July 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY 11/19 - Favorite Children's Books

What childhood books do you LOVE that you can't wait to share with LO?

Re: GTKY 11/19 - Favorite Children's Books

• Options
    I share most of them with my 2 year old, and she loves them.  We love If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (and the others in the series.  We also read a lot of Curious George, which I loved as a kid, less so as an adult.  The Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear Brown Bear are also favorites.
  • Options
    The Snowy Day is a fave in our house and The Very Hungry Caterpillar 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love A Light in the Attic and Where the Sidewalk Ends. Also Blueberries for Sal and Make Way for Ducklings are perfection. 
  • Options
    Love you Forever is a love hate for me. My mom got it for me for either my baby shower or mother's day with my first. And I saw it and almost lost it. Now I like to challenge myself and see if I can read it without crying. So far I lose eveytime.

We also love hungry Caterpillar. Polar express. 

Each year I wrap 24 books and we start opening the. December 1st ending with night before Christmas on Christmas eve. I'm a book lover.
  • Options
    All the Shel Silverstein are favorites here. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    For really young kids, I'm not sure - definitely Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein, though. By the time I got to school, the Junie B. Jones and Ramona Quimby series really spoke to me because both authors nailed what goes through a child's mind. I'm definitely going to cherish Harry Potter with my kids, too :)
    @KayAyn121 I can't read that book either. My fourth grade teacher told us she was going to read us her "favorite story" and that the first time she read it, she couldn't make it through without crying, and if we dared make fun of it, we were going straight to the principal's office. So we all sat there like statues because y'know, at that age you can't cry in front of your classmates without them making fun of you. But now when I even *think* about the book... :bawling: 
  • Options
    @hestia14 so many years with that book!! 

I'm also a Harry Potter fan and cant wait until my oldest can sit through chapters being read to her. 
  • Options
    @KayAyn121 I loooooooooooooove your holiday book idea SO MUCH!

• Options
    My boys share my love for The Lorax and The velveteen rabbit.

@kayayn121 I was given that book for each of my kids. I’ve kept them in their keepsake boxes for when they’re older. I’ve maybe read it to the once. Water works every single time.
  • Options
    Both of my boys got hooked on Pout Pout fish - which is ah-dorable. My oldest is starting to be more interested in longer books like Dr Seuss  and he loves The Gruffalo. I can’t wait for him to be old enough for Harry Potter!! We will read all the books together!
  • Options
    My DD (almost 3) loves The Book With No Pictures, cracks her up every time...an early favorite was Blue Hat, Green Hat and basically most of the books by the same author. 

@ketomommy I totally agree about Curious George!! I bought a few with fond memories from childhood and don’t love the messages at all as an adult :) of course DD loves them so they still get read a lot...
  • Options
    My son particularly loves his Eric Carl books, in specific “Polar Bear Polar Bear, What do you Hear?” And “Brown Bear Brown Bear, What do you See?” 
    For older children, I’m so partial to The Giving Tree even though it’s a sad one. I think it’s a good lesson about selflessness though. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia were my FAVORITES and they still are. I'm actually snoozing on the couch and the Chronicles of Narnia movie just started on SYFY channel!