July 2019 Moms

Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) W/O Dec 3rd

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends?

Re: Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) W/O Dec 3rd

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 19 / 7w + 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Dry macaroni noodle

Upcoming Appointments: I have my second midwife appt on the 27th and first ultrasound in about 2 weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty gross. I have mild nausea all day, hungry all the time and feeling super weak. Round ligament pain kicked in last night and scared me awake but it went away with changing positions. I think I need to stop sleeping on my back. 

Rants/Raves: Getting the Nest Hello doorbell installed today, just in time for holiday package nabbers! I also have a ton of hours of aftercare this week and next, hoping that nausea stays mild enough that I can still be a decent caretaker to my son and his classmate. 

Questions: N/a

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? I don't really have one anymore. I used to spend every Christmas with my parents, and it was loads of fun, but we barely have a relationship anymore and they dislike visitors. This year we are going to make cookies with DS for the first time, I'm hoping we can do a few other fun things that we can turn into family traditions. 
  • edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 19th, 7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): dry macaroni noodle

Upcoming Appointments: 1st ob appt Dec 13

How are you feeling?: Ok ish lol . Tired all the time, feel fat, skin breaking out, bloated . Had some pretty bad nausea last 2 weeks but towards the end of last week and into this week nausea is gone . A little unsettling but my hubby keeps saying symptoms probably come and go . Oh and I'm hungry all the time. Gained a few pounds already!

Rants/Raves:  Had to unbutton my pants today after lunch because they were hurting my tummy so much! I know it's just bloat and I wish the bloating would go away soon!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? Go see Christmas lights! And bake sugar cookies
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w5d, due July 24

Baby is the size of a(n): Choco chip

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 14th for a confirmation sono

How are you feeling?: Sleepy, hungry, sore boobs 24/7

Rants/Raves: DH is starting to step up to the plate a little. It's finally really occurring to him that hey, wife is pregnant! Help more with chores! He folded all the laundry last night! So grateful.

Questions: NA

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? Growing up we'd always do gingerbread houses with my cousins. We only attempted to do it completely from scratch one year, then went back to the kits. I love making Chexmix with DH and having a batch for all of December.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks/July 22nd

Baby is the size of a(n): playing die

Upcoming Appointments: Follow up dating ultrasound tomorrow

How are you feeling?: I felt so terrible this past weekend. So, so tired and all day nausea. I am feeling a little better today, which is a welcome reprieve! 

Rants/Raves: If all goes well with the ultrasound tomorrow I think we are going to tell our families this week. Thinking we'll add another stocking to our mantle with the ultrasound peeking out and send the pic around. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? As a kid, my favorite was Christmas at my grandmas house, which was either Christmas day or Christmas eve. I have a lot of cousins all close in age and we always had so much fun!! We still have our get togethers the weekend before or after Christmas and I still look forward to it! Now that we have kids I'm looking forward to creating our own special memories and traditions. This year is the first year we have a child old enough to really enjoy everything!! Our oldest is 2!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 12/13 

How are you feeling?: better. Still get really sick at night but I worked out for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday and felt good! 

Rants/Raves: why am I so bloated?! I need to hide this pregnancy until Christmas and this bloat is NOT helping. 

Questions: no questions. 

i love going to my moms for Christmas Eve. We play games, do a gift exchange, win prizes and eat. So simple. Even though my sister are all dysfunctional and crazy... it makes this holiday a little more fun.
    i also LOVE making cookies for Santa with my kids. My 3 year old really understands christmas this year and he’s just been so excited. Having kids makes Christmas so much more fun. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks/July 23rd

Upcoming Appointments: 12/11

How are you feeling?: Better today, but the last couple days were rough. Too tired to get out of bed and nausea 😫. 

Rants/Raves: my jeans no longer fit. My stomach isn't too bloated, but it officially went from squishy fat to solid

Questions: N/A

Looking to start one. 
  • @knottiea7ad9d5d2cbecba6

could you update your username? It’s impossible to get to know who any of the knotties are because the names all look the same. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7w5d

Upcoming Appointments:
    Friday morning 

How are you feeling?:
    Tired and over the nausea 

Rants/Raves: 
    Finally started drinking coffee again yesterday and I felt amazing and could function. I couldn’t keep up with my twogorls without it.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? Christmas Eve has always been my favorite. We used to go my grandparents with all the uncles/aunts and cousins and exchange gifts and do church and dinner. Now we’re starting the tradition with my parents since our family has grown so much. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2018
    Moving over here since my doctor confirmed my due date!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/7W5D

Baby is the size of a(n): headphone earbud

Upcoming Appointments: just had my initial today. Next one is 1/8.

How are you feeling?: Thrilled! I had no idea I was getting an ultrasound today. When I called they said that would be a separate appointment about a week later, but nope - my doctor wanted to confirm a heartbeat right then and there. I'll post it in the ultrasounds thread :)
    Physically, I feel OK. Breasts got way more tender over the last few days. I think my official craving is bagels with cream cheese: I fell asleep last night thinking about them :p 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: my appointment was longer than I expected, so I have to stay late today...and I'm swamped and have two meetings this afternoon. Groan.
    Rave: heartbeat!!  <3

Questions: **edit: how do you add a ticker to your signature? I can't seem to get it right -.-

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? My dad's family does a white elephant exchange but with actual nice gifts. One year I put in a circular shoe rack, another year my aunt won a paraffin wax kit, etc. I love it because everyone puts thought into their gift and we're always excited to take them home. 
  • @hestia14 oh man a bagel and cream cheese does sound heavenly!
    @annewheeler2 I'm so sad... I haven't had coffee in two weeks because just the thought of it makes me want to throw up. I'm missing out on chestnut praline season :cry:
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20, 2019/7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): dried macaroni noodle

Upcoming Appointments: Initial appointment Dec. 10

How are you feeling?: feeling fine today after all last week being horribly nauseous. Also worried about miscarrying again (had one a few months back but seems so far things are going well 🤞🏻🤞🏻)

Rants/Raves: So happy husband has been stepping up more so and helping a lot more around the house.

Questions: 

Watching favorite holiday movies and making cookies and just being around our loved ones. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: july 17th, 7 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): keyboard key

Upcoming Appointments: had ob last week, seeing a midwife next wed... not sure which i want to work with yet... so im seeing both

How are you feeling?: more and more crappy, nausea is now vomiting 

Rants/Raves: i want all the carbs!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? Baking
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 20th, 7 weeks 4 days
    Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry
    Upcoming Appointments: First OB appointment Tuesday 12/11/18...counting down the days.
    How are you feeling?: Earlier this week a lot of nausea and food adversions with 2 episodes of dry heaving. Today overall pretty good, just slight nausea and I'm fatigued. Craving all the carbs.
    Rants/Raves: Rants: I know I need to eat some greens, but the thought of it makes me want to puke. Also had some very mild brown spotting earlier this week which has me nervous, but it was after HIO. So hoping it was nothing, no cramping associated with it. Raves: I know the MS symptoms could be way worse, glad I'm functional for work considering I work with patients all day. Excited to get some xmas shopping done this week.
    Questions: I'll be 8+3 at my first appointment and I live in the US...do you think they will definitely do an ultrasound?
    GTKY: When I was little we would always bake a bunch of christmas cookies and I am continuing that with my husband on Christmas Eve since we have the whole day free. We also always cut down a real tree and we did that over the weekend. 
  • @jessg2223 Early US truly varies from practice to practice, you should call ahead and ask. On the spotting, the cervix is very sensitive during pregnancy and anything coming into contact with it can cause some cervical spotting. It's nothing to be concerned about though. 
  • @jessg2223 my practice does zero ultrasounds in house... everything is scheduled at the nearby imaging center. I'd call too... many places don't do anything other than intake paperwork at the 8 week appointment!

I had my follow up dating scan yesterday and official due date is July 23rd, so just one day behind when I thought it was. Super interesting they said I ovulated from my left side, which looking back to when I thought I ovulated I had cramping/pain on my left side. So I guess I was right! Getting more excited now!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    July 20 / 7 weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments:
    December 21st - I'll be 9W+6. First appointment. Really hoping to hear heart beat!! 

How are you feeling?:
    Slight nausea throughout the day. Always eating, craving salty things. I had a cold all weekend, lingering til today. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Some mornings i have to stand on the bus during my commute and depending on the driver it makes my nausea worse. I've been tempted to ask others to give up their seat for me (or else I may throw up on you ma'am) but so far I've sucked it up and got to work with no incidents. 

Questions: 

Christmas brunch at my parents. Starting new traditions with my little boy. I have had no desire to bake but baking and making treats also a Christmas tradition. 
  • @mamanbebe and@ccmama3 Thanks! I asked in the patient portal, so we will see.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th / 8W exactly today :)

Baby is the size of a(n): Grape!

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound this Saturday! Hoping to see little bean and maybe even hear the heartbeat! 

How are you feeling?: Extreme fatigue is still the number one issue for me. I can barely function at work and I could easily sleep through the night from the moment I come in the door haha! Other than that - the morning sickness has kicked in! Not throwing up yet, but nausea up until lunch time every day. 

Rants/Raves: I have really been loving all kinds of smoothies and fruits lately! I even found a ginger smoothie that really helps with the morning sickness! Highly recommend! 

Questions: I’ve been struggling with pants lately (mostly because of bloating haha) but especially work clothes has been a struggle! When are you guys planning on looking for maternity pants? So far I’ve been wearing leggings, but it’s not really appropriate for work and I have a feeling my coworkers are starting to question my outfit haha!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? My favorite tradition is kind of my own tradition - but I always wake up really early (5-6am) and turn on the lights on the tree and just relax with a cup of coffee before everyone else wakes up on Christmas Eve.
  • @clbean Today I broke out my maternity work pants from last baby. I was trying to hold out but the bloat is real!! So much more comfortable now. 
  • leendennyleendenny member
    edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20 / 7+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: Have a follow up ultrasound today to make sure baby is looking good and growing :smile:

How are you feeling?: Feeling decent. I have a fair amount of nausea in the first half of the day but usually it's better if I manage to eat something. I'm having a lot of food aversion and occasionally indigestion that keeps me up at night. I can't really complain, it's all pretty mild.

Rants/Raves: Rant- I just need to make it through the next two weeks. I have so much going on that that fatigue is busting my behind because my schedule after work is so insane with extra stuff (Christmas cantata practice for church, children's choir program practice, sports for the older step-kiddos, choral group practice, choral performances, Christmas parties). I have nearly been in tears everyday after work because I just want to go home and rest. I truly love all of my extras, I'm just emotional and sooo tired. Rave- Life is really good. I am so very blessed.

Questions: Not right now...

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends? Every Christmas Eve, after candlelight service at church, we get together with all of my DH's family and shoot fireworks and have a corn dog dinner. I like it most because there is always a big kettle fire and the kids all really love it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @clbean I'm wearing the more discreet maternity clothes I feel like I can get away with. It's nice that it's winter and we all have excuse to wear bulkier clothing! I also love your self-tradition. I am not a morning person, but that sounds so wonderfully peaceful.
  • @hestia14 I think you need to click the little chain link at the top and past in the web addresss to your ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @leendenny Ah! Figured it out: I had to toggle to HTML view in my signature box (The </> button) and paste the HTML link there. Thanks! :) 
  • @foodislove it’s so peaceful! I love it ☺️ this is my first pregnancy so maybe I’ll look into getting something comfortable before the holidays! 

@canuckmomma yes!! The bloat is real!! 
  • @clbean I bought a bellaband and have been using that with my normal pants--then by noon they are normally unbuttoned. I also wear sweaters always at work because it's chilly in clients' offices so i don't think they notice. I love my black one so much i'm going to get a white one too.  

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/18 // 8 weeks today 

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry 

Upcoming Appointments: on Monday the 10th hopefully my last appointment at my RE clinic. 

How are you feeling?: horrible--tired, nausea and emotions all over. per my clinic, i'm starting B6 and unisom tonight. fingers crossed it works.

Rants/Raves: 10 days until i go home for the holidays!!

Questions: have you changed your sleeping position? I'm trying to train myself to sleep on my left side, but it's so hard!! i just can't sleep on my side, i'm a stomach sleeper.  

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition you do with family or friends?  i love opening stockings in the morning while we wait for everyone else to wake up.  ours are always filled with things you don't by on a normal day like yummy treats, trashy magazines (i mean like people or US Weekly--not that trashy...) and an orange in the foot because it fits!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): altoid

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 31. New years eve!

How are you feeling?: Anxious that I have to wait so long before my first appt. They wouldn't schedule it until 10 weeks which puts me on Christmas. So I'll be closer to 11 weeks at my appt.

Rants/Raves: I was really tired and fatigued last week but for some reason craved cereal (Honey bunches of oats) and oranges. Im bad about eating any fruits and havent eaten cereal in years. Since I've started eating them though, I've started feeling more energized. I also just started taking prenatal vitamins. I guess my body knew what nutrients I was missing.

Questions: Midwife or OB? I don't see a regular doctor so I called my closest clinic to set up an appt. They asked if I wanted to schedule with a physician or a midwife and I said midwife on a whim. I hadn't put much thought into it but now I'm wondering... which is better? 

I always have multiple holiday celebrations: one for friends from high school, friends from college, immediate family at my parents, extended family at my grandparents, and husband's family. So I just love seeing and catching up with everyone.
  • @b_v one of the major benefits of a midwife is that they will typically stay with you through the whole labor & delivery of your child. A doctor usually shows up for the action. Midwives can often be more skilled in in laboring methods and coaxing the baby out without unnecessary interventions. 
  • @blackhottamales I wouldn't worry about the sleep position yet! My rule of thumb has always been to sleep however is comfortable. Even in third trimester... if it's more comfortable to sleep on my right side that's how I'll sleep.

@clbean oooh that smoothie sounds so good!! I've been wanting cold and fruity things too. As far as maternity pants, I've been wearing them the past week or two when I need to wear something other than yoga pants/leggings.