Trying to Get Pregnant

December Randoms

Post your random thoughts/conversations here

Re: December Randoms

• Has anyone with an older dog gotten a puppy?  I am reading mixed thoughts on this.  I am certain it depends the dog with how well it goes.  My dog is very sweet and wants to snuggle with the cats and they aren’t having it, so I was thinking of getting her a puppy.  
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited December 2018
    Yea... but my older dog wanted nothing to do with the puppy (although he tolerated the cat cuddling with him). So kind of opposite situation? As long as your dog doesn't mind puppy wrestling, I would think it would be fine. 

ETA: I can't believe already December!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think like you said it depends on the dog. It's hard to predict how animals will react. Maybe bring your dog to visit some puppies and see how she does?
  • @holly321 I did a lot of math to figure this out right lol. So we got our current dog when our first was 5/6. He was tolerant but due to past abuse (he was MILs and her ex didn't like his typical dog behavior, ie laying under the table during dinner and such....) he wasn't a super lovely dog even with us. He accepted the puppy and on a rare occasion they would lay close. If your dog is always looking for a snuggle, a pup might be good. Or you could get an older dog who is already calmed and likes other dogs. A puppy might be to rambunctious depending on your dogs age.
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2018
    @holly321 I got a puppy in college and brought her home to our then 7 year old dog...she wanted nothing to do with her but eventually warmed up and now they’re BFFs. My parents and I all think that having her has extended our family dog’s life (she’s 14 now and a big dog!) because of how much they run around together. But agreed with others, it definitely depends on the dog (edited because I somehow tagged the first like 6 words as a user name)
  • I have been looking a few days and trying to adopt a dog is really discouraging.  Must have a fence, no kids under 6, home inspections, etc.  it is ridiculous.  We adopted a kitten last week, they asked for my license and money and sent me home with a kitten, no questions asked.   

• @holly321 we went through that too. It's super frustrating!
  • @riff323 when we got our dog now, we were renting, and could not find a shelter to let us adopt and eventually had to go to a breeder.  I forgot about Craigslist, so I am checking that out now.  
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited December 2018
    @holly321 I totally agree with what @b_1029 said. My Dobie mix is turning 17 in January and I 100% believe its because he has his Great Dane sisters. Having a younger dog around keeps them younger I think.

ETA: fixed tag
  • @holly321 I’m with ya on how discouraging it is to adopt a dog. We lived in a townhouse so they wouldn’t allow us to adopt a dog even after we explained we were planning on buying a house in around 2 months. The reason we didn’t want to wait was because my bf was off work for the two months leading up to buying the house so we thought it made most sense to get a dog and be able to help with the transition to our life and getting used to them while we had all the extra time. 

And and speaking of houses, we finally moved into the house we bought and met the people who will be renting the upstairs (they were already there for 3 years prior so we agreed to keep them as long as they were only on a month to month rental agreement so if things went south, we can be protected and be able to get them out). 
    Well the tenant that lived downstairs had their bed against the wall and window and after moving it discovered a bunch of black mould. So my day today is going to consist of scrubbing it away and then probably painting that entire wall with oil based paint. I’m dreading it. The house needs so much upgrades I’m having some serious second thoughts but it’s too late now lol 
  • @holly321 some dog rescue organizations are easier to adopt from than others.  When we adopted ours, we had a phone interview and they called two references. No home inspection, and they didn't mind that we didn't have a fence.  We went through Pet Finder.

@kels0091 that's no fun about all that scrubbing and painting. :(  Hopefully things will work out well with your tenants, though! 
  • @kels0091 we bought a house that is 50 years old and we've found a lot of kooky things associated with having an older home. With every little home improvement project we do though, I have felt so much better about buying this house. Once you really start making it your own, I'm sure you'll feel a lot better about the house! Our next major project is to have the deck rebuilt. It's not exactly sturdy... posts are sitting on top of the paved patio underneath instead of buried in the ground *facepalm*. We often wonder what the previous owner was thinking!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @holly321 that's my biggest problem with how hard some agencies make it to adopt a pet: they drive you to a breeder! Reputable breeders are great but how many people go to backyard breeders and puppy mills because they have trouble adopting?

@kels0091 no fun! I hope your tenants work out. And it's totally normal to have buyer's remorse, so don't feel bad about having second thoughts.
  • @holly321 Our good friends just got a puppy for their dog and it has worked out really well. I don't think they cuddle, but they play a lot. 

@riff323 et al. I 100% agree about how hard it is to adopt a dog. I know they want what is best, but both of our experiences have turned us away from wanting to again. It was like we were on trial. My parents also tried to adopt and were denied. They live on a dairy farm and it is too unsafe according to the rescue co. I would think living on a farm would be dog heaven! 

@kels0091 ah dang. That sucks! Wear a mask and be careful. AnI i agree with others, i think it will grow on you once you start to make it your own. You might not love it, but maybe you'll like it more. 
  • I’ll second @LJMoon6 - the humane society or local shelter should be pretty flexible about adoption. We even brought our first dog to “meet” the dog we were interested in. We got another adult dog and they love each other :) but it did take about a full 2 mo of warming up. No major tiffs or anything! Just some time to lay right next to each other and full on play 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• I agree adopting is nearly impossible. I tell DH that all the time, we both work 40hrs a week we would never be able to do it. We were looking before getting the dog we have now. We got lucky that someone's dog got KU before she got fixed and then a couple people backed out of taking the pups.
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23 Did they post on a concrete patio to avoid any termite or wood rot damage that can happen from burying in the dirt? We have our back deck up on concrete for that reason.  It’s made of all redwood, but still out in Cali, we have to worry about termites. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake I don't think so. The posts aren't in any way secured to the concrete, it literally sits on top of it. We think it may have been done as a cheap DIY project. The house originally had a balcony and they basically added on to it. Apparently the deck wasn't secured into this balcony right either *sigh*
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @b_1029 Hahah that's too funny! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @b_1029 omg I'm lolling at work over here @ your convo with YH. Bahahaha biodegradable waste :lol:  omg he's completely serious too. Maybe if it was a ravine or, like you said, a compost pile, but I don't think that's how it works if you just throw food over the fence onto the lawn (or in his case, in the tree) :lol::lol::lol: 

@LJMoon6 Just before I read b's post about the grapes I was awwwww'ing at your adorable snuggling pups!!! How sweet are they! <3 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 right??! If he's interested in composting, I'm all for it (which I told him after this). I guess I've never really thought of throwing food away. But now I'm like ummmm....so if I walked into our neighbor's yard, what would I see? Just imagining a bunch of old rotted food and animals everywhere lol. Plus I'm pretty sure that area of their yard is concrete...embarrassing.
  • @tamalahoops I just loled at that!! That’s hilarious. 
    @kiki047 I’ve definitely done that too, but like you said, not in someone’s yard! it worries me the only reason he got caught is because some got stuck in the tree. Now I kinda want to walk over there tonight and see. I’m probably being over dramatic but I’m picturing a mini landfill. Oh men...
  • @b_1029 - Oh my word, I'm laughing so hard tears are running down my cheeks. What was he thinking?? 
  • @tamalahoops pretty sure my colleague is wondering what I'm cackling at this morning as I sit by myself in my office... birds. nests. :lol: hahahaha YH sounds hilarious.
    @b_1029 I'm sure the animals have run off with anything tasty, and it's winter so no bugs... 
    @nomangos23 our dog also likes dogs that look like him. When we take him to the dog park he'll typically only approach the ones that have similar colouring to him, or ones that look like other dogs in the family. That's a great idea to let your dog decide though. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @marebear15 that's awesome! That sounds like something I would do.
  • @b_1029 Well we all know what you're getting your husband for Christmas :D 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• omg @b_1029 that is too good.
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @riff323 - I can see how people might interpret that song different ways, but mostly when I hear it sung, I hear a woman wanting to stay and being a flirt and a tease, and blaming it all on alcohol because in that time it was a disgrace for a woman to stay over at a man's house. 
    But in this day and age, it's probably best that it not be played because so many people hear a different story.