July 2019 Moms

Group 1 Check In (EDD 7/1-7/8) - Week of 12/3

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Re: Group 1 Check In (EDD 7/1-7/8) - Week of 12/3

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 7th (9w 1d)

Baby is the size of a(n): olive

Upcoming Appointments: in the waiting room now to talk about my high risk plan

How are you feeling?: headaches, constipation, bloated, cramping, ragey, tired.

Rants/Raves: so excited for the Holidays, but the weird weather keeps causing our town holiday festivities to get canceled.

Questions: does your skin get better in the upcoming trimesters, I look like I did as a pubescent teenager before going on Accutane?!?!?!?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? we take DS to look at Christmas light displays with my parents and then all get dinner together.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/8/19 / 9w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): green olive

Upcoming Appointments: 12/27 & 1/2

How are you feeling?: I am so sick compared to my other pregnancies.  Its like my mouth is constantly dry, leaving a bad taste in my mouth and making me nauseous.  So strange.  No matter how much I drink I can't get it to change.

Rants/Raves: Finally got a reimbursement check i've been waiting for for almost a month and picked up my vehicle from the garage today so we're about done dealing with insurance bull and i'm ready to throw a party!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Christmas Eve we go to my in laws for a few hours and then we go to my aunts.  Christmas eve has always been so special to me and it's just gotten even better as I've gotten older and started having children of my own.  Christmas day is also very special as we visit lots of family that day as well.  We start at our house of course, head to my moms for gifts and food, then down to my aunts and my grandparents (they all live beside each other) and it's just a day full of family.  
  • @hellmanpartyof5 I looooooove your Christmas Eve box tradition!!!
  • @mrscammack My symptoms seem to come and go mote than before and will disappear completely for hours at a time so you're definitely not alone!
  • @applegirl19 I gave up and went to maternity leggings a couple of weeks ago. So much more comfortable! 
  • @babyginjuly I love when hubbies get so into the pregnancies. After DD was born SO would always say "I love you both".

***TW***Since our first loss my SO started saying "I love you all" and he would kiss my belly every time he was leaving to go somewhere, even after we knew that we had lost the babies. He does the same now. I love that he has always acknowledged all of the pregnancies as parts of our family. And knowing there is a chance we may get to bring this baby home just adds to the wonderfulness:) End TW***
  • @Happyin14 Where do you find an advent calendar with ornaments??? This sounds amazing! I would LOVE to do something like that with DD. We do the playmobile advent calendars but I've never seen one with ornaments before. Such a great idea!!!
  • Weeks: 9+4, July 4th

Baby is the size of a canapé 

Appointment: Last US with the RE on the 10th and my next prenatal appt on the 27th.

Feeling...sick. So so sick. Sore boobs. Constipated. Did I mention sick? The nausea is killing me and only getting worse.

Rants/Raves: See nausea above. I hope it doesn't get any worse.

Questions: None today:)

GTKY: We always have a huge party on Christmas eve with family and friends. I love it:)
  • @indulgentgypsy Oh girl, you’ve had it so rough! I hope things get better for you soon. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5, 9+3

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan

Upcoming Appointments: First appt/US is still 2 weeks away on 12/13. I’m silently going insane! (At work I got to see the baby again. HB of 128 and looks like a little gummy bear! So cute!!) 

How are you feeling?: I’m not feeling as nauseous as before. I’m still eating all the time. I just wish my cough would go away. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: DD crawled for the first time yesterday! I’m sooo proud of her! 

Questions: nothing this go around! 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? We usually go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve, and I love that tradition. But this year with a 10 month old I don’t think we’ll be doing that. Decorating is probably
    my favorite thing. It just makes the holidays feel cozier. 
  • @applegirl19 I’m either wearing unbuttoned jeans or maternity leggings, the bloat is insane this time around for me! 
  • @thycapanj I remember my skin being pretty terrible my whole first pregnancy. I heard the saying that girls steal your beauty so I always joked that’s how I was sure I was having a girl! If my skin this pregnancy is anything to go by it’s another girl for sure lol I wish I got that glow that everyone talks about! 
  • dei_gratiadei_gratia member
    edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 8 / 9 + 1

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appointments: Doctor this week and OB next week, although I’m planning to cancel to change OB’s

How are you feeling?: Not too bad! Main symptom this week is dizziness, I can only stand for a few minutes. Tired all day but has improved. 

Rants/Raves: noticing my nails and hair are getting longer since being pregnant! Could be the prenatals but I have been on these on and off for a few years.  

Questions: None 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? My husband and I plan a date for each other as a Christmas present. 
  • @literatureandink we started it when hubs and I were just dating. We'd buy each other pj's and sip cocoa watching whatever Christmas movie was on that night. This year we're thinking about adding Christmas lights to the mix to start. I look forward to it every year.
  • @thycapanj, my skin is AWFUL also. I didn’t have this with prior pregnancies so... can’t say when it ends. But my face looks awful. And my hair is greasy. 
  • @Happyin14 Thank you! I am definitely going to do this for next year!!!
  • Tippy05Tippy05 member
    edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4, 9w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap

Upcoming Appointments: next Monday. I really hope to hear the heart beat or get a quick ultrasound. I say it all the time, but PGAL is a mindfuck.

ETA: @mrscammack same, and I hate it. 

How are you feeling?: better than I have recently, but still so exhausted. The bloat is pretty bad. I can usually hide it ok at the beginning of the day but by the end of the day I definitely look pregnant.  

Rants/Raves: I can't wait to start wearing maternity clothes all the time. 

Questions: none really

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? We spend Christmas Eve with my family and I love it. There are at a minimum 12 of us so it's crazy and loud and fun and I love it.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5, 9w 4d

Baby is the size of a: green olive

Upcoming Appointments: So I have an appt 12/13 and then another appointment and US 12/26! Hubby can't make 12/26 and I wanted the have the ultrasound to show everyone at Christmas so I also booked an US at a private boutique 12/22 - very excited I get to see the baby back to back and DH will still get to have that special moment as well!

How are you feeling?: My new catchphrase has become, 'I'm going to be nauseous like this for the rest of my life'

Rants/Raves: I'm so excited I am so close to announcing! Telling family at Christmas celebrations when I will be 12 weeks

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve with my family - it's just my favorite day of the year!

@applegirl19 I have given up on pants, that button can not stay closed it's skirts and dresses until I get some work maternity pants! Usually in the morning I'm fine and everything fits but by 4pm I look 6 months pregnant, it's insane!

@babyginjuly STOP you made me cry on the bus, I love that so much!

@thycapanj God I hope so, my skin isn't horrible right now but I've got this one pimple the size of half my face that has just been chilling for weeks, no matter what I do it refuses to leave
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    9 + 1

Cherry

Upcoming Appointments:
    12/27 for NT u/s

How are you feeling?:
    So sick. I thought I was on the upswing but last night I felt sick again. I also feel edgy and irritable. RX for Diclegis is still pending because communication between pharmacy and ob has been ridiculously slow for a prior authorization. At this rate I’m probably going to not even need it by the time it’s processed. So irritated. 

Rants/Raves: 
    The Diclegis situation of course. I also think my husband is starting to get frustrated because I’m going on week four of intense nausea. We haven’t ate a meal together in forever and the house is a mess. I feel like I’m in survival mode. 😩

Questions:
    Acne products?? I’m still so confused. Within the same OB office I was told anything OTC is fine (which obviously isn’t true, retinol??). Another person said avoid salicylic acid. My Mayo Clinic book says salicylic is fine. So I haven’t been using anything with an active ingredient. I look like a hormonal teen again. Side note, I’ve struggled with hormonal acne since I was a teen. I’ve been on accutane twice. I was completely acne free and on a good regimen since summer. Goodbye clear skin! 😭

The women in my family used to always wear Christmas socks at our big family celebration. We haven’t done that in a few years though since my grandmother’s health has deteriorated. She used to always get a bunch of socks every year. 
  • @applegirl19 I've been having to unbutton as well!  The issue is I keep forgetting that I have unbuttoned and then I walk around with my pants making an awkward peak under my shirt.  I'm going to have to dig out my belly band from last time until my maternity pants will fit better, lol.

@thycapanj I had chin acne throughout my whole first pregnancy and for a few months PP as well.  Hopefully your skin won't be like mine!  So far, I'm in the clear this time...

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/6, 9w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Pick a small fruit, any small fruit

Upcoming Appointments: Had my fifth u/s this morning but the first one at my OB.  All looks good.  However, I have an endo appt on Thursday because my blood work last week showed my TSH is super low so they have to further evaluate what is going on with my thyroid and see if medication is necessary.

How are you feeling?:  Blah.  I felt better for a handful of days but nausea came back in full force yesterday.  Also just so, so tired.

Rants/Raves: Rant:  I am so behind on all things holiday related.  

Questions: Not really unless anyone has similar experience with low TSH (mine was .04 for the record), I'd be curious to hear what your endo did.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition?  My family always does a snowman sugar cookie decorating contest.  We all sit around with folders blocking the view of our cookies while we decorate and then do a big reveal.  We have done this for decades now and we get real creative and mildly inappropriate with these things.   :D 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    7-8-11 9w

cherry

Upcoming Appointments:
    tomorrow 12-5-18 first appt

How are you feeling?:
    meh. I was super sick all weekend, nauseous, vomiting, constipated, dizzy, headache, take a daily nap. Weak. I went to get Unisom, Tylenol, B6 and fiber gummies. Have been eating and drinking differently to attempt to promote a bowel movement. Last threw up Sunday. On Monday morning I had some pink spotting while at work and freaked out because I was also no longer nauseous. ***TMI***had a slight bowel movement in the morning and assumed it was from that. In the afternoon my stomach hurt a lot and went home and had terrible diarrhea with stomach aches and grumbles. Took a nap, and woke up no nausea, just super tired. My mind thinking the worst, and with sharp cramps on one side all night. Took a unisom to go to bed and woke up feeling better and no spotting but not as sick as I was. So I’m thinking the worse. Appointment is tomorrow. It was probably all the fiber I’ve been taking and I actually made myself feel better. I hope so. 

Rants/Raves: 
    so distracted at work I’m basically useless. I’m grumpy all the time now and stressed and always in a negative mindset. I play Christmas to feel festive and I hate all the songs. 

Questions: 

anyone else experience some pink spotting?

making cookies with the kids for Santa 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7/19

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry/Blackberry

Upcoming Appointments: None this week

How are you feeling?: Still tired but not as exhausted. I have a better handle on keeping the nausea at bay. 

Rants/Raves: My husband is originally from a different country. His mother is overly concerned about my safety and wellbeing right now (I am very thankful that she is caring - please don't misinterpret that). She's just going too far, and I need a little space. 

Also, none of my pants fit, and I am having trouble finding maternity options with longer inseams. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending time with family. 
  • @keebler6elf I need long inseams in all my pants and I lived in Gap maternity jeans/pants during my first pregnancy.  They have several options with long inseams.
  • @Panaceia I LOVE THAT!! "I love you all".. what a sweet hubby!

@Happyin14 My hair is awfully greasy too. I used to wash it every 3days, now after 1 day, it looks so dirty!

@gbud630 I literally feel like I'm gonna be nauseous for the rest of my life too!! Skirts and dresses is all I've been wearing until I have a bump to pull off some maternity pants.

@rgn12 You can go to any pharmacy and buy a package of Unisom and a package of B6 and ask your OB how you should dose each? Might worth looking into!

@ladysamora I hope you start feeling better soon. You'll have to update us after your appointment.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7/2/118-10 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 12/21 (u/s and testing)

How are you feeling?:  Nausea has kicked in a bit more, but still pretty inconsistent.  I am pretty tired too.   I am getting sick of the weeks of constant nasal congestion and sneezing.  

Rants/Raves:  My kids have all decided to switch rooms, so we have a lot to do now with furniture, painting, etc.   On the upside, I am a teacher and today we had an unexpected snow day!  I was super happy as I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a truck.

Questions:  Lots of people newly pregnant or announcing at work.  How do you handle it when everyone is talking about pregnancy and babies (for those who have not shared)?  

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Decorating Gingerbread houses, baking, putting up the Christmas tree, Christmas Eve pajamas 
  • @Sparty18 Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to take a look 
  • @mrscammack-Funny I am the opposite with skin.  I always broke out super bad with my boys when I was pregnant and hardly anything with my girls. 

@hellmanpartyof5 we were team green with my last pregnancy and will do the same with this one.  However, it is definitely going to be tougher, as I could find out gender at the end of this month and from a planning standpoint, that sounds pretty nice.  However, I did love the surprise of not knowing and DH definitely does not want to find out.  He actually did not know with our last two kids.  

• @xtinecatherine I guess it’s an old wives tale for a reason! 

Today we had the midwife appointment and she wasnt able to hear the HB on a Doppler but she said it’s still super early and I shouldn’t worry as it’s pretty normal not to be able to hear it this early. Still freaking out a little bit though but I’m trying to be hopeful, I have my 12w scan on 12/28 so I have to wait until then! 
  • @mrscammack they couldn't find DD's HR on the doppler until around 14 or maybe even 16 weeks. I remember them trying to find it for the first time the day before my NT scan at 12 weeks and them not being able to find anything and me freaking out. I vented to the us tech the next day and she said she wished they didn't try to use the doppler that early because it causes so much undue stress.
  • @keebler6elf I'm 6' tall and always found mat pants to be a nightmare. All I wear during pregnancy are maternity leggings. And if I need to be dressier I opt for dresses and skirts. I could never find any pants that were long enough. But my favourite pants were and still are Old Navy maternity leggings.
  • @xtinecatherine I join in whenever I have something to add but usually make comments with respect to my pregnancy with DD. When I was pregnant with my first there were 5 other people pregnant at the same time as me and I still managed to talk pregnancy without giving myself away:) That being said I'm not hiding the fact that I'm pregnant, I'm just not sharing it. So if someone came out and asked me I'd tell them the truth.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD is 7/7/18, I’m 9w2d today

Baby is the size of a(n): olive or cherry 

Upcoming Appointments: on Thursday we have a sonogram at 9w4d which will be my graduation to a regular OB/midwives from my fertility clinic. I’m incredibly nervous and anxious. We’ve seen and heard the HB twice but after 10 years TTC and MC, I’m so terrified it’s going to be gone

How are you feeling?: super anxious and stressed but otherwise good. I’m one of the rare ones so far that hasn’t had a nip of morning sickness or sore boobs or anything. I basically feel normal except for feeling tired. I’ve been on PIO and estrogen off and on for a year and pumping my body full of hormones for years so I sometimes wonder if my body is just used to weird hormones starting and stopping randomly so it no longer affects me. Who knows! 

Rants/Raves: I think weekly sonograms should be mandatory just to keep our peace of mind hahah :) 

Questions:  is anyone else doing/done the NIPT test and do you know if your insurance is covering it? I want to get it done and will probably pay, no matter what 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Just being with family! 
  • @mrscammack, my first pregnancy I had that healthy glow and my skin was really good! Maybe one small breakout in the very early first trimester and clear the rest of the way. Ironically enough I had a boy! This time around my skin is horrible and painful, and my hair is super greasy and limp..... we shall see😊