April 2019 Moms

Week 4 check-in w/o 11/12

GTKY stolen from March 19

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?

I gotcha @lilpotatomama
this is my backup acct.
prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
 BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Week 4 check-in w/o 11/12

• Due date: 04/25

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment is in a few weeks. Just anxiously waiting.

Rants/Raves?: Nothing sticks out this week. I think I am still dull from the time change. It has never affected me like this before.

How are you feeling?: Primarily tired. I can sleep 10-11 hours a night. As a result, I have not been exercising or doing my hobbies. Where or where is this energy surge?

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?: We just bought a house with a gas fireplace, so I love to snuggle in front of the fire with a book or a movie. If I have some energy, I also love baking on cold days. 
  • EDD 4/26, 16+4, soda can sized

Appt today. Bp good, hb good, measuring correctly. Scheduled anatomy ultrasound for a month out! Can’t wait! Also had gender ultrasound last week and it’s a boy!

Feeling: exhausted. I think I need some compression leggings, too. My legs feel leaden often with all the extra blood. Also, the congestion is annoying. 

GTKY: I love to make some tea and watch tv and read. But let’s be real. Hot tea and a toddler don’t mix, and she likes to grab my books or try to sit on me between my eyes and the book. Lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date: April 24th (ish) 16+6

Any appointments? Ultrasound on Friday

Rants/Raves?: Nope. All quiet over here.

How are you feeling?: not too bad. Tired and lazy lol

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Hot soup, blankets and lots of naps

• Due date: April 22 (we are saying Easter) week 17 yesterday. 

Any appointments? We had a quick check in today, heartbeat 148 :) uterus is where it should be growth wise. baby laying low... my bp  was 120/68 which is higher for me  I’m usually 110-117, over 60-68.  Hoping it doesn’t keep rising.

Waiting for round two of fetal testing (bloodwork only) hoping my Hormone levels rise and I climb out of high risk in my third trimester  

Rants/Raves?: Everything is on fire in CA. I want to move. I had 30 friends lose homes in October last year during the TUBBS fire and now I have friends that lost everything in the camp fire in butte county and it’s overwhelming and I feel helpless and like I’m going to lose everything in a fire too.

How are you feeling?: ok, still sorting out food and tummy issues unrelated to pregnancy and that’s frustrating. But good, husband has been letting me sleep in by leaving for work a little later and that has helped a lot  

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?

I like to go for a walk and then change into pjs and cuddle up on the couch. I live in a seasonal rainforest in northern ca so it’s one of my favorite seasons. Rain. 

• Due date: 4/26, 16wks 4 days

Any appointments? Questions?: we went for an early/initial anatomy scan.  So far everything is looking great.  Next appointment in a month for a complete anatomy scan 

Rants/Raves?: we also learned I have an anterior placenta.  Which is fine, but damn I was hoping to feel some kicks

How are you feeling?: ok, always feels good after seeing the little nugget. Still tired and struggling because I’m in the nesting mood too

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Inside!  Under the covers and watching movies. I hate the cold.

• @kbirchtree look into Whidbey Island, WA. I don’t remember what you guys do for work, but the climate would work for you and there are state and national parks all over the place...without fire.
  • Due date: 4/22

Any appointments? Questions?: Scheduled the anatomy scan for mid December. I will be almost 22 weeks but I wanted to wait until DH is home from Japan.

Rants/Raves?: My doctor is talking about inducing me at 39 weeks because we live 40 minutes away from the hospital and I had my DD in 2 1/2 hours (6 days early) after arriving at the hospital. I don't know how I feel about that.

How are you feeling?: umm, large and depressed.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Clean, read, nap.

• Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions?:  Anatomy scan Dec 6 and results Dec 11.  

Rants/Raves?: Went away shopping for the weekend with my mom which was a lot of fun but... there are SO many baby 'things'.  A little overwhelming knowing what we all need.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good now.  Tired still but I'll take that over getting sick any day. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?  Watching movies or reading in front of the fire :)

• Due date: 4/24

Any appointments? Questions?: Scheduled the anatomy scan for 1st week of December. AMA so they said its 1.5 to 2 hours!

Rants/Raves?: my MIL sent DDs Christmas gift, a battery powered vehicle for a 2.5 year old, without asking first.  I've repeatedly told my mom DD couldn't have one til 4 y.o. because DD still struggles with her tricycle.  I can see her driving that thing right into the pond as soon as she spots geese.

How are you feeling?: tired, but having trouble sleeping.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Wrapped in a blanket in front of the fireplace.

• Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan is a week and a half away. I feel so impatient, I just want to see if things are alright.

Rants/Raves?: I wish we could have more people over for thanksgiving- most of our friends ended up with other plans, so it’ll just be us and my parents.

How are you feeling?: Okay- pretty tired lately and my allergies are still in high gear.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Curled up on the couch with DH and the cat, either with a good book or a video game. Today is a chilly day, and I know I’d rather do that than head into work!

• Due date: 4/29

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an appointment tomorrow.  I'm nervous because I don't know how much I've gained...but I stopped paying attention.  I gained a lot with my other two and I don't need to this time...so I need to get my food under control

Rants/Raves?: not really

How are you feeling?: ok...I feel like it's going so fast, but it's going to stall from January to April

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? at home, on the couch, with a blanket and some coffee...

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @tmblickley what does your practice/OB consider AMA?  I find it to be different in different places.

• @mariposa_767s at my ob AMA is 35 and up
  • @mariposa_767s at my ob AMA is 35 and up
    I figured it would be at mine, but they said it was changed to 40 and up.  The only thing she said additionally was that she recommended the NIPT bloodwork.  I thought it bizarre 

• llamamamanycllamamamanyc member
    edited November 2018
    Due date: April 27, 16w4d

Any appointments?: I had my initial anatomy scan at the MFM center today. It was awesome!! Ultrasound took about 35-40 min total and the sonographer was super thorough and explained everything she was seeing/checking. Baby girl looks healthy and right on track!

Rants/Raves?: Commuting on the subway daily is getting to be a challenge. With a coat on, you can’t tell that I’m pregnant, and while I’m used to the crowds and rudeness, it’s getting to be a real pain in the you-know-what. I’m very protective, of course, and on edge about somebody elbowing me in the belly.

How are you feeling?: I’ve had a rough week. Ended up at urgent care over the weekend followed by a trip to my doctor on Monday. I’ve had a horrible respiratory infection that urgent care thought was pertussis (whooping cough)!! Thank goodness, it’s not (finally got results today). I was put on an antibiotic that made me sick from both ends. 🤮 Luckily, my doctor told me it was overkill and I was able to stop it. Finally on the mend, but missed three days of work and now playing catch up. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day?: Well, tomorrow is going to be our first snowfall in NYC. I’ll be schlepping to work in the sludge, but I’d much prefer to make a fire at home, work on my embroidery projects, watch a movie with hubs, and cook a cozy meal together! 
  • @llamamamanyc Commuting on the subway can be rough to begin with! Have you tried the classic maternity-wear ‘hand/arm on belly’ pose for the non-pole arm? It might give you a little bit of elbow deflection, too. It used to help clue me into whether someone was wearing an unflattering parka or was expecting lol. 

I always got worried about the steps in the crowded stations, especially once the slush set in- take care!
  • @lin0442 That is a tried and true trick of the trade!! 😄 This morning the subway was so crowded that no one could even see my gesture. But just now I got on a crowded subway car, and an older gentleman got right up for me. 🙌🏼 Small victories!
  • Due date: 4/25; 17 weeks today

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment tomorrow -- excited to check in. Always feels like 4 weeks between appointments is soo long

Rants/Raves?: I'm sick of the erratic poops, (missing my once a day regularity) but I am also under the impression that it's not going to get better any time soon...

How are you feeling?: So, so tired recently. I wake up after sleeping, and I just don't know how I am going to get out of bed. I might need to try applying more caffeine to my life because afternoons are just like barely keeping my eyes awake and just pretending to function.

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Maybe go out once, but then spend the rest of the day with tea, soup, and blankets.

• @mesweettea Giiiirl, I am so with you on the 💩 issues!! It’s horrible!! I’m lucky if I go 2-3 times a week!! 😳
  • @llamamamanyc hey girl, I’m in NYC!  UWS. I also go to a MFM. I wondering if we go to the same place?  

The subway is bad but the bus is even worse!  And some lines are better than others. If you’re east side the 4/5/6 are terrible. I hated when I had to take them. 
    I found I was getting a seat around the 7-9 month period but hit or miss before. And now I struggle with my 3.5 year old trying to get a seat so I don’t have to worry about holding him up too. 
  • @lovemaddux Jackson Heights, Queens here! I go to Downtown Women in SoHo, but they referred me to NYU’s MFM center for anatomy scans at 16 & 20 weeks.

I commute on the 7 train typically which is a shitshow, but thankfully most days a little rub of the belly and people offer me a seat. 4/5/6 is the worst!! I actually go two stops further to transfer to the 2/3 downtown just to avoid the 4/5/6! (I work in the Financial District.)
  • @llamamamanyc nice. My MFM is attached to Mount Sinai. 
    The 7 isn’t bad at least off peak when I take it. I’m glad it’s not just me about the 4/5/6!  The 1/2/3 are usually pretty good so I totally would go further too. 
    Hope you got home safely today. It’s gotten pretty bad out 
  • Due date: 4/25

Any appointments? Questions?: Had maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein blood draw last week, so I'm waiting for those results. And we have our anatomy scan coming up in about a week and a half. 

Rants/Raves?: Why does bloodwork take so long to get results?...on TV they find DNA in 30 seconds 🤔 (obviously I'm joking, but it does feel like an eternity). 

How are you feeling?: Mostly normal, but tend to get emotional or anxious way more easily. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? Love the cold, hate the rain. Reasonably cold, I do like to get outside for a bit. But the rain, no way, the longer I can stay in bed or on the couch binging Real Hoisewives, the better. 

• Better late than never...

Due date: 4/28 17 weeks 

Any appointments? My regular prenatal next Thursday...

Rants/ raves: I’ve put the HG behind me!!!! And earlier this time than with my first pregnancy!!!! Still have lots of aversions and wiredness about food but not throwing up and rarely nauseous the past week! Yay for eating again and leaving the house!

How are you feeling?: the best I’ve been since 5.5weeks, so grateful! 

GTKY: What’s your favorite way to spend a cold or rainy day? At home in pjs with a blanket, book and cup of tea. With either chicken soup or chili cooking away.