July 2019 Moms

Need to VENT...I need some advice

I am only 8 weeks pregnant and my mom is the only person that knows im pregnant. So my parents went to our church Christmas dinner Saturday night. My parents were sitting with a family friend at a table and this "friend" says, "oh I hear your daughter is pregnant!" Mind you, I haven't even told my dad and she openly asks that in front of him. My mom looked at her shocked and asked where she heard that. She said she noticed I pinned a few things on Pinteret and made the assumption. My mom pulled her aside and told her not to say anything. You guys, I'm so hurt I couldn't be the one to give my dad the news. I haven't talked to him yet, what do I do? What do I say to him? I'm balling knowing I couldn't be the one to share the news...

Re: Need to VENT...I need some advice

• Just call him now. Explain how it was unfair to both of you. Not your fault. And then have a moment to celebrate. He will be fine.

Also, make the Pinterest board private right now. I’ll bet she’s not the only one who noticed your recent pins. 
  • Ditto on what @Happyin14 said. Do something special with your dad, and lock down all your pinterest boards.

What a nosy Nancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness. I feel like if they haven’t told you personally or it’s not announced on social media, people should keep their mouths SHUT. wow!! 
  • I experienced something similar when A pregnant friend of mine noticed some pics posted on the bump and realized my sister was pregnant (she hadn’t told anyone yet). The friend told me about it.  I acted shocked when my sister announced, but told her later that I’d known. She was annoyed, but I understood it was just too early for her to tell “real” people. I’m positive your dad will understand as well. Sorry your family friend lacks any tact 😔👎
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • I'm so sorry. It will still be special hearing it from his daughter, I promise. And while this hurts, there are so many more special moments you will get to share throughout this pregnancy - you still get to tell him if it's a boy or girl!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’ve totally been that person making that assumption. I also started creating baby boards way before we even discussed trying for a baby so I know it goes either way