see the family this year so it will be a holiday on the beach! Not too shabby either.

Nice to see you here @Griffin5413 it’s so cool to have someone from the first pregnancy going through this at the same time! 

Happy graduation @northbeach3

and hi to all the other lovely ladies. I hope we will get to know each other over the next months
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @flanners1 - yay! so happy to see you here!!! hoping your appointment goes well and you see strong heartbeat this week!

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @northbeach3 I switched over to maternity / nursing bras within the first couple of months. My boobs weren't small to begin with either, I find them a lot more comfortable. I know Motherhood Maternity has a few options and pretty cheap if you wanted to just try a few different styles. I wear their sports bra version, but did take those pad / cup things out and helped the fit work a lot better! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @northbeach3 Wow! so excited for you to move over to 2nd tri! i'm following all the great questions you asked and all the answers given.

@Bababatty I have two really close friends that had thyroid issues during pregnancy(ies) and everything went well for them.  One of them her didn't go down after giving birth so she has to stay on meds but it's completely manageable. I'm glad you got to meet with the endo early in pregnancy.

@teenad82 Welcome!

@ndz2018 what is a pie in the face? are you just going to push a pie into her face?? 

@Griffin5413 i'm so jealous you're almost off the meds! 1 more week left!

@flanners1 Welcome!!

AFM:
    • How far along are you/ EDD? 8 weeks! 7/18
    • How are you feeling/any symptoms? Horrible--the nausea hit me so hard.  Also two full out sob crying fits luckily just near MH and not at clients' offices. I was slacking the past couple weeks working, so this week i really focused on catching up and being proactive so i can relax during the holidays. I'm starting B6 and unisom tonight so hopefully that helps with nausea.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Monday the 10th is my last at the RE Clinic and then the 14th at my normal OB, but with a NP for the first appointment.  But it'll be nice because i'll get two ultra sounds next week.
    • Any thoughts/questions/concerns? Anyone else on estrogen patches still? i'm having such a hard time getting the residue off my body.  Any tips? Also i think i'll have to fly with my PIO, do i need a doctors note for the needles? do i keep them in my carryon? (it's a direct flight so i'm no worried about luggage getting lost). 
    • Are you a holiday lover or holiday grinch? Any holiday traditions you're most or least excited about? i'm not a grinch, but last year and this year i don't want holiday decorations. I'm not going to be home for Christmas so I don't want to deal with the mess of things.  i just hate clutter and right now i feel like decorations (in my house) are clutter.
  • **Lurking***
    @blackhottamales I've flown several times with my PIO needles in my carry on and never had an issue going through TSA. I brought a copy of the prescription just in case anyone questioned why I had needes, but was never asked for it. For the residue from the patches, I found baby oil or eye makeup remover worked pretty well!
  • @blackhottamales - hopefully your nausea lets up soon! I have flown with my needles and meds. Just pull them out of your carry on and I always take my prescription or copy with me. I've never had an issue. Usually airports even have sharps containers in the bathrooms. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • RANT below sorry!

So i've learned from many of you lovely ladies to not freak out.  but I'm struggling right now.  I got up and had a small blood clot when i first went pee. And the bleeding is still going. I talked with my nurse and tried to remain calm but we decided for me to come in.  Really what i want to do is not cry about it when i go in, I have zero control on what's happening and stressing about it doesn't help.  I don't want to overreact, but would also like some peace of mind if all is ok.  
    I'm also over analyzing every thing at this moment, is that a cramp? is it gas?  just a couple more hours and then i'll have my appointment and i'll at least have information.  
  • @blackhottamales It’s scary and ok to be freaked out! I had minimal spotting and I still freaked out and called my nurse. I really hope it’s just normal spotting and everything looks good at your appointment. Please keep us posted!

As for the estrogen patches, rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball worked well for me—and to a lesser extent just using the alcohol swabs that came with my PIO. I had to scrub harder with those. I also rubbed some of it off in the shower.

For the PIO, I traveled with my PIO, a massive bag of needles, and my sharps container and just left them in my carry-on bag and no one even batted an eye. I also have myself PIO shots in airport bathrooms, and they usually have sharps containers as others have said. So you should be fine. :-)
  • @blackhottamales ugh blood clots are the worst. Totally okay to freak out, it is fucking scary. Hopefully you’re not having significant cramping and the tissue is dark red, not grey. I also wouldn’t have believed it but others like @mayflower513 gave similar examples of passing a lot of blood and clots and still being ok. I’m hoping it’s just a SCH and they can get you a scan ASAP for reassurance.

I had significant bleeding at 7w and 12w. As the baby grows, the proportion of the SCH gets smaller. Fx for you

• @blackhottamales oh man that sounds soooo scary! I’m glad everything is ok and now you’ve even graduated! Whoop. I think it’s totally normal to absolutely lose your sh** when these things happen. Listen to your body and push the doc to see you if you think something is off. 

AFM: we heard the heartbeat on Friday ❤️ Best sound ever! 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @blackhottamales i'm glad everything turned out ok! it's so hard not to freak out at even the smallest things. I like to tell myself its just the hormones and that's the only reason I act irrationally crazy. :smile:
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 my latest mini internal freakout was that i was peeing less in the night (only getting up one towards 5am; down from 3 times up every three hours) and that i'm not needing to eat as frequently.  guess it's second trimester changes (shrug)