Options

Group 2 Check-In (EDD July 9-16) - Week of 11/19/18

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
Baby is the size of a(n):
Upcoming Appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal? 

Re: Group 2 Check-In (EDD July 9-16) - Week of 11/19/18

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 16/5W6D
    Baby is the size of a(n): straw opening
    Upcoming Appointments: initial appointment 12/4
    How are you feeling?: Still tired all the time, but that's about it. Last night was the first time I didn't wake up to pee! :) But not even coffee helps me stay awake anymore :(
    Rants/Raves: Rant: still scared the nausea is going to kick in right on Thanksgiving Day. But my rave is that I've decided to tell my extended family over Thanksgiving. It's either I tell them now or excuse myself from my IL's Christmas Eve party to tell them over video chat where they may not hear me clearly...or not tell them until February when I make my social media announcement. It sucks having almost no family close by :/ 
    Questions: nope!
    GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal?: I work in online retail, so I've been in Black Friday mode for a month now lol. I might actually buy some of my company's products because I can get my rebate on top of the sale price! :p 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 9, 6wks6d
    Baby is the size of a(n): sweetpea? 
    Upcoming Appointments: still need to call and make one. 🙈
    How are you feeling?: nauseous, tired, can't get comfortable, boobs hurt, bloated, and just very blah in general
    Rants/Raves: on top of all the pregnancy symptoms I'm freaking sick. Cough, congestion, runny nose. So blah. 
    Questions: 
    GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal? Nope. We stay far far away from anything Black Friday. People be crazy lol! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 9th | 6 weeks, 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip 😋

Upcoming Appointments: still waiting for 11/29 ... feels like an eternity away.

How are you feeling?: the nausea and vomiting is ridiculous - I haven’t left the house in a week 😩

Rants/Raves: Rants ... my MIL is driving me up the wall. She blames everything on me because I’m an easy target. She lives 30 minutes away and says that I am the reason she doesn’t see her grandson. Hello?! Pick up the phone and invite me to do something. Or better yet, offer to watch him once in awhile so I can having a freaking break! She’s babysat ONCE in 2.5 years. 

Questions: does anyone else have issues with their MIL? I know it’s common but these hormones are making my feelings for her even worse. 

GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal?
    Maybe online this year for Cyber Monday! I used to wait outside stores like Old Navy and Target before I had kids. Now I’m too tired or we decide it’s too dangerous for the kiddos. Not trying to get trampled 😅

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    @mamahmh2 I told my MIL that I was having bad morning sickness, her response?  Well now you will meet your weight loss goals.

• Options
    @ketomommy you’re kidding right?! I’m so hormonal right now I would’ve ripped her a new one.... So sorry you’re dealing with that 🙁

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    @mamahmh2 I have a very strained relationship with my MIL. She's quite manipulative, very self centered, and honestly just isn't a very nice person. We moved closer to home (about 45mins away) when I was pregnant with my 2nd so she could help us with #1 when I went into labor. We called her when I was sent to L&D like she told us to and she got mad and refused to come because we didn't give her more warning. She finally made it 6hrs after he was born, hair and nails done, and my husband had to go home from the hospital to wait on her hand and foot and watch our first.

This is also to lady that refuses to come visit us even though we will take care of the flight, hotel or she can stay here, and all meals, she literally just has to find a way to get to and home from the airport there. Her excuse well I just can't find anyone to watch my dog.. A single miniature Yorkie.. But fully expects my husband to take off from his insane schedule (she doesn't work), and pack up 2 adults and 4 kids, drive 8hrs to see her, and get someone to take care of our dogs, cats, and entire farm like it's no problem.

I could go on because I have SOO many stories.. But yea. You definitely aren't alone. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @ketomommy o_0 ...what a terrible response. I'm sorry :( 
    @mamahmh2 My MIL and my mom are the two most opposite women imaginable...which is not to say that one is always better than the other. I've only gotten one judgmental comment from my mom so far ("You're not gonna be one of those people who takes their baby out trick-or-treating, are you?"), but I know it definitely won't be the last  :(
    The one I'm worried about most is my FIL. When we announced, he was the most thrilled I'd ever seen him, but then it dovetailed into a bunch of pregnancy comments that he probably thought were funny, like, "Now, you have to go on a strict vegetarian diet because you're pregnant!" (huh?) and "If it's a girl, I have to go buy Barbies!" (sigh.) I'm not the type to humor people and I don't want my responses to comments like that to be brushed off as "pregnancy hormones." I'm probably overthinking things as usual :/ 
  • Options
    quinniebearquinniebear member
    edited November 2018

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16 / 5w6d
    Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed
    Upcoming Appointments: 12/10
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Tired, sore boobs, some nausea, bloated. Having totally bizarre dreams.
    Rants/Raves: Visiting home, bought a bunch of cute stuff at a craft market, then realized none of it will fit in my carry on suitcase 😫 Excited about Thanksgiving!
    Questions: none
    GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal?  Nope nope nope. I do sometimes check for online deals though :smile:

• Options
    ketomommy said:
    @mamahmh2 I told my MIL that I was having bad morning sickness, her response?  Well now you will meet your weight loss goals.

Oh yuck. What a bitch. Sorry girl. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @ketomommy oh hell no! 
    @mamahmh2 sorry about that :/ mine drives me up the wall sometimes too
  • Options
    Actually that was almost a compliment coming from my MIL.  Sadly, she is convinced I am only married to my husband for his money.  I am not sure what money she is speaking about.  

I give it right back to her, in my kindest of voices, because I don't care anymore.  She is obsessed with breastfeeding.  My FIL was a pediatrician who made it his mission to get more women to breastfeed in the 80s.  She feels like it's his legacy to ensure that everyone breastfeeds.  It didn't work out with my first.  I made it clear to her last week that I am not breastfeeding this kid.  There was no need to declare it, I was just done with her shit.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13th/ 6w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): corn kernel 

Upcoming Appointments: 12/5

How are you feeling?: still feeling really well, and I’m so thankful. I’m super nervous the nausea and all day sickness will start soon though, like my last 2 pregnancies

Rants/Raves: DH had a weekend away for a wedding and we had a blast! 

Questions: none

I’ve never waited outside of a store. I’ll probably do some online shopping, and might hit up Michaels for some crafting supplies! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @nopegoat see, I don’t understand that selfishness!! Somewhere deep inside she has to know it is easier for her to visit you then vice versus, but she just doesn’t care! That’s how mine is. My husband is so laid back about it (just that F it attitude) but it’s taken him years to get there. She was an awful mother and is repeating the same with her grandchild. It’s really hard for me to understand because my mother would bend over backwards to make things easier for us. I try to remind myself that one day my son will get married and I know it’ll be hard, but I definitely don’t want to be an insufferable bitch about it like she is 😂

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    @hestia14 I’m sorry about the comments!! It’s probably worse coming from a male 🙁 and it’s sooo much harder to tolerate when your hormones are raging. I wanna tell em all like it is! and it sounds like you have it coming from all angles! :(

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/9, 6w6d
    Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 
    Upcoming Appointments: 12/5

How are you feeling?: TIRED. I don't have much motivation to do anything. And I need a long break from work. 

Rants/Raves: My BIL is being a real douche and I'm not looking forward to being stuck with him in the same house all holiday weekend long. He just got out of a long term relationship and is taking his bad mood out on everyone. But I'm NOT the one. 
    MIL told him DH and I are expecting. He hasn't given us one word of congratulations. What kind of dick isn't excited to be uncle? My brother congratulated me right away after mom told him. 

Never did Black Friday sales. I am definitely going to take a look at deals for the more expensive baby items this year though. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 14/ 6w2d-ish

Baby is the size of a(n):  Sweet Pea 

Upcoming Appointments: First appointment is 11/21

How are you feeling?:  A little blah, sleeping pretty rough, sore boobs, bloating, gas. 

Rants/Raves: 2 things...my husband and I have been keeping the pregnancy to ourselves for right now. But today he told some of his close coworkers and now I want to tell some of my friends so that we’re even. 😂 
    I also think I miscaluted my EDD because my cycle is about 33 days (give or take) and many of the pregnancy apps don’t ask for cycle length. So I thought I was almost 7 weeks but I think I might be 6ish. Either way I’m still excited. Just hoping we can see a few things at our appointment on Wednesday. 

Questions: When are y’all announcing to family? 

I have never stood outside and i don’t think I’ll be doing too much shopping this go around. 
  • Options
    KayAyn121KayAyn121 member
    edited November 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 9th./ 7weeks today
    Upcoming Appointments: Dec. 7th initial ob appt. I had my normal yearly physical right when I found out I was pregnant, but I'll get my ultrasound and official due date then. 
    How are you feeling?: so so tired. And I have more anxiety with this one. Irrational fears of something happening to me while in labor, or fear that I'll lose my bond with my first child that we've created (obviously hormonal reactions). I also am more queasy this time. Also breast tenderness and mood changes. I was easily annoyed and short with my DD this weekend and major mommy guilt about it.
    Rants/Raves: I just want to not be tired anymore. Raves we told our 3 year old and she has been such a big helper now as much as she can be. And is so excited for a baby.
    I may go to target with my SIL. But I will not go on Thanksgiving. I dont know if I'll have the energy or patience to go out in public Friday!! I will for sure online shop. 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for all the shitty MIL’s in the group!!! Mine has her moments, but she’s looking a little like a saint at the moment 😂

Due July 9
    appointment tomorrow! 
    Rants/raves: this nausea is KICKING MY ASS. I think probably 80% of the day I feel like I could barf? Low energy. Bummed at how much crap I’m eating. Terrified to get the weigh in lecture tomorrow. Gas. 
    Excited to tell DD tomorrow though! And my parents on Wednesday! 

Black Friday: I don’t go in person, but I do love the online sales. Going to try to keep it in check, but crossing my fingers that the dockatot and the snoogle go on sale somewhere! 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD July 15, 6w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): earring back

Upcoming Appointments: US is Dec 18th

How are you feeling?: Mostly fine. Some cramping, boobs are a little sore, tired. No nausea, no mood swings.

Rants/Raves: At my confirmation appointment yesterday, the nurse said nausea is a good sign. Since I've had none, I suddenly feel like I'm failing at pregnancy. This might be my only shot to make a baby so I've got a lot of pressure on myself right now.

Questions: I have a million questions, but can't seem to think of any right now.

GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal? NOPE! I stay far away from stores on Black Friday!
  • Options
    bzcuddybzcuddy member
    edited November 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 11th  - 6 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate seed

Upcoming Appointments: first maternity Dec 4 (so far away 😩)

How are you feeling?: exhausted, food aversions/nausea, breasts slightly tender

Rants/Raves: DH is going to NYC next weekend for a friends 30th birthday (no wives allowed) so I offered to watch my niece and nephew Saturday night so that my SIL/BIL can go to the Bruins game - I’m sure this will be a reality check for my future (first time mom) 😂

Questions: For STMs - do you feel like you had more energy right when the second trimester hit? I’m feeling guilty about not exercising or eating very healthy right now, but the nausea and exhaustion are kicking my butt! 

GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal? I have never really been into Black Friday deals - I feel like they’re a scam. Unless it’s a GREAT deal I’d rather sleep (especially these days) haha. Luckily I’m pretty much done with my Xmas shopping this year. 

Food for thought (in a totally non-confrontational way) : my MIL passed away in 2016 so sadly she will not get to meet our little one and we miss her dearly. Try to take everything in stride - even though I totally agree some of these MIL stories sound miserable!! 
  • Options
    @bzcuddy normally around 15/16wks I start feeling better and have more energy. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @bzcuddy if I remember correctly there really was marked improvement around 13/14 weeks. I’m banking on it!! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/15 6w2d
    Baby is the size of a(n): no idea! Pomegranate seed?
    Upcoming Appointments: had one today, was super nervous bc I got a call over the weekend about my sono from Fri that dr wanted to see me ASAP so I thought something was wrong. But nope, everything is fine! So no really sure what the rush was?
    How are you feeling?: tired, also sick (I feel ya @nopegoat same here, runny nose, cough, headache. And so so tired.
    Rants/Raves: bit of both, I was super stressing all wkend about why my dr wanted to see me and was bracing for bad news but everything is fine. So I’m kinda pissed they put me through that but super excited everything looks normal!
    Questions: nope
    GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal?  Never!! Im not patient enough for that. Id be the one punching someone LOL But I’ll be online shopping all weekend!!

@ketomommy I’m so sorry. That is the WORST!! My dad actually said something similar to my sister when she got pregnant and we both jumped all over him for it. Why are people so ignorant!!??
  • Options
    Hey guys!  I had my confirmation US today since I have “unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss” and was waiting to see when they marked me as due before I joined a group!  

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/14 / 6w2d
    Baby is the size of a(n): a coffee bean
    Upcoming Appointments: maternity21 test at 10 weeks
    How are you feeling?: 😑 UGH Nausea, exhausted, digestive issues, and yet wishing all these symptoms stick around!
    Rants/Raves: so my doctor I found and liked and has been with me for 2 of my miscarriages did my US today and I love her.  Called to schedule my next appointments and the nurse said she is doing fertility for the most part now and so I can’t see her.  I am so sad!
    Questions: 
    GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Just online to avoid crowds!
  • Options
    EDD- 7/12 and since it’s just after midnight 6 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of: an earring post! 

Upcoming Appointment: Ultrasound and first appointment this upcoming Monday nov.26th! Praying for that heartbeat ❤️

How are you feeling?: bad morning sickness the first half of the day, tired sore boobs, crampy but when I have an easy day I get a little nervous! 

Rants/Raves: just annoyed with myself. I’ve just been so distracted and impatient and not feeling good I know I’m not at my best for my toddler and I want to make this time special before she has to share me lol 

Question: For STMs do you feel like symptoms are hitting earlier this time around? Like I’m already having lightening crotch and pelvic girdle pain.

GTKY-Black Friday?: Probably not my viability ultrasound is Monday. And me and DH have said we’ll start buying I. The second trimester probably around the halfway mark 

• Options
    @mamahmh2 I know all about MIL issues. And yours sounds a lot like mine. But mine still doesn’t know about this baby yet because when I was pregnant with my first she was told right away (by FIL but they’re divorced) and she decided it was her news to publicly announce on social media and basically she got to tell everyone and that is so not happening again. I could go on but let’s just say anytime something doesn’t work out for DH it MUST be my fault and that’s just how she is 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w1d
    Upcoming Appointments: 12/11
    How are you feeling?: bloated, but well
    Rants/Raves: none really
    Questions: na 
    Im not in to lines or people! Ha! Hoping to score a deal on a Nintendo Switch and MCT oil powder. Ha!
  • Options
    EDD- 7/12 and since it’s just after midnight 6 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of: an earring post! 

Upcoming Appointment: Ultrasound and first appointment this upcoming Monday nov.26th! Praying for that heartbeat ❤️

How are you feeling?: bad morning sickness the first half of the day, tired sore boobs, crampy but when I have an easy day I get a little nervous! 

Rants/Raves: just annoyed with myself. I’ve just been so distracted and impatient and not feeling good I know I’m not at my best for my toddler and I want to make this time special before she has to share me lol 

Question: For STMs do you feel like symptoms are hitting earlier this time around? Like I’m already having lightening crotch and pelvic girdle pain.

GTKY-Black Friday?: Probably not my viability ultrasound is Monday. And me and DH have said we’ll start buying I. The second trimester probably around the halfway mark 

RLP has been my first symptom with my 2 and 4th pregnancy! 
  • Options
    @Knottie16643665 ugh I’m sorry to hear that :( I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I’m jealous of many of my friends that have great relationships with their partner’s mothers. I just don’t ever see it being that way for us. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    Butting in with another question for you guys - I called my Dr to ask what to expect at the first appointment in December (I will be 8 weeks 5 days) and they said they do blood work and basically just talk about the next steps. They said no ultrasound will be done. Just wondering how they know it is a viable pregnancy if they don’t check?? Bloodwork alone is good enough?  so basically I have to wait another month after this appointment to get an US? Is this normal? Such a long process in the beginning lol 
  • Options
    @bzcuddy with my first pregnancy, my first ultrasound wasn’t until 20 weeks. I knew my dates, didn’t have a history of loss or any high risk factors, so they didn’t do early ultrasounds. I was bummed out as well, because I just assumed they would do one at my 8 week appointment. My first appointment was exactly what you described, some questions and blood work. I didn’t have a 12 week ultrasound either, because we didn’t do any of the testing, so unless you go that route, there’s a good chance you won’t have an ultrasound until the 20 week anatomy scan
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/10, 7w
    Upcoming Appointments: first appt on Dec 3rd
    How are you feeling?: some exhaustion and nausea
    Rants/Raves: I'm just ready to eat some turkey and dressing
    GTKY: Do you plan on Black Friday shopping this year? Online counts, too. Have you ever waited outside a store for a Black Friday deal? I might do some online shopping, dd doesn't have school and dh works so I can't go shopping. I've never stood in line for anything. 
  • Options
    Torture haha!  thank you for clarifying!!! 
  • Options
    @sunshine525 thank god it’s not just me! RLP has definitely struck early but the doctors try to tell me no not til next trimester 
  • Options
    @mamahmh2 I know! I see my friend with their MIL and I’m a little jealous but I’ve tried to make our relationship better but as you said I just don’t think it’s in the cards for us. Most of the time nowadays we have an uneasy truce but that could fall apart very easily
  • Options
    Yes that’s very normal you’ll probably have an ultrasound around 12 weeks and then one at 20. But unless you have a history of complications or a loss this is perfectly normal and standard at most doctors offices