Infertility

July 2018 IVF

Re: July 2018 IVF

• @mackorori i have no idea about what you just shared but I have my FX and pray that your pregnancy continue to go well my dear! and that was really sweet that baby waved to mommy!  <3
  • @bkatp thanks for checking in!  How are you doing/feeling??  

@anared I read It Starts With The Egg.  I would recommend it!  It is easy to read/understand and gives evidence behind the recommendations it gives.  If nothing else I feel like it gave me ways to feel in control during this process!  Also, I have had to tell multiple bosses so far (we have restructured at work a few times), and they have always been super understanding.  Hopefully you get the same response.  I am excited for you to get started!  

@mackorori I will be sending prayers your way that everything turns out ok!  Hopefully they get back to you soon so you can put this worry behind you.  And I love that they were giving you a little wave :smile: What an amazing thing to see!!

As for us, we just found out yesterday that we will be starting the process for that test through Yale next month.  Sounds like I will be on Lupron for about a month (depends on when IIstart my period in there) and then they will do two biopsies about a week apart on specific days.  Rather than IM progesterone they will have me on vaginal progesterone . They also will have me slowly increase my dose over time from 20mg to 200mg.  We will see how it goes!  Thank you @bkatp for sharing that article!  It really helped me to understand a little more before we met with our RE.  Why they have me increase the progeatproge slowly makes way more sense after reading it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @anared exciting that your cycle has started again good luck with your fresh cycle and keep us updated. 

@mackorori Congratulations on good ultrasound. 10 plus weeks might be too early for NT scan. Aren’t they doing cell free dna test if age is concern? It might give more accurate results. I was told it is only covered by insurance  for 35 plus. Check with your Ob at your next visit 

@katie35 you are welcome. Let us know how the test goes. You have to inject for tests too ? 

I had my 11 week ultrasound last week and everything was fine, from here they only use Doppler at my appointments except at anatomy scan around 20 weeks. I am planning to pay out of pocket and get the cell free dna test done (they offered discount) so I am ok paying little amount to get that test done which I heard is more thorough 

• @bktap So happy to hear things continue to go well, good luck with your testing. The OB mentioned it’s a bit early to measure at this point, but since they were able to, better to be safe and send me to an MFM where they have more experience with these issues and better machines. Panorama is the cell free DNA test my OB uses, we went ahead with that and hopefully we will have results next week (they say 5-7 days, fingers crossed before the holiday). It should be covered since I’m over 35 plus having RPL with known chromosomal issues.
  • @mackorori good to know that you got cell free dna testing done the results should give u more clarity when will be your appointment with MFM ? 
  • Hi Ladies! I had my U/S this morning and it went well. we had a HB of 111 and I'm 6w3d and baby measured 1 day ahead of schedule.
  • @babydust2507 great news from the US!

@bktap thanks for checking in, my appointment is tomorrow afternoon.  Hoping for the best, but nice that having my mom in town and Thanksgiving prep is helping to keep my mind busy.
  • Thanks for the update @babydust2507!  I love reading good news on here :smiley: Congrats!!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow @mackorori!
  • @bkatp, yes!  We do injections for the test too.  Basically you do an FET cycle but tayuer than transfer, they do the biopsies.
  • Ladies, thanks for the well wishes for yesterday’s appointment. Unfortunately things deteriorated, I put more below in the spoiler, it’s kind of a lot to take with your morning coffee...

Our early NT scan last week showed about 3.2 measurement, so high, but not horrible. In only one week it deteriorated to 5.7 and there was swelling and fluid all around the baby, chest cavity, etc Also my Panorama came back positive for T21. While there are more mild and severe cases of Downs possible (my coworker has a fantastic functioning teenage boy), the extra fluid around the baby is the real indication that it’s a more severe situation with other potential issues and it’s almost certain the baby won’t survive past the second tri. I went ahead and had a CVS test done to provide the diagnostic certainties, but given my history/age and evidence so far it’s unlikely to change the outcome.

I took on this surprise spontaneous PG with a pretty positive attitude since I know we still have our PGS tested embryo, but I really never thought we could possibly get this far again if there was an issue and prayed that we wouldn’t (our first MC lost at 11 1/2 weeks with Trisomy 9). Now it’s even worse because we are faced with very hard decisions. Trying to focus on the joys of having friends and family around for Thanksgiving and taking it one day at a time.

So appreciative for all of your support throughout our IVF journies and I look forward to hearing updates on how you are all doing. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

• @mackorori I am so sorry  :( I can't imagine what you are going through now.  I will be thinking of you and sending prayers as you move forward.  Life can be so incredibly unfair.
  • @mackorori I am so sorry to hear your update. I understand how disappointing it can be for you after so many weeks of expectations. Please stay strong and take actions that will be best your family. Praying for successful FET transfer of he PGS tested embryo
  • @mackorori I am so sorry. Sending prayers and hugs your way.  <3
  • @mackorori I'm so sorry to hear that! Will be praying for you and your family. Sending love and hugs. Stay strong!
  • @mackorori I am so very sorry about your ultrasound results. How incredibly heartbreaking. I’ll be thinking of you lots. ❤️
    Me: 32   DH: 37 
    Married: 06/21/2008
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:
    IUI #1-bfp DS born 07/06/2010

TTC #2:
    IUI #1: Sept. 2017 - cancelled (ovulated too soon)
    IUI #2: Oct. 2017 - bfn
    switched clinics
    IUI#3: Nov. 2017 - bfn
    IUI#4: Dec. 2017 - bfn 
    Hysteroscopy w/ ovarian diathermy: Feb. 2018
    IUI#5: April 2018 - bfp (chem. preg)
    IUI#6: May 2018 - bfp (chem. preg) 
    IVF #1: July 2018

• Thank you so much for the kind words and prayers. A lot of soul searching took place the past few days, but we made the decision we think will best leave our family at peace. Looking forward to all of your updates and being back in the FET boards when we are ready to move forward (earliest likely next spring). 
  • @mackorori I am so sorry you had to make such tough decisions. I hope you find peace during this time. I will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing your updates in the spring.

How is everyone else doing?

AFM, I started stims last night. My RE ordered some bloodwork at our consultation last month and it seems that my hypothyroidism turned to hyper. I haven't heard from my regular endocrinologist about it, but will have to follow up. My nurse also said the Beta 2 glycoprotein antibody screen came back positive, not sure by how much, but for the next FET I have to be on levonox. It has something to do with blood clotting and have been doing some research since finding out. Has anyone had experience with this?
  • @mackorori I have been thinking of you.  I am so sorry you have to go through this and make these tough decisions.  As with @anared I look forward to hearing your updates in the Spring.

@anared I am so glad to hear you are to this point!  I am sorry to hear about the new findings though.  Are you on Synthroid? Hopefully it will be as simple as a dose adjustment.  And for the Beta 2 Glycoprotein Antibody, I don't have any experience with this.  I am glad though that they were able to find it prior to the FET so they could start you on the Lovenox. When is your first follicle check?

@kbenner2 @babydust2507 @bkatp How is everyone feeling?

AFM - I just received our schedule for the Endometrial Function Test.  I will start the Lupron Dec. 14th and then will start estrace on day 3 of my next cycle.  We will throw in slowly increasing doses of progesterone starting on day 13ish.  Biopsies will be on cycle day 15 and cycle day 24.  I am looking forward to getting this going.  In the meantime, my RE did start me on Prednisone 20mg daily starting last Saturday (day one of my cycle).  Since we are planning on the Prednisone for the real FET I have to be on it for the Mock testing cycle as well.  It has definitely come with some side effects (insomnia, heartburn, just a general feeling of blah - probably from the insomnia).  They seem to be getting better though so I am hoping my body will adjust!
  • @katie35 thanks! I think all the hormones have influenced my thyroid, I have been on Synthroid since I was 18 and never really had such fluctuations. My baseline was yesterday, and just as the cyst on my right disappeared- I developed one on my left. My RE is still moving forward and I have my first follicle check tomorrow. As for the Beta 2 glycoprotein, I wasn't able to find too much on that test specifically- but will ask more about it tomorrow. All I could really find was a general explanation about coagulation disorders and its connection to miscarriage. 

I'm sorry that you are having so many side effects! I hope they go away soon. How long after the mock cycle will you move forward with the FET?
  • @anared excited to hear things are moving forward. I don’t know much about thyroid issues, but I do agree these stims and hormones likely mess with it. I’ve never had any issues, including prior preganancies, and then a couple of months ago they found mild hypothyroid levels and they put me on a med. Good luck with your cycle, keep us posted!

@katie35 that’s an interesting test, they are doing so much with science! Positive thoughts that it’s able to provide some insight so future cycles can be successful.
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited December 2018
    @anared excited for you to start new cycle. I have heard about glycoprotein antibody and it stops the blood flow to the embryo by clotting the blood. Levanox helps prevent that situation. I got factor 8 1 copy positive in my tests and I was put on baby aspirin- blood thinner to help with the situation. It is positive news that they found some reason for the infertility and early losses. Hopefully this cycle will turn out to be a great one for you. 

@katie35 good to know you are getting closer to the test and hope that they find a reason. Sorry you are having to go through lot of symptoms. Are they giving something for the symptoms? When will they know the results ?

AFM, I am doing fine haven’t had any appointments lately, my next one is on December 12th. I keep checking on baby s heartbeat using home Doppler. I got my results back and I am negative for Down syndrome and I am having s baby boy. Hope all is well for everyone else 
  • @mackorori I'm sorry to hear that, and will be praying for you and wish you the best for next transfer 
    @katie35 and @anared glad to hear that you guys are moving a long and can't wait to hear excited updates!
    @bkatp that's excited that you found out the gender already! is that what you're hoping for?
    AFM, I'm  doing ok, i had my 8w0d U/S and it went well HB was 170! i requested one more appt with my RE since my 1st appt with OB is not until 12/20. so my last appt with RE is 12/12
  • So happy to hear the good updates @bkatp and @babydust2507@bkatp I love that you have a home doppler.  It has to be the best to be able to hear that heart beat whenever!  

@anared, how did the follicle check go?  Were they able to give you more information on the beta2 glycoprotein results?

AFM, happy to say the Predisone side effects are better.  I have actually felt relatively normal since yesterday!  And the results will take about 2 weeks from biopsy.  Depending on the results they might do the test again with an adjusted protocol or we will move to FET.
  • Yay! glad to hear that @katie35! and I agree that gotta be awesome to have a home doppler. I'm thinking of getting one for peace of mind because of the spotting I've been having  :/
  • @babydust2507 No we were expecting a girl and husband was disappointed and took 15 min to digest the news. But coming from where we are, we are more than happy to have a healthy baby.

@katie35 Glad to know symptoms subsided. Hoping for the test to go well and for them to find a reason
  • babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited December 2018
    @bkatp I see... i probably got excited because DH and I want a boy hahaha and I totally understand and I know you'll be happy with your baby boy. I saw on Sep thread that you got a baby bump now!!!!! how cute is that! congrats!
  • I love hearing about all of these updates... both ivf/FET related and pregnancy related! 

I am now 23 weeks along and feeling really good! I have been having lots of energy in this part of the pregnancy which has been great. Our 20 week ultrasound with MFM went really well but I was so nervous for it, thinking they'd find something wrong. We go back again in 2 weeks for a fetal echo of the heart, but so far all is good! Baby is measuring a little small but in the average range. This is to be expected with ivf they say. Just soaking in the joys of pregnancy and counting our blessings. ❤️ 
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• @kbenner2 good to hear from you and love the update!
  • @mackorori thank you! 

@katie35 Glad to hear the side effects subsided. How is the protocol going? My follicle checks went well this week, I have another tomorrow. I started cetrotide on Wednesday morning. They are not sure if the cyst I have on my left side is a cyst or a follicle, and because it is already at 20 mm they were afraid I would ovulate. I am not sure how many follicles I have exactly, I peeked at the monitor and it seems like a better number than before- but as of Thursday they were still small between 4-14 mm. 

@bkatp congratulations on the baby boy! I hope you are feeling well! thanks for the information, I haven't been able to talk to my RE yet about the specifics, but I have been seeing a lot about the baby aspirin. I wish I knew this earlier! 

@babydust2507 congrats on graduating from RE to OB! when is your due date?

@kbenner2 glad to hear all is going well!
  • @kbenner2 awesome update! :smile: So glad everything is going well!!

@anared Sounds like things are going well.  Glad to hear you have a good number of follicles.   Retrieval will be here before you know it!  Keep us updated.  Are you planning for a fresh transfer?? For the protocol for us, no updates yet.  I start Lupron next Friday!
  • @kbenner2 thanks for the update, so happy to hear all is going well!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited December 2018
    @kbenner2 happy to hear good news. Do you know the gender yet?
    @katie35 @anared @mackorori @babydust2507 thank you for the wishes.

@anared let us know how your retrieval goes? yes even i got to know about baby aspirin after my test results when factor 8 1 copy came positive
  • @katie35 @bkatp I will trigger tonight with a retrieval on Wednesday. I am planning on a FET because we are doing PGS. On Saturday they told me I needed cardiology clearance for the IVF because of a heart murmur.  They didn't say anything to me the last time, and I was kind of annoyed they brought this up last minute, a few days before my ER. Thank goodness for Zocdoc, I found a Cardiologist and I went today for an EKG and tomorrow will go for an echocardiogram. It was too last minute to get both in one visit but, at least the Cardiologist cleared me based on the EKG and doesn't think the echo results will be much different. 

• @anared wow!  That came fast!  Good luck with trigger and will be thinking of you on Wednesday.  How are you feeling?  And that is strange that they are just bringing that up now.  Do you do anesthesia for the retrieval or just sedation?  I am glad you could get clearance so quickly, but how stressful!
  • @anared I would be so annoyed about the last minute notice of having heart testing needed too, happy you were able to get in and everything looks good. Good luck tomorrow!!
  • @anared my last appt with RE is tomorrow and did I also mentioned that my OB is my RE's wife! I'm so excited and I peace about it! hope to receive special treatments, hahaha! my Due date is July 12th but I hope baby will come end of June for insurance purpose, because our deductible year start July first . after all that money spent it will be nice to have the delivery 100% covered since we met our OOP, but we'll see... and but we pray for healthy baby to come when he/she is ready.
    GL on your ER tomorrow too! keep us posted! 
  • @anared good luck for ER tomorrow. Yes that really came fast and surprising that they bought up the heart thing in the last minute 

@babydust2507 congratulations on graduation 
  • @anared thinking about you and hoping your ER went well!!! Can’t wait to hear the update!! 

@babydust2507 how awesome that your new OB is the spouse of your RE!!! You have to feel so good about that!! How comforting to know you are in such good hands!! 
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:

TTC #2:
    switched clinics

• Thank you @bkatp! and yes @kbenner2! I'm so in peace going to her, i feel like it's like still being with my RE, like not only my file and history will be transferred to her properly but if something comes up they can both discuss what will be the best way to handle my case. I might be thinking to hard on this but it's just give me peace like you said, so yes I'm excited to meet her! 
    @anared how did it go?
  • @katie35 @bkatp @mackorori @babydust2507 @kbenner2 Thank you for the well wishes! Everything was normal with the EKG and echocardiogram which was great because I go under general anesthesia. There is a new doctor to the practice and anesthesiologist and were both really nice during my ER. However, I have a bit of OHSS- they collected 29 follicles. The day of ER and yesterday were really rough, a lot of spotting, cramping and weight gain. Insurance is being difficult about covering the medication for OHSS so we got two pills hoping that by today the authorization will go through. They want $50/pill and I need 10 so this is super annoying. I'm a little more normal this morning but DH convinced me to take a third day off. I feel really really guilty being away from my students for so long- they have autism so any change in routine confuses them.