Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 11/26

2»

Re: WTO Monday 11/26

• @rikiteacup LOL see, I totally offered to help MF in the back of his van in the parking lot but he's all weird about it for some reason :lol:  I also suggested we sneak into his parents' house because they only live 10 mins away but he was squeamish about that too. He keeps telling me my suggestions are not helpful. Fiiine then.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @rikiteacup:  My DH collected in the office, which he said was SO awkward, since they put you in a little room, and point out some "literature" if you need help.  He was like, uh, I don't want to touch that.  But I have no advice on how to improve the transit time.

@lillywonderland :  we've already messed up SMEP....because we're old and one of us is always going to bed too early!  Luckily, my cycle is a little long, so we've got time to salvage the EOD approach to OPK+.

@SA0012:  I am so, so sorry.  Be gentle with yourself.

Month/Cycle:  cycle 5

CD:  11

WAYDTGKU:  PNV, inositol, BBT, OPKs, SMEP (well....see below), CM/CP

R/R:  We absolutely suck at SMEP.  One or both of us have fallen asleep too early on both CD8 and CD10 (and then on CD9, too!).  Work has been crazy, and combined with turkey-comas, we've just been awful this weekend.  But:  I have managed to BBT for a week straight!  Woo hoo!  (I always forget at some point!)

CS/Q:  no questions right now.  And chart is boring so far.

• Loading the player...
  • @kiki047 I offered the option to help DH if he were asked to provide a 2nd SA. He was weirded out the first time. Apparently they have a room at the clinic with various magazines and possibly even movies and a couch for you to use. He was more comfortable using the bathroom nearby to collect his sample...
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @nightdreamr13 I was also gaining weight year after year and couldn't lose it despite going to the gym 3-4 times a week and running and lifting weights like a mad woman. I thought being 35 meant my metabolism had slowed down. I had my thyroid checked and everything was normal. My BMI was getting reeeeaaaally close to obese. My doc even gave me papers for a weight loss clinics. In January of this year, I joined Weight Watchers as a last resort (online only). By July, I had lost 18 lbs effortlessly. Just changing my diet did the trick. I now have a normal BMI.
    I don't recommend Keto unless medically necessary. It is REALLY hard, especially if you like fruits and vegetables. One apple and one serving of broccoli will bring you to your carb allowance for the day. I don't want to live like that. 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @marebear15 no I haven't had a cycle in 7 years so I'm starting completely clueless. I'm going to start my OPKs around day 9 and go from there. 
  • @rikiteacup I might try a month of vaginal temps just to compare. I’m currently using Ava.

@marebear15 Thanks I hadn’t even considered a secondary surge. That could explain the lack of fertile CM. I’ll keep testing/HIO.

@kiki047 Yes I’m using Ava. I had a sudden temp shift my first cycle but the last one was slow and I had trouble identifying when O took place. Would be interesting to compare Ava to a month of vaginal temps. 

Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @lillywonderland good luck, and godspeed! I feel you on feeling old when it comes to the sex.

@nomangos23 my migraines have a lot to do with my hormones, but they also have a lot to do with stress, too. I've noticed that I tend to get one during my period when progesterone tanks, and sometimes I get one around O when it rises. They are a pain in the ass. I take meds for them, but only when they're really terrible.

TW: pregnancy mentioned
    My migraines actually have improved a lot since my pregnancy, but of course that also freaks me out because I wonder if it means my hormones are out of whack.

@kiki047 I'm glad your event went well! Sorry about a disappointing cycle. I went through that last cycle, too. It's hard to handle the crushing disappointment.

@nightdreamr13 I hope you can find some warm fuzzy feelings in the holidays! It's hard to enjoy them when you have so much going on in your life.
  • Son of a nutcracker this thread got away from me today!! 

Heh. Heh. Trying to use all my Elf gifs in any possible way today, lol!!

@nomangos23 I need some Joey thanksgiving pants for the rest of the holiday season. Just salivating thinking about all the cookies I’m gonna eat...mmm.

@b_1029 Do your flannel sheets pill? I like the idea of flannel, but I don’t think my OCDness could handle it. 

@marebear15 I legit thought that Netflix and Chill was like a real thing until like 6 months ago. Not code for the sex. Lol. Again, here I am aging myself. Bahahahahah.

@kiki047 I am so so so SO sorry to see you here. Words cannot convey how sorry I am for you. I was so hoping that you would be a SS! Sending you some warm hugs. ❤️  But on the bright side, we still have a chance to MABMBGA! And I’m still hoping you’re a SS and get KU in your first cycle with your RE...afterall you are a SS to me! 

@nightdreamr13 I am sorry I don’t have any experience with the symptoms you mentioned, but I will echo PP is saying that it doesn’t sound normal. You should definitely get that checked out.

@icking82 Good luck to both of us!! Lol, the ED thing is hard to do, we might fail at it, lol. No clue how you guys can do it without having literally nothing to do all day to recover. I need a vacation from sexy time, lol!!
  • Hey! I'm new here... thought I might as well jump right in since AF made an appearance yesterday putting me firmly in the WTO camp. Nice to meet you all :)

Month/Cycle: 10/9

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Fish Oil, EPO, BBT, OPKs, Preseed. Starting charting again tomorrow after taking a break last month. 

R/R: I'll start on a positive note... Three days until summer! Four weeks until Christmas! And a nice three week holiday in the sunshine planned. Ready for it.

CS/Q: I have an appointment coming up on Friday with my GP and I'd love some advice on what I should be asking. At the last visit he ordered bloods to test FSH, LH, E2, progesterone and AMH. All tests came back with levels in the normal range. He mentioned the next step would be a HSG test, but I also just found out today that my mother had endometriosis that went undiagnosed for years - so I'd like to rule that out too.