TTC After a Loss

November WTO

Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: November WTO

• I’m CD 14 and still at “low.” I’m feeling really defeated and like I probably have scar tissue preventing me from getting pregnant. So. Super fun, positive attitude over here!
  • CD11, will start using OPKs on monday (usually O around cd17). hopefully my temps will even out a bit before then as I am all over the place at the moment. Not really expecting anything this month as this is cycle 1 trying after my last MC and I still don't feel quite right,

@mwmiller4 I hate days like that, it all just seems so pointless. FX for a peak test :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @mwmiller4 what day do you normally o? The first time I did OPK I was pretty panicked to get negatives repeatedly, and then didn't O until CD 21... I was shocked.

So... I'm CD 13. Was expecting to O in 4 days. Full out AF today..... Wtf?! This has NEVER happened in my life. Texted my family Dr. He thinks it might be an early MC. But my HPT before my last AF was negative. And it was a normal AF (except that I spotted for 6 days after. Which is unusual for me.)
    So basically I had 9 days of bleeding, 2 days off, then spotting yesterday and full out today.. wtf is wrong with my body?!
    Currently sitting here waiting for results from 2 hpt. I don't expect positives. There's no way, after that last AF...... So... Something else is wrong with me ....
  • CD 2, *TW*
    conceived this time last year with our first loss so I'm missing him and what would've been. 
    Ho hum on this cold, rainy day 
    Let's go November! 
  • CD9, first cycle after MC in Sep. Kind of nervous/anxious with this cycle to be honest
  • @rowedking6 I’m sorry about the anniversary.  It sucks.  We should be celebrating a 1st birthday on the 11th.  I also found out I was pregnant with my 3rd loss on the 17th.   I hope you can find something positive to do to keep your mind off things. 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k me too. I am keeping myself calm by kind of assuming it can't happen this quick. Getting pregnant again while my absolute dream also sounds like the scariest thing right now.
  • @lokibear89 I’ve been ovulating on CD 14 or 15 and have 2-4 days of “high” before peak. This month I had peak at Cd15 with no high before. I hope you’re feeling more normal and that this is the cycle for you!

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k GL and I hope you’re feeling less anxious

@rowedking6 and @Mack2342 anniversaries are so hard—I hope they fall as gently as possible on you 
  • CD1 over here.  Gonna start temping and using OPKs this cycle.  Here we go!
    CP 3/2019
  • Think that today is the day, CM and an almost positive OPK yesterday. Will test tonight but hopefully will be in the TWW in a day or so.
  • so this cycle isn't working out as expected, CD17 and I've been randomly spotting now this past week, I don't see how ovulation will come now. Hopefully the next month will regulate itself
  • CD1 for me, AF was a couple of days early this time. 
  • CD 5. Had SIS today—RE said my uterus looked A++ and I’m freaking frustrated. I want a problem to fix and I feel like you guys are the only ones who will get it. I’m also annoyed because the lab didn’t pick up my Day 3 bloodwork so I had to redo it today AND she almost didn’t do the endometrial biopsy (not my primary doc—so it’s not like she ordered it, but still).
  • @mwmiller4 it’s great that there was nothing wrong but I feel just like you, I just want to know what the issue is so I can fix something!!
  • @mwmiller4 I totally get that.  I'm sorry you didn't get any answers today. 
    CP 3/2019
  • @mwmiller4 I understand. I feel that we got pregnant so easily and this time I feel like it's much more difficult. My cycle changing in length and symptoms is not helping either. :/
  • I usually lurk here, but I need to vent. I'm feeling so confused by my cycle. *TW I'm 20 days post D&E End TW* I thought my period started on the 11th, but it kept stopping and starting for 6 days. Then on what I thought was CD9 I got a peak positive OPK and now on CD11, I feel like I am about to get my period again. Maybe the first "period" wasn't actually one and this one will be. This is so frustrating. I just want to have my one normal cycle so we can actually TTC! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom I'm sorry your confused. After my first D&C I spotted consistently for the first 12 days and then spotted on and off until ovulation. I didnt ovulate until CD 27 (considering D&E day 1) which is quite late for me. I suspect that what you experienced wasnt your period. Have you been tracking your HCG down or temping?
  • @prpl11butterfly they didn't do any HCG tracking so I am not sure where I'm at there. I no longer "feel pregnant" so maybe the hormones are finally gone. Not temping either, but maybe I should start. I've always had a really regular and predictable cycle so I am hopeful it will get back to that eventually. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• edited November 2018
    @zuuls_momIt seems like after a D&E they don't track because they can test the tissue to see if it was a molar pregnancy. With a natural MC, the falling hcg levels are the way they check that. Last time I used some about to expire Wondfo OPKs and was still getting clear positives 13 days after surgery.  This time I have 3 Wondfo HPTs about to expire so I'm using 1 week. 12 days out yesterday and still turning. I highly recommend temping (and vaginally at that) too. I think temping kept me sane through my first one. It let me know for sure what was going on with my body. I haven't started again yet from this one but plan to start this weekend.

ETA for tag
  • @zuuls_mom I agree with @prpl11butterfly I don’t think that was your period.  After my 3 d & cs they told me my period would arrive anywhere from 4-6 weeks after the procedure.  With my first one, I bled off and on for about 6 weeks and then I got a period.  With my last two, I bled only a few days and then got a period about 4 weeks after with each.  I didn’t track down anything with any of mine.  With the last one I did start taking temp right away and did test with OPKs but nothing else.  Sometimes it takes a few months for our bodies to find a normal after a MC. My normal cycle never returned but cycle did find a new normal
  • Thank you @Mack2342! Since I o'ed already, I will keep an eye out for my period in hopefully a couple weeks. I appreciate both of your input! This has all been so confusing and frustrating so I am very thankful for this board and the wonderful ladies on it. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom you may not have ovulated though. A positive OPK isnt a guarantee but an indicator that you likely will. It's not uncommon for the first cycle after loss to be an anovulatory.
  • @zuuls_mom after my d&c I had positive opks  around the time I normally ovulate , CD 18-19, but didn’t actually O till CD25 or so. If I hadn’t been temping I wouldn’t have been able to tell ... it was helpful to know! 
  • Oh wow! That is good to know!! I really will look into temping. My temp is all over the place so I wasn't sure if it would work well for me. Couldn't hurt though!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• CD1 for me.  Not sure if we can try yet I will have to check how long I have to wait after I finish these meds 
  • I'm on CD 8. I normally ovulate on CD 13 or 14 w/ovulation cramping. But since my D&E in June, my period cramps feel like my ovulation cramps and I feel nothing anymore when I ovulate. So I'm wondering if I ovulate earlier now. Im gonna start using OPK's from now until CD 14.