2nd Trimester
Options

Constant pelvic pain and pressure?

This is my 3rd baby. I hadn't experienced pelvic bone/girdle pain with the previous two until the last month of pregnancy. This time around, however, it started in my 5th month and now it's almost always constant when I'm standing or walking at all (27 weeks). I am curious what others have experienced and if I should be concerned? My doc told me it can be normal. But it's got me a bit freaked out. I'm talking about stabbing pain in front side of my pelvic bone as well as strong pressure/pain sensation inside my vagina/cervix. I wonder if baby's bigger or her position? To note, my previous babies were with my ex-husband (does father make a difference?) and I was also a stay at home mother in those days. I have an active job with this pregnancy where I'm constantly moving for hours. Me thinking out loud. I wonder what causes this difference. Comment your experiences w pelvic pain?!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Constant pelvic pain and pressure?

• Options
    kelslynie said:
    This is my 3rd baby. I hadn't experienced pelvic bone/girdle pain with the previous two until the last month of pregnancy. This time around, however, it started in my 5th month and now it's almost always constant when I'm standing or walking at all (27 weeks). I am curious what others have experienced and if I should be concerned? My doc told me it can be normal. But it's got me a bit freaked out. I'm talking about stabbing pain in front side of my pelvic bone as well as strong pressure/pain sensation inside my vagina/cervix. I wonder if baby's bigger or her position? To note, my previous babies were with my ex-husband (does father make a difference?) and I was also a stay at home mother in those days. I have an active job with this pregnancy where I'm constantly moving for hours. Me thinking out loud. I wonder what causes this difference. Comment your experiences w pelvic pain?!
    Your doctor said it can be normal, trust him! It's probably the way baby is positioned.

Pregnancy is not always comfortable, your job doesn't dictate where baby is positioned, neither does who fathered the baby.  
  • Options
    You're probably experiencing symphysis pubis dysfunction.  Your ligaments get loose (and especially being baby #3 your body knows what's coming and what it needs to do) and unfortunately that can cause a lot of pain and discomfort.  Not a lot you can do about it.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker