Infertility

Dec 2018 FET

Re: Dec 2018 FET

• @beachbunnyxo123 @purplg8r @leilee101 just talked to the nurse and she didn't even mention the spot, so I'm taking that as good news. I have a follow up on Wednesday. I will know for sure then. 

@leilee101 sorry to hear your cycle got cancelled. Good for you for putting yourself first and changing doctors. It is so important to feel like your doctor is attentive and aware. I hope the change continues to be good. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Loading the player...
  • @AlohaKumu that's a great improvement, even if it doesn't get higher, my clinic thinks anything between a 7-8 is fair game! So excited for you!

@beachbunnyxo123 congrats on getting the green light, I think I am leaning towards stims because during my IVF cycle I got up to 8mm. Granted, that's with the full dose and it also shrunk back down to 6.5. Does anyone know why lining will start to regress? even before the PIO begins? I think my lining is just wonky but wondering if this has happened to anyone else.. 

I have my follow up visit on Thursday with my new dr, so will develop a new protocol then. Starting provera tonight to induce my period, I really hope I will still be in the running for December even with this bump in the road!
  • @leilee101 oh good I’m glad they started you on provera, I was thinking it could be a while till AF if they didn’t. What dose were you on during stims? The lining always compacts after adding PIO that’s the effect progesterone has on the body so thinner lining after PIO is expected and not an issue. But when did it start to shrink before?
  • it shrinks before PIO! My stim cycle it got to 8mm by day 10, then on day 12 it was 6.8 then when I got instruction to trigger on day 14 it was 6.2. This past cycle, it got to 6.1 and then the tech was getting measurements ranging from 5.5-6. The incredible shrinking endometrium! 
  • @leilee101 interesting I’m not really sure! Has your doctor said why? I thought you meant it dropped most of that from PIO! 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 haha believe me it is right on the extensive question list I have ready to go on Thursday ;)
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I'm sooo stoked you have the green light!
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @roisis welcome!

@christen yay for AF! (It always feels so weird to say that!)

@beachbunnyxo123 time to get the ball rolling!

@leilee101 ugh!  I’m sorry your cycle got cancelled.  It’s so frustrating!  Do you know what your protocol will be with the new doctor? My lining was thicker during stims too but I know I was a concern for OHSS so not sure they would let me go that route.  

@AlohaKumu yay!  Your FET will be here before you know it!

AFM...I had my monitoring today. My lining is only 6.4 so I go back on Thursday.  I’m really hoping I don’t get cancelled again 
  • Hi, everyone! Getting ready for a December 7 transfer :)
    Me: 38 DH: 38
    Married: 10 years
    TTC: 10 years
    Diagnosis: Male Factor
    Open Embryo Adoption #1: B/G Twins 2014 (Transferred 3 untested embryos and had twins. 35.5 weeks. Natural birth.)
    Open Embryo Adoption #2: Singleton 2017 (Transferred 1 PGS hatching blast female and had singleton at 40 weeks. Home/water birth.)
    Semi-Open/Closed Embryo Adoption #3: FET 12/6/18 (1 PGS hatching blast male)
    HPT: Positive 2DP 6DT (Took test in the evening but line didn't appear until 10-15 minutes after taking test)
    HPT: Positive 3DP 6DT. (Took test in the evening and line appeared immediately though still the same strength as previous day).

ing)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

• Thanks for welcome guys <3
    Hi again @beachbunnyxo123 ! I've been on so many boards this year I forget who I know from where (or when!) but it's lovely to see you again - and I'm so glad you've been given the go-ahead to get going <3<3
    @leilee101 I'm sorry again about your cancelled cycle. I'm glad you broke up with your RE though - it's very important that we're comfortable and confident in who is guiding us through this - because we put all our faith in them. That new doc sounds great - I really hope you have better luck next time <3
    @purplg8r Ugh, growing lining sucks - I'm really rooting for you to stay with us this time <3
    @AlohaKumu  It's growing in the right direction! And I believe anything over 7.5 is good for my clinic - here's hoping you're all set for the 4th!!

AFM I had to take my dog to the vet for an operation this morning and I'm now very worried about her  :neutral: It's not a big operation but I'm nervous about her all the same. Poor little girl looked very scared when I left her in. Our new kitten, who we rescued last month, is now determined to sit curled up in my lap this morning - normally he's all boisterous and scratchy but I'm really happy to have him be super cute and cuddly right now <3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• @purplg8r did your doctor say where he wants to see your lining at before starting PIO? I know they like to see it at an 8 but sometimes women can’t get there and are just on the thinner side. I’ve seen many women from my clinic have successful pregnancies with linings at 5 and 6. 

@roisis so sorry to hear about your fur baby. Hoping for a quick recovery!  <3
  • @roisis Welcome and I'm sorry your pupper is unwell. Did the surgery go ok? 
    @leilee101 I'm sorry you've had such lining trouble and I hope your next appt moves you forward!
    @lindsjacobs Welome! What kind of protocol are you doing? 

AFM I had my first scan since baseline. So far lining is at 6.5 and I had two follicles going, one is a little over 10, the other a little under. It's day #12 off BCP (which I was on for 42 days straight) so to me it makes sense things are only just starting to gear up. I go in again on Friday to see what's going on, and in the meantime will continue to use way too many OPKs to make sure I don't ovulate before then (which seems very unlikely). (I'm doing a natural cycle transfer with no meds so I'm basically doing all the tracking as if I was trying to get pregnant spontaneously except there's a lot of monitoring and also I'm not allowed to have unprotected sex with DH). 
  • @lindsjacobs welcome!

@roisis what kind of puppy do you have?

@beachbunnyxo123 they said they like to see 8 but st the very least, 7. Successes at 5 or 6 make me feel a little better!!

@zamora_spin FX everything looks good on Friday!
  • @zamora_spin, I'm doing a natural fet (embryo adoption). We are transferring one male hatching blast, PGS tested.
    Open Embryo Adoption #1: B/G Twins 2014 (Transferred 3 untested embryos and had twins. 35.5 weeks. Natural birth.)
    Open Embryo Adoption #2: Singleton 2017 (Transferred 1 PGS hatching blast female and had singleton at 40 weeks. Home/water birth.)
    HPT: Positive 2DP 6DT (Took test in the evening but line didn't appear until 10-15 minutes after taking test)
    HPT: Positive 3DP 6DT. (Took test in the evening and line appeared immediately though still the same strength as previous day).

ing)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

• @zamora_spin Lining sounds great! I'm not used to the natural protocol but it sounds like everything is going well :) Good luck on Friday <3
    Thanks for the well-wishes @beachbunnyxo123  @zamora_spin @purplg8r - she's a small collie mix and she's home safe and sound - although she was feeling rather sorry for herself last night: (pic is a little blurry - but I didn't want to bother her too much getting one <3)

**History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• @leilee101 I'm sorry your cycle was cancelled.  Good on you though for switching doctors.  Having a doctor you're comfortable with makes a huge difference in this process.
    @alohakumu good luck with today's lining check.
    @lindsjacobs welcome to the group!
    @roisis So glad your pup is home safe and sound.  She doesn't look happy with her cone of shame :(
    @zamora_spin the natural cycle sounds stressful, I'm not sure I could do it.

AFM: We have our transfer scheduled for the 18th.  Lining check on the 11th.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • @leilee101 You broke up with your RE  :D That made me LOL!  It's important to feel comfortable though so I'm sure you made the right decision.

@lindsjacobs Looks like we'll be transfer buddies.. I'm also scheduled to transfer on December 7th  <3 We are transferring 2 untested embryos.

@zamora_spin That's a nice lining after being on bcp's for 42 days!  When are you scheduled to transfer?

@ChristenMA83 so you're one week before Christmas... It will be here before you know it!  

@roisis Glad your pup pup is back home and recovering!

AFM:  I go in for my lining check on Friday.  I went in today to check my levels and all was good, so hopefully my lining will follow suit!

Me: 34  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CP   Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeks    Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:  scheduled for 8/16/19

• @ChristenMA83 Thanks! My lining range was at 7.75-8.85 today, so I'm very happy with that increase in just over 48 hours. That's so exciting that you have your transfer date ready to go!
    @roisis I hope your sweet doggie is feeling better today!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @ChristenMA83 Hurrah for getting a date :) That'll be here in no time.
    And yes - pupper was very sad looking when she got home - but I think that was mostly she was feeling bad from the anaesthetic - she was in much better form after a nights sleep :) 
    @kimberlyshae Good luck in lining check tomorrow :)
    @AlohaKumu Ah - that's fantastic :) It's only a few more days <3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• @Avrilmai I hope your PIO goes well today! I think last night was the happiest I've ever been to kick things off.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @kimberlyshae, nice! I had my final ultrasound today and lining was at 14, so looking good for next Thursday. Still waiting on E2 before starting PIO tmr. When Is your final check?

ing)

• @lindsjacobs Damn girl!  That's some serious lining!   :D  I think tomorrow will be my final check before transfer.  They have me coming in 2 days early but they said my lining has always been good so they're not worried about it.  I hope that's true!  If not, then I'll have one more check before transfer.

@leilee101 I'm glad that your new RE is wanting to try a natural cycle for you.  You're right... science is amazing but sometimes I feel like we're destroying our bodies with all of these meds   :(   Hoping AF visits you soon so you can get started!

@Avrilmai Good Luck with PIO today!  

Me: 34  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CP   Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeks    Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:  scheduled for 8/16/19

• @ChristenMA83 the next few weeks will fly by!!

@kimberlyshae FX that your lining looks good tomorrow!

@lindsjacobs wow!!  Your lining is almost double mine!

@leilee101 I’m glad the protocol is what you were hoping for!

@Avrilmai one PIO shot down!!

so I’m confused after my appt.  my lining jumped from 6.4 to 7.3 but my estrogen dropped from 282.8 to 234.6. How does that happen???  I had my appt with my RE this morning and she looked at my chart and saw the thickest my lining has been was 7.6 on stims. So she said she wants me to come back tomorrow and if it looks good then I’ll transfer next Wednesday.  That was before I got my estrogen results back though.  Tonight I have to take 2mg vaginally and 1mg orally.  Does anyone know if this drop in my estrogen can cause my cycle to be cancelled?  

Also, she told me if I do transfer Wednesday then she wants me to take off work on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday which I wasn’t expecting 
  • lindsjacobslindsjacobs member
    edited November 2018
    @purplg8r, I was reviewing my protocol just now and laughing at this clinic's recommendations. They have 3 day bed rest with no getting up except bathroom and only using stairs once a day. :neutral:

ing)

• @leilee101 Aw that's great that you like your new RE! I think it's very important that we like and trust them - and that they are clearly listening to us. That's fab that you have your new protocol ready to go already - really hoping the natural protocol suits you much better <3
    @purplg8r I can't advise - my clinic doesn't even check my oestrogen levels during FET protocol. They literally just look at my lining. So hopefully it won't affect your transfer? As long as lining is growing - all should be good <3
    @lindsjacobs Yay for fluffy lining! I really don't get the 3-day bedrest though :neutral: Mine has always been take it easy on the day of transfer but then up and moving (not heavy lifting - no bathing) That sounds uber-strict! But I guess you gotta go with what they recommend? (but seriously - don't fret if you have to go up the stairs twice a day!!)

AFM - T-day :#
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• The difference in doctors is so interesting when it comes to bedrest after transfer.  Mine specifically advises against it.  I didn't rest at all for the first transfer that took, same for the second that didn't take.  So no personal bias one way or the other.

@lindsjacobs Less than a week until transfer!  Woohoo!!!
    @purplg8r I don't recall my clinic checking E2 levels either, only lining, so I'm no help there.
    @roisis YAY For transfer day!! Lots of positive vibes coming your way!
    @leilee101 I am SO glad you like the new doctor and she is actually providing options for you and listening.  I hope the natural cycle is just what you need.
    @Avrilmai How's PIO going for you?

AFM: Next appointment isn't until the 11th to check lining.  I'll start femera and acyclovir on the 6th.
    Has anyone taken Estrace with Femera?  My pharmacist seemed to think it causes a reaction, but I emailed the clinic and they advised to take both.  I think I'm going to call today - I can't remember if I continued estrace through the entire FET last cycle or not, but that's what the nurse emailed me.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • @beachbunnyxo123 yay for improved lining!  I have no idea why they do the femera, but we've done it for each of our prior two transfer.  I looked at my old schedules and I have always continued taking estrace, so it's weird the pharmacy just now mentioned it.  Oh well.  I might have to ask at my appointment on the 11th what the point of the femera is.  They also have me take a trigger shot immediately following transfer - that he says is to let my body know there's a potential pregnancy in there to take care of.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • @leilee101 That's fantastic that you love your new RE! I've never done a natural cycle, but it sounds so nice not to have to load up on hormones for cycle after cycle.
    @lindsjacobs Awesome! We are going to have a busy week next week on the board!
    @roisis Woooo! PUPO!
    @ChristenMA83 My RE is pretty much for normal activity the day after, too. I haven't taken Femera, but I've always continued Estrace for my whole cycle.
    @beachbunnyxo123 WOOO HOOOO! Have you been doing all those burnt offerings whatnot from that list? lol I'm so excited for you!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @kimberlyshae I'm actually still not sure when transfer will happen... we'll only know once I ovulate, which is a little nerve wracking, you're right @ChristenMA83 :#
    @leilee101 My RE wanted to start me with a natural transfer from the gate - they apparently do a lot of them at my clinic and see a slight bump in success. I may not have as many insights since this is my first transfer, but there are some other ladies on this thread doing natural transfers but I think they have come to it after trying medicated cycles.  The good part of my protocol (and it sounds like you're the same) is that there's no meds at all, so there are no side effects and whatnot. The bad part is it has so far been a little stressful coming off BCP and tracking my cycle because I think my old ovaries kind of fell asleep. I usually ovulate CD12-15 and today is 15 days off BCP and my lead follicle is at 14 and seemed to be growing 1 mm per day... My clinic is not having me trigger like yours is, I think that's a really good idea to do so that you don't have to keep waiting around. I may ask my nurse about this when she calls because if things keep growing at this rate it could be 8 more days until my follicle is ready on its own. 

AFM - My update is that my lining is at about 8 (saw the other RE again and he said one part was thinner than the other parts, only about 6.5... but he seemed fine with that?) and I have a lead follicle at 14 on my left side. He asked if I was on medication and I said no and he said everything looks good then. It's day 15 off the BCP. My temp did finally get low yesterday and today but OPKs and CM are not promising. I'm hoping I ovulate soon-ish... but I'm afraid that follicle's growing pretty slow (I'm guessing it was the 11 from Tuesday). I of course have like, one date this month where I have something that cannot be moved and I'm trying not to worry that the transfer will somehow be that day... I think as long as I ovulate before next Saturday it will be ok... I know the "tricks" for lining building but like... short of meds can I make my follicle grow any faster? 
  • @roisis hope the transfer went/goes well! 
    @leilee101 so glad the appt went well. I hope this new approach does the trick for you. 
    @AlohaKumu I laughed a little too loud at your comment to beachbunny. @beachbunnyxo123 let us know if those burnt offerings really work  ;)
    @lindsjacobs yay for having a date! are you doing PIO? 
    @ChristenMA83 the first PIO went well! it was a lower dose, they like to build it to the full does, so I increase it again tonight and then tomorrow will be the full dose that I will take, hopefully, for several weeks.

So question for you ladies, as @ChristenMA83 pointed out about the differences after transfer. My instructions are for pelvic rest through beta day, not bed rest, and, like others, actually advises against bed rest because it can decrease blood flow. I know we all have different reasons for going to IVF, but What does your RE recommend after transfer?

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Congrats on being PUPO, @roisis ! @Avrilmai I have always been told that rest the day of transfer is encouraged, but resuming normal activities (other than sex and HIT excercise) can happen as soon as the next day. I’ve aleays been told no sex for 5 days, I usually go the whole TWW just to be safe (much to DH’s dismay lol)

@beachbunnyxo123 that’s awesome about the lining! It makes sense that your body is responding better to your own estrogen, the gonal- stimulates the follicles which releases estrogen right? I’m on day 5 of 7 of provera, and already spotting for 2 days. 

@zamora_spin thank you! My cycle is lining up well so I won’t have to go on BCP. I hope my ovaries are excited to kick back in ASAP, i don’t think I’ve had a natural cycle in 7 months at this point. And for growing the follicles I would do high levels of protein, that’s what I did during IVF cycle to help them grow. And muscle milk lmao, no idea if that helped but after I drank some my follies jumped up 2mm in a day 😂

@ChristenMA83 I’ve taken femera and estrace separately but not together. Femera was described to be as a “gentle fertility med”, has some fsh so helps the follies to develop. But the estrace will suppress follies from developing so that does sound a little counter productive? I would def ask to clarify that you should be taking them at the same time. It def is so interesting how different doctors make diff recommendations 

has as anyone been on provera to induce period and started spotting? I’m on day 5 of 7 and have been spotting for 2 days. I was told I would get my AF a few days after stopping, so hope CD1 is sometime next week!
  • Quick question. Are any of you are doing a round of antibiotics for your fet? With my last two successful transfers, my doctor had me take them. This doctor does not have it included for the protocol, but I asked if he would prescribe a ZP and he did. Now I'm not sure what to do. I don't ever take antibiotics except for transfers, I don't want to mess up my gut, but I also don't want to risk not having a successful transfer because of this. My doctor says it doesn't effect the outcome. Thoughts?

ing)

• @Avrilmai , yes I am doing PIO and suppositories  :/:/ I don't think my cycle is considered natural after all, based on what some of the other commenters are saying. I didn't do Lupron, but I am taking estrace tablets 6mg and aspirin and today, I added the Medrol  :'(, PIO and Suppositories. 

ing)