Week 3 check-in w/o 11/26

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? 

Re: Week 3 check-in w/o 11/26

• Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? Anatomy scan today, and I'm so flippin anxious.

Rants/Raves? My hips huuuuurrrrt.

How are you feeling? Mostly ok.

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving?  Actually, pretty nice. Maybe the first Thanksgiving where I have not been super stressed out & overwhelmed by our families!

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Due date: 4/15 

Any appointments? Questions? US today at 3. Can't wait to see my guys.

Rants/Raves? Rave: I am like, 95% sure I can feel at least Baby A moving. It's really only at night at this point but I felt what felt like some kicks or punches the past few evenings. Rant: I just feel crummy! My feet are starting to swell up if I stand too long, my stomach will be hard and tight at the end of each day, and I get headaches if I go too long without eating, but I still have little appetite.

How are you feeling? See rant above. 

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? Great - lots of family time, some productivity. 

@wildcosmiclove good luck at your AS today!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? GD appt tomorrow and AS on Thursday!!

Rants/Raves? I'm having a really hard time with food. The GD diet itself isn't that difficult, but my aversions are making it more so. And everything tastes so weird. Everything. I do think i'm feeling the baby more but i feel like the motion is making me feel sick. Like this kid is constantly doing flips or rolls or somersaults.

How are you feeling? Awful. I spent all yesterday feeling super nauseous and had soup for lunch. My stomach feels like it's constantly on a roller coaster. My sinus infection is finally going away, but i still have a lot of mucus and stuff and it's still triggering my gag reflex, so i'm still dry heaving/gagging a lot and throwing up some.

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? I was doped up on Robitussin and got in a nap. Which is really all i was hoping for.

Is it April yet?
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? Anatomy scan #2 tomorrow to get more views of baby’s heart. 

Rants/Raves? Nothing really.

How are you feeling? I caught a cold which sucks, but other than that I’m actually feeling great

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? Awesome. I had to stay in bed all of Friday because of this cold but Thursday was a blast with all my in laws. Saturday they took us to the polar express for DD and there was a bit of drama with my stupid future sister in law but if I pretend that never happened, it was a great trip. 

• Ugh, @thatbaintforbetty all of that really sucks. I'm so sorry.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Hi... I’m new here! I was very hesitant to join (anxious about privacy and such) but I’ve decided I’d really love to have a support group around me that is experiencing the same things... :)

Due Date: 4/16

Any Appointments? Questions? Just had our AS appointment last week, so no upcoming appointments for awhile. But I found out we are having a girl! I was so shocked, I really truly thought it was a boy!

Rants/Raves? DH and I were having such a hard time coming up with boy names we both likes, so I’m feeling excited that we get to focus on girls names now, so much easier for us!

How are you feeling? Actually, super great!! Other than minor heart burn and back pain I’m feeling really good. Love love feeling my little one kick and move.

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? Great!! Ate too much food and enjoyed time with family. I love this time of year.
  • Due date: April 16

Any appointments? Questions? Anatomy scan last week!!!!! I have a follow up US in 2 weeks to check on my low-lying placenta.

Rants/Raves? It was such a relief to see a happy, healthy baby! LO was wiggling around like crazy and I swear they were doing some form of yoga because they were folded completely in half, lol. Got some precious US pictures as well as a creepy Skeletor straight-on face shot.  <3

How are you feeling? Okay actually. I'm getting back into the low-fat diet groove so I am having less digestive issues, but still dealing with heartburn with every meal.

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? TERRIBLE. The whole family had the stomach flu. Luckily I have avoided catching it so far, but DH is useless with cleaning (much less disinfecting) and I am terrified to touch anything. Luckily I can just lock myself in the basement and avoid the contaminated areas.

• Due date: 4/19

AS this Friday and I can't wait! I'm always really excited for appointments, but then the day of, I'm overwhelmed by anxiety, so just trying to stay in a positive state of mind. 

Rants/Raves? 

I've really been struggling with my job. I'm a social worker and deal with a lot of tough stuff, specifically with kiddos, so the further along I get in my pregnancy, the more sensitive I'm feeling. I really focus on trying to stay in a peaceful place and not get sucked into the trauma and crises that are part of my job. Literally counting down the days until I can go on leave. 

How are you feeling? 

Pretty good. However on Thursday/Friday of last week I had the most horrible sciatica back pain- like literally couldn't walk, in tears level of pain. I've never really had back pain so it was really scary, but after lying on the couch with a hot pad for hours it got better and was completely gone the next day- thank goodness! 

How was your Thanksgiving? 

Awesome! Yummy food and relaxation. 

• Due date: 4/21

Any appointments? Questions? AS tomorrow, dying of nervousness.

Rants/Raves? Switching from ACA to Medicaid and having an appointment tomorrow makes things VERY complicated. Don't know if they will force us to pay the subsidy we get for November as they have backdated my Medicaid coverage.

How are you feeling? Fine except how nervous I am about insurance.

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? So wonderful! Spent with a group of friends and a juicy 42lb turkey we raised ourselves.

Me: 29 DW: 44
  • @sunny_native14 I’m a social worker too and most days I’m so exhausted it’s not even funny. I’m a decade in and there are definitely days where I wonder if I made the right decision. 

Due date: 4/20

Any appointments? Questions? I had a Doppler check last Wednesday, all is good. I have the a/s a week from this Friday. I’m pretty excited to see little man again.

Rants/Raves? Rant: we are potty training DD, no more else needs to be said besides I am determined to get hardwoods throughout our home now. Rave: I have an active little man in there.

How are you feeling? Pretty good, I get hip pain at night from sleeping too long on one side and insomnia comes and goes but overall, I can’t complain.

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving?  It was fun! We spent the day with my family. I’m glad we brought a ham because the smell of turkey was not doing it fo me. 

• Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? Prenatal follow up on Thursday

Rants/Raves?  She's starting to really kick me and it's so wild to finally feel strong movement <3

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good these days so no complaints!

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? It was wonderful, I got to see both my parents and DH's. Currently drowning in leftovers lol

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? AS tomorrow! I’m excited and slightly nervous.

Rants/Raves? Nada

How are you feeling? Great! I’m sure everyone is sick of hearing me say that. I’m just comparing to my previous two pregnancies and this one has been such a treat lol

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? It was good. We traveled too much. But we did spend our first thanksgiving with my biological family so that was awesome. I’m adopted and found them this past May. We also went to my parents and DH’s mom’s. Nobody lives anywhere near us lol

• Due date: 4/17

Any appointments? Questions? I'm sad my AS got moved to Dec 11 because of stupid insurance.  ;(  I have an appointment with my midwife Wednesday, so at least I can hear baby's heart beat!

Rants/Raves? I really don't like dealing with insurance.

How are you feeling? Hanging in there.  Running has felt a little weird so I'm just scaling back a little. 

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? It had it's ups and downs.  Food was fabulous!  We traveled which turned out just fine with flights and weather.  Staying with family can be challenging at time!  But I survived!  ;)
  • Due date: April 18

Any appointments? Questions? I have my anatomy scan coming up December 5.

Rants/Raves? I haven't been around much since the beginning of last week, when I asked in the symptoms thread about blurred vision, slurred speech, numbness around my mouth, etc. Definitely not pregnancy symptoms. I called the OB nurse's line and she told me to get to the emergency room. After lots of tests and such, they think I had a TIA (mini-stroke). We've since checked on baby (who's totally fine) and I haven't had any recurring episodes but I'm being further evaluated for risk factors that would make it likely to happen again. For now, I'm on a daily baby aspirin to try to prevent clots. But for future reference: not all symptoms you may experience are pregnancy related and if something seems off to you, call your doctor! 

How are you feeling? Better now. I'm at a point that I can't get comfortable when I'm laying down. My hips and lower back are killing me. 

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? I slept through half of it, so it was glorious. 

• @chrissdee that's really serious and I'm glad to hear you're doing better! 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• @chrissdee I'm so glad you got checked out! So scary!
  • @chrissdee so unexpected for women our age and a great reminder to refresh myself on stroke symptoms! I’m glad you’re getting treatment and evaluation!
  • @chrissdee how scary! Glad they are monitoring you and doing what they can to prevent further problems. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Due date: 4/21

Any appointments? Questions? AS on Thursday can’t wait to see the little guy I hope everything is going okay  

Rants/Raves? Started feeling him kick and move last week  I’d been feeling little somethings but wasn’t sure but now when I lie down after eating I definitely feel kicks it’s cool! But usually when I put my hand on it it stops immediately 🙄

How are you feeling? FINALLY feeling a little better and less zombie exhausted

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? Awesome so fun and relaxing being taken care of by family. 

• Due date:  4/14

Any appointments? Questions?  AS was this morning! I have an active little bun in the oven and it took the full hour because baby wasn't cooperating -- may have to go back again to get the full heart chamber images, TBD.  

Rants/Raves?  Was so fun and such a relief to get past the 20 week scan!  Though was not looking forward to stepping on that scale the week after Thanksgiving...

How are you feeling?  Can't complain!  Though still wouldn't turn down a nap. 

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? Great, we visited my family back east.  Except we got stuck in the airport for 24 hours trying to get back to Chicago after the storm on Monday....all I kept thinking was, "thank god we don't have a baby with us!"  I felt so bad for the families there with little ones....oh the joys to look forward to...

• @chrissdee I'm glad you have answers and that you and LO are ok. Please keep taking care of yourself. 
  • @chrissdee lurking from week 4 - just wanted to say glad they're keeping an eye on things and hope you're doing better!
  • Due date: April 20th (it changed again because of different systems of measuring... so weird, but now its based on head size which they say is what they go by here). 

We finally had our AS on Tuesday and it was lovely!  We're having two little boys <3<3 (@MRDCle we're joining you!) We were unsure if we were gonna check for gender, but it was pretty obvious in the scans  :D. The nurse kept saying: 100% boy! and even took pictures of their genitals lol. She was very excited about everything. We haven't told family and friends yet though, and may wait a bit, at least until christmas. Need to decide how to deal with grand parent expectations and potential disappointments both around not having any girl grand children (my mom) and maybe not doing the traditional ceremonies expected for boys (DH's family). It feels crazy to have to worry about these things, especially since we have two healthy little cute fellows in there that we are super excited about, but yeah... family... Besides that, the boys were growing perfectly and were pretty much exactly the same size which is great news. 

Rants/Raves? How are you feeling?

It's been a bit of a tough week here because DH had to take off to Canada for his grandmother's funeral and I was home alone for 5 days and starting to feel increasingly tired in my body + had a yeast infection that was waking me up at night (so painful!). Even just going to the grocery store felt like a conquest. That's the rant... on the rave side though: We got to see the babies!! And once the nurse had showed me where they were lying I realized that I had been feeling twin 1 push with his feet! And now I feel like there's slight tumbling happening in there more frequently! Also, I'm decorating the apartment for christmas! So exciting, + my best friend from Canada is coming to visit with her boyfriend this weekend, and it'll be their first time in Sweden, and I'm super excited to show her everything and go out for good food and christmas markets etc. Yeeey!

GTKY: How was your Thanksgiving? 

We don't celebrate thanksgiving, but I did make some lemon chicken with mashed sweet potatoes which DH thought counted at least as eating fowl :) Besides that it was not a great weekend, but I did buy some cute baby sleepingbags for the stroller on sale.

• @honey_suckle ahh yay boys! I'm glad you finally got your scan and most importantly, that they're both growing well and looking healthy. Sorry about feeling rough, though I have an inkling that it's kinda gonna go downhill from here for us, ha :D