July 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check-In (EDD 7/9-7/16) Week of 12/3

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 2 Check-In (EDD 7/9-7/16) Week of 12/3

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow yay! 

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling pretty good which is freaking me out since I wasn’t feeling good at all a few weeks ago. 

Rants/Raves: just the same slight freak out about my disappearing symptoms 

Questions: anyone else feeling pretty good? Also , I was told I will have a B scan tomorrow at my appointment. Anyone know what this is?  

My family gets together Xmas eve and there is a Christmas parade that goes by. My family has stood out for the parade in the same spot for so many generations that we get a special shout out each year! 
  • @bzcuddy I’ve been pretty symptom free lately, too. I’m just trying to enjoy it. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13th/ 8W+2

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday! 

How are you feeling?: awful! All day nausea. Puking isn’t as bad, so that’s good. Exhausted and just overall feeling crummy

Rants/Raves: it’s suppose to cool down for a couple of days here, so weather should be really nice! 

Questions: none

Every yeah since before DH and I were even engaged, we make ginger bread houses and watch The Polar Express. We did it this last Saturday, and our 4 year old absolutely loved it! Love seeing our traditions grow with our boys! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 8wks even

Baby is the size of a(n): jelly bean!

Upcoming Appointments: 12/19

How are you feeling?: exhausted and weak. No nausea yet, keeping my fingers crossed that I get to avoid it altogether. 

Rants/Raves: I had so many today that I'm all ranted out.

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? Opening one gift on Christmas Eve had always been special to me. It was made more so with DH proposing to me through the tradition. This year, we get to tell my family the first grandchild is on the way with it too!
  • quinniebearquinniebear member
    edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 8w0d

Upcoming Appointments: 12/10

How are you feeling?:Yucky. Tired. Dizzy.

Rants/Raves: I cut my hair chin length right before I found out I was KU and all I want right now is a big bun :'(  Also I feel like the days are just creeping by, anyone else?? No raves, I have been a cranky bitch lately and all I want is sleep lol.

Questions: nah

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? I really want to start a friend thing like a cookie swap or something. We aren't traveling this year, so not really doing any traditions with family. I want to start some for just us but DH is a Grinch so it's tough.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13th & I’m currently 8 weeks 4 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): jellybean! 

Upcoming Appointments: New Years Eve (Dec. 31)  I have a 12 week ultrasound and an appointment after.

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and exhausted 

Rants/Raves: @quinniebear I couldn’t agree more, since the day I got my positive (at only 6 days past ovulation) time has DRAGGED 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? Watch the old Christmas movies I loved as a kid with my daughter. She watched Rudolph with me for the first time two days ago, she loved it but thought the middle was so sad. She has such a soft and open heart ❤️
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks today

Upcoming Appointments: 2 more weeks until my 1st appointment

How are you feeling?: Like i need to stop reading so many articles. This is my 1st pregnancy so reading about all of the things that can go wrong has me nervous. Then, reading everything thats about to happen to my nether-parts after baby gets here has me *honestly and selfishly* freaked out a bit for my poor va-jj.

Rants/Raves: Meh, not really. The boyfriend is spoiling me when i have bad days (which mainly consist of lots of indigestion & being exhausted - ditto to @cindler on no nausea yet but still keeping the fingers crossed). Boobs arent as sore as a couple weeks ago. Time is dragging ( @happymessmama17 & @quinniebear , i hear ya sisters!)  and I'm impatient, but life is good.

Questions: *see above for how I'm feeling* Anyone have some good advice for a noob like me on life for my nether-parts post birthing a child?

Making fig cookies that came over from Sicily with my great gram. My boyfriends mom HATES that i won't share it with her, but its a family recipe!! 🤣
  • @tundra_tromper every pregnancy and recovery will be different. My first I had a 2nd degree tear, and my second I didn’t tear at all. I didn’t feel like either recovery was that different. My hospital provides dermoplast spray and the witch hazel pads, both amazing! If they offer you ice for your vag, take it! With my first I felt fine the first few hours after giving birth and didn’t take anything, but 12 hours later I was icing and taking as much ibuprofen as they offered. 
  • @tundra_tromper I second your worry regarding the vag. I'm TERRIFIED about the after effects of giving birth. I dont want to have to sit down to sneeze for the rest of my life! Waa!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13th, 8w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): peanut :) 

Upcoming Appointments: FRIDAY and I feel like it’s never going to come!!! I’m so ready.

How are you feeling?: I’ve honestly never been so exhausted in my life. Work is so difficult. Nausea finally hit to accompany my insane aversions haha :) my breasts have grown a cup size and have not stopped hurting since implantation I swear!

Rants/Raves: I know it sounds like complaining, but I really am so grateful for the symptoms because I know they’re part of the human I’m creating. 

Questions: how are you all dealing with the exhaustion? I took a four hour nap during a work day...

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? I love watching White Christmas and sitting by the tree :) 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 16th, 8w2d

Upcoming Appointments: meet a new midwife next Tuesday!

How are you feeling?: really freakin barfy and exhausted 

Rants/Raves: just tired of the nausea

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? Church on Christmas Eve
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/10, 9w

Baby is the size of a(n): eastern tailed blue butterfly, cherry

Upcoming Appointments: 2nd appt on the 2nd

How are you feeling?: exhausted all the time

Rants/Raves: rant we still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do. Rave we are seeing Christmas lights tonight

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? We do 24 days of Christmas books with dd. My side we do an ugly Christmas sweater party. I plan on doing a baby one to announce.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 10th, 9wks exactly 

Upcoming Appointments: next appt is Dec. 12.

How are you feeling?: super nauseous, bloated, and so tired. 

Rants/Raves: I'm really struggling with exhaustion lately and nothing seems to help. I'm so ready to be able to function again. 

I'm also kind of in a pickle with my neighbor. I need to tell her I'm pregnant because I know it's going to be very obvious soon. 
    ***TW***
    She had a loss years ago and then was never able to conceive again so it's a sensitive topic. I had a loss in October and before it happened, H accidentally let it slip that I was pregnant and it was really awkward for a few weeks (completely understandable) then she found out about our loss and tbh her response kind of hurt so it's been awkward ever since. 
    **End TW **
    Just trying to decided when and how to tell her again. Probably will just sent a text so she can deal with it however she needs to in the privacy of her house. 

Questions: 

Definitely going to the Christmas tree farm and cutting down our own tree. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I hate those types of conversations. Hopefully it goes ok. 

i have to do my two hour glucose test next week sometime and I’m putting off scheduling it. 
  • @wineandcoffee Uhhh... 2 hour glucose test? The test takes 2 hours?!?! Is that a normal test???
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited December 2018
    @cindler most women have to take it in early 3rd tri. Depending on your OB you may do the 1hr first,then if you fail you do a 3hr. Some go straight to the 2hr. Some women have to take it early because of previous GD or history. 

You drink a glucose drink usually after fasting and you have to have blood drawn after every hour to test glucose levels which is why it takes so long. 

@wineandcoffee good luck!! ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Thanks @nopegoat. That sounds awful. I can understand why you're stalling @wineandcoffee! Hope things go well!
  • @cindler it's not fun by any means but it's not as bad as it's made out to be. I have never passed a 1hr and always had to do the 3hr too. Afterwards I feel like I have a mild hangover. All pregnant women have to take it eventually. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • The poking and prodding is going to get to me eventually, I'm afraid. I hate being a human pin cushion.
  • @cindler it’s not too bad! There’s typically blood work at your first appointment, then they’ll take blood during your glucose test, but i think that’s it, unless they need additional stuff towards the end. 
  • @nolemomma14 that gives me hope. I had two blood draws last week to check my hcg levels. The lady stuck me IN THE SAME SPOT both times. My entire arm hurt for a few hours after the second draw.

I'm horrible to pull blood from and not a fan of needles, so the fewer times I get poked the better!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD July 12 so we are 9+1

Upcoming Appointments: still waiting for my first US on the 26th. Very sad not to have pictures prior to announcing to family at christmas time

How are you feeling?: Nauseous, starving, all smells repulse me, constantly having to pee, and insomnia which is just exhausting

Rants/Raves: so ready for the 1st Tri to be over so I can tell people and pray I start feeling better!

Questions: none that I can think of off the top of my head

My DH family are huge Friends buffs so we do a friend's trivia for what we call "The Gunther" (friends equivalent to the Geller Cup... And yes it is a troll doll nailed to a 2x4). It gets pretty competitive
  • ironcat2300ironcat2300 member
    edited December 2018
    How many people in Group 2 are sharing the news on Christmas (I’ll be 11w6d)? We had our first us 11/29 (all was good) and are having some genetic work and another ultrasound on 12/19. Chances are we won’t have the genetic results back before we announce. I’m a bit nervous to announce (just immediate family) before the tests come back. I’m a pretty private person so part of me might be trying to avoid announcing all together! Haha!! Any reassuring thoughts or ideas for announcing before we get those genetic tests back? It would be to siblings, grandparents and parents. Thanks!

@Niesen27 We have the same Due Date! 7/12
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  8w5d

Baby is the size of a(n):  raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: 12/18

How are you feeling?: Like garbage. Nausea all day everyday and puking at least once which does nothing too alleviate the nausea.  And so so so tired... 

Rants/Raves: I’m super pissed at DH.  He is SO BAD at putting the kids to bed.  It usually takes 20-30m per kid so we each take one.  The youngest, Monte,  is the worst but I am better w him so I always take him.  However the last few weeks have been super challenging bc I feel like sh*t. 2 or 3 times this week after I come downstairs from putting him to bed, DH is in our bed with our other son asleep. Then last night he asked if I could please put Monte to bed and I said sure but that doesn’t mean he can just go crawl in bed with our other son.  And he screamed at me saying “he didn’t have time for this” bc it was a going to take 30m to put him to bed and he needed to get up early for work.  So I told him this is his life and that is his son so he better figure out how to make time for us in his busy schedule.   He texted me this morning apologizing but I haven’t responded.  Still fuming. 

Questions: anyone try the Unisom + Vitamin B6 combo for nausea? Does it work?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends?  I made Christmas Eve boxes for us that we take out every year and put PJs in to wear that night and into the morning and a small toy or book. I always get the boys matching pjs and teared up thinking from now on Ill need to get 3 matching sets! :) 
  • nopegoat said:
    @cindler most women have to take it in early 3rd tri. Depending on your OB you may do the 1hr first,then if you fail you do a 3hr. Some go straight to the 2hr. Some women have to take it early because of previous GD or history. 

You drink a glucose drink usually after fasting and you have to have blood drawn after every hour to test glucose levels which is why it takes so long. 

@wineandcoffee good luck!! ❤️ 
    I’m not even doing the one hour this time. My OB said that their regulations have changed and is just having me do a two hour test first. I’m not looking forward to it but I’m hoping all goes well and I can just be done with it. 
  • Also @cindler I am taking it early due to family history even though I passed my 1 hour just fine during my first pregnancy 
  • @ironcat2300 I haven't told a soul yet. I'm dead set on waiting until Christmas. We will tell only close family then. Everyone else will be told in Jan or Feb. I'm thinking something around Valentine's Day...
  • @ironcat2300 yay for having a due date buddy! 

I'm also announcing to just immediate family (parents siblings and one set of grandparents) on Christmas! I can't wait to finally get this huge secret off my chest! I don't get my US until after Christmas so I worry about announcing too early as well but if something was wrong I would need family support so I would want them to know anyways.
    Not sure how reassuring it is but consider if something was off with your generic tests; who's support you would want? Whoever pops into your mind is who you should tell. Plus genetic testing isn't 100% accurate (false positives do happen) so on the very small possibility you get a positive it would require even further investigation which could push your announcement back further than you want. I say keep positive thoughts, stay hopeful, and start building the support group you want through your pregnancy!
  • @ironcat2300 We may announce to DH's family at Christmas. My parents and sister have know for a while. We are worried his family may not be supportive. They can be a bit difficult and they are local so I'm getting very nervous. I guess we have to tell them sometime lol. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised but I'm preparing for the worst.
  • @quinniebear Do you really HAVE to tell them? You could always just get really offended when they ask and admit you've gained a few pounds over the winter...

I'm kidding.  :) Good luck with telling the ILs. I hope they surprise you with their support.
  • @cindler hahaha good point