Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 11/26

13»

Re: TFAS w/o 11/26

• Omg oh no @MotherofDragons  that is a horrible story! I would do the same thing just because I hate DNF or DNS, and you’re right Disney is hella $$.

I puked at the end of my fifth marathon in front of a lot of people at the after party thing, but I think one of my gels didn’t agree with me that day, and I had been extra upset because it wasn’t shaping up to be the PR I wanted. 
  • @creamcheeseplease I feel like I'd rather vomit than finish last like I do. Not that I've ever run a marathon, but anything over a 5k (the longest I've run was a half) puts me as one of the last people to finish and it makes me angry every single time.
  • Loading the player...
  • @riff323 I understand, it can be difficult to be one of the last. I’m not fast at all myself. One of the things I hate the most are the faster runners jogging back along the course telling me good job or almost there or whatever. Anyway we’re out there and that’s what counts! Also I really liked watching the last finishers of the NYC marathon this year, it was really inspiring. 
  • @creamcheeseplease I know what you mean about the other runners - like, don't patronize me!!! Hahaha! I think my biggest challenge as a slower runner is telling someone I'm slow, and then having them reply, "Me too. I only run a 9-minute mile!" Umm... that's not slow. I'd be thrilled to run a 9-minute mile, especially for a sustained pace! It's hard not to compare yourself.
  • @creamcheeseplease @riff323 seriously! They do that? How obnoxious! It's like "Hey I know you're dying trying to finish this race but I just wanted to let you know I finished and now I'm nicely trying to rub it in to make myself feel more important". That's exactly how'd I'd see it. 
  • @creamcheeseplease and @riff323 They did an article on the last finishers of four different major marathons. It was good and made me cry. I wish I could remember where I read it. And I always tell myself and my run friends (of all varying paces and speeds) that we all cover the same mileage in the end.