Infertility

November 2018 IUI

Re: November 2018 IUI

• @31magnolia yes that first month I had a ton of swings! The second month we knew a bit better what to expect so it was a bit better. This month it’s been my period that had made me want to cry at everything and that’s not normal. 

I told them today today this is the last month and asked about the spotting and they were going to talk and get back to me so we will see what they say. I’m just glad I spoke up either way. 
  • I’m so sorry for all of you who got BFN this month. This sucks. It’s so interesting to hear about how other REs do things. My RE doesn’t even do my IUI. And the lady we had last time said we don’t need to stay laying down for any amount of time after the injection of the sperm. And when I asked if I could lay there anyways she said NO! because they were so busy with back to back appointments… There was no one in the waiting room when we left. They also have no preference on full or empty bladder. I’ve never heard of splitting up the sperm into 2 different groups like @31magnolia said. Did your RE give any statistics on better outcomes from doing it this way?

@mooret1118 Your feelings are completely valid. I know I will be feeling the same way when I get there. We’re only planning on doing IUIs too so once we’re done… we’re done. Feel free to PM me any time.

So a couple things I need to vent about. I decided to tell my boss that I’m going through something medical but I’m not ready to talk about it yet. This way I can more easily come into work late and then just stay late and not have to take sick leave. Well now I’m pretty sure he thinks I’m dying… and I have no idea how to convey that I’m not unless I bring up the subject again. I was so nervous to do it the first place, I don’t think I could do it again. I’m also thinking about just telling him the truth. I really don’t think he would have a problem with it, but I also don’t want to be treated differently. But I kinda feel like I already am at this point.

So I had my baseline appointment today and things don’t look promising. I have a 31mm cyst and a couple smaller ones on my left ovary. I think they came from the same ovary that I ovulated with last cycle. My BSC self is now wondering if I even released an egg or not and that’s what caused them. But of course I know that they are extremely common, especially when taking clomid, and that I did more than likely release an egg but I can't help it. Anyways, they didn’t automatically cancel my cycle yet. They want to check my estrogen levels first. So I’ll be waiting by the phone all day today. Has anyone else had a cyst but continued on with their cycle anyways? 31 seems pretty big but maybe not?

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @31magnolia Yeah the first week goes by really quickly, but the second definitely drags! Especially at the end lol

Glad you are starting to feel better though!!! ^^ I find this whole process to be very emotional but I am not on those medications so I'm not 100% sure about if they specifically cause mood swings... But just about everything we take for fertility does so I wouldn't be surprised! LOL

@LJMoon6 I don't know if it helps at all but I did tell my boss what was going on with me. Of course I don't exactly know your working situation or boss so I can only tell you what the result was for me. They were super understanding, it helped that he had almost been in my situation at one point so he was pretty sympathetic to it. I'm always apologizing for disrupting the schedule but he is always like "Well, it's medical so you have to do it!" 

Anywho, do whatever feels like the right thing for you. I know that it might be a little awkward to let your boss know about it, but it might help. It seems like it is already awkward because he thinks you are gravely ill lol

As for me, I started testing even though I am a bit early.... ((TW in spoiler))
    I tested last night and this morning and It was BFP! Trying to not get super excited because last one ended in a CP. I'm trying to keep a healthy mix of excitement and realisticness!

History: *TW Loss*

Me: 31

DH: 27

D/X: Unexplained Infertility- Unexplained Recurrent Loss

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

Feb IUI- Loss @ 7 weeks... Euploid Male

May IUI: TBD

• @LJMoon6 a lot of things for you! First I have decided that this is my show too so I need to speak up at the dr vs just going with what they say, when you schedule your next iui I would ask the front to give you an extra 20 min on your room time because you would like to lay down for a bit after. 

When it comes to your boss especially being a man he probably won’t ask a million questions, I had to tell mine because my journey started with surgery, I just said I have to have surgery I need this time off and when I come back I’m going to be starting fertility treatments so I will have a lot of dr appointments but will schedule them to miss as little time as possible (I don’t have the make up time option and I’m really low on time off). My boss said okay just let me know what you need and that was that. I also feel like it has helped because if I’m having an off day they aren’t as worried if I’m acting weird. 

the last thing is I had a cyst for the first two cycles but my levels were fine so we proceeded. That one is gone and this month o have one on my other size but it was only an 18 so they said they are fine proceeding but I had the exact same thought of was that one of my folicals that didn’t do anything last month?? 
  • @mooret1118 I think you definitely have to speak up! I think some doctors, not all, are just used to doing things a certain way and unless you question the process nothing changes or it changes very slowly.   

@LJMoon6 - I’ll have to ask her why she does a team A (in uterus) and Team B (on cervix). I think they told me me but my mind was all over the place, so I don’t remember. 

My RE also didn’t do the IUI. The nurse did. The RE came up with the plan and did my initial exam but I actually haven’t seen her since then. I’ve been working with the RN. I have my next appointment with the RE to discuss a plan if this cycle isn’t successful and answer any questions I have. I assumed it was done this way because my insurance is covering nothing and I’m paying all out of pocket. I’m sure it would be a lot more expensive to meet with the RE everytime. The RN is really responsive and can get with the doctor right away, so I’ve been ok with this protocol. 
  • Hello ladies, how is everyone doing? I am still in my TWW (I have a beta 12/10) Waiting is so hard, but this month seems better, and I am doing much less symptom spotting. My temps keep going up, which is positive. 

@LJMoon6 I also spoke with my supervisor, and she is very understanding and supportive (thank goodness) She had 14 miscarriages, so she can understand this process. That RN is SO rude not to let you lay after IUI!!

@ispi This is emotionally draining, so I could totally understand taking a break. I might next cycle too if this doesn’t work out. 

@crookshanks10 I am so glad for you that you got progesterone, and I truly hope that it help you. 

@sarahtothea Oh my! I am SO happy for you! I hope that this is sticky!!! 

@mooret1118 Are you trying a different protocol? I am thinking of you and your DH. 

@melcab7 Good Luck with the Femara! I hope that it treats you well.

@31magnolia How is your 2WW going? When do you test? The RN did my IUI also, but so far I have had a great experience with all of the RNs. I hear you about the mood swings!!

@bobella22. How are you doing? When do you test? I also stayed 10 minutes after IUI, and I only did one IUI and BD the other days. It’s like another job some times!

@pegs007 are you on Prometrium? it is an oral capsule, but it is much better tolerated if used vaginally. If you had estrogen dominance, then when you start progesterone the symptoms intensity initially then improve. 
  • Woohooo @sarahtothea! Congrats! Hope that this one sticks for you and a blessed 9 months! 
    @annierose3 I go in for my beta 12/12 so I'm right behind you on the dreaded 2ww. Hoping for some more good news from you ladies in the Dec. IUI thread.
  • Ladies you are all on my mind and with me today. I’m going to a baby shower this morning and will be seeing my 3 close pregnant friends. I’m hoping my emotions stay in check so I can be there for my friend in her special time. 

I herd back from the office and they are going to me on endometrin after December’s iui. 
  • @sarahtothea sent you a message but wanted to post it hear in case you didn’t see it.  Congrats!!

@annierose3 @bobella22 I test 12/13, so I’m also there with you two. And I can’t stop myself from googling!!! I’m looking up everything, symptoms, chances, Twins, etc.  I really need to stop, but I can’t. I also am not loving the suppositories lol, but I understand that they are necessary. 

@mooret1118 I know today will be difficult. I’m sending you positive thoughts (hugs).  Glad about the progesterone. 
  • Hello ladies, how is everyone? I just need to vent a little. My younger sister got married then immediately pregnant. Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for her that she had a healthy baby. But she texts me pictures of the baby alllll the time. And even if I get bad news related to infertility she has texted me a picture of her baby ‘to cheer me up’ 
    Our relationship has never been easy. My family told me I had to delay my engagement when she was planning her wedding. Can’t she be a little more considerate towards me right now?! Ughhhhh
  • pegs007pegs007 member
    edited December 2018
    First things first I am so happy to hear good news in this group and I do hope lots of good news follow this one.

@sarahtothea - Congrats for a BFP :), lots of baby dust.

@mooret1118 - I really hope your frens get to see your baby shower real soon.

@bobella22 - Hope your TWW is going well !

@annierose3- Sending you hugs.Its so hard dealing with family in such situations. They can never understand all this.I can so relate to it. My younger sis was married much earlier I could I find someone.She had a baby too.Consequently, she used to feel superior and make me feel so low . Later, I decided to not discuss any of this with her, I am so much better now. 

@31magnolia -Hope you are feeling better now? These meds shake definitely shake you up emotionally.My DH has to tolerate my emotional out pour each time. Talk about it. Its worse than PMS.
  • Cycle #2 was cancelled. My estrogen was 130, I think their cut off was 50. So we’ll wait this one out and try again next cycle. I’m pretty bummed. This means we can only try 2 more IUIs instead of 3 like we had planned. This is all related to insurance coverage, we were hoping to fit one more in before the end of the year. I had a pretty emotional weekend.

@sarahtothea Congratulations girl! When do you go for your beta? I work in research at a university. Everyone is well educated and has a respect for work life balance. I am, however, the only girl on staff in the back office (besides the admin staff up front). I have never felt uncomfortable because of it, it’s not even a thing. I did end up telling my boss on Friday. It was eating me up inside thinking that he thought I was dying lol. He was very understanding, he even expressed sympathy. He wanted to know if I felt comfortable working in the lab (I work around pretty hazardous chemicals), and wants to come up with some safer methods for me to use while handling certain chemicals. Over all it went really well. I had just found out that our cycle was cancelled so I was pretty emotional talking to him. I had the face twitches going on, trying not to cry.

@mooret1118 That’s a good idea to ask for extra time at your appointment. I never thought of that. I did end up telling my boss and I feel so much better about it. I am a very honest person to begin with, and we never really hid that we were TTC or starting treatment from our friends or family. My boss was super sympathetic. I told him our odds of ever conceiving, because I didn’t want him to expect me to be pregnant any time soon. It was a hard conversation but I’m glad I did it. I did ask the nurse about the possibility that the egg never released and that’s what caused the cyst. She said that they can tell if that’s what happened by the way the cyst looks on the U/S. So that reassured me, I’m glad I asked.

@31magnolia I haven’t seen my RE since my first new patient appointment either. I don’t mind. I had a bad experience with her that consisted of her complaining about her kids. What I wouldn’t give to have kids to complain about!

@annierose3 14 miscarriages! Holy hell, I could not imagine the pain. It’s so good to have a boss who understands though. I understand that there are studies that show no improved success rates from laying down for X amount of time, but if a patient wants to regardless, why wouldn’t you let them!? I don’t have a sister (I have 4 brothers), so I can’t really relate to that. But I can relate to people sending pictures or videos of children to me. It’s like they think that just because I want a kid that I’m going to want to look at other peoples kids… um no. That’s the opposite thing that I want to do.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• pegs007pegs007 member
    edited December 2018
    @LJMoon6 - I am so sorry to hear about the cancellation of your IUI. Due to the financial aspect, its hard making these decisions. It is so frustrating. I hear you. 
    Good that you had a chat with your boss, must be so relieving. Happy to know that he is supportive.It is a blessing to have an understanding boss/co workers.And I agree with him, definitely be extra cautious while dealing with the chemicals in the lab.

• @pegs007 It took three days, but I'm feeling a lot better now. Thank you. 

@LJMoon6 ugh. that does seem a bit insensitive! So even though the cycle was cancelled it counts? Is that because you still purchased and used the meds?

I wished my insurance company covered something. I don't know how many times we can do this out of pocket. 

• @31magnolia Our insurance covers up to $5k a year at 80% on all fertility treatment. So basically we can do 2 IUIs a year with insurance. We only did one this year, so we're wasting the rest of our coverage this year. It's my own fault for waiting so long to get in to see an RE, but I just wasn't emotionally ready for it yet. Of course we could pay OOP but at this point I don't think we want to do that. I guess that could change once we get there.
    *TW* TTC history

• Thank you everyone!!! I'm thinking of you all, too! ^^

I'm going for blood work today, I'll let you know how it goes. Although I won't know til tomorrow lol Do you ladies want me to keep you posted on numbers and such? I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or anything. 

@annierose3 Ugh that's so frustrating!!!!! It's so sad when family does stuff like that, I'm sorry you have to deal with it! I have a bunch of customers that are always showing my pictures, videos, ect and the whole time I'm thinking "Cool, good for you, but I don't want to see this right now!" 

@LJMoon6 Sorry that your cycle is cancelled!!!! So for your insurance the start of a cycle is considered one of your three left even though you didn't get the more forward? 

Awww I'm glad it went so well with telling your boss!!! It'll probably be a lot easier to deal with leaving early/coming in late ect for appointments and such. Your boss sounds so nice though to be worried about the chemicals and such, so thoughtful! 

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @LJMoon6 so sorry your cycle got cancelled girl.,Are you sure they count This IUI even though you didn't do it? This process is very frustrating. 
    @pegs007 where are you at in your cycle?
    @annierose3 so sorry your sis is making it more difficult for you. Hopefully she isn't doing it to upset you. I have so many babies around me also. My one friend just had her twins (unplanned preg. makes 4) And my sisinlaw just had her 2nd baby and she got married after me. Hopefully your IUI will work out for you this month. fx!
    @31magnolia glad you are feeling better. This 2ww is going by very slowly.Hopefully xmas shopping will help keep me busy instead of researching and looking up everything possible online. 
    @sarahtothea would love to hear about your betas and updates. If you dont feel right posting here, you can always inbox me. 😊
  • @sarahtothea Sure, I would love to hear about your betas! It will help keep me occupied during this eternity 2WW. I am so happy for you, and I am hopeful for each one of us. 

@LJMoon6 I am SO sorry your cycle got canceled! It is so unfair that insurance companies could have any say about how many cycles you should have. This is a medical diagnosis and we deserve treatment. I am thinking of you.
  • And thank you to alllll if you for the encouragement. I don’t know if my sister is aware that she is hurting me. I have two other sisters, and none of them have ever asked me about my fertility treatment.🙄
  • pegs007pegs007 member
    edited December 2018
    @bobella22 - Me too w you in 2WW! Trying to keep my emotions in control this cycle, last IUI brought me down emotionally big time.
    Progesterone inserts make me super drowsy and fuzzy in the mornings. Are you having such symptoms with it?
    Shopping is sooo therapeutic, it calms me down lol. Enjoy while the offers last :)
  • @LJMoon6 oh ok. That makes sense. Sucks but makes sense. I also waited until the very last minute to set up an appointment for IUI. I was hoping that it would just happen on its own...6 months later I decided to bite the bullet. My cycle days were starting to get shorter and I also thought something may be wrong with my CM.

@sarahtothea I would definitely like to be updated. :smile:

@bobella22 It's going by soooooo sllllooooowwwwlllllyyyyyyyyyyy....... I don't beta test until 12/13, but my cycle is supposed to start on 12/9. I want to do a home test that day, but I'm going to try and hold out until 12/11.

@pegs007 I've been tired but didn't link it to the progesterone. I didn't know that was one of the side effects.

On a side note, my house was broken into Friday night. I was out of town so I didn't see it until Saturday. That made for an interesting weekend. :(  Nothing was taken. Police said they were probably looking for cash since clothes were thrown all over the place.
  • Omg ladies!!! I forgot to take my femara last night!!! I was supposed to take on day 5! Has anyone else done this! How did I forget! 
  • Hello, Everyone!

I'm going to put my results of my blood test in a spoiler if you wanted to see:

So the nurse called and said my Beta was 42, which kind of disturbed me because the first draw on my first BFP was a 125 and that ended up being a CP so I'm really nervous. She also said my progesterone was 23, which is higher than when I had the CP (That was a 14.2) She was like "Yeah it's a bit low, but you only triggered on the 15th... so It might still be very early for you. " 

I'm so confused lol But I'm going for another draw tomorrow and hoping that the number has doubled!

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• Oh no @mooret1118 .What did your RE instruct you to do? 
    @31magnolia so sorry that happened to you but thank goodness nothing was missing. 
    @Saratothea from what I have read, anything above 25 is a positive and what is important is that they double every couple of days. Good luck and keep me.posted.

• @bobella22 I didn’t call them. I figured o really only took it about 8 hours late so I will just take it in the morning this cycle. Maybe I’m wrong but I figure 8 hours isn’t going to make or dream it. 
  • @mooret1118 Is femara kind of like Clomid? (Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable in other medications) If so, I've taken clomid late (End of Day 6 because my pharmacy was dilly-dallying lol)  before and it didn't really affect anything. ^^

@bobella22 I am trying! I have been feeling a little like AF is coming today so I don't have a lot of hope... but I'll try to keep positive til I know for sure, which should be today! ^^

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @31magnolia Omg! I'm so sorry that happened to you!!!! I'm glad nothing was taken though, holy moly! 

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @sarahtothea FX for you today. Hopefully that’s not what’s going on.
  • Hey everyone, here is my latest update:

So my HCG went down so it's another CP... which sucks >< So as soon as AF arrives I can start my next cycle. FX for everyone else in their TWW and going into December IUIs!!!

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• Ohhh @sarahtothea I am SO sorry. I am sending prayers your way. 
  • Oh no @sarahtothea im so sorry girl. This is not an easy process. I had a cp in August as well. Hoping December works out for you!
  • @sarahtothea Sorry to hear that :( 
  • @sarahtothea - I was so not expecting this, I am sorry to hear. Hope this is the last CP and you get better soon for a new cycle.
  • @sarahtothea I am so sorry! (Hugs) thinking of you. 
  • @LJMoon6 I finally had my appointment with the doctor to go over next steps if this cycle didn’t work. I was able to ask her about the team A and Team B. She laughed and said she didn’t make up the terminology, so the nurse did. Anywyshe said it’s to get as much sleep in you as possible. And there’s only so much they can put in the uterus, so they fill the catheter again and coat the cervix. 
  • @pegs007 the progesterone makes me so sleepy and this morning felt a little nauseous.
     I am trying to stay positive and not get my hopes up at the same time. 
    @31magnolia I have never heard of team A and B before but sounds like a good way to increase your chances. That's why when my RE suggested back to back IUI days, I figured it couldnt hurt. 
    @annierose3 I how you doing in this tww? I go in for my beta weds. But might test at home tues to prepare myself. 
    @LJMoon6 I hope you get good news soon and able to start a new cycle.

• @bobella22 I didn’t think about your two IUIs. I guess it really is the same thing. I beta on Thursday. It should be Wednesday but they diecided to not move it up a day even though the iui was moved up a day. I was going to at home test on Tuesday but my best friend yelled at me and told me I needed to wait until the beta to avoid emotions ahead of time. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do. 
  • Ladies, I was hopeful this cycle but I started spotting.AF should be around. Will be prepping up for December cycle.
  • I'm so sorry to hear @pegs007. Hoping for good news from you in the December IUI board.
  • BFN for me. I am waiting to hear from the RE office. I feel like trying something different or just taking a break 😔