2nd Trimester Check-in w/o November 26th

kristimh80kristimh80 member
edited November 2018 in Pregnant after IF
Happy last week of November! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  <3 

• How far along? EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week? 
  • Rants/Raves/Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments? 
  • GTKY: What's your favorite thing you've purchased for baby?
  • Feel free to share a HDBD pic!

Mommies to be:

@darkstar42 2/13 BOY!

@More14 2/17 GIRL!

@JamieH2000 2/20 BOY!

@halips 2/24 BOY!

@Drove2u 3/23 BOY!

@kristimh80 3/28 GIRL!

@uterusdreams 3/29 GIRL!

@scikap 4/2 BOY!

@madasm0530 4/20 BOY!

bpietronicco  5/15 BOY!

Please, also let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here! ❤❤❤

TTC #1 since April 2015
June 2016 - CP
2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
ERA Cycle May / June 2018
ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
EDD March 28, 2019
Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in w/o November 26th

• How far along? EDD? 22 weeks 4 days
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling good. Heel pain is getting worse, so will hunting shoe inserts this week. 
    • Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: Mom finally made it to TX and is moving into her home this week. Sad rant: A girl I went thru IVF with lost her baby last Monday night at 36 weeks. It's so incredibly sad, I can't even imagine. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB this Friday and hospital Open House on Saturday. 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite thing you've purchased for baby? Favorite thing so far has been flowers for above the crib. It seems they have brought the room look together. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• How far along? EDD?  15 + 5/ 5/15 with a boy! 
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling okay- hardly any symptoms- hoping all is okay but super nervous. 
    • Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next appt is Dec 4 but seems years away 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite thing you've purchased for baby?  We haven’t purchased anything- not sure if I will until after the baby is born. We have most of the big stuff still from my daughter 5 years ago. 
  • Loading the player...
    • How far along? EDD? 23 weeks! 
    • How are you feeling this week? Fine. Nothing to complain about. 
    • Rants/Raves/Questions? hmmm I don't think so. Had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Looking forward to Christmas break now. Although found out this weekend that we will be hosting christmas eve dinner. kinda nervous, since it'll be my first time, I'll be pretty well pregnant lol and have a toddler. Oh well, will see how it goes.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Fetal Echo on Dec 3 and regular obgyn on Dec 5.
    • GTKY: What's your favorite thing you've purchased for baby? We haven't bought anything yet. All we will need to buy is a double stroller and some other bed. Either a toddler bed for my DD or a new crib for the little man. But that's not till later. 
    @kristimh80 first, I would like to say that I LOVED your announcement. So sooo cute!! and so artistic. :-) 
    That is so sad about your friend. I'm so sorry. Was there a reason/warning signs? Or was everything going great for her? makes me so nervous. 

bpietronicco yay for a boy!! and count your blessings for no symptoms. that's what everyone tells me and I am always grateful that I feel well. Dec 4 will be here in no time. :-) it'll go by fast. promise! 
  • @bpietronicco Yay for a boy!! Seems like we have a good boys group here :)

@Drove2u Awe thank you! <3 As for my friend, the umbilical cord wrapped around several times. It's very rare incident, so don't stress over it. Just sad she was born over 6lbs and would have been just fine. I wish I could just understand why. 

I'm jealous of you girls not having to buy much. I feel overwhelmed with all the mess we still need  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 so heart breaking. I can't even imagine! 
  • @kristimh80
    I have a friend who went through a late term loss recently (not a cord accident as far as I know though). It is absolutely nightmarish. And totally unfair and super rare. I can't imagine what these ladies are going through :neutral:

It's actually  not too bad to not have much when baby arrives - Target and Amazon are pretty good resources and you end up not buying a bunch of stuff the baby doesn't like and have a better idea of what you need. What I didn't know I needed? A million burp cloths or bibs.  My favorites are the burpy bibs that you can use as a cloth or a snap-close bib depending on what you need. Very nice for when you start doing solids also since the bib is basically a smock over their clothes :smile:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @kristimh80 so sad about your friend. I couldn’t even imagine a loss like that- my somewhat early losses were devastating enough.  My heart goes out to them. 

Also- you will need about 1/3 of the items you think you need - like @mbradfo2 said- there is always Amazon (I did a lot of diapers.com when I had my daughter- they have since been bought by amazon). 
  • @kristimh80- I loved your annoucement too! Did you get quite the amazing response? I was so surprised when we announced. That is SO sad about your friend. I'm still terrified of something happening, just PTSD after everything. Movement helps, but i don't feel much during the day and it makes me so nervous.

@bpietronicco- Dec 4th seems far away, but i hope the next 8 days go fast! Will they do a scan or just doppler?

@drove2u- we are hosting my husbands family for christmas (on 12/15 though) and I am making him handle most of the cooking! Is your family expecting a fancy meal? or can you do something you can make beforehand- like lasagna or tacos or anything?

• How far along? EDD? I guess I may be third tri now?! But still checking in with you ladies one more time :) I am 27+5 today!
    • How are you feeling this week? Well apparently morning sickness is still a thing, even at this point.and Heartburn continues to be a downer every night. But I feel bad even complaining really. I overall still feel mostly just blessed to be this far. I think anyone who has gone through IF can handle the physical stuff- the emotional stuff is 10X harder for me at least.
    • Rants/Raves/Questions? Nervous for my GD test on Friday- mainly just throwing up the drink. Part of me wonders if my morning sickness is really just low blood sugar in the mornings. I struggle to eat much at night, given the full feeling and HB. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? See above
    • GTKY: What's your favorite thing you've purchased for baby? Its not in yet, and I hope I love it, but probably our glider for the nursery. We haven't bought much else yet since I still have my three showers coming up!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • JamieH2000 keep checking in with us. :-) And I'm so sorry you're dealing with morning sickness still. that really sucks. and good luck on your GD test! Let us know how it goes. 
    So my situation is kinda different and we have very specific foods we eat during christmas most of which I don't even know how to make! ha! but it's a 12 course meal. I mean everyone is helping me out so it'll be great. but even besides the food, just a lot of work you know? Still, I'm very excited because I never thought we would host a holiday and we are! I'm thrilled and excited! but no doubt it'll be exhausting. 
  • @JamieH2000 Good to see you here still! Good luck on Friday...FX there's nothing to worry about! I agree with the emotional stuff, though physically I feel like an 80 yr old late 1/2 the time lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @drove2u- o wow, that is crazy! I have never even eaten a 12 course meal. I'm sure you will do great- and hopefully people will cut you a little slack since its your first time and you are preggo! You will have to share your menu with us sometime!

@kristimh80- thank you! with each week I am starting to feel more and more like an 80 year old! I can't believe how tired I look already. If I could just sleep a little better, I could handle the rest! I didn't expect to feel this big/tired/etc at only 27/28 weeks. Hopefully its just a growth spurt and I will get used to it and have some good weeks still before the end!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 it will just be a doppler- as my insurance doesn’t cover many u/s- they will be scheduling my level 2 with the mfm while at the appt.   I will have less anxiety once I hear the heartbeat on the Doppler even if not a full scan.  I can’t bring myself to buy my own though because I think it would cause more worry if I can’t find the heartbeat. 
  • @bpietronicco Def wait to get a doppler later on. At the beginning, I remb I had to really seach for the HB, now it's pretty easy to find and reassuring. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Hi everyone!! I feel so behind, I don't like the app on my phone so I usually use my desktop for Bumping, but I've been off work for several days and so haven't been around. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and long weekend. :) We had a huge snowstorm Sunday night into Monday, so ended up with a snow day yesterday (my daughter's school closed AND the school where I work closed). It was a nice long weekend but I'm so excited to be back into our "normal" routine today.

@kristimh80 I'm so sorry to hear that about your friend - so tragic. <3 
    @Drove2u Your fetal echo will be here before you know it! And thankfully you have almost a month (and lots of ladies here to help!) to plan the Christmas Eve dinner. I really like the idea of just a bunch of fun hors d'oeuvres instead of a sit-down fancy dinner, what about something like that? 
    • How far along? EDD? 22 weeks, 4 days today. EDD still March 29!
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling pretty good! Still dealing with a minor cold/cough (a dry cough, which is so annoying), but other than that feeling good.
    • Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: Not pregnancy related, but I found a new deep conditioner/hair mask that I'm LOVING - my hair feels so soft and healthy! No rants or questions this week (yet).
    • Any upcoming appointments? Had my fetal echo yesterday - it went really well, and after the doctor came in after reviewing the images she was basically like, "Everything looks great, no concerns here!" and I was like... "That's it?!" I mean I'm really glad there are no concerns, but I also feel like she may have been in a hurry and so I feel a little unsettled. Could be that I'm just in disbelief that it's all good news, but I think I'm going to call her today or tomorrow and just ask if we can go through things in more detail. But YAY good news. :smiley:
    • GTKY: What's your favorite thing you've purchased for baby? The only thing I've purchased so far is a onesie from Target that says, "Nice to meet you" so that's my default favorite! But it's really cute. :smile:
    • Feel free to share a HDBD pic! Here I am last Wednesday (so 21 weeks 5 days). Huge picture, sorry!

• JamieH2000 ok will do! Some of them are little things—soup, an appetizer. So it’s not like 12 HUGE meals.

bpietronicco I usually find peace in just a Doppler at the OBGYNs as well. With my first preg, not counting the RE, I only had two ultrasounds. One at 12 weeks and the anatomy scan. That’s it. And would just have Dopplers at every monthly appt and then every two weeks/every week later on.

uterusdreams So happy to hear about your fetal echo!! Awesome news. oooh snowstorm?? Where do you live again? We had one in NJ/NY/PA a couple weeks back. No one was expecting it to be as bad as it was. Not fun! And yes, fetal echo is coming up very soon. And then we will make our announcement on social media.Ugh, I wish I can get away with doing an apps only Christmas eve event. My mom would KILL me lol. It has to be a sit down dinner with very specific traditional foods. So no choice in that. The good news is that the menu is always planned already. Lol. I’m definetly going to make this as easy as possible on myself and have everyone pitch in with the food, have the cleaning lady come right before etc. Your EDD is just a few days after mine. I’m march 23. Your bump is super adorable!!

• 23 weeks and 3 days 
  • @drove2u Thank you!! We're right outside of Chicago (western suburbs). The bonus of having the snow day yesterday was I didn't have to use any sick time for my fetal echo (which is awesome because I don't have a lot saved up yet for leave)! I ended up leaving a voicemail on the nurses line just now asking for the doctor to give me a call to go over the results - I was like, "I'm really glad things look good but I still had some questions." They probably think I'm neurotic but oh well. I'll feel better once I talk to her I think! 
    And that's good that at least the menu is set already, bummer about the apps though - I love appetizers. ;) What is on the menu? And wouldn't it be fun if our babies got here on the same day?? I know they'll have their own timelines, but hey - it would be fun. Love your bump - we look about the same size (which makes sense)!

• @kristimh80 glad to hear you are feeling good! Hopefully the shoe inserts work! So sad to hear about your friend, breaks my heart :(
    @bpietronicco glad you're feeling well! and yay for Boys!
    @Drove2u good luck with Christmas eve dinner! For our family, the host just supplies the main dish (meat), drinks and rolls. Everyone else has to make side dishes. Is there a way to break up the courses and have other family help??
    @JamieH2000 good luck with your GD test! I hope you get some relief from the heartburn soon, I only get it occasionally and tums work for me, so anything worse would be torture, sorry!! As for the complaining... I feel liek this daily. When I complain about lack or sleep or my hips hurting, I feel like I always have to preface it with how grateful I am to be this far along. Like somehow I'm not allowed to complain as much, does that make sense? Anyway, don't feel bad complaining here. You are entitled too it, and we all understand!
    @uterusdreams yay for a great fetal echo! And what a cute bump!!

Hi Ladies!
    • How far along? EDD? 27w 4 days! last week in 2nd tri!
    • How are you feeling this week? Just tired,good otherwise
    • Rants/Raves/Questions? Raves- I passed my 1hr glucose test! My birthday and first shower were great and so was the whole trip home to Ohio! (some pics below) Rant- I'm so tired. Also my blood work says I'm anemic so iron supplements were prescribed. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB on Dec 6
    • GTKY: What's your favorite thing you've purchased for baby? Um, probably the yellow rug lol. The color just makes me happy!
    • Feel free to share a HDBD pic! Not bump pics, but I've included pics of my "country Christmas" themed shower. My family is from a very rural town in NE Ohio so the shower was held at the local community center. My mom, dad and step mom made all the food, decorations, favors etc. It was SO adorable. The center pieces were made my my dad and given away to guests. My mom made peppermint bark as favors and my step mom did a hot chocolate bar.  The last pic is of the bookshelf my brother made. I love it so much!
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @halips Your baby shower is / was adorable!! So glad you had a good time and family did such sweet things for you! Sad to know it's your last week with us, but excited for you!!! I'll probably still tag you in next week's updates...blonde and preggo make me super forgetful LOL
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Wow busy week - just realized it's Wed and I haven't checked in here since last week! I have a ton going on - really busy at my day job, plus I've been picking up some freelance work on the side (which I'm going to have to stop soon because my energy is flagging quite a bit in the evenings)!

How far along? EDD?
    22 weeks 2 days (April 1)

How are you feeling this week? 
    Good. Some days I feel like I'm really dragging, but others I'm just fine. Overall nothing to complain about!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Is anyone else freaked out by their belly button popping out? I don't know why but I find it so weird and I'm watching obsessively day to day lol. I wish I'd taken a picture every day so I could make a weird time lapse video later. 

Any upcoming appointments? 
    OB in two weeks, + glucose test

GTKY: What's your favorite thing you've purchased for baby?
    We picked up our stroller & car seat in a black friday sale so that's pretty exciting!!
    About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• @scikap lol I keep waiting for that belly button thing to happen, but don't feel like mine has changed too much so far. Maybe due to a long torso, but I always think it's cute when I see people like that. I maybe just weird  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @halips Thank you! And what a super cute shower, I love it!

FYI for anyone who is interested, I ended up talking to the MFM doctor this morning after I had left her a voicemail yesterday to follow up to my echo. I got to ask her the specific questions I had (which was basically, "So all of the parts are there and the right size and the blood flow is good and there's not even a tiny defect?!" - because I am apparently a slightly neurotic heart mom lol). But she confirmed all of that, but then said that because the heart is dynamic, it can't hurt to do another fetal echo around 30-32 weeks, so she put the order in. She had previously said that it's VERY unlikely that something major would develop later int he pregnancy, so maybe she just put the order in for my peace of mind, but either way - I feel good after our conversation and it will be good to have another (hopefully) good ultrasound showing that things are still how they should be! 

• @uterusdreams and @drove2u- very cute bumps pics!! Love them!

@halips- thanks! I know you guys get it. I don't necessarily feel bad complaining, but i legit just feel like it could be SO much worse (like still not being pregnant) that no matter how crappy I feel, it just doesn't compare! I hope I can keep this perspective when I am totally sleep deprived and baby is crying! haha. I love your shower! Christmas bark is one of my favorite treats :)

@scikap- I am 28 weeks now and mine hasn't fully popped yet, but it has been interesting watching it grow out. In a way, it kinda makes me feel "skinny" since when I was little I had an outie until puberty when i got a little more layer in my middle and it became an innie haa.
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @uterusdreams So glad you were able to speak with you MFM! That's great that she ordered another fetal echo...peace of mind after IF is so comforting! My MFM after my 1st AS and echo had me come back and it was so nice just seeing things progressing as they should and made us feel so much better :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• uterusdreams Chicago! oh cool! Although cold. Haha its great that you’re asking questions and we’re allowed to be neurotic! So you will be doing a second echo? Yes would be tons of fun to have babies on the same day. I may know sooner than expected when the baby will arrive. Will most likely be scheduling a C-Section in the next few days.

@halips Thanks! Yes, family is totally helping in preparing the food!! Thank goodness! Can’t believe you’re moving onto 3rd tri soon. So exciting! And love love your baby shower. How fun that it was Christmas themed.

@scikap hilarious about the time lapse of the belly button. Somebody needs to do that. Lol what a funny, great idea.

JamieH2000 when is your surgery? Or is it being done after the baby is born?

For those interested, here is a little explanation of what we make for Christmas Eve dinner. https://homespun-kennedy.blogspot.com/2012/12/12-dishes-of-ukrainian-christmas-eve.html

have my fetal echo Monday and then regular ObGYN appt Wednesday which i will probably be scheduling my C-section. so big week coming up! Also planning on announcing our pregnancy on social media once/if the fetal echo is ok! 

• @uterusdreams also glad you were able to speak with your MFM. I've found that most MFM's are super conscious of our concerns and need for extra reassurance. So glad you get to go for another echo!

@Drove2u Good luck on your echo and with scheduling the c-section! Your menu sounds delicious!! My gram's family is Slovakian, and some of the dishes sounds very similar to ones that she makes. Enjoy!

Work has again surprised me with being over the top supportive and helpful. They bought me a surface, so that I can work from home whenever the weather is bad or I'm not feeling well going forward. (I drive about 1hr 20min each way). With the crap weather Chicagoland has been having lately, it was timed perfectly. 
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @halips yes Slovakian is very similar! food is delicious but literally a full time job to make everything so everyone pitches in. no way, i can actually work a full time job, have a toddler AND cook all of this. so it's really nice that everyone else will be helping out. That's amazing how accommodating your work has been. What do you do again? If you don't feel comfortable answering, that's ok. just curious. :-) I plan on working from home every day a month before my due date/c-section. I work from home now 2 times a week because my commute to NYC is two hours each way. 
  • @Drove2u Yes, so glad your family is pitching in. That would be near impossible otherwise!
    I'm the Director of a Municipal Parks & Rec Department. So I work for a Village essentially, doing Park District work. They've always been flexible with comp time and such, but are just going beyond what I had expected this time. Though, I have been here since the start of our IVF journey, so many of them have seen the ups and downs and are a bit invested :) And 2 hours each way sounds horrible, so glad you have the flexibility to work from home!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @drove2u- wow what a dinner! so glad people will pitch in. Seems like a fun tradition. My family has alot of appetizers/hor'douerves, but nothing like that! I had my minor mole surgery on Tuesday. Went pretty smoothly. Worst part was the numbing shots that burned. Just a little sore now when I move, but hoping it will heal mostly before delivery. I get my stitches out in two weeks!

I had a bit of an eventful afternoon and thought I would share since I was so on the fence about calling. Starting this past weekend/monday/tuesday, I had noticed alot of sudden swelling in my calves, feet and hands. I also gained 6 lbs in 4 days, which was definitely water weight. I have an appt on Friday, so I just thought I would bring it up then. However yesterday my calves were hurting pretty bad even if my feet elevated, so I decided to just call and check. Turns out they were pretty concerned and had me come in to L&D right away. My blood pressure was high ( like 150's over 90s) so they ran all the pre-e laps. Thankfully all of them came back good and after 2 hours my blood pressure finally got down to 130s over 80s. So now I am just taking it easier and will see what my OB says on Friday. Maybe just more frequent blood pressure checks.

Anyways, I felt silly for calling and going in since nothing was really wrong, but they all told me it was good I came in. Just thought I would share :)
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 Glad your surgery went smoothly, and hope you heal quickly!  How scary yesterday must have been for you! I'm glad your bp dropped and that you made the call and went in! When my bp was up and down in late 1st tri, my dr had me purchase this monitor.  I test once in the morning and once at night now and record it all for him to review at my appts. I was told anything over 150/90 and I should call immediately. Thought I'd share the cuff, in case testing on your own helps with peace of mind! Hopefully your dr can pinpoint some reason for this and things go back to normal for you!   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KPQB2NS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @halips- Thank you so much for sharing! I am definitely going to consider getting one and see what my OB says too. I have always had very good blood pressure, except for when I am super nervous before scans (given my history). I was just surprised it didn't come down very quickly. Hopefully it was just a fluke, but it may be a good idea to watch it. I am fortunate to have a nurse onsite where I work too, so I have thought about having her check it more often too.
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 Glad you went in and got it checked out. It's so easy to talk ourselves out of going in for being "silly" but my doctors have always told me to be an advocate for myself and they are happy if I come in just to check things out. I have been dealing with worsening swelling since the beginning of 3rd tri too. I called my OB and went in one day around 31 weeks when my swelling seemed to get really bad in my calves and feet. BP was fine, no protein in urine, and PreE blood work was normal, but my OB said he was glad I didn't wait until my next appointment to come in. In the last week or so my swelling has gotten even worse in that it doesn't totally go down over night and now my wrists and hands are swollen (and my joints are stiff because of the fluid retention). I can't even go an hour without wearing compression socks or it feels like my skin is going to rip apart. I had an NST/BPP about 4-5 days ago and my BP was fine then too (115/65) and no protein in urine, but I'm still terrified something is not right.

Thank you @halips for linking that BP cuff....just purchased it on Amazon and it should be here tomorrow. I know it will help me with my peace of mind. There are a few ladies on my BMB who aren't having consistently high BP readings but instead it will just spike every now and then so I think it will be good to have the cuff on me when I'm feeling "off" so that I can see what my BP is doing. 

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @JamieH2000 So glad you went in and everything ended up being ok! I always get worried about stuff like that. I've started making myself pretend I'm an 80 yr old lady for that reason alone.  :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @JamieH2000 so glad all ended up okay!

@tosh24 I am glad your tests are good- fingers crossed that the swelling gets better for you soon!!!
  • @JamieH2000 definitely better that you went in and got checked out!  Better safe than sorry.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @tosh24- sorry you are dealing with this too! My swelling isn't horrible yet, but it was just so sudden it freaked me out! Neither my NP or OB recommended compression socks yet. I googled a little and there seemed to be mixed reviews on if they really help or not? Sounds like they are helping you alot though! Glad they are keeping a close eye!

@kristimh80, @mayflower513, @bpietronicco- Thanks for the kind thoughts ladies!! I had my 28 week today and the gluclose drink (fruit punch) really wasn't too bad! Still waiting on my results though. I also got the TDAP and my Rhoham shot (in the butt- which was no big deal after PIO!). So not a fun week! Still waiting to hear back from my NP, but she thinks the OB will want me to start coming in every two weeks instead of 4 with a growth scan soon. I assume they are doing a growth scan just in case things get worse and we would have to induce early so we know how baby is measuring? I sure hope it doesn't come to that! Today's BP was 128/93, which is pretty high for the second number, but she didn't seem overly concerned. I am trying to take it easy and not stress, but not sure how much one can really impact blood pressure? I know I definitely get mine raised before scans (at 12 and 20 weeks at least) because I was so anxious something was wrong after everything we go through!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000
    My OB says blood pressure starts going up as you get towards the end. I think mine started trending up around week 30-32ish? It went from high-ish normal (because I get anxious at the doctors normally) to higher and he put me on some medicine which helped to keep it stable, if higher. It did eventually get high enough that they had me do other tests and decided baby would come 2 weeks early since she was a chunker and doing great, but I was starting to not do so well. So thinking about the possibility of an early induction can be scary, but you're already almost third tri, your BP isn't scary high yet, and a little preterm is really not a huge deal (every baby is different, of course, but most late preterms do just fine!). So try not to stress about it! My sister and I both had late preterm babies (35 and 36 weeks) and they are both healthy and happy little girls. Just focus on keeping that little nugget baking for as long as possible, just like your doctors are :-)  and trust that they will do the best thing for both of you! 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @JamieH2000 FX for good glucose results! They gave me that lovely drink today for the next appt. For me, after my next one, I'll be going every 2 weeks. She told me today, I'd be having a growth scan around 32 weeks, so sounds like it's pretty normal :) My dr didn't raise any red flags to make me feel concerned. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019