Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 12/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Tuesday 12/4

• Good morning, ladies! 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 25/9 (although I think it's really 7 or 8 dpo)

Timing: as long as I O'ed between day 16 and 19, it was really good. 

Typical LP length: 11-14 days

Testing: Maybe tomorrow?  Haven't decided. 

R/R: So my dog ran head first into the corner of DH's open truck door last night and now has a gash right above her eye.  Not enough to need stitches, but yikes!  Other than that, I am trying my best to be getting in the Christmas spirit this week. Music helps. :) I might make cookies this weekend, too. 

CS/Q: Temp drop this morning, but I don't think I should read into it. I am actually determined not to. 

• @emeraldduchess FX if you do test tomorrow! How scary about your dog. Glad she doesn't need stitches! 

Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 20 / 1 dpo, not temping so this is based on OPK. Will temp next cycle.

Timing: har har.. -5

Typical LP length: 10

Testing: not testing 

R/R: I have a busy day ahead of me! Lots of stuff on my work plate. Also, DH was a huge jerk when he got home from work this morning. He is so grouchy sometimes coming home from night shift. 

CS/Q: None! Really looking forward to temping next cycle so I have a chart, haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emeraldduchess awww your poor pup! I’m glad she doesn’t need stitches! And yum, Christmas cookies sound so good! 

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD/DPO: 15/3-4 ish

Timing: great

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: nah 

R/R: no real rants except I’ve had this sharp intermittent pain on the left side of my head for the past day. It’s driving me crazy and everything with my head freaks me out because of my medical history! I’m sure it’s nothing. Rave- still loling about the grape situation. I asked DH about it last night and he mentioned he throws food into various parts of our yard. I was dying laughing, like “do you just go bury it?”. He said he feels stupid now and would be willing to look into a compost bin. Oh DH 😂

CS/Q: still pretty sure I O’d a day later than it says. I tried removing the temp but it still keeps CD 11 as O. Also, shoutout to everyone who suggested vaginal temping! It’s so nice not to see mountains!

• @b_1029 not sure on your chart but either way you have good timing! I’m sorry about your headache! Also, my DH throws food in the yard too. He tells me it’s for the “animal friends.” Our yard is really just a huge incline of forest so.. but it always cracks me up when he does it. 
  • @emeraldduchess oof, poor puppers!

@b_1029 those temps look real good!

Month/Cycle: 18/16

CD/DPO: 24/8-10DPO

Timing: eh, alright

Typical LP length: 12 daya

Testing: maybe Thursday or Friday

R/R: I finally spent the time washing all the dishes stacked on the counter. Sometimes we get a bit busy and I'm the only one that will wash by hand so it's all left to me to do. So many pots and pans... This was another time where we were washing a pot that was already dirty so we could make dinner. Man I wish I had a house keeper...

CS/Q: temps for once looking consistent over the last few days!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • riff323riff323 member
    edited December 2018
    @emeraldduchess aww, poor pup!

@creamcheeseplease I get really grumpy after work too, hahaha. Sorry he was being a jerk. And sorry your timing wasn't great this cycle.

@b_1029 nice temps! I think I agree with FF on this one, but that's just my opinion. Your DH is so funny with his attempts at composting.

@inthewoods23 yes, I've also had to wash a pot to cook dinner before... it sucks! Your temps look good!

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: not great

Typical LP length: 10-11

Testing: Friday - I know it's early, but I'm going back home to see my family and I need to know if it's safe to get my drink on. I feel like a negative test coupled with lack of symptoms should hopefully be accurate.

R/R: SO DONE with my job. I'm in a weird limbo right now where I have 2 offers from other places but they're not quite steady yet, so I have to slowly transition out of this job and into those two. It's stressful and a pain in the butt. The good news is that I have two other offers and can transition out!

CS/Q: I guess my only question would be a repeat of the one I asked yesterday in TFAS - do you think I can trust the result of a FRER on Friday when AF is due Sunday? I have a shorter LP, so I think that makes it even harder to tell. This is why I don't test ever!!!

ETA: Since most people seem to agree that testing would be too early there... I'm amending my question. If you had an upcoming trip with all sorts of chances to imbibe and have fun with family, what would you do? Drink and hope you're not pregnant, or abstain and kick yourself when you get AF?
  • @riff323:  I would worry about HcG not being high enough yet. 9dpo is really early. Also- sorry about work stuff. 

@inthewoods23  my housework problem is unloading the dishwasher. Ugh. I hate it. So sometimes we just use the dishes straight out of it. Then pile in sink. Until the d/w is basically empty again. 

Month/Cycle: cycle 5

CD/DPO:  19/ tentatively 3

Timing: -1, +1

Typical LP length: was 11...but last month was 13?

Testing:  not for awhile!

R/R:  flight last night delayed 5 hours, and didn’t get home until 430am. Since I had to get up at 630, I didn’t attempt temping. (Had to wake up early because my dog has surgery to remove a little mass from her leg today, and I had to get her dropped off at vet) 

CS/Q:  due to above...still waiting to confirm O. If I put in a temp near past two days’ , then I get crosshairs. Hoping that tomorrow I can get a good temp that will confirm. 

• @lcking82 unloading the dishwasher is the worst! I'm sorry about your flight. You must be exhausted. I hope your dog's surgery goes well!
  • @marebear15 thank you! That's a great article.
  • Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 17/7ish 

Typical LP length: 14ish

Timing: B

Testing: No way no how.

R/R: Another day, another dollar. Anyone else counting down days to retirement? Heh. Heh. ! I watched the “Christmas Chronicle” on Netflix yesterday and DH came home right as I was finishing it up & wondered why I was a blubbering mess. (If you saw it you’ll know why!) So, my emotions are super in check rn. LOL.

CS/Q: Nah, we good.

• @lcking82 lol been there too. Haven't gone to the extreme of emptying the dishwasher by using the clean dishes over time though. I usually will try to empty when I have a moment in the middle of cooking dinner if I don't do it at a separate time.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess For you, my dear!! (Also, I hope your pup is taking his battle wound like a champ!)

@creamcheeseplease Good luck being productive today! I believe in you! 😁

@b_1029 YH is so funny. It’s nice that he cares about the environment though! If we can all make a small (albeit crazy-ish) change we can help our planet! We can!! 

@inthewoods23 Amen on the housecleaner! I would LOVE to have someone to clean up my house. As long as they clean as well as or better than I do. ‘Cause I clean gooooood. Lol.

@riff323 Yay for new jobs, but sucky that they’re not quite steady. Life always finds a way to “work out” though. Heh. Heh. I’m so clever since you’re a personal trainer!! 

@icking82 Eep! I’m so sorry your flight was delayed! I hope you can get back into the swing of things today (and I hope your pup is okay!)
  • @lillywonderland haha, nice pun! Ooh I will have to check out the Christmas Chronicle for sure!
  • @emeraldduchess My dog bonks his head on things all the time and I have no idea how he's not damaged mentally by this point. Glad your sweet girl didn't need stitches and luckily she can't lick her face so probably won't need a cone either! Have you watched Marvelous Mrs Masiel on Amazon Prime? It's so upbeat and light and funny and a little Xmas-sy. That might get you in the spirit!

@creamcheeseplease Can I first say how much I love your SN? Second, my DH has been such a grouch lately too. He "apologized" yesterday by having all the xmas lights up at the house :) Ohhhh husbands... 

@b_1029 I was cracking up about your DH story yesterday. I think a compost might be a good idea :) Sorry about your headache. What about your medical history has you worried? It sounds a little like a migraine, mine always start as an annoying pinch in my eye socket on one side of my head only. And while they suck, they typically are harmless to your health. 

@inthewoods23 No dish washer?! My hands out shrivel up and fall off if I washed all my dishes by hand! 

@riff323 How long is your LP? I think testing on a Friday when AF is due on a Sunday WILL give you your results. *TW* I've had 3 pregnancies and all 3 I had a positive on 9DPO. Have you ever had a MC? If not, I'm a fan of drink till it's pink. So test again Sat night if Friday is no good. end *TW* 

@lcking82 Girl praise you for even being awake today. I hope you can get an early night's rest tonight at the VERY least. 

Month/Cycle: 13

CD/DPO: 19/ ihavenoclue

Timing: maybe -2, -1?

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Sunday maybe? Idk.

R/R: Traveling to NJ today and it's going to be a LONG week, but should keep my mind off of the TWW. Also, get to end my week in the city with my BFF co-worker so that should be nice. I've never seen NYC at Xmas time

CS/Q: Ugh I got another temp drop today and this is the first cycle ever that O is not abundantly clear. I have no idea whats going on. Would post chart but am on a flight. Has anyone heard of multiple estrogen surges during the TWW?

• marebear15marebear15 member
    edited December 2018
    @nomangos23 - I'm going to go with O on CD15. That's the middle of your LH surge, you already had a day of EWCM, CD 17 is your fall back rise, and this morning was because of the time difference (earlier right?).
    ETA: Coverline should be a little below 97.8, and I'm guessing you'll get CHs tomorrow with another high temp, or today, if you changed the time to normal.
  • @marebear15 Yeah, earlier by an hour. lol great! I feel so much better! We should nominate you for the "FF Chart Reading Expert" award! I think FF is going to give me cross hairs on CD17 and I'm 90% certain O was over by then b/c of CP.
  • Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 23/10

Timing: -2

Testing: Dec 10

R/R: getting everything all packed since we close on the house next week! I found a domestic violence safe house to donate a bunch of stuff I don't want after our move too which is awesome 

CS/Q: for those of you who get ovulation cramps, when in correlation with your actual ovulation do the cramps occur? Just curious 
  • @creamcheeseplease boooo for a grumpy H. Hopefully he gets some sleep and is in a better mood later.
    @inthewoods23 washing the dishes is the worst! Good job getting it done!
    @riff323 I agree with others, I would test Friday just to ease my mind and then test again Sunday if AF doesn't come and maybe take it easy...have a couple drinks, but don't go overboard. I'm sorry about the job situation but that's exciting you have 2 other ones you'll be transitioning into soon!
    @lcking82 ugh that sounds like such a long night! Sorry for all the delays! I hope everything goes well with your dog's surgery, poor baby!
    @lillywonderland oooo another movie to add to the list! And yes to counting down to retirement  :D
    @nomangos23 a few years ago I had an artery dissection in my neck and one of my symptoms before was a weird migraine. So now every time I have anything besides a normal headache I get nervous haha. NYC at Christmastime is amazing! I hope you have a great trip with your work BFF!
  • @nomangos23 - At your service ma'am! I spend way too much time playing with my own charts. FF does like giving CHs after the last positive OPK, so it's possible that that's where she'll place them. Works better with your timing too.
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2018
    @daisy0322 mine always happen the day I get a +OPK or the day after. ETA - I've never been able to find a definitive answer as to when the cramps happen vs. when you actually release an egg. 
  • @emeraldduchess I love Christmas music, my favorite is the penatonix! They always put me in the Christmas mood.

@creamcheeseplease I work nights too, sometimes when I come off a stressful shift I feel like I talk to everyone like I'm still in a code. Does he work at a hospital? 

@Icking82 I'm right there with you on the dishes, they're my least favorite housework task.

@nomangos23 I bet NYC at Christmas would be amazing! Let me know how you like it!

@b_1029 thanks! I couldn't find any good research either. It seems to have a "large range of normal". I ALWAYS get ovulation cramps for a few hours each month but I've never been able to figure out if that is when I'm actually ovulating.
  • @nomangos23 my LP is typically 10-11 days, so it may still be early to test but... I guess it can't hurt, right? I have never had a MC. NYC at Christmas time is going to be so much fun!!!

@daisy0322 what a great cause to donate to! I have never figured out a pattern with my O cramps. I've been trying to track them in FF to see if there's a pattern, but there really isn't for me.
  • @nomangos23 don't worry we do have a dishwasher! I grew up never putting pots and pans in the dishwasher or anything that says "hand wash only" so I've followed that. I'll also hand wash anything that's an odd shape or fairly large because I hate when 1 thing takes up a quarter of the bottom rack because there's no good way to place it - like the bowl for the Crock-Pot.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause

• Month/Cycle: I can't remember. It's been about a year and 4 months since we started for #2.

CD/DPO: 10 dpo

Timing: Pretty darn good this go round.

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: Thursday...only because if I'm not pregnant I want a massage on Friday.

R/R: I hate the TWW!!! This week has been great with my family though.

CS/Q:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited December 2018
    @emeraldduchess so sorry about your pup! I kicked my cat in the face this morning while removing my panties  :p Your drop is still elevated. I wouldn't read too much into it. Your temps are still on the up tend.
    @creamcheeseplease sorry about your H.
    @inthewoods23 good luck with your dishes! Your temps look good!
    @riff323 Good luck with your job! Having 2 other offers is great!
    @lcking82 OMG you're going to need all the coffee in the world.
    @lillywonderland retirement is too far away. I just want to be a lady of leisure :D
    @nomangos23 argh, your temps are rocky just when we need them to pinpoint O. Any idea why? 
    @daisy0322 Thank you for donating to a DM shelter!
    @stephanie123456 FX!
    @thshaw Ooooohhh massage. I love them. Which kind are you going to get?

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 23/ 6

Timing: Very good

Typical LP length: 13-15 days

Testing: this weekend, I'll be 10 DPO

R/R: we are doing inventory today so it is a more quiet day. There are a lot of things we can't do so I'll be online a lot  :p

CS/Q: this is December, I want to believe!! I've had twinges since 3DPO. I just hope it's not an infection from the HSG  :D 

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @stephanie123456 thank you for weighing in. I could possibly test again Saturday or Sunday - I'm staying with my sister and she knows we're TTC so I don't have to hide anything from her. :) Your temps look good! FX for you!

@thshaw the TTW blows. I'm glad you're having fun with your family!

@rikiteacup that's a good-lookin' chart! Glad you get a quiet day today.
  • @rikiteacup thanks!  Your chart looks good, too!  LOL at your kitty/panty incident. 
    @stephanie123456 fx that AF stays away!

@daisy0322 I know so many people that love Pentatonix but I have never really listened to them.  This might be a good time to try them!  I really like Jewel's Christmas album, that's my go-to.  Good luck packing!  And that is a wonderful cause that you are donating to.  

@nomangos23 I don't have Amazon Prime, so I haven't seem Ms. Masiel.  I've heard great things about it, though!  My dog tends to run into walls or gets bonked in the head by cabinet doors because she's following us around.  Nothing phases her, though!

@lillywonderland, once again, the Elf gif made me smile! <3  I really need to make sure that I watch that before Christmas.  I have "The Holiday" and "The Family Stone" on my DVR for this weekend. :)
    @lcking82 I hope that everything went well with your dog's surgery.
    @riff323 I'm sorry things are lousy at your job.  Hopefully your transition time will start to go by faster.
    @inthewoods23 I hear you on the dishes.  Since I am the only one that cooks, DH is supposed to wash the pots and pans, but sometimes he doesn't do a great job, so I have to rewash them.  SMH.
    @b_1029 your grape story is too funny! We throw old fruit/veggies in the woods behind our house a lot but maybe we should look into composting.

@creamcheeseplease it's never fun when your DH is grumpy.  I hope his mood improved once he got some rest!