Pregnant after IF

1st trimester check-in w/o nov. 26

edited November 2018 in Pregnant after IF

How far along are you/ EDD?

How are you feeling/any symptoms?

Any upcoming appointments?

Any thoughts/questions/concerns?

Any shopping deals you've taken advantage of during the past few days?

Paging (i'm only adding people who commented last week just in case...):

@Bababatty  6/22

@northbeach3 6/5 (I think you're moving over to 2nd tri, but i'll keep you on this week!)

@blackhottamales 7/18

@hildy11 6/9

@ndz2018 7/25

@optimisticmrsk 7/8

@Griffin5413 6/21

edit to add another member :)

Re: 1st trimester check-in w/o nov. 26

• How far along are you/ EDD? 6w4d

How are you feeling/any symptoms?slight nausea today

Any upcoming appointments? had it today--HB 118 and got to see the LO!measuring right on track!!

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? nope

Any shopping deals you've taken advantage of during the past few days? not yet--looking for travel deals, i want to go somewhere warm for a babymoon but Mexico is obviously out. 

• ok i'm on it this week! lol

How far along are you/ EDD?  10w2d

How are you feeling/any symptoms? - still tired but slowly starting to feel more energy. Nausea is much better with meds

Any upcoming appointments? not until NIPT on the 10th

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? - none

Any shopping deals you've taken advantage of during the past few days? - I haven't done much. Got some stocking stuffers today on Amazon... coloring books and things like that for DS and nieces. I like the idea of travel deals though! I definitely want to go somewhere before baby 2. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you/ EDD? 9w2d

How are you feeling/any symptoms? intermittent nausea - combo of B6 and salted ginger help

Any upcoming appointments? 12/3 first OB appt!

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? how are y'all hanging in there? I worked a string of nights and drove home through our first winter storm of the season this morning - grateful to have 2 days off :smile:

Any shopping deals you've taken advantage of during the past few days? might look through stuff today

• How far along are you/ EDD? 10w2d, 6/22

How are you feeling/any symptoms? I was feeling better but this past week I’ve felt a bit nauseous in the morning. Last night was bad because I didn’t eat enough (as we were on a plane all day and the food options did not appeal); we splurged on a cab because I looked like I wanted to die. Hunger-related nausea is not great, lol.

Any upcoming appointments? I had to go on for a thyroid panel today because my TSH is slightly elevated. Follow up appointment with my OB on 10/5.

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? What pregnancy books are you all reading?

Any shopping deals you've taken advantage of during the past few days? We got a great deal on a new wool winter coat for DH at Macy’s. His was looking so ratty, so to get a much nicer one at a steep discount was a coup.

• @Bababatty - since I live in Phoenix, I pretty much got rid of all of my winter coats b/c I never need them. I think I saved 1 down puffy coat for when we go up north. lol. The coldest it gets is like the high 40's low 50's but that's usually only in the morning when I get in my car. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • autumnlvsautumnlvs member
    edited November 2018
    @Bababatty WTEWYE - going with the tried and true :smile:
    I got We're Pregnant! The First Time Dad's Pregnancy Handbook by Adrian Kulp for DH and he loves it!

@blackhottamales Hawaii is always an option! :smiley:
  • Love that this board is picking up and excited for @northbeach3 & @hildy11 that you are almost to the second tri!

@northbeach3 your baby is beautiful! Im so jealous! I’m concerned about weight gain too. I’m starting overweight so last time I was at the OB we talk about trying to keep it under 15 lbs. I hope I can because I’ve lost about 10 lbs in the past 9 months so I have close with room to grow. Did your OB give you any guidance? But so far I’m down a pound or two (depending on time/day) since I got pregnant. Still have the bloat most evenings. 

I’ve cried both days at work so far this week-just a stressful week and I have to power through it. Wish I could just say “I’m pregnant that’s why I’m crying”
  • @ndz2018 glad to hear things are going well. My progesterone was just 1point higher than the expected threashold on my first beta so they increased my 1 PIO to every day vs previously EOD. I’m also on endometrial 3x a day. 
  • @northbeach3
    I think I was about the same time along at my first OB appt and non-RE scan --- and my husband had the same reaction. It actually is looking like a baby! He hadn't seen the baby since my 8 week scan (10 week graduation appt he had to miss; my parents went and got to see the bouncy bean for themselves!). I think that was the point at which -he- started to get a little nervous about impending fatherhood! Of course, at 32 weeks I was still, "Do you think I'm really going to have a baby?"  lol so you sound better off than me :smile:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @hildy11 - I've been moody this entire pregnancy so far so I'm actually hoping that when I get off PIO & Estrace I will settle down b/c I've been really feisty!

@Bababatty - I've been on thyroid meds for the last several years but they upped them last time I was pregnant and then after I delivered, it went crazy so I've been dealing with that for the last 2 years. My endo said she wanted it between 1-2 if I was going to get pregnant again and I think that's where we are trying to keep it with my ob. 
    @northbeach3 - I'm with you on the weight gain. They keep telling me they don't want me to gain any weight for the first half of my pregnancy. So of course I freak out if I fluctuate half a pound. The positive is that I was so nauseous for a few weeks that I actually lost like 3 pounds so I have some wiggle room. lol  I did pull out all of my maternity clothes though and started wearing the pants simply because they are SOOOOOO much more comfortable with the bloat! If you have some, you should wear them. you won't regret it!

@ndz2018 - I totally fell asleep last night putting my son down. My husband had to wake me up. lol
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @blackhottamales Did you progesterone go up after you upped your dose?

UGH I had a little bit of spotting again but I think I may have hit my cervix last night when doing my suppository 1. it hurt lol and 2) the spotting was very light
  • @ndz2018
    If you're using the suppositories, spotting is even more common with them! I always figured one of the reasons my RE doesn't use them for FET cycles is to keep the number of panicked pregnant ladies down :smile:  You probably just irritated things a bit. 

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @mbradfo2 No doubt! I learned my lesson last night ... do not put it too far up your hooha! lol
  • @ndz2018 well I think it went up (or my body took over? I don't really know.. ) but from my appointment on Monday i was at 26 and the range is 9-33 for the first tri.  I can't remember exactly what my first numbers were (it was the same call when she said we were pregnant so i was distracted) but it was like 10 and the lowest acceptable was 9.  

^^that message is not succinct but i'm tired and hopefully it gives you an idea.   

sorry about the endomitrin--i had one time of super light spotting when i must have gone too far with the pill as well.  I did tell my nurse when we start weening i want to start with endometrin...I'll take shots over those every day.
  • I don't think my RE has ever told me what my progesterone levels were... or my lining or any of that. He always just told me things look good so I never even thought to ask about it. He is super conservative in his treatments though so I wonder if he doesn't give numbers b/c he doesn't want us freaking out about that detail.  All I know is I have 14 shots left and that cant come soon enough!!!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hildy11
    Awesome news! And girls rock :smiley:
    Have fun picking out all of the clothes until she's old enough to have an opinion!! I know I'm taking advantage of this stage where I can dress her....
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @hildy11 - I think we have a girls club brewing here. We're having a girl too. I'm getting more excited as I get more used to the idea. I was really expecting them to tell us it was a boy. We already have a boy, we are comfortable with a boy, boys are so low maintenance. lol. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker