Options

Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 11/26

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? 

Re: Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 11/26

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD July 19 / 6w + 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate chip! 

Upcoming Appointments: Maybe this week, I had a minor freak out last week because of the night time cramping (which was probably just gas) and sent a message to my midwives on Thanksgiving about the progesterone suppositories. Now they want me to come in for an earlier visit if possible. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling OK. Nausea really isn't too bad yet, just enough to make me feel gross and not want to do much every day. The worst part for me being hungry all the time, I want to be more active but I also don't want to spin off into a hypoglycemic episode. 

Rants/Raves: So glad DS is going back to school today. It was nice not having to do much last week but I need some routine back in my day. 

Questions: Anyone with nausea and hunger pangs having success exercising? 

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? I need to get MH his big Xmas present today but otherwise, I ended up splurging on cloth diapers. Nicki's Diapers was having a huge sale + bulk discount on Grovia O.N.E, where it was massively cheaper than anywhere else. I swore I wouldn't start buying stuff this early but the savings is so worth it. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20th/ 6 weeks + 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming Appointments: First appointment Dec 11th

How are you feeling?: Waves of mild nausea here and there, fatigued towards the end of the day.

Rants/Raves: We told our parents and siblings on Thanksgiving. Even though it was really early and we haven't been the doctor I'm glad we did it. Everyone is excited and happy for us. Rants: Feeling more nauseous at work today. Hoping it subsides as it's my long day at work.

Questions: I emailed by OB about getting highlights. I'm scheduled for a hair appointment next Friday and unsure if highlights are okay. Thoughts? I've seen both yes and no online.

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? Got a comfy loungewear sweatshirt at the gym and a tanktop I need for a bach. party in January. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jessg2223 I just read this TB article on that: https://www.thebump.com/a/can-i-color-my-hair-while-pregnant

When I was pregnant with my son, I waited until 2nd or 3rd trimester and got all over highlights. The smell was pretty overwhelming.  
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 22nd, 6 weeks (after my ultrasound on Saturday, my baby was 5 days younger than we thought! )

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments:
    We had our first doctors appointment on Friday, and did blood and urine test (urine was positive, blood test pending) . We convinced the doctor to let us do an early ultrasound because of our previous MC, so did it on Saturday! And we saw our little blob :) and heard a heart beat, which was crazy as a first time mum. My husband couldn't believe I had a second heart beat inside me haha. But yep we thought we were 6 weeks 3 days, but baby measured 5 weeks 5 days, so she couldn't get a very clear picture and couldn't measure the heart beat. 

How are you feeling?: I'm good, I guess it makes sense maybe that iI didn' have a lot of symptoms. Still tired and have constipation, and some cramping. Also suffering from a sore throat today. 

Rants/Raves: 
    No rants or raves this week. Just excited to keep moving forward

Questions: is it ok to take acetaminophen ? Should I avoid it as much as possible?

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? Nothung, i really wanted to but I think clothing sales will be better in boxing day. And will be a month more further along. Eeeeek. I have been looking at house stuff to buy though.
  • Options
    @thebabynumberone I took acetaminophen sparingly when I was pregnant last time. It's supposedly fine, but as a precaution I would just take 1 pill and only once per day for a headache. I think you are allowed to take normal dosages though. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17 / 6 weeks + 6 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee 

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound on 12/6

How are you feeling?: lots of nausea and I feel exhausted most of the time 

Rants/Raves: my husband has been wonderfully supportive while we’ve been visiting his family over the holiday 

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? We held off on buying anything for now and will probably target post-Christmas sales. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7/21, 6w 1d

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow! 

How are you feeling?: symptoms are starting to ramp up. Right now just super sensitive nipples and strong food aversions. I can't really think of anything to eat for lunch today. 

Rants/Raves: I hate this part of pregnancy. I love eating, and it really sucks to feel so turned off by food. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of?  I got a Barbie camper for DD1 on Target this morning! I am glad I waited because it's a lower price than Friday! 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    @mamanbebe Thanks, I read that article too...I haven't really had any smell aversions yet and I'm way overdue for highlights so I guess I'm just hoping she will say highlights are fine as long as its well ventilated and I can get them done before the holidays. If not I'll survive until mid January...it's a good problem to have!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Going with July 22nd for now so 6w

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip

Upcoming Appointments: I got blood work done last Wed and Fri and levels were great! I was supposed to have a repeat ultrasound this week but they can't get me in until next Tuesday. Wish it were sooner, but on the bright side they should be able to see more next week!

How are you feeling?: Symptoms have really taken off. I'm incredibly exhausted and really hungry but nothing sounds good. I threw up once this weekend. I'm still breastfeeding and my nips are starting to be sensitive while nursing now too. Oh and busted out the maternity pants because the bloat is extremely real!!!

Rants/Raves: My MIL asked my hubby if I was pregnant this weekend when she was here to visit. We aren't telling quite yet so DH said no, but now when we tell her she's just going to say "I knew it" so I'm kind of annoyed. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? Mostly clothes for my kids that they needed. Anyone get anything good for their spouse?!
  • Options
    @thebabynumberoneacetaminophen is safe to take... I took it at times in both of my other pregnancies such as for a bad headache or fever.
    @mamanbebe I used to have a huge grovia stash! I went wild when pregnant with my first but ended up only using them part time for 6 or 7 months. I didn't use them at all with my second so I sold them all! Trying to sell my last couple now actually because with potentially three kids in diapers there's no way I'll use them haha! I wanted to love them but I hate doing laundry too much.
  • Options
    @mamanbebe are you on suppositories now? I'm sorry about the cramping hopefully it was just gas.  

@jessg2223 That's so exciting that you told your family and they are so supportive!

@thebabynumberone that's great that you were able to get in and have the ultrasound.  I agree with @mamanbebe I was told it was fine to take the normal dosage.  But it literally does nothing for me besides making me puke, so i just stopped taking it. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/18 6w 4 d

Baby is the size of a(n):sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: had my first u/s today! we didn't hear the HB but it was 118 which she said is perfect (sounds low, but i asked specifically and she said it's perfect) baby is measuring exactly on track (which is good since i did IVF i know i didn't miscalculate)

How are you feeling?: waves of nausea today and overall "yuckiness" but it's doable. 

Rants/Raves: MH is just so cute about everything--he's not sentimental or overly loving but he's been so great about this whole process.  It just makes me excited for the future.

Questions: anyone else's BO increased? I was wearing a natural antipersperant but i think i'm going to go back to something stronger...i swear i smell myself all the time. It might be just sensitive to smell, but i thought i'd ask.

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? nothing yet.
  • Options
    @ccmama3 Which kind did you have? How did you like them? I tried to do cloth with DS but with prefolds, snappis and covers.. what a disaster! I switched to Naty biodegradable diapers instead because DS was a skinny mini. So nothing else would fit right or hold in wetness. FX for a little baby tubbo in July. 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales Yes, 100mg nightly. My progesterone was on the very low end of normal, so my fertility naturopath took the precaution. However, my midwives are hesitant to take me off of them because it can be dangerous to suddenly stop. I've been doing peppermint tea and gas-x for a few days now and able to sleep more soundly, so here's to hoping it was just another case of slowed digestion. 

On BO.. not yet but in the past, yes. When pregnant with DS I got BO, my hair got greasier, and I was more prone to body acne. Yay hormones! 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe I used the hybrids! I liked them as far as absorbency and fit! Cloth diapering in general was just not for me! We use honest company disposables most of the time now. A little girl I used to babysit did the prefolds/covers/snappis. I would not have wanted to do that option at all!!! Lol! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th / 6W 5D

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound on Dec 8th. Super excited and nervous! I had a regular Q/A doc visit last week which went well. 

How are you feeling?: Nausea has set in, pretty much all day, but luckily I haven't thrown up yet! Work is a struggle at the moment. Oh and did I mention all I do is eat, work, sleep and repeat?? Hahaha. 

Rants/Raves: Not really :) 

Questions: Not at the moment. 

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? Absolutely nothing! I'm holding off on getting stuff until I'm out of the 1st trimester. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17/ 6 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee

Upcoming Appointments: first consult and ultrasound on friday! Im super excited 

How are you feeling?: nauseous, started vomiting Sunday, gassy and bloated 

Rants/Raves: none

Questions: what are you doing to help with the nausea?? I had been using peppermint lifesavers earlier in my pregnancy and it helped,but now its so much stronger and not helping.

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? Bought a nana bracelet for my mom, we are announcing on Christmas 
  • Options
    @blackrosevamp I really recommend lemon water to help with nausea - maybe even lemon seltzer water (which I hate seltzer, but ginger ale isn't cutting it for me anymore). 

@thebabynumberone Also think it's okay to take Tylenol. I had to take some yesterday, and my hubby looked at the bottle, I think it said no more than 3000mg a day?

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5w6d | July 24th

Baby is the size of a(n): Black Peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: U/S on Dec 14th

How are you feeling?: Miserable. On top of the stomach bug stuff yesterday, I was bloating. Which I'm not even sure how, I wasn't keeping anything down! So the bath nastiness + gas + stomach cramps, and I'm still barely able to walk. No appetite. Lost 4 lbs. My last pregnancy wasn't easy - lots of illness and a misaligned hip, and I'm worried this is an indicator of how this one will go.

Rants/Raves: Hubby has been AWESOME taking care of me these last two days, bless him. 

Questions: How early do you plan to start wearing maternity clothes? I'm about 10 lbs up from where I weighed last pregnancy, and don't really have clothes to go "up" to prior to changing to maternity clothes. 

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? Ran my phone through the washing machine on Tgiving. YIKES. But that meant I was able to get the new Pixel 3 I wanted (was gonna buy in like Feb/Mar if my phone lasted that long) for half off!
  • Options
    @foodislove I've already brought out the maternity pants! By the end of the day I'm busting out of my regular pants like a can of biscuits! The bloat is so so real. You can always buy a bellaband to use with your regular pants for now. It goes over the waist band so you don't have to keep your pants buckled. 
  • Options
    @ccmama3 @foodislove Comfort is key! Last pregnancy, I wore my bigger jeans for about 3 months and then switched over to maternity leggings. This time.. my maternity leggings arrive tomorrow :) 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe yesss! No regrets!! Maternity clothes are life.
  • Options
    @ccmama3 @mamanbebe So relieved, you ladies make me feel muuuuch better. I need to dig out my old clothes and contact a friend who borrowed some maternity clothes from me.
  • Options
    I used some anti itch cream on my PIO bumps on my bum last night then i looked and of course it says ask doctor before use when pregnant.  :open_mouth:  :#  It has camphor in it which i guess has shown to go through placenta so it could be toxic so then i went and scrubbed my bum.  I need to really do a better job of looking at all things going on or in my body.  

@mamanbebe i think you mentioned before but where do you get your maternity leggings from? 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales I got mine from Destination Maternity -- they have the same leggings as A Pea in the Pod and Motherhood Mat but the prices were cheaper when I ordered. I really like their french terry lined leggings. I had two pair last pregnancy and they are sooo comfortable but warm enough to wear during the winter. They definitely lasted through the pregnancy and I wore them as lounge pants postpartum until they wore out:

https://www.destinationmaternity.com/secret-fit-belly-french-terry-maternity-leggings/006-90064-000-001.html
  • Options
    July 20 / 6 weeks 3 days 

Blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments:
    First appointment moved back from dec 8 to 21. I’ll be 10 weeks. Kinda anxious that my first appointment seems so late. 

How are you feeling?:
    Mainly good, bloating, bouts of mild nausea, fatigue and in bed by 8pm. 

Rants/Raves: 
    It’s getting real cold here!!! 

Questions: 
    none

Gap 60% off maternity leggings, workout top and sweater. Clothes and a pair of shoes for my 2 year old. New winter parka... cuz it’s SO COLD!!
  • Options
    @canuckmomma I’m right there with you. I had an appointment yesterday but no ultrasound for 3-4 weeks. It’s hard to not be anxious when everyone else is going in so early. 

• Options
    canuckmommacanuckmomma member
    edited November 2018
    @mamanbebe... I don’t even think I’ll get an US at first appointment. Usually first one here is 20 week anatomy scan. Unless of course there’s complications or high risk pregnancy. Last time we hired a private company to see baby at 15 weeks. May do that again. 

Edited to add- I just can’t wait to hear the little heart beat! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 12/13 

How are you feeling?: yesterday was the first day in a week that I’ve only thrown up once. Hoping this unisom keeps helping. 

Rants/Raves: nothing is getting done around the house because I can’t. My husband just likes to complain that it’s a mess but doesn’t do anything about it. 

Questions: no questions! 

I accidentally bought a lot of bows? For what? I’m not sure. I have 2 boys. If I don’t have a girl this time, I’ll be giving them to my SIL who will be having my niece on the 17th! 
  • Options
    Hello Everyone! First time mama here. Basically terrified as this wasn’t planned but I’m so happy with my decision to have this baby and I’m truly blessed to have an amazing boyfriend who is so excited!! So here’s me;

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21st //6w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a Reese’s cup (which is ironic because I’m allergic to peanuts) 

Upcoming Appointments: December 10th, 8w AUS (two days before my 27th birthday)

How are you feeling?: Fat. Sleepy. Hungry (and then VERY NOT hungry). Anxious. Excited. 

Rants/Raves: I’m basically obsessed with Polar seltzer right now. The Ginger Lime Mule is a holiday special and I made my boyfriend buy like 20 at Wegmans. It settles my stomach and tastes so good. 

Questions: How the hell am I going to tell my mother that my boyfriend and I are pregnant? She was not supportive of us moving in together, isn’t speaking to us for an unrelated reason and is very focused of me building my budding career, not a family. AH!

GTKY: What Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals did you take advantage of? I bought my boyfriend a GoPro so he can take videos of the babies birth! 
  • Options
    Jul 20, 2019 7w2d today! (yaaay!)

Blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments:
    Follow-up check-up after 2 weeks because I had subchrionic bleeding as per ultrasound last saturday. 

How are you feeling?:
    Generally lazy!! I just want to sleep and eat a the time. 😂

Rants/Raves: 
    OB told me that I gained weight too fast! How can I stop eating? 😆
    I do not want to work anymore! Haha! I just want to sleep at all!

Questions:
    None so far. 

GTKY: 
    No black friday sale here in the Philippines!  Haha!