Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Treatment and Testing- Week of 11/26

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why?

Re: IF Treatment and Testing- Week of 11/26

• Loading the player...
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited November 2018
    Diagnosis (if you've been): we'll get an official diagnosis soon! DH has 1% morph (yellow flag they say)

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): FF says I'm in the TWW, Flo says O is today so *shrug*

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): RE baseline testing and U/S, plus regular TTC things. Need to call RE's office to schedule our appointment to go over my results.

How are things going?: Good *TW* I survived Thanksgiving with my mom's family with 3 other PG people *end TW* I'm very excited to get a plan in place for us!

ETA: Just got the genetic screening results back this morning. One of the best negative test results I've ever gotten!

Any questions?: Not at the moment

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why? Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Iceland (been there once, will always go again if given the chance), plus a whole host of other European countries (Sweden, Norway, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Italy, Denmark, Faroe Islands). I should just become a travel blogger so I have an excuse to go to all these places.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @Avrilmai testing and U/S were done about 2 weeks ago. Our next step is to schedule a "what's next" appointment to go over all the results and come up with a treatment plan.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @Avrilmai The plan is to do a fresh transfer at this time, unless something unexpected comes up. Woo for your fet for 12/4. How are you doing?
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @Swiftlet appointment is scheduled for the early afternoon on Thursday so I will have an update in a few days!

@suzycupcake I hear you on travel ingredients anywhere to relax. Most places I would love to visit would include a lot of hiking and walking to see the sights, but I would also love a warm weather vacation on the beach where I spend the entire day just laying in a chair.

@kylienoin hope your appointment today goes well!

@kobrien827 stupid OOP expenses! That sucks that you had to do that!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @littleredm ooh yes I would like to add Australia to my list too! My sister got to travel there for a wedding last year. New Zealand sounds good too.

I have way too many places I want to visit *sigh*
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kylienoin I hope your appointment goes well today!
    @beachbunnyxo123 YAY for things being on the move for you (:
    @inthewoods23 EEK, glad to hear you survived Thanksgiving. The holidays can be tough! I'm definitely glad we're down 1!
    @Avrilmai I have everything crossed for you!
    @suzycupcake I'm with you on the "TAKE US ANYWHERE" train! 
    @kobrien827 YAY! Keep us updated on your retrieval date. So exciting! 
    @Swiftlet Hm, that's interesting that your RE said that about LPD? Hopefully ya'll can get it figured out soon! (:
    @littleredm I think Femara will keep you pretty on track if you're having regular natural cycles now. It's a lot better than Clomid in my opinion! I have my fx for you, hopefully you won't have to go to the next step!

Diagnosis (if you've been): LP defect

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO CD7

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): IUI#4

How are things going?: So far so good. My RE upped my dosage from 5 to 7.5 per day and paired with the god sent progesterone, I'm more hopeful this cycle! 

Any questions?: N/A

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why? At the moment, I'd give anything for a long weekend away, anywhere. Unfortunately with the holidays, IUI scheduling, and saving for possible IVF, no such luck. But, I really would love to go to Europe one day!   
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited November 2018
    @kobrien827 Bora Bora (French Polynesia) is THE place for the over the water bungalows (OWB). Other places are starting to do the same like Mexico and Fiji but Bora Bora is where it all started due to the way the island is: main island with the volcano mountain and motus (pieces of land) circling the main island with shallow waters. We were there last June and it was the best place I have ever been. Just walking out the airport I was taken aback. 

Here is the pic taken at our hotel

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup omg that picture is so beautiful. Thats it, Bora Bora is definitely on my list now  <3
    @beachbunnyxo123 They counted 14 follies on Saturday so we'll see!
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @littleredm I did 3 IUIs with Femara and it didn't really change much. my cycles were pretty regular before that and stayed the same after. My LP was a bit longer, but that was because of the progesterone supplementation.
    @suzycupcake we will transfer one. it is not recommended to transfer more than one at this time/my age.
    @crookshanks10 glad you're feeling more hopeful! GL this cycle! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @KristoKekerooni Hai!!!!!!!!! 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @crookshanks10 Yeah, I dunno, I thought it was kind of weird honestly but then again I don't temp so I guess there's no way to know for sure if I even ovulate? Plus I thought LPD tended to result in shorter cycles, not longer/irregular ones like I have. Perhaps more question territory here (anyone feel free to share their wisdom/experience!) but my impression is that if I'm having long and irregular cycles, my egg quality is likely not great if and when I do ovulate and that may be contributing to a short LP. Does that still count as LPD? Would love to know more info on how you arrived at your own diagnosis of LPD - you can PM if you'd prefer :) I'm getting way ahead of myself until I have more of my diagnostics in hand but I still have days to go before I can even get testing started!

@beachbunnyxo123 Yes! It's difficult for me to advocate for myself period, let alone in a new and emotional situation like this. I guess my feeling right now is to get some baseline information (bloodwork, US, HSG) and bring it up again. Any tips on finding that balance are appreciated :)

• @kylienoin I'm sorry you are feeling the rush of emotion as you resume fertility treatments. It seems that no matter how long your "break" is, all that baggage just swoops right in.
    @beachbunnyxo123 YESSS, FET time!!! I'm going to be rooting for your lining every step of the way!
    @inthewoods23 Well done surviving the Thanksgiving participants. Awesome news about the genetic screening!
    @Avrilmai Yay!!! We will be PIO buddies! (I'm supposed to start on Wednesday night.)
    @suzycupcake Great lining update
    @kobrien827 I only needed one day off, but I think a lot of it depends on how many eggs you have and if you are at risk for OHSS.
    @Swiftlet I hope the timing words out for your testing. It's always hard when you have to juggle your schedule and take time off.
    @littleredm I don't have any specific advice about Femara. I'm sorry you find yourself in this space. I know IF treatments are incredibly expensive and so few of us have the luxury of treatments and medications being covered through insurance.
    @crookshanks10 I hope the additional meds give you awesome results for this cycle!
    @KristoKekerooni I miss you and think of you often. <3
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @purplg8r You're right about the PIO freezing it. That freaked me the F out on Saturday. Not sure why he did it this way, but yea, he's lucky it worked out. I would've had a conniption fit. Texts in spoiler. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @KristoKekerooni hi friend  <3<3 missing you! 

@AlohaKumu one more day till your last lining check before PIO and then it’s on!! Woohoo!!

@purplg8r hoping for good lining growth for Thursday!! 

@suzycupcake your lining is definitely great especially for after PIO. How many embryos are you transferring?
  • @rikiteacup So jealous of your trip to Bora Bora! It looks beautiful!! I hope to one day stay in one of those over the water huts.. so romantic! 
    @suzycupcake Thank you friend. I hope everything goes well for you!! What are your options if your first one doesn't survive the thaw? 
    @KristoKekerooni Thank you!! 
    @Swiftlet Definitely different situations but my cycles were usually 28-30 days long and I was a late ovulator. Spotting started about 5dpo or later some cycles.I think the spotting was the giveaway that it was LP defect and it seems my lining just breaks down too early. Hopefully once you get more testing done, you all will be able to figure it out quickly! (: When do you go in for your next appointment? 
    @AlohaKumu 12/4 sounds like a wonderful day! Not too far away!!
    @purplg8r FX for Thursday!
  • @purplg8r Gosh darn it, lining! It seems like our linings have been growing so slowly in the group lately. We need some super-strength lining magic for all of us!
    @beachbunnyxo123 Of course now I'm second-guessing my decision to move forward with the transfer instead of just being patient and waiting a few more days to get to 8. (If I got to 8.) I just want this to be done!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited November 2018
    @crookshanks10 I see! I don’t really spot- maybe a tiny bit a few hours before full flow but I don’t think that really counts, haha:) I start 6-7 days after my first positive OPK but I suppose since I don’t temp I can try be completely certain I ovulate. RE basically said ehh, your LP is probably fine and you just ovulate earlier than you think. Which again, totally possible, but it doesn’t line ups right my EWCM and positive OPKs. Gah! So much to consider! 

Has spotting always been an issue for you?

I’m expecting AF on Thurs or Friday (6-7dpo) and was told to call on CD1 to schedule baseline labs and US (I think) anywhere in the CD2-4 range, then HSG CD5-12. Just need to hold my horses another few days:)
  • @AlohaKumu see what things look like tomorrow!! If your doctor thinks it can get there that would be good but too much time on estrace can also lead to regression. What is your doctor leaning towards, moving forward? 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 That was my major fear. I've already been on Estrace since Nov 30, so I didn't want to be on it so long that my lining decreased, like it did before the ERA. (That was partially because I didn't respond well to the patches, but I do very well with the oral meds.) My RE initially wanted me to just come back on Friday to see how it looked, but after I said I was okay moving forward as long as it was above 7.0, she thought about it more and agreed. She still wants to see me tomorrow to see if it's a bit thicker, but said she was okay with just calling it and scheduling the FET for next week. I've been chugging POM, eating Brazil nuts, using a heating pad, walking, taking my supplements... basically doing anything and everything that might potentially help increase my lining in 51 hours between appointments!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @crookshanks10 When is your monitoring appointment?

The option we have is to go down the list of apparently 'aneuploid' embryos and decide which we would try instead. I attached the Cooper Genomics file if you are interested. Redacted for personal identifiers. The second embryo on the list is partially mosaic, but the trisomy 19 makes it different they said because that part wasn't mosaic. The third embryo is a low level mosaic but it's trisomy 13. Those babies don't tend to live after birth and if the inner cell mass (the part they cannot biopsy) is trisomy 13, that's what will happen. Like I said, hard decisions. A lot of mixed emotions. 

@beachbunnyxo123 We are transferring one. The XYY. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS, anovulatory, AMA

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): monitoring so I guess WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): IUI with Gonal-f, ovidrel trigger and prometrium

How are things going?:  I had my B/W and US yesterday and things looked ok.  My biggest follicle was 13 and my lining was 4.4 and tri.  We increased my Gonal from 75u to 100u for last night and tonight and I go back tomorrow for a repeat US

Any questions?:

GTKY: If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why? Australia because it looks so beautiful and I would love to see all the different animals.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @kylienoin I'm sorry you are feeling such a rush of emotions and I hope your appointment went well.
    @beachbunnyxo123 That's great you get to start your meds!
    @inthewoods23 Who would have thought you could be so excited about a negative test?  That's really great though that everything came back good!
    @Avrilmai Did you start your PIO?
    @suzycupcake You have such a cool RE!  I can't even imagine having to make the decisions you have to regarding your embryos.  However, you seem to be really knowledgeable and I know you will make the best decision. 
    @kobrien827 Any update on your retrieval date?
    @Swiftlet FX this TWW goes well for you!
    @littleredm I totally understand being emotional about doing an IUI.  There is so much that goes into all these decisions and the process itself that sometimes it can seem overwhelming.  I often times have to remind myself to just take a deep breath.
    @crookshanks10 That's great that they increased your dosage for this IUI
    @AlohaKumu How exciting to have a date set!
    @purplg8r GL with your lining!  I know I have been drinking pomegranate juice to try and thicken mine up.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @crookshanks10 I'm glad that you're feeling hopeful this cycle and that your doctor made those adjustments.
    @suzycupcake so happy that your lining appointment went well.
    @purplg8r FX for your appointment on Thursday. A cruise around the Greek Isles sounds amazing!
    @Alohakumu That's exciting to have a date set!
    @celticknotfire yes it can definitely feel overwhelming. Deep breaths are helpful for sure. I hope your appointment tomorrow for monitoring goes well.
  • @suzycupcake I’m so glad it worked out!

@celticknotfire FX everything looks good at your next appointment!
  • @AlohaKumu fx for even more improvement in that window!
    @celticknotfire good luck at your recheck!

• @Swiftlet Yes, unfortunately I've always been a spotter, so at least now we know something specific to treat! Also, that is a lot to consider! I'm glad you don't have to wait long to start your diagnostic testing! You'll have to keep us updated (:
    @suzycupcake I go back on Monday! Wow, I'm sure that's a very tough decision for you. FX you don't need your backup plan! 
    @celticknotfire I hope your appointment goes well!