January 2019 Moms

Weekly ticker change: EDD 1/22-1/31 (w/o 11/8)

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming Appointments?

R/R/Q?

GTKY: If you could meet anyone, living or dead,  who would it be and why?
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly ticker change: EDD 1/22-1/31 (w/o 11/8)

• 1/30

Everything. Well my anemia is mostly under control, as is my acid reflux but everything else is a shit show. SPD, carpal tunnel, hip pain, the whole 9. 

Nov 19. It's really hard to do the two week appointment thing when it's getting close to the holidays. 

GTKY: This is tough! Probably Michelle Obama. She just seems like such an intelligent and down to Earth woman that I would love to sit and have coffee (or wine!) with! 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • kianarainkianarain member
    edited November 2018
    @ladystout08 you should change the thread to check in! I was bored & lurking so I clicked lol.

1/31

I've been getting some weird cramps when I walk too much...and by too much I mean like 5 blocks at a semi-swift pace. I had to take a break walking from a building complex to my car lol embarrassing. Also gnarly stretch marks (great) and shortness of breath to where I can't even have an animated phone conversation without lots of heavy breathing involved.

GTT on Tuesday next week! After that we're switching to every two weeks. 

I know we've already group-ranted about sleep, but damn. I've been lucky enough to sleep through the night almost this entire pregnancy until the last week or so. I'm up 3-4 times a night and it's the actual worst. 

Mine is really lame, but Chrissy Tiegen lol. (Close tie with Blake Lively.) SO FUNNY and witty. I would spend most of my time fangirling but whatever.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD? 
    1/24

Symptoms?
    So many food cravings, I want ALL the foods I can’t have. I had a dream about noodles the other day. I still have contractions off and on but my OB thinks they are just false labor because they don’t do anything.

Upcoming Appointments?
    Endocrinologist 11/12, OB 11/16. Assuming nothing happens, we are sticking with every other week until 36 weeks, and then it will weekly.

R/R/Q?
    I am out of the hospital, no more being woken up all night or terrible hospital food and I get to see DD more. I feel a little nervous about not being right there in case something happens though, part of me misses the hospital a little.

I was originally going to start biweekly NSTs at 34 weeks, but my OB doesn’t think we need to do them because it’s not worth having to come all the way to the office so often, which feels a little weird since I just got done with 6 weeks of 3x a day fetal monitoring.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @pttomato im so happy youre out if the hospital!!!

EDD? 1/27

Symptoms? Sore hips, currently sitting at my chiro waiting for sweet sweet relief.  Cant sleep, sore belly button, super hormonal, i cry at everything.

Upcoming Appointments? Ultrasound to check my placenta is tomorrow! Then i think i switch to every 2 weeks.

R/R/Q? Ugh, i hate my job. Can i go oh maternity leave yet? Also, we are getting our house painted.. house is a wreck from shit being everywhere and it was supposed to take 3-4 days and is instead taking 6. Not happy.

If you could meet anyone, living or dead,  who would it be and why? Eh who knows.  Taylor swift? Im sure i can think of a cooler answer if i try harder but my brain is fried.
  • @pttomato so glad to see that you’re home! I think the anxiety and conflicting feelings over it are understandable, and I really hope things are uneventful for you now.

EDD? The 22nd

Symptoms? Lots of soreness and reflux/heartburn and insomnia. The worst is when they all three gang up on me. Also feeling just huge and uncomfortable in the stomach. I’m a mess.

Upcoming Appointments? I have a growth scan in a week and half (on the 20th). 

R/R/Q? I’m coughing lots, specifically in the morning. Is this a thing for anyone else?

GTKY: you know, I don’t really know.  
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @pttomato yay! Glad you are free again!

EDD? 1-26

Symptoms? Joint pain, mainly sacral-iliac and my ankle and foot arches. Reflux. Moody- I cried most of Mon and Tues for no real reason.

Upcoming Appointments? 28 wk growth scan and ob appt tomorrow. I have a feeling this baby is much bigger than DD was, we will see.

R/R/Q?
    Anyone see the 3rd tri real questions on the bump app? Good God, it's all "am i in labor?" and "I'm having discharge that looks like X - is this normal?"

Ugh.  
  • @luckymay2x lmao “pink discard” is one I just saw. I may just be an a**hole but I like to scroll & troll 

@pttomato YAY for out of the hospital! 
  • R/R/Q?
    Anyone see the 3rd tri real questions on the bump app? Good God, it's all "am i in labor?" and "I'm having discharge that looks like X - is this normal?"
    I asked variations of both these questions when I was in the hospital and this isn’t even my first, although I didn’t go into labor on my own last time. 😬
  • @pttomato did you ask the questions in a forum, or to your doctors? I think it is normal to wonder/question about symptoms, but I just would ask my doctor rather than the interwebs.

I remember my 36 appt with DD where I was leaking so much discharge and actually cried when talking to the doctor because I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid. It was all just normal discharge.

The end of pregnancy is FAR from lovely.
  • @pttomato I'm so glad you're out of the hospital! 

@MrsDho11 I cough a ton in the morning. It's like all the gunk settles in my lungs while I sleep and then I spend an hour in the morning clearing it out. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • edited November 2018
    @pttomato so glad you’re home! Hope the rest of your pregnancy is super boring. 🙂

EDD?
    1/27

Symptoms?
    Feeling like an 85 year old every time I get up from sitting/lying down, heartburn, achyness

Upcoming Appointments?
    I’m seeing an MFM on Monday to look further into the baby’s enlarged brain ventricle. I’ll see my OB again on 11/20 for a regular appointment. 

R/R/Q?
    DH needs FIL to come back up here one weekend to finish working on our bonus room, but our next few weekends are busy.. soon enough it will be Christmastime. I’m so anxious to get started on the baby’s room, but I don’t think I’ll be able to until at least a month or so. 

GTKY: If you could meet anyone, living or dead,  who would it be and why?
    I never have a good answer to this question.. both of my grandfathers passsed away before I was born, so I would like to meet them. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• @pttomato I'm so glad you're out of the hospital! 

@MrsDho11 I cough a ton in the morning. It's like all the gunk settles in my lungs while I sleep and then I spend an hour in the morning clearing it out. 
    There’s no gunk involved that I can tell. Sigh. I assume it’s a weird lung crowding by baby plus asthma thing. That gets worse when I’m more tired for some reason.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• EDD - 1/8

symptoms - ugh. SI pain that makes walking super difficult, and heartburn that won't quit. I usually don't have much of an appetite because of it and am dreaming of being able to eat with abandon in a few months....massive feet and ankles, that just started too :/

appointments - growth scan on 11/16

r/r/q? - my work is revising their leave policies and they still haven't finalized the new version! I have probably 5 weeks left in the office and still don't know what my leave/pay will be. also they are picking a new health insurance policy so who knows if my doc will be covered when I go into labor!?!?

gtky - this is super random but Jacques Pepin, I adore him and he's supposed to be the nicest nicest man in person. 

• 1/23

Appointment: we have an appointment on the 21st for 4d ultrasound. DH really wants to see her and I am just like she doesn’t show her face so this better not be a waste of money. I did pass my GTT last week though.

Symptoms: SI Joint pain and shortness of breath. Also a real lack of caring about much?

RRQ: I want to buy everything off my list like now for the baby... we aren’t doing a baby shower and I the rest is probably going to be on us but I am trying to hold off just in case someone random offers.

GTKY: I wasn’t sure until someone mentioned their grandfather. My grandmother passed away a month before I was born and I have always wanted to meet her. From the little bit I know about her she sounds like the only family member I would have a lot in common with. I even found out I read the same books she did.
  • EDD? 1/26

Symptoms? Third trimester exhaustion, Sore hips, leg cramps, constant bathroom trips to pee. 

Upcoming Appointments? Tuesday 11/13 have a regular OB follow up and anesthesia consult 

R/R/Q? Rave: My baby shower was bomb and everything was perfect. Looked like a Pinterest board came to life. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and people gave so generously. Makes my heart so warm. 

GTKY: If you could meet anyone, living or dead,  who would it be and why? I’m going to twist this a little bit and say I would like my father to be able to meet his granddaughter. It’s going on 14yrs that he’s passed and I’m the baby of 9 kids. So although I’ve already met him my baby girl will sadly not get to. 
  • I know I’ve been severely MIA recently. Between being fairly heavily involved in the recent election, still working, and being in the middle of our first year of homeschooling, I have not had a chance to drop in as much as I would have liked. I have read everyone’s posts, though.

EDD? 1/22

Symptoms? Just being uncomfortable and having a difficult one with mobility. I have an exercise ball and when at home, it all I use to sit on. I also have an awesome pillow designed for pregnancy that has made sleep better. I have given up on shoes that tie; it’s just slip-one for me from now on.

Upcoming Appointments? This coming Thursday we will go over my lab work that was drawn last time. Hopefully it’s all good. 

GTKY: If you could meet anyone, living or dead,  who would it be and why? I like ms_stevens87 idea. My dad passed away in March of last year, so this baby won’t get a chance to meet him. Of course, the thing that makes me more sad is that this baby, and my other kids, won’t get to continue growing up with my dad in their lives. He was an amazing Grandpa. He was always excited to see my kids and took so much interest in them, planning personalized outings and get togethers with them. He loved them so much, and they could tell. They loved him, too. 

As for who I’d meet, though, I’d love to meet CS Lewis, or Mother Teresa. If we’re talking of all time, I guess I’d love a real sit down with Jesus; find out some things straight from the source.
  • @pttomato did you ask the questions in a forum, or to your doctors? I think it is normal to wonder/question about symptoms, but I just would ask my doctor rather than the interwebs.

I remember my 36 appt with DD where I was leaking so much discharge and actually cried when talking to the doctor because I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid. It was all just normal discharge.

The end of pregnancy is FAR from lovely.
    My nurses mostly. I still find the whole thing kind of confusing though. When I was initially admitted I was having non-painful contractions every 2-3 minutes and was told I was in pre-term labor, but then when I had the same thing later, I was told that wasn't actually labor because it wasn't painful. That seems to be the consensus among the doctors and nurses I talked to, that labor=painful contractions, but with DD I didn't have painful contractions until they broke my water at 5 cm. 

TBH even talking to medical professionals, it still seemed like a lot of it was hindsight. "That could have been labor, but your cervix didn't change so it must not have been." Obviously consulting with your doctor is best, but I can see how people feel unsure about this stuff and want the reassurance of others who have gone through it.
  • EDD? 1/27

Symptoms: the worst carpel tunnel, back pain, and trouble getting comfortable on the couch, at work, and especially at night. I wear wrist guards at night and a brace during the day.  Anyone else have carpel tunnel?  I also cough a lot and have some sinus issues.

upcoming appointments: tomorrow at 7:40 the 30 week check-up.

R/R/Q:  my coworkers threw me a baby shower on my birthday 11/14.  Rant-  people say weird things like “Wow you must be having a big baby!”

GTKY: this is difficult!  I would say I would love to have loved ones back who could meet my baby boy.  Or if it was a famous person, I have always wanted to talk to Oprah.  

• 1/17

Braxton Hicks, Back Pain, Pelvic Discomfort, Heartburn, and crazy tired all the time now.

Next Bi weekly appt 11/26

I'm not sure who of want to meet.
  • Ask your doc about taking Zantac for heartburn and reflux. Its worked wonders for me since I started taking it. I am able to sleep at night providing I'm not in pain or sore from LO's movements 
  • @dotty552 Ask your doc about taking Zantac for heartburn and reflux. Its worked wonders for me since I started taking it. I am able to sleep at night providing I'm not in pain or sore from LO's movements