Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 12/3

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

Number you are trying for: 

Month/Cycle:

WTO/TWW:

Ages of other child(ren):

Thoughts about this cycle:

Questions:

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year?

Re: TFAS w/o 12/3

• Month/Cycle: 1

WTO/TWW: WTO, think today may be O

Ages of other child(ren): DS, 20 months

Thoughts about this cycle: none, our timing is really poor because I was pretty sick over the weekend, DS was sick, and now DH is at work for the next three nights so I won't even see him except right before I leave for work in the morning until Wednesday night. 

Questions: nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Eh. I was sick and now I have a cold! I guess this is just how it's going to be until spring, lol. Also, I've been asked to work on a project that I don't want to at work, and I'm being a big baby about it and posting on the bump instead of getting started. 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year? Also a Christmas Story! not that DS cares yet, lol. 

@riff323 how long is your LP? I think the answer to your FRER question depends on that. For instance my LP was always 10 days so taking a HPT 2 days prior to that I wouldn't think it was accurate. But, if you have a longer LP like 14 days then it might be accurate. I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited December 2018
    Edited: sorry wrong thread 😬 still learning the acronyms
  • Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 7/7

WTO/TWW: TWW

Ages of other child(ren): 1.5 (where did the time go?!? 🥺)

Thoughts about this cycle: I think I O’d too early. Boooo. 

Questions: Nah

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’m thisclose to unlocking the free child labor perk of having kids!! I was doing some weeding in the backyard this weekend and asked DS to pick up all the big leaves. He did GREAT...for like 3 minutes until he got distracted by a stick that he proceeded to carry around the yard for the next 15 minutes. Also, when I ask him to help me move the laundry he runs and gets his wooden stool and sets it up right in front of the dryer! Now I just need to show him how to vacuum...

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year? We have Mickey’s Christmas Carol on DVD so we might watch that this year. Always watched that and The Santa Clause as a kid...Elf was on this weekend and we definitely watched that. I love Elf! Sometimes I feel like I’m Buddy! 🤣
  • edited December 2018
    @riff323 They can be accurate and they also cannot be. It totally depends on how quickly and how exponential your rate of producing HCG goes. That’s why they always say that taking a PG test on the day of your expected period is the most accurate - by that time your body has been producing HCG and has a testable level. There have been studies that have been done that show that a person who is KU could not turn a test at 10 dpo. Sorry to be a buzzkill! Lol.

@creamcheeseplease Boo to crappy work projects! I hope you can get it done quickly!

@kattyknedgen96 Hello and welcome! 

*edit grammar
  • Hippoing, but I'll be back to post and tag in a bit. @lillywonderland Curious about this study that says you can't turn a test at 10dpo? Because that's when I got my positive for DD on an FRER.
  • @marebear15 FF actually did a study. Bumping mobile, so I dunno if the link will post correctly. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When-can-I-expect-a-positive-HPT-if-I-am-pregnant.html
  • @lillywonderland - Thanks for the link! That's interesting that not only does 10dpo have less than 10% chance of testing positive, but also is the most common day for false negatives. Guess I had an early implanter!
  • @lillywonderland my DD loves to sweep!! Start em early I say. She also likes to help wipe up spills. Really when I say "help" I mean "make them worse"  but you can't have everything in life.

@riff323 I'm sorry you're struggling. I seriously am too, sister. I think TTC has made my anxiety 100x worse. I'm just a DM away if you wanna chat! 

@creamcheeseplease so sorry about your timing. That's interesting what you say about HPTs. I have always wondered about their accuracy for us short LP gals. 

What number are you trying for? 2 

Month

• edited December 2018
    @riff323 I'm so sorry that you've been struggling. Especially around this time of year, it's so taxing. Your health comes first, so if you need to take a step back to feel better, then definitely do it! *hugs*

@creamcheeseplease I'm sorry about being sick! I was too early this cycle and it threw me off! Hope you and the family start feeling better soon.

@lillywonderland That's too cute! I think it's so sweet when our LOs want to help (even if it is for like three seconds).

Number you are trying for: #2

Month/Cycle: 2/2

Ages of other child(ren): 4

Thoughts about this cycle: Meh... I'm so over it, I've been on such a roller coaster with work that I'm sure my stress has affected my cycle. Plus I'm being a SS over here, so I'm just waiting for something to happen. I fee like AF might be coming but... **TW**
    My boobs have been sort of sore/tender over the weekend... I don't think that was a symptom when I was pregnant with DS until a few weeks into it, but that was a while ago so my memory is poor.

Questions: Not really... have a good Monday!

Rant/Rave/Brag: Took DS to his first movie in the theatre this weekend. We saw Wreck It Ralph 2. Definitely not as good as the first, but cute. DS loved having popcorn and playing in the reclining seats, but there were so many darn trailers, DS was getting antsy. DH had to take him out a couple times because he started getting restless like 1/2 way through. But overall, we all had fun.

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year? DS loves all of the Xmas TV shows on Disney Jr and Nick Jr so our DVR is recording ALLLL of those episodes. We also like the Mickey Once / Twice Upon a Christmas. 
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Noooo my whole post got eaten. Be back later!! 
  • Well the only important things I wanted to say is how cool (not sure that's the right word) it is that @marebear15 @lillywonderland and I are all on cycle 7! Hopefully it's the lucky one for one (or all) of us!

And also, Elf all the way!! I also really loved Miracle on 34th St (with Mara Wilson) as a kid. Watched it a couple years ago and it held up! 
  • @stephanie123456 I don't think you have to spoiler in here (TFAS) for mentions of previous pregnancies (unless I misunderstand the rules...). I had such sore boobs last week too. I thought it was a pregnancy symptom but was just a PMS symptom. :( I super super hope yours are not. ❤️

Also, to add some more to the HPT debate... I actually knew I was pregnant with DD 10dpo because that's when my AF was due but didn't come. Didn't test until 12dpo but it was already a super dark line at that point with my FMU. 
  • @jennifer_louise @marebear15 I also got a positive at 10 dpo with DS. My period was due that day and I turned a digital. That’s why I thought it might have something to do with the length of my lp. 

@stephanie123456 fx those are good aptoms and not AF symptoms!
  • @riff323 - I'm so sorry you feel like throwing in the towel! Sometimes taking a break is what we need for our mental health. Also, to weigh in on the HPT thing, I think that you should be able to trust your results, but that's coming from SS me who turned a test at 10dpo. How many dpo would you be?

@creamcheeseplease - Sorry you don't think it's going to be good timing this cycle.

@lillywonderland - I love it when they decide to help and think it's fun! DD finds the kitchen handtowel and starts mopping the floor. I guess she sees me wipe around the highchair after her? 
    Of course you have to show DS Elf!! lol, I've been loving the gifs.

@stephanie123456 - Yes, as Jennifer mentioned, we can talk freely about pregnancies, kids, and everything in between here in TFAS. I'm glad DS had fun at the movie! I can't imagine DD sitting still for that long, but she's pretty young.

@jennifer_louise - Lucky #7 right!! 

Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 7/7

WTO/TWW: WTO

Ages of other child(ren): 14 months

Thoughts about this cycle: Getting my hopes up, idk why

Questions: 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD has started to shake her finger when I tell her no. It's been all about the Christmas tree this week, so I've told her no multiple times not to touch. Then last night she walks over to the tree and starts shaking her finger at it. I think she's learning! 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year? Charlie Brown!
  • @stephanie123456 I'm in the same boat as you I have been feeling nauseous and with my son I threw up before the test was positive and not sleeping is a big pregnancy symptom for me. But I'm super stressed with the closing of the house next week sonit could easily be stress. 
  • Thank you for weighing in on the HPT, you guys! It will only be 9 DPO, but my LP is usually only 10-11 days long so I'm sort of out of options. I just want to know if I can drink without worry. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome scares the hell out of me. According to the FRER website calculator, it says I should be able to test... but then again, they're in the business of making money so of course they would want me to. I feel like if I test and it's negative and I also don't have any symptoms, I should be able to trust it, right?

@creamcheeseplease I hope you feel better soon, and are able to get your project done.

@lillywonderland I'm a big fan of child labor! Hahaha

@jennifer_louise thank you. <3

@stephanie123456 I'm glad DS did well at the movie, even if he was getting antsy!

@marebear15 that's so cute!
  • @creamcheeseplease I'm procrastinating on the bump too! I should be packing lol

@lillywonderland yes! Free child labor lol I can't wait! 

@marebare15 yay sounds like DD is getting it! I kinda have my hopes up too this cycle I'll be hoping for you! 
  • @jennifer_louise omg. Your comment made me laugh because I’m imagining your DD “helping” like this this video. Freakin’ hilarious!! https://youtu.be/UM3ruWLIpBs 

@marebear15, @jennifer_louise Cheers to my cycle 7 buddies!! Now, please GTFO here...I’m sick of talking to you guys. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

@marebear15 I LOVE that your DD shakes her finger - so cute! We let DS touch the tree (one finger!) because he’s a wild one and at least he can get some of his manic energy out if he can “touch” the tree. He’s stolen one of the ornaments off the tree too many times too count though. LOL. In his defense though, it is a very nice ball-like one with a cute little kiwi bird on it! FX we raise kids who like to clean and keep things organized, LOL!!

@stephanie123456 I couldn’t get into Wreck It Ralph. I watched like 1/2 of it and wasn’t a fan. 😬 and I usually love all the movies!! (But I also didn’t like Inside Out, lol). So cool that you got to experience the movies with him for the first time. I LOVE going to the movie theatre. 

@riff323 YGPM

• @lillywonderland just like that lol. My DD will pour water on the ground just to clean it up. "uh oh". I have to explain that "uh oh" only applies if it was an accident. 
  • @jennifer_louise omg. I just watched the longer version of that video and it is so funny! The kid was making dinner for a girl! He went to the store and “cooked” everything...and then the girl rang the doorbell and...spoiler alert...it was his Mom!! 😭🥺🥰 He also looks exactly how I think DS will look in another year or two! Awwwwww.
  • @jennifer_louise - Oh my word! My DD does that too. Shakes water out of sippy cup, "uh-oh." 🤦
  • Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 3/3

Ages of other child(ren): 2

Thoughts about this cycle: Hoping we had good timing but I think I O’d earlier than I expected.

Questions: Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: My emotions are ranging from: feeling desperate that this was our cycle so a LO doesn’t interfere with me hopefully starting grad school next fall and still being nervous about being KU

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year? Well my favorite Christmas movie is Elf but I think it will be a few years before I show that one to DD :D

@stephanie123456 we were considering taking DD to her first movie but I’m thinking we should wait a few years.

@riff323 creepy internet hugs, lady <3

@lilywonderland solidarity on a possible early O

• @smmatt08 I know how you feel about desperation. FX for you!
  • Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 2

Ages of other child(ren): 15 months

Thoughts about this cycle: I'm actually feeling pretty good about it but it's because my husband has me all talked up. 

Questions: were moving over Christmas... am I a horrible mom for not wanting to do a tree and decorating two houses because I don't know which house we will have Christmas yet? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS had the worst tantrum ever last night because I wouldn't let him listen to music on my phone. He put his head down on the ground and just cried for like 7 straight minutes.  I just waited it out because he hadn't ever done that really before and then he walked over to a toy and started playing and every so often he'd look up at me and stick his lip out and pout. It was kind of hilarious but also, I'm hoping not a new habit haha. 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year?
    I LOVE A CHRISTMAS STORY!  But my favorite kids Christmas movie is the claymation rudolf. I guess it's not popular now though because they bully rudolf? But I always loved it as a kid. 
  • @daisy0322 I don't think you're a bad mom for not decorating. Maybe something small, but only if you feel like it! I also love Rudolph, and I didn't realize that it wasn't popular anymore. That's kind of lame.
  • @daisy0322 - Was last night a full moon? Because DD was super fussy and threw so many tantrums last night.
    Also, not a bad mom for not wanting to decorate. It's stressful enough to move, much less throwing Christmas decorations into the mix. You could always do a quick tree a day or two before Christmas if you have your heart set on opening presents by the tree.
  • @riff323 yeah I always thought kids that got made fun of would like it because they could identify with rudolf.... I dunno I just saw people on Facebook talking about it.  Maybe we can get a tiny tree or something I'm just officially freaking out about not know where we will be lol

• @jennifer_louise - I'm so sorry! That just hurts. Yesterday someone from my old BMB posted in July. It's the second person from that group to get pregnant in July, and I'm still waiting...
  • @jennifer_louise aww I'm sorry you're crying in the bathroom today. :(
  • @jennifer_louise:  I'm so sorry...sucks to get blindsided so hard.

@riff323:  big creepy internet hugs to ya, lady.

Number you are trying for:  2

Month/Cycle:  Cycle 5/ month ???

WTO/TWW:  tentatively moving to TWW

Ages of other child(ren):  2y (almost 2.5 y!)

Thoughts about this cycle:  Ya'll, we failed HARD at SMEP and/or HIO, mainly b/c DD still needs one of us to snuggle her to sleep, so either DH or I lie down with her, and then hopefully manage to wake back up to DTD.  *BUT* we did manage to get 2  BD's in the FW (-1/+1, or possibly -2/O), which would be about our best timing so far (I realize this is sad to say out loud).  When I see folks with ED or EOD BD, I'm just in awe.

Questions:  More just "musings" - I didn't temp this morning, so I'm hoping that a temp tomorrow will prompt FF to give me crosshairs.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  Mentioned in TWW already, but last night was travel nightmare.  DH is working in NYC this week, so DD and I joined him for the weekend.  We had a blast, but DD and I had to fly home last night.  Our flight got delayed >5 hours, which put us landing at 345am.  While DD did sleep some on the plane, there was also LOTS of screaming and crying (you know, toddlering).  Finally got her to sleep at home at 430am.  Then had to get up to have dog at vet at 730am for a surgery today.  I let DD sleep as long as possible, then she slept in car until I dropped her at daycare at 830.  Poor think was just a little zombie, and I feel terrible that I had to leave her today.  Trying to hustle at work to get off early and pick her up.  :(:(:(

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year?  My personal favorite is Christmas Vacation (but that's a bit over the 2 y/o's head), so I'll go with Elf.  She thinks Buddy is funny and likes the soundtrack a lot!
  • Add me too for the desperation train!  :s
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• What is in their freakin’ water? Can I please have some? 

@smmatt08 Early O buddy! High fives and hopes for being a SS this cycle!! 

@jennifer_louise Two things - 1. I’m sorry you were crying at work. Sending so much ❤️ and strength for you today. Sometimes people unintentionally hurt us, but know that your day will come and I will celebrate the shit outta it when it happens for you. You are kind. You are important. You are strong. You got this!! Annnnnnnnd 2. I definitely lol’d at your fantasy football situation. I myself have been kicking ass this year (what what 11-2!!). Lol. 

@icking82 eep to zombie kid! But I’m glad you guys had a fantastic time in NYC...first Disney and now NYC? Definitely starting to get a little envious of your traveling!! As for your DD - she’ll prolly bounce back quicker that you will. 🤣

@daisy0322 Def. not a horrible Mom! Do whatever is going to make your life easier. If you’re stressing out about not having any decorations then just do something small! No need to go all out when you’re literally moving your entire house at the same time. That’s stressful enough!
  • @lcking82 I hear you on struggling to get good timing! We go through that every cycle too, which is probably why it's not panning out for us yet. FX for you! Having a toddler on the plane really blows. When we flew with DD in July she had a major meltdown. I was freaking the eff out but what can you do? You have to just let them ride it out and hope they stop eventually. I hope she's okay today and you can pick her up early!
  • @lillywonderland:  the traveling is definitely our "thing," and if you ask my DH, we don't do it enough!  Really, both he and I do a fair amount of traveling for career, so we just tend to tack on a few extra days to trips to make them fun!
  • You ladies are the best @marebear15 @lillywonderland @lcking82. I appreciate the nice words today. You're right! I'm strong! I can do this! 
  • Number you are trying for: 3 

Month/Cycle: 2/3 

WTO/TWW: WTO

Ages of other child(ren): DS 3.5, DD 1.5 

Thoughts about this cycle: Just gonna have sex daily until my period because ovulation is a mystery. 

Questions: None. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: None except I feel like I’ve lived 4 weeks in these two days this week. How is it only Tuesday?! 

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas movie you have to show your kid(s) every year? A Muppet’s Christmas Carol! 

@creamcheeseplease oh, yuck. I’m sorry you were sick. I was hoping it was just a fluke stomach ache. Hope this cold doesn’t linger too long. 

@lillywonderland Child labor becomes real clutch when they can fetch TP. On the HPT/10 DPO comment, I’m a SS and got both of my positives 10DPO. I also had the mythical implantation bleeding for BOTH kids. Just the specialist of all over here but I do assume I’m the exception. 

@riff323 I’m really pulling for you. I’m so sorry this has been stressful and so mentally taxing. As for your question, I tested positive at 10 DPO with both of my kids. I do have an 11 day LP, though. Also a random note that you don’t start sharing blood supply through the placenta until around 10 weeks. But I get the anxiety surrounding it all. 

@smmatt08 What will you be going to grad school for?

@jennifer_louise Ugh, that brutal kind of blind siding is especially cruel at work. I’m sorry. 

@lcking82 Over five hour delay and you still went to work today? You the deal MVP.  

• @Mother0fDragons social work. I’m nervous, application is due end of the month :#
  • @MotherofDragons thank you for the vote of confidence! Good luck having sex everyday - I feel like that would kill me! I swear I have a decent sex drive but parenthood has taken its toll and I just feel lazy sometimes.