Infertility

December IUI

Introduction/DX:

IUI number: 

IUI protocol:

** Starting this for December :)

Re: December IUI

• Hi all - I hope it’s okay for me to intro within this thread rather than create a separate post. 

Introduction/DX: I’ve been very active in the TTGP forum, but thought I would also participate over here. I’ve been married for 4 years, and we have 2 chihuahuas together. I work in the Privacy field on the east coast.

After thinking the issue was on my end with later O and a short LP and getting diagnostic work done, we found out MH had some issues on his side. MH has low morphology & his first SA showed missing or small acrosomes. I also have low Progesterone in my LP. RE wants us to give IUI a try 2-3 times max and then do another SA to see if we need to move on.  

IUI number: 1

IUI protocol: baseline b/w tomorrow (CD2), Letrozol pills CD3-7, saline tubal profusion CD9, post-coitus exam, b/w, ultrasound for lining check & follicle check CD12, and then...unsure of when IUI happens and if any “trigger” will be used. I do know I will take progesterone post-IUI.

Excited to “meet” others in the Dec IUI group!

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Hi @chichiphin! I'll be going on my 3rd IUI but it's my first time using letrozole. Clomid did not work for me! So we'll be letrozole buddies! I had my baseline scan on Tuesday this week. Started 5mg letrozole yesterday and will be taking it until Sunday then another scan on Monday to check if there's any progress. I'm really hoping so! I'll be doing trigger shot then IUI and then definite progesterone suppositories. Good luck to you this cycle! I'd love to know how letrozole works for you.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @melcab7 hello! It is so weird how different REs operate. I start on 10mg tomorrow. I have absolutely nothing to compare it to (never tried clomid) so I have no idea what my symptoms might be like. I also take 2 pills a day and they said it was my choice to take at the same time or one in the AM/PM as long as I am consistent. No idea what option I’ll do! I really hope this change in protocol is all you need!!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin welcome! I will be going on to my 7th IUI (we did clomid for 6 months, 4 with IUI due to bad CM) and then did two rounds of injections with IUI. We both wanted to take a break in December from the high cost of injections and the holiday season, so I am starting Femera today 7.5 for five days and then adding in injections, just because I have some left over from last month. I never did femera either. My RE thinks we will most likely have to move onto IVF, just because my PCOS and very very high AMH (42). But we will continue with IUI for a few months. IUI is completely covered, but IVF is not, so we figured there is no harm in waiting a bit before funding that process.

@melcab7 good luck this month with trying femera!

• Hi @chichiphin!

Introduction/DX: unexplained fertility. I'm very active on the TTGP board! If only I were talking about physical activity :D 

IUI number:  #1

IUI protocol: I'm jumping the gun a little bit here since CD1 for me is still a week or so away. 15 cycles of BFNs doesn't make me hopeful that by some miracle we will have conceived naturally this last time. Anyway, after blood work and U/S I'll be taking letrozole, then IUI, then progesterone. If my apps (I use both FF and Flo) are correct, the IUI should be right around Christmas. Oh, and my RE recommended vitamin D for DH and I and to keep up on a prenatal.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Hi @inthewoods23 :)

@ispi ugh that’s really rough that you have no IVF coverage, but I’m glad you can get this IUI cycle in. 

AFM - I was off. Just got my prescription and I am on 5mg a day of letrozole, but two pills - one AM/one PM. I start tmrw morning! Fx no weird side effects!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @ispi thank you! I hope this cycle does the trick for you. It's so unfortunate that IVF wouldn't be covered. How frustrating. I'm going to hopefully just get a couple more IUI'S in before I consider IVF. I almost feel at this point it might be needed with my PCOS and endo. 

@chichiphin it is definitely interesting to see how different RE's operate. They told me to just take the two pills daily around the same time every day. Interesting how yours is broken into day and night! That's awesome you have no side effects. I notice occasional dizziness, minor headache, and hot flashes here and there but other than that, it's not too bad! I feel like I'm used to it at this point..My body is just non stop crazy from popping all these meds all the time haha  
  • Hi Ladies, 

Joined the Bump a few months ago this past summer while on my first cycle of IUI, bittersweet! Had a pregnancy but turned out to be ectopic. 

On cycle 2 now, day four of clomid and go back for a second baseline this upcoming Tuesday for an U/S and see from there when to inject and proceed with the process. 

Best wishes to all!  :)
  • @inthewoods23 hello! I hope everything works out for you this cycle.  :)

Hi @bmaty0214! good luck to you!!  :)
  • How's everyone doing? Any updates? Wasn't sure if any of you will be having your IUI this week.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bmaty2014 good luck!

@inthewoods3 no updates yet, I am projecting that I will be ready for an IUI next week. My DH is travelling the 18th & 19th, so the RE is trying to work around it. Tomorrow will be my last day of Femera, then I will begin the injections of Gonal with f/up Thursday.

How is everyone else doing? How are the meds going? Any side effects?

• Guess I'll jump in and intro myself!  I've been on the TTGP IF board (hi @inthewoods23 and @chichiphin !)

Intro/DX: MH and I have been together for 15 years and married for 5.  He's a firefighter and I currently don't work because of a nerve condition.  I was a nurse but now I crochet and sell it online.  We have 3 crazy dogs: a 9-year old lab/pit mix, a 7 year old great dane/pointer/many other breeds, and a 1 year old dalmatian. 
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA

IUI #1

Protocol: Gonal, Ovidrel, Prometrium
    After 4 US/BW in 8 days and 12 days of Gonal my IUI is finally scheduled for Wednesday.  I'm a mixture of nerves and excitement. 
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Hi @celticknotfire! That is exciting your IUI is on Wednesday! Best of luck to you  :)

I stopped taking 5mg on Femara yesterday and had a scan today. I have 2 good follicles that are 12 and 14. They want to see me back on Thursday to check the growth. Positive vibes!  <3
  • Welcome over here @celticknotfire

so I am CD5, day 3 of pills. I’m officially getting headaches and some dizziness. I also have O pains/twinges already on my left side.... on CD5!! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• babyhoping84babyhoping84 member
    edited December 2018
    Hi all- I'm excited to be a part of this board!

Introduction/DX: My husband and I have been married 7 1/2 years and trying to conceive our 1st for about 3 1/2 years now. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago. 

IUI number: 3 (hoping it really is the charm)

IUI protocol: Previous IUIs I was doing letrazol, Ovidrel shot, progesterone. But this month I actually surged on my own and didn't have to do the shot! IUI was Saturday because my u/s scan on Friday showed 2 follies on the left size (17mm and 24mm respectively) Now I'm in the dreaded 2 week wait and trying not to over-analyse everything. (I say that every cycle) My blood test is scheduled for 12/14.

Good luck to all!

• @celticknotfire best of luck to you!!! 
  • bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23 hi! Finished taking clomid Saturday night and tomorrow morning i go in for my second u/s to see the status on my follicles. Fingers crossed that I can soon take my trigger shot and end the week on a good note. 
  • @celticknotfire @babyhopping84 good luck! I am happy tot see there are some other PCOSers on this feed. @celticknotfire is this your first month of injections? I did it the past two months and the injections are very low and slow and many US & bloodwork. GL! Just curious, what is your AMH at with the PCOS.
  • So, after working up the courage to tell my boss about the increase in appointment I realized I should probably hit the breaks on that since there's still a possibility that I won't need the IUI. I'll know by the end of the week or the weekend if AF arrives. FF predicts AF on Friday (the day I fly home from my trip, great. Better bring the Midol) and the Flo app predicts Sunday.

I thought it would be weird to bring it up but not have an actual appointment set up yet so I think I will mention it once I make the appointment for the baseline blood work and US which I'm thinking will be on Monday. 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • crookshanks10crookshanks10 member
    edited December 2018

Introduction/DX: LP Defect. I participate in the TTGP board alot. MH and I have been together for 6 years and married for almost 3. We have been TTC our first for over a year. We have 1 kitty who is my obsession (:

IUI number: 4 (today! 7.2 mil sperm with only 3% morphology.. not looking good and I'm sure this cycle won't work :(

IUI protocol: 7.5mg femara CD5-9, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories begin 3dpo

• @crookshanks10 Is the 7.2 mil after the wash or before? I ask because my RE is happy with at least 5mil post-wash so I didn't want you to feel too discouraged with that number!

I'm also a fellow kitty lover  :)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Good luck to all of you ladies on your IUIs!  Awww @crookshanks10 sorry to hear the numbers weren't what you hoped for. It isn't over until its over. 

• Things are looking good so far, three follicles on my right side measuring two at 22 matured and one at 15. I’ll be taking  the ovidrel trigger shot tomorrow morning and go in Thursday morning with the hubs for insemination. Fingers crossed! 
  • crookshanks10crookshanks10 member
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23 That’s post wash but I’m more worried about the 3% morphology. They said 4% is fair so I guess it’s not too far off. Just discouraging but I’m going to try to stay positive. @suzycupcake pointed out that that’s still 216,000 good ones! My cat is black and white! Do you have any?

@bobella22 Thank you! 

@bmaty0214 Best of luck! 
  • @crookshanks10 all it takes is 1 sperm!  :)

We've got 1% morph from DH's SA back in August so we'll see what it comes to after the wash.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Always so many small pieces to worry about! Did your DH do a repeat SA? This is the first time ours has been “low”, so I know they can be very different for different samples.
  • @crookshanks10 surprisingly no, they haven't asked him for a repeat SA. There was some question if he had gotten it all in the sample cup but his numbers were still above normal. Morphology was the only bad result - 1%. I'm very interested in the numbers post-wash. Does that primarily take out the non-motile sperm only?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 That's interesting! Definitely could be just that one sample that had low morph for your DH! I think the wash is just to remove the fluids from the semen, as they can't insert that directly into you due to the bacteria, as it can cause an infection, and from what I understand it doesn't separate the high quality sperm from the low quality sperm. Hopefully December will be our month! 
  • IUI is done!  DH's numbers were good I don't remember morph but count was 25 million after wash so we were really happy with that.  We are lucky enough to not have any issues with him but it's all with me.
    @ispi Yes this is my first month with injectables so I'm guessing that's why it took so many doses.  My AMH was over a year ago so I had to go searching but it was good at 2.13.  My other hormones were off and my testosterone was really high.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @celticknotfire YAY! FX for you this cycle!! We'll hang out in the TWW together!
  • yay for everyone who is now in the TWW! Fx  <3<3<3<3<3

today is my last day of letrozole, saline sono is friday! side effects have gone away, and for the first time in my life I have felt right side ovary pain! so I'm hoping this means some good follies. I've always been a lefty  ;)
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• good luck to everyone on their IUI & TWW. That's good to hear @chichipin that you are feeling some pains!
  • Great news @celticknotfire! I’ll soon be joining you and @crookshanks10 after tomorrow’s IUI. 

@chichipin I felt the same pain on the right side today, never felt it on my 1st cycle.  It even hurt when I walked. 

Oh well, for now just excited for tomorrow!!! 
  • IUI complete! Now for the dreaded TWW. DH did great 29million after wash with 96% motility. Praying for a Xmas miracle! Come back on the 20th for a pregnancy test. 
  • Happy super early morning! I had a big temp drop this morning so I'm expecting AF today but we'll see. Hopefully it doesn't start while I'm on my flights getting home.  :#
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Good luck to all of you -  I am bowing out. My right follie is 19mm on CD9 and there is no way per our schedules we can get in to do an IUI before the egg releases. Natural this month an then IUI in Jan! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• That's a bummer to hear @chichiphin. Hopefully your schedules don't continue to hold up the IUI!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bmaty0214 @celticknotfire been a few days, how are you both feeling after your IUIs? When are your blood tests?
    @babyhoping84 I think you've had the earliest IUI of all of us. The 14th is coming up soon! How are you feeling?
    @ispi will your IUI be this week? How are you follies looking?
    @melcab7 how was your scan on Thursday?

AFM, AF finally showed up this morning. I had a temp drop earlier than usual so I was expecting AF yesterday or Friday which is what FF thought it would be. Flo app said today though. But anyway, going to be giving the RE a call tomorrow to schedule the baseline blood work and US again. If my O date doesn't change from what's predicted then my IUI will be after Christmas which I hope it stays that way since DH and I both took those 3 days off and will help keep that day less stressful for us since we won't be fitting it in during the work day, plus DH can be there during the IUI.

Question - is the blood work for the IUI cycle testing for all the same stuff as my last baseline which was completely natural, no meds? Like, are they going to be checking for STDs, etc. again or will they check for only the big things like FSH, AMH, estradiol and such?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 sorry to hear about AF. I think the baseline remains the same. I wish I could actually see what they test, because I have no idea! We are hoping the iui will be this week, I go back tomorrow to see size and amount. I went Thursday, but it was all under 10. I have been doing gonal f at 25 since Wed. I have the slowest growing follies ever.
  • I think someone else said the see thing about slow growing follies on the TTGP board and I added this to my post because that's all I could think.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause