Infertility

Introducing Me

Hello all!

I think now is the right time to join all you lovely ladies here. I actually introduced myself back in September, but realized DH and I weren't at the right point in our journey for me to be part of the conversations as we had only been referred to a urologist at that point.

Myself (29, almost 30) and DH (31) recently started working with an RE after TTC since July 2017 for #1. DH's SA shows 1% morphology (count and motility are good) and per the HSG, baseline blood work, and U/S on me there is nothing to indicate why we have been having TTTC so we are an unexplained case of infertility.

We just had our follow up appointment with the RE to decide what we wanted to do next. We will be moving forward with my next cycle using letrozole, trigger, IUI, and progesterone. I am both nervous and excited!

A little about me... I'm an engineer and so is MH. We have a cat, turtle, hedgehog, and some sunfish for pets. Much of my spare time is spent mentoring a high school robotics team with DH, otherwise you'll find me watching Netflix and practicing a faux calligraphy technique I started learning at the beginning of the year. Oh.. and taking way too many pictures of my sleeping cat.

I look forward to getting to know everyone  :)
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Introducing Me

• Welcome!  I am not a woman haha but even some of us DH's join up as it's a big journey for both involved.  My wife isn't into the internet forums.

We were in the same boat.  Unexplained IF issues.  Since we are older myself 40 and my wife 39 we decided to go straight to IVF with PGS testing and FET this month.  It's a process and an expensive one at that.  I think the biggest thing I have learned so far is that a lot of the unexplained fertility issues happen due to egg quality or chromosome issues.  You are younger so not 100% sure that is your issue but it was surprising when my wife had 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilize, 4 make it to day 5/6 and only 1 came back PGS normal... Was kind of a punch to the stomach at first.  But we transferred that embryo on the 20th of this month and my wife got a BFP yesterday on her blood test.  She goes back tomorrow for her 2nd test.

Hope all goes well for you, you made a big first step and I am sure things will work out for you and your husband.

BTW cool pets!!  We have 2 Frenchies', a lazy cat as well haha and a small saltwater reef tank (that's my hobby)
  • @murph145 my husband loves his fish/turtle tank! We just upgraded to a nearly 300 gallon tank. ItsI his pride and joy right now since we don't have any kids. Well, and Pinecone (our hedgehog).

My brother had Frenchies! Sadly both of them have passed, but I think he's considering getting a new Frenchie at some point. He and Stitches (or Mr. Stitches as we liked to call him!) we're seriously best buds. Total Bros, it was adorable  :D
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • lcthompslcthomps member
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23 Hello! Good luck with your IUI. I feel like every one of my IUIs have felt different. The nurses do them at my office- is that the same for you? I figure that is typical but I don’t really know. 
  • @lcthomps they do it at your office? How does that work?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 sorry I worded that weird. Im a nurse at an OB/GYN office but when I said “my office” I was meaning at my RE office, not my place of employment. But it’s an RN who does my IUI, usually it’s my RE’s nurse but if it’s her day off I will get a different nurse. They have all been super kind. 
  • @lcthomps I'm not sure if it will be the RE or one of the RNs that will do the IUI. When I went in for my initial blood word and US earlier this month one of the RNs did everything. I have a feeling the RE will do the IUI, but I'm guessing I will know after I go in for blood work and US at the start of my next cycle, which will hopefully be in a few days!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause