Infertility

Oct 2018 FET

Re: Oct 2018 FET

• @babydust2507 all my scans at the RE are internal 
  • @sarac986 really? because you over 8 weeks, right?
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 7w5d. I have never had an external ultrasound  at my RE with my son or this pregnancy.  Only time they used the external was during transfer 
  • Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! are you guys planning on moving over the Pregnant after Infertility boards? I know they have weekly check ins and stuff like that through each trimester. 

@knottiee829c - my first ob was vaginal ultrasound and bloodwork. That was at 7w4d. They had a packet of info they gave me with meds that are safe to take, the cost of delivery, contacts, info on eating and exercise etc. She also prescribed nausea meds for me at that point. If you ladies aren't opposed to meds, take them! I have seen a world of difference!!!

@babydust2507 I don't think my first abdominal will be until my NIPT since my ob doesn't do them at every visit. She does the doppler but other than NIPT, the 20 week anatomy and usually like a size check maybe twice during 3rd trimester.

@sarac986  We are having a girl too. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited November 2018
    My RE office just accepted to see me one more time after my appt on Friday! since I won't be seen by my OB till December 20th so I'm really excited about it! the nurse said we can book an appointment on the 10th or 12th when I come on Friday. Well, I guess it's all depends how that Friday appt goes... FX!
    @Griffin5413, nope! I'm not ready to move there yet! LOL
  • @sarac986 I'm 7w5d as well :) 

@babydust2507 that must be nice, may be I should ask, my last appointment with RE is on Wednesday and I won't see OB until the 19th but like I mentioned before I won't actually see the OB I'll be seeing the coordinator so may be they can see me one more time :) 

• @knottiee829c it won't hurt to ask! 
  • @knottiee829c i second @sarac986. my "first" appointment was with a physician's assistant... mostly paperwork, blood work, peeing in a cup, referrals to high risk. the PA said since i'm high risk (AMA, RPL) i should be seen by an MD OB... so i had that today. he mostly reviewed my history, but did do an abdominal scan since i'd had more SCH spotting.  my OB said he wouldn't do dating / gestational measurement or FHR, but did see a flickering HB and a wild moving fetus! :)

if your practice is like mine (get rotated to whichever OB is open), they may outsource scans / testing.  i was referred to a high risk pregnancy center and they will do all major scans / testing. i've heard people say OBs may, at minimum, use doppler to check FHR.  ((shrugs))  it's all still new to me too. 

i definitely wouldn't get your hopes up too much for that first visit. it's a drastic change from IVF/FET care. i think i just read a bump article that said the average PG woman in the US gets 3-4 scans (8w, 12w, 20w)... in the UK, it's only two! (12 and 20w).
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Hello Everyone. I am new to posting but have been following this thread since we went through our frozen transfer on 10/29. Today was my second ultrasound. First ultrasound showed one gestational sac at 5 weeks 1 day. Today there were two gestational sacs one measuring 7 weeks 4 days and another measuring 5 weeks 6 days. Thoughts on outcomes? I also have a large SCH that my doctor pointed out but I have had zero bleeding or pain. Love reading all of the posts and pregnancy progress talks. Such a fun time! 
  • welcome @lundborgej9! and congratulations on your great US! I think @annielmartinez has experience and knowledge on that and should be able to answer you! but that's a very exciting news! when are you getting released from RE?
  • @lundborgej9 welcome to the board!  Did your RE mention anything about the 2nd sac? I have no idea about multiples but hopefully you will have some definitive answers soon. I'm glad your SCH hasn't caused any issues. I know a lot of ladies who have had them have been told that they can go away on their own. Hopefully that's the case for yoU!

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • He mentioned that the second gestational sac could go either way at this point. So possibly twins or possibly the smaller one will be absorbed. We have another ultrasound in 2 weeks. I switched over to my normal OB post transfer. He felt comfortable managing me, and my fertility doc was 4 hours away. Our fertility doc also accidentally thawed our two least quality embryos by accident for our transfer,  so I was happy to be done with her as soon as possible. Nausea has been my only symptom so far so I am thankful for that. Hope you are all feeling well. Thanks for letting me join the thread. 
  • @lundborgej9 WOW! glad that you still had a great outcome after that mistake on the embryo! That also tell us that embryo grade don't really matter for the ladies that are still concerned about their embryo grades. and I would have been ready to switch too! especially with the long distance drive! keep us posted and GL! are you ready for twins or would you just prefer one baby?
  • @lundborgej9 - glad you feel comfortable with your ob! I think that makes all of the difference. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lundborgej9
      --tw--
    We saw two HB at our first scan, but our RE cautioned that even with the HB, 30-40 percent early twin pregnancies have a "vanishing twin" and become singleton pregnancies. So, I was prepared for either way and it did turn out that one twin stopped developing. If that happens, be prepared for some complicated feelings since you're so grateful that one is healthy. I found that I didn't really grieve the loss and I felt really guilty about that, especially since people expressed sympathy and regrets when I told them it was a vanishing twin. (Mostly told because everyone asked me if I had the blood test that tells gender and I couldn't have it because of the vanishing twin would affect results.) Now that my baby girl is here, I do sometimes wonder what her twin would have been like.

My first scan was at 6 weeks and a few days; my second scan at 7 weeks and a few days showed that the one hadn't grown at all and HB stopped. So if it happens, it will happen pretty early on. If that is what occurs, the sac won't be absorbed for another 5-10 weeks....they could still see it (empty and small) on my 12 week scan but it was gone at the 15 week scan. 

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Hello ladies! Just came back from U/S, it went great! Baby is on target 8w0d and HBR was 170!
  • @babydust2507 - yay!!! i bet that is a relief

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @babydust2507 congratulations 
  • @babydust2507 yay! Congratulations 
  • thank you ladies! when is your next appt @sarac986?
  • My OB appointment  is 12/10. Just shy of 10 weeks.  Also, spotting  again today... :|
  • @sarac986 I've been spotting too. I hate it! next and last appt with RE is 12/12. FX!
  • @sarac986 - Have you asked your OB about spotting or are you waiting until you go on the 12th? HOpefully it's just light. I know they tell us not to worry but that's not possible. 

@babydust2507 - same for you, they aren't worried about the spotting right? 

How is everyone feeling? I'm exhausted today. It doesn't help that I get up at 5ish and the sun doesnt come up in Phoenix until around 7 so waking up is rough! lol! my NT scan is scheduled for Monday so I feel like I will feel more relaxed once that is done. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413, they are not worried about the spotting tthey keep saying it's normal that some women experience spotting thru their 1st trimester and as long as it doesn't fill a panty liner I don't have to worry either and I had great U/S. but it's hard not to worry especially with my m/c history. Going back next Wednesday and hope the good news will continue to come. I feel tired as well and struggling with the nausea all day everyday, ugh! 
  • Not worried  about spotting either. Mostly brown (gross)...said it was most likely due to things settling in. They drew blood to make sure levels were good just in case 
  • @Griffin5413 I had some spotting on week 7 and they said that a lot of FET patients get more spotting then what you would in a normal pregnancy.

I had my last appointment at RE 11/28 my OB won't see me until 12/19 (I'll see the nurse) so anxiety is high. I feel like I just need another sonogram but they said normal pregnancies only get 1 max 2 and I already had 4 :(

I feel tired all the time, still not able to eat meats so basically getting by on rice, beans, lentils, fruits and vegies. Has anyone having issues with eating?
  • *lurking* @knottie829c Yes, I can relate to the eating thing! In the beginning, all I wanted was eggs and avocados, then I couldn't stand them and went on to pasta / comfort foods. I will say now at 24 weeks, I have gotten back to eating more normal. So, hopefully, you'll get back to your normal eating habits soon :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @knottiee829c I won't see my OB till 12/20, so I totally understand! but I asked my RE to be seen one more time and they accepted so my last appt with RE is tomorrow. I'm always anxious when I have an appt, afraid that they're  gonna tell me that my baby stop growing or something crazy. Hope to continue getting good news. As far as eating, my nausea are mild and when I crave for something after I eat I'm always disappointed and feel disgusted because it never tastes the way I thought it would but I kinda force myself eating right now, not enjoying the food at all 
  • @kristimh80 I just wanna say that you girls that are so far along in the pregnancy and still check in are awesome! I admire that! you are a great resource and it's so good to have people like you around as most ladies stop interacting after they get their BFP. I hope I will be able to keep up like you! because I really believe it's comforting to have people with more experience around, especially when you still early/1st time in the process 
  • @babydust2507 we're anxiously waiting for you to move over to PAIF... :)
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @babydust2507 It's my pleasure! We have been in your shoes and get the worries and little things...esp in the beginning! I was blessed with some amazing girls way ahead of me that did the same and found it very comforting. Always here if you need anything and yes come hang out in PAIF soon!! <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited December 2018
    OMG @northbeach3 my heart started racing when I read your comment lol, not sure if I'm ready for that yet. still taking on day at the time! I have my graduation with RE tomorrow and I'm still anxious about it and thinking the worse. it's terrible that feeling, I wanna enjoy it and be able to talk about it with friends, family, coworkers but at the same time I'm like what if after telling a whole world I go to my next appt and they tell me the baby stopped growing again, I don't wanna have to tell all these people what happened and stuff and don't wanna have to go thru that again... but i hope I will join you guys soon, meanwhile FX for tomorrow!  ;)
    Thank you @kristimh80 I really appreciate that! 
  • I graduated from RE! Baby is fine and was wiggling a whole lot, couldn't even take a good picture of him/her. HBR was still 170 and baby measuring 1 day ahead! so I'll be seeing RE's wife next Thursday!
  • Well ladies, today is the day that i no longer need medicine.  No more shots...and i can say, my poor butt couldn't  be happier.  Its always nerve wracking  for the first little bit but i am able to hear this little girls HB on the doppler  so that is comforting.  I can say time is fyling by with this little girl especially  since i aleady have a 2yo. I may be a little less active but it doesnt mean i dont still care about all your precious babies.  Please stay calm and enjoy your time being pregnant  and good luck to the ladies who still have a journey ahead of them. 
  • @sarac986 yay! my last day is tomorrow ! I can't waitttttttttttttttttttttt!
  • congrats on the graduation from the RE and PIO, ladies! every little milestone counts.

i know it's way stressful, @babydust2507. i was starting to feel a little more reassured after 13w scan and good results from NIPT... but then i had a scary dream last night that i was at the doctor's office and they couldn't find the HB.  IF screws our minds up forever!!  we're all taking it day by day.

• @northbeach3 I know!!!!!!!!! like every time I  go to the RE and they insert the probe I stare at the monito like WHERE IS MY BABY! DO YOU SEE HIM/HER? IS THERE A HB! until it shows on the screen, that's a horrible feeling! I hate it! and want it to be over so I can enjoy my pregnancy and relax! I'm even jealous of calm pregnant women that don't know nothing about what we're going through and all the unexpected risks of pregnancy. I hate that feeling, seriously! 
  • @babydust2507 I can relate. I just want to be able to relax and enjoy but is impossible. I overanalyze every feeling and I just worry a lot
     I'm stopping my Estradiol on Wednesday and lower my PIO to 1 CC - so scared   
  • @knottiee829c I took my last PIO and estrace last friday (10 weeks) cold turkey! and I'm scared too! but the nausea is reassuring me. I can't wait to go to my OB appt and make sure that everything is ok and the placenta took over properly. They did see the umbilical cord though at my last appt with RE but I don't know if umbilical cord means that the placenta is fully formed, I forgot to ask! 
  • @babydust2507 WOW congratulations on stopping all meds. Is a big step. I'm not sure but my RE has me on 2 CC of POI until 11 weeks then 1 week at 1 CC so stopiing at 12 weeks. can't wait, my but is sore haha but at the same time having the shoots give me peace of mind (just in case).

I did see the umbilical cords on my last appt. but I didn't ask either haha. I have my fist OB appt on wednesday