March 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 11/16

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: FFFC 11/16

• Options
    @meggyme totally feel you! I was really wanting a glass of red wine to sit by the fire yesterday! 
    AFM we have dinner plans with friends tomorrow and I’m throughly annoyed that they chose a high end steakhouse for dinner - we couldn’t get reservations until 8pm, meals are $25+ not including sides and I’m not supposed to be eating undercooked meat... I may be planning to eat a heavy snack before hand... 🤷‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m probably going to get flamed by dog lovers for this one. I hate my dogs right now. You know how some women hate their husbands and everything they do while pregnant? That’s me towards our dogs right now. Don’t get freaked out dog lovers, my husband does most of the caring for them and they are neglected or abused, they are getting older 9 and 10 and our 9 year old female we just learned has degenerative myelopathy, and our make is not helpful when I’m trying to help her do things she used to be able to do, like get on the bed. She’s a 75lb boxer who I shouldn’t even be lifting to get on the bed and our JA male always get in my face and in the way making it harder to get on the bed bc she freaks out and kicks away from the bed. I know it’s my hormones making me resent him bc the reasons I resent him make no sense bc he is a dog who doesn’t know better. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @meggyme mmm.  Bourbon.

@lelkcot eat ALL the snacks!  And maybe a delicious dessert at the restaurant?

@bdesterhouse EVERYTHING my dog does drives me crazy right now.  Last night she burrowed into some of  the clean laundry and I almost burst into tears.  Hormones are super cool!

My confession is that today is the H's birthday and I'm taking him out for dinner and I really don't wanna go.  It's cold here today (for Florida) and I've been traveling for work and I really just want to stay in and watch TV!  But out we will go (he's so excited).
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse my dog has been an extra needy asshole lately, so even as a dog lover, I can totally sympathize. And sick dogs are extra tough. My dog caught a possum the other night, he chewed up part of a baby shower gift and I had to rush order another one, and he's been getting into the toilet paper. And every night when I get up to pee he steals my spot in the bed! Little prick...
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse My dog has been driving me crazy as well. The other night, my husband was watching TV, DD was playing with a noisy toy, the oven was beeping at me, the fire alarm went off, and the dog wouldn't stop whining. I took it out on the dog by yelling at her. I felt awful afterward, and gave her a treat.

I put my hair in a bun to go to sleep last night. My hair is still in said bun. At work. I justified it by hey, it's casual Friday. Bonus: my boss isn't here. 
  • Options
    I’m glad I’m not alone on the dog front. I feel terrible when I’m at work but then get annoyed again as soon as they start their antics. I told my husband no pets after them. He laughed and said yeah, okay. You’ll last maybe a week. 

• Options
    So I feel really bad about this one. My two year old is driving me bonkers. Everything is a whine or a cry. I haven’t heard her regular speaking voice in about a week. If I have to listen to one more insane 2 year old complaint or tears over nothing I am going to lose my shit. 

I am realizing that this is more of a rant than a confession, but I am going with it. She’s a really good kid, but there is only so much a pregnant mama can take! 
  • Options
    Omg I got so annoyed at my dog last night - - he had gone to doggie daycare all day and then we took him straight to the dog park after picking him up (where he pooped 4x!!!!! How is that even possible?!?!!) and when we got home I fed him and he proceeded to whine at us (he only whines when he needs a walk.... Not gonna happen after 4 poops, buddy) for 3 hours. We took him down the long driveway to pee but it was dark and cold and neither of us wanted to go on a full walk with him, and again he didn't actually need it. It took him so long to go to sleep. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit AMEN! DD's been kind of sick so she's been extra cranky, but she's also been in this obnoxious baby talk phase. She can speak surprisingly well for a 2.5 yr old, but lately you wouldn't know it because all she says is "Dadadada, didididid" It drives me absolutely insane because I KNOW she can tell me what she needs. She's also been a total sour patch kid, being all cute and adorable and having an epic tantrum because I asked her to go play in her playroom. The other day I asked her to go potty and she stood in the bathroom whining and pawing at her pants like she didn't know how to do it for 10 MINUTES! Ugh!
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse my pets are driving me up the wall as well. I just don’t have any patience for them lately. @maggiemadeit i feel ya, I definitely have less patience for DS’s whining these days.
  • Options
    @lelkcot I have to admit I have not given up steak! From what I’ve read, the concern for red meat is bacteria on the outside, so a good searing should do it. I get it medium well or just medium depending on if I know how they come out at that restaurant. I also only get it at higher end places. But I guess it really just depends on what kind of risk you’re comfortable with.
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit that's what I hated about 2's! My son didn't really have tantrums, but the constant whining was getting me! Thankfully I noticed that he's doing it way less now that he turned 3! So there is hope :smile:

• Options
    @lelkcot @meggyme @mihaelams1 I’m glad it’s not just me! She’ll be 3 in January so hopefully we just have to ride out this whiny phase a little bit longer. 
  • Options
    I’m right there with you ladies! Everything is a whine or a yell or the sweetest thing ever. I keep hearing that 3 will be worse but I can’t imagine how! 

I’ll also add that my cats are extremely annoying lately as well. It’s like they want to merge with my body! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Add me to the dogs and the toddlers driving me nuts. One of my dogs has a huge list of medical issues, including anxiety, and she gets upset over everything. I had spent over an hr trying to get ds to bed and she barked at her shadow, and I swear I saw red.

And ds is in a hitting stage. He only hits me (which I am grateful for because he doesn't hit other kids) but it's getting old. He's bruising me, and today he gave me a blood nose in the grocery store, and I had to use the trolley sanitizer wipes to stop the bleeding because I had nothing else. I lost my mind at him in the parking lot, and then felt terrible. 

My fffc is DH is out tonight, and I have plans tomorrow at 9.30am. He's in charge of DS, whether he's hungover or not. I'm kind of hoping he's hungover so he can pay for not listening to me. 

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    I’ve been pretty ragey lately. DD was up at 5:55 this morning and would not stay in bed then had a tantrum, DH then asked me if I was ok while half asleep and still in bed, the DD pooped in her pull-ups while right next to us... not a good way to start a weekend.
  • Options
    Hugs @meggyme, hopefully your day turns around. 

I keep  waking up to carpel tunnel pain in my thumb, and having insomnia. I’m about to smack my husband bc the last several nights he’s sleeping super close and facing me. Normally he’s on the other side, face towards the edge of the bed. So then I can normally spread out and get comfy, nope not this week. I’ve been awake since 4. He wanted to sleep till 8. I might let him sleep another 20 mins if he’s lucky. 

• Options
    @babycolima12 thanks, I know red meat contamination is a pretty unlikely concern, but I’m too much of a worrier to risk it!
    @LilLambie hope you’re plans are for something fun!
    @meggyme that is a rough start to the weekend - hope the rest of it is more pleasant!
  • Options
    @mayoduck that is one of the most hilarious future-karma-is-a-B scenarios I’ve ever heard.  :D
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    So my niece is running a fever and my SIL thinks I'm fine to still come over tomorrow as long as I "stay away".  Sorry but wtf? 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @kristimh80 because kids are really good with infection control. 🙄
  • Options
    @meggyme Right? Luckily MH knows I won't go anywhere that people are known to be sick. Guess was just shocked someone with 3 kids thinks its ok lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 Nope nope nope. The only thing worse than being sick is being sick when you’re pregnant! 
  • Options
    @kristimh80 if your poor niece is running a fever she need to be home resting, not being dragged around to family gatherings to share germs! Not cool! 
  • Options
    kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks ladies! My one gf that has 2 grown kids responded to me that kids are always getting sick, that I needed to get use to it.  :# Needless to say it took all I had not to respond badly!

@lelkcot Yes! But the dinner tonight was at her house where all the germs are breeding lol 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 Oh, jeez! Yes, of course kids are always getting sick, but it makes a huge difference when you can take medicine to ease your symptoms! Those women must either have avoided sickness while pregnant or they don't remember.

I got a MILD cold at the end of the first trimester and once that was over, it turned into a double ear infection and a lingering sore throat that gave both my husband and I weeks of sleepless nights. No, ma'am, I would not wish that on anyone!
  • Options
    @kristimh80 ooo no! Well that’s problematic. As to you’re friends comment, have a bunch of family and friends with kids, and we all have a pretty consistent rule about canceling plans if a kid has a fever. Yes, they’re sick a lot, but a cold is one thing (and even a cold is super miserable during pregnancy!) but a fever is not something to share! 
  • Options
    @mayoduck Awe you poor thing! I can't even imagine! 

@lelkcot That's a great rule to have! My one SIL's kids are always sick, so I've already commented to MH that kids maybe banned from the hospital already. Not sure if my SIL over-exaggerates or what. I think my one gf just has older kids and forgot. Just annoying having to remind people. But I will enjoy vegging out tonight instead! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    mihaelams1mihaelams1 member
    edited November 2018
    @lelkcot - same here! I even plan to go out and shop for some new shoes for my fitness class, then bring my son over to my office since his daycare closes early today.