TTC After a Loss

November Randoms

124»

Re: November Randoms

• @40momma that’s always what my RE said is that we just keep trying and hopefully we will find a good egg.   I will also be thinking of you.   Not that anytime is a great time for theses kind of anniversaries but I have been especially weepy these days thinking about this one and what would be and also how it sucks that so many of us multiple anniversaries. It’s just not fair 
  • @Mack2342 I'm sorry this is a hard time of year for you.  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you all so much for the kind words and commiseration. 

I have been a bit MIA because it turns out there is yet another potential problem and i needed to process. My periods have been scant since D&C so having a hysteroscopy done to check for scarring in a couple weeks. Has anyone had one? If there was scarring was it treatable? I’ve been googling Ashermans and am sufficiently horrified. 
  • @obsessedwithoranges I’m so sorry there is another obstacle for you. I had a hysteroscopy and it was pretty easy. They put me to sleep and it was super quick and I woke up feeling just fine. However, they didn’t find anything out of the ordinary for me so they didn’t need to take any extra steps. FX that yours is straightforward and quick as well! 
  • @char245 were you feeling fine shortly after? I’m nervous because I am set to take a ten hour flight 2 days after the procedure. Wondering if I should push it a month or if it should be ok. I guess it probably depends on if they find anything.
  • *lurking*

@obsessedwithoranges I’ve had 3 hysteroscopies.  The first two were exploratory to check for scar tissue and were quick and relatively painless and didn’t require any recovery time (just no sex for a few days). I was awake and only took ibuprofen before hand. You should be fine to take a flight 2 days later. The third was a surgical hysteroscopy (because scar tissue was found during the 2nd one). For that one I was put under anesthesia since they were cutting out scar tissue. I was pretty uncomfortable the day of surgery and had to have a balloon catheter in my uterus for a week, so a long flight could be uncomfortable if they plan to do surgery.

I also went down the rabbit hole of reading about Asherman’s and it can sound really scary so I recommend staying off google until you know more (easier said than done I know). Feel free to PM me with any questions :) 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 thanks so much for your response!! Really helpful as I just have no idea what to expect. This is going to be a general anesthesia hysteroscopy, and my flight is for a week long trip to Europe so I’m thinking it may be best to push to January, just in case they need to put in the balloon catheter or anything. Will call my dr tomorrow to see what he thinks too. 

Were they able to get your scar tissue? I definitely need to stop googling, it’s awful haha! Also, were you cleared to ttc shortly after or did you have to wait a bit? 
  • @obsessedwithoranges in my case the scar tissue was limited to my cervix (it was blocking the opening) but I got lucky that there was none inside my uterus.  They didn't know what they would find going in because at the exploratory hysteroscopy my cervix was too blocked to get the camera in. Thankfully they were able to remove it and I was put on a 28 day course of estrogen to aggressively build up my lining after surgery to prevent the scar tissue from growing back.  As far as TTC- I was supposed to take the estrogen and then start Provera to induce a period, then wait for a real cycle before TTC so you may be benched for a couple months afterwards.  If they end up not needing to remove anything I would think you would be cleared to conceive that cycle.  In my case the estrogen did not prevent ovulation like it should have and I ended up having a period while on it so my doctor told me to stop taking it.  *TW*
    we decided to TTC the next cycle and I ended up getting pregnant and am currently 7 weeks. Without the surgery I likely would not have been able to get pregnant since sperm could not have gotten in. 

I was terrified that there had been irreparable damage to my lining because an u/s 11 weeks after my D&C showed my lining looked really thin, so I understand your fears.   Are they doing anesthesia with you because they just want to take care of everything in one procedure in case they find something?  I hope everything goes well with your surgery and there is little or no scar tissue.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @obsessedwithoranges I was feeling fine that day but that’s most likely because they didn’t find anything. I agree you might want to push your trip based off what @coco2787 said, it might be more involved depending on what they find.
  • @coco2787 The dr saw something on the ultrasound which made him go straight for an operative hysteroscopy I guess. He made it sound like possibly my uterine walls are stuck together. I am 6 months post D/C and my periods are like one day long. I’ve always had light periods but they’ve been unusually light. Thanks so much for all the info. I’m going to try to just not worry about it until the surgery, if I can. 

@char245 I’ve left a message w the dr re possibly rescheduling. Unfortunately I can’t change my trip so I’d just have to wait till January for the surgery. More waiting!!!! Thanks again for all your answers. It is so nice to hear from others who’ve gone through these things.