April 2019 Moms

Facebook group?

Hi, I'm due April 19, 2019 with a second boy. The best thing I did with my first son was join a Facebook group for moms with babies due in October 2016, would anyone like to join an April 2019 moms group on Facebook, or is anyone already part of one they already really love? My first one was capped at 200 members, and that helped things not get too out of control. Moms with babies due at the end of March or beginning of May would also be welcome. Let me know what you guys think and I can start one :) 

For the record, if we start a new one, the only real rule will be no judging other moms. Being a mom is hard enough without being judged by others in the same situation as us! 

Re: Facebook group?

• lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited November 2018
    I’m sure not the only one, but I’m definitely not ready to open up my real name/private life to anyone yet. I’m perfectly happy here on TB for now. That’s why I joined! We’ve built a pretty solid community here the last few months, and I think it’s a good place to be.
    Also, I enjoy my privacy 🤷🏻‍♀️
    It’s too soon for facebook. 

ETA forgot some words. 
  • ok no worries at all of course for those who don't want to! It was just really helpful with my first son and several of the moms on there have become some of my closest friends. The group will of course be private on Facebook itself. 

For those who are interested and don't want to say their names on here, please go ahead and message me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/brookeveres and I'll add you :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • If you search in our forum, most are against this until closer to our due dates or more likely after babies are here. 
  • ok! Sorry guys. The group I was added into for my first son was started on a bump group so I just thought I would check. I absolutely didn't mean to offend anyone and I would never want anyone to feel pressured to join if they didn't want. I just wanted to ask for any moms who might be interested. Again, please feel free to message me on Facebook if you are interested.
  • Also, sorry again! I'm not a troublemaker I promise! I actually searched the group for "Facebook" to make sure there wasn't any discussion on this already and for some reason nothing like what you guys said popped up. I'm definitely not trying to get on anyone's nerves or start any drama, haha! That is like the opposite of what I meant to do. 

I hope everyone here's pregnancy is going great :) 
  • Why don't you stick around here then @brookerusenko?  We tend not to judge other moms here and are building a nice little support system.  Feel free to introduce yourself in the into thread then jump in.  
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I love the fb group once baby is here. :) until then stick around!
  • For DS2 our FB group started 2 months before birth month.  I’d be willing to join a group around then but now is out of my comfort zone.  There’s still new people joining and getting use to the way of things.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am intentionally without a Facebook so I'll be on here as long as other members continue to use this app. ☺