July 2019 Moms

Appointments Week of 12/3

What’s on the schedule for this week!? Do you have any questions before your visit? Make sure and update us with how everything went! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Appointments Week of 12/3

• I have my first appointment on Tuesday morning, and I will be 8w2d. For some reason I picked the 10th of October as my LMP when it was written on my calendar as the 8th, so I am two days farther along than I thought- putting my new EDD at July 15! We will see what the real date is on Tuesday though! This is my DH and my first, so we are nervous but so very excited!
  • First appointment is Tuesday morning at my PCP office. Wasn’t sure where to start so starting there. Also want a flu shot if she’ll give me one. Not sure what she will be able to do as far as pregnancy goes. I’m nervous, first pregnancy & don’t know what to expect.
    Will be asking about when I should start seeing an OB & if she can determine a EDD (think I’m between 5-7 weeks & want a confirmation either way). Anything else I should ask? Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • @1stbabe719 I've never heard of seeing PCP before an OB. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you didn't just go directly to an OB?
  • @Bear14+ basically because I didn’t know where else to start seeing someone for pregnancy. Honestly I know I can be naive, is it wrong to start there? I don’t have an OB already so I didn’t know where to go, just knew I needed to start seeing a Dr somewhere. 
  • First appointment is Wednesday and I’ll be 8w 4d. Ultrasound and then I’ll see my OB after that. Should be pretty routine, excited to see our bug! 

@1stbabe719 I don’t think your PCP will be able to help you with dating the pregnancy. If you’re unsure of your dates, only an ultrasound will be able to help with that. I would ask for an OB recommendation though, and go from there! Good luck!!
  • Went off BP meds when I got confirmation of the pregnancy, so I have a BP check Monday. Hopefully I can stay off them while pregnant. 

US isn't scheduled until 12/20. So I'll be waiting for a while yet.
  • Another blood draw tomorrow and if numbers are at what they want a dating u/s this week! Third pregnancy so no questions, but would love to see an u/s and get dating confirmed. 
  • @nolemomma14 ok, that makes sense. Well hope I can still have a flu shot. Wanted one anyway & now I’m scared of getting really sick. Ugh, feeling super silly for not just calling around for an OB now. 
  • I have my first midwife appointment on Tuesday, 12/4, I originally thought I was due July 1st so I should have been 10 weeks for this appointment but my dating ultrasound adjusted my due date to July 7th so I’ll only be 9w+2d, but I’m hoping they do a Doppler and we can hear the heartbeat. I haven’t had many symptoms the last 2 days but I did have some cramping on Friday and Saturday morning so I’m just anxious to hear everything is okay with the baby. 
  • @1stbabe719 Don't feel silly. I went to my PCP first too. I mostly see a PA or APRN and love them both. Turns out, in my small community, the docs they work under deliver babies. I could go to an OB, but I'm seriously thinking of sticking with who I know. I've been told the OB office will just refer to my docs if there is something wrong anyway. You might hear the same thing tomorrow!
  • @cindler that makes me feel better! Yes I live in a small country town too. My PCP is a 30 min drive away & the hospital I’d probably deliver at is an hour away. This wasn’t a planned pregnancy, totally unexpected. So it’s not like I had a plan of what to do already. Was worried I had already messed up my baby! 
  • I have my follow up dating ultrasound on Tuesday! The first one was too early so they couldn't see baby quite yet. Praying for a positive scan and to get an official due date!
  • @1stbabe719 gotcha! I would take a few minutes to look at what OB's are in network for your insurance too... that way you can put them in a google search and do a little research. I agree though, PCP probably won't be a ton of help, but you never know?? 
  • 2nd weekly ultrasound on Wednesday afternoon.  Just as nervous for this one as I was for the first, the relief from a good ultrasound really only lasts a few hours for me.  PGAL is a real bitch.    
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Morning ladies! First appt and us is today. I'm excited and nervous. 
  • My initial appointment is Tuesday morning too. I heard this is a 15-20 minute Q&A appointment, so I'm not sure if my doctor will examine me in any way. DH will be there too. Excited but still nervous! :#

Good luck today @asupernovablizzardstorm
  • Hi guys! My first maternity appointment is tomorrow 12/4. I will be 8w5d. I think this is mostly an introductory appointment, bloodwork, urine, etc. I was told there will not be an ultrasound. I’m hoping they do the Doppler so I can get some confirmation? I feel like my symptoms have subsided quite a but which has me nervous for the appointment tomorrow. 
  • @bzcuddy it’s extremely difficult to find the HB that early on the Doppler, it’s pretty unlikely they’ll attempt it at your appointment. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @cindler FX for you! I had HBP before I got pregnant. 1st and 2nd tri were great, BP was below where it should be, and then I was rear-ended and my BP skyrocketed at 34 weeks, I had DD at 37+2. I’m sure your OB will be able to give you something or at least advise you on what to do if BP does start increasing. 
  • @hestia14 @ccmama3 thanks ladies! Everything went great and on schedule, same due date. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 I can see how a car accident at 34 weeks would send your BP soaring! Check today was good and nurse was positive, so we're rolling with it, but it'll be monitored throughout the pregnancy given my hx.
  • My first appointment is the 6th! Anxiously awaiting hearing from the dr about our little babe ❤️ SO won’t be able to be there and I’m having a hard time coping with that  :/

@asupernovablizzardstorm glad everything went well! 
  • @coco2787 PGAL is most definitely a bitch. I have my third weekly scan this week on Thursday. Saw a beautiful flicker last week but I’ve been having these horrible dreams that keep me thinking the worst. Praying you have a great ultrasound.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Good luck today ladies! 
  • Had my first apt today and got to see the little bean on a mini handheld US. A nice surprise! Couldn’t hear the heartbeat yet but could see it flickering and the rate looked good! Going to try to relax now 😂 Hoping everyone has amazing news this week! Waiting is so stressful! 
  • Thinking of you @coco2787 ! Praying for a great appointment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• thank you @leendenny!  

I'm sorry you've been having bad dreams, those are really the worst.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Cross-posting from my Group 3 update: I got a surprise ultrasound at my initial appointment yesterday. :) When I made the appointment, the receptionist said it was just going to be Q&A and I could bring DH "if I wanted," but right before my OB came in, her assistant said my OB would do an ultrasound to confirm a heartbeat. I didn't actually hear it, but I saw baby's chest fluttering on the screen <3 such a surreal moment for me and DH.
    I was terrified I'd have another fibroid inside me, but my OB didn't see one, at least not one close to the sac. She explained I'll have another ultrasound around 20W where they will measure the thickness of my myomectomy scars, which they'll use as a guide to determine my c-section date. If they're really thin, they might take me as early as 35W, but if they're thick, it will be 37W or later. I told her my mom had a myomectomy too (with a much larger fibroid) and got pregnant with me six months later, then carried me to 40W and was fine. Hoping for a similar outcome :)
  • I had my follow up dating scan last evening and everything looked great! Got to see our little nugget wiggling with a heart rate of 144! And officially due July 23rd, right on track with when I thought I ovulated (way late in my cycle) It's still just as amazing the 3rd time around :love: 
  • Had our first appointment today and everything looked great! Baby measured right on track at 8w 4d, leaving our due date at July 13th. I’ll be doing a glucose test at 16 weeks and again at 28 weeks, and be monitored throughout the pregnancy for high fluid levels, since it became an issue with my second, and led to an induction. Excited to have that first appointment behind us! 
  • First ultrasound yesterday. Bean was measuring 4 days ahead and had a heartbeat of 174! Didn’t get to hear the heartbeat but we saw the little heart beating on the screen :)

Not sure if I should stick to that measurement (that would mean I’m 9w today and not 8w 3d)? Anyone experienced this before?