July 2019 Moms
Options

FTM Check in November

Due Date/W+D:

How are you feeling? Anxious, Nervous, Excited? 

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy?

GTKY: How did you tell your SO ( significant other) ?

Re: FTM Check in November

• Options
    DD July 17th

Feel anxious as my last pregnancy I had a MC at 8 weeks :(. Now I am only 4 weeks 5 days and feel days are slow.

I told my SO as he came out of the airport from a week business trip. I bought him a Starbucks coffee with "Baba" written on it (which is what we call our dads) and handed it over to him, and said "look how they spelt your name funny" . 

• Options
    Due Date/W+D: 7/1, 7 weeks today

How are you feeling? Anxious, Nervous, Excited? All of the above.

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? Nah.  I've never been the journaling/ scrapbooking type

GTKY: How did you tell your SO ( significant other) ? So this sounds a little bad.  I had had a super rough day and more work to do that night and had just poured a glass of red wine.  It was crazy early; I thought way too early to get a yes, but I'm kind of a POAS addict and a bunch of cheapies, so when I had to go to the bathroom, I went ahead and took one.  I left to answer an email for a few minutes, and when I came back and there was a super faint line, but so faint I wasn't really sure.  So I frantically took a more sensitive test and got another very faint line.  At that point, I took the glass of wine to him and said, "you're going to have to finish this."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: July 15th

How are you feeling? Anxious, Nervous, Excited? Anxiety hit me HARD today. While I played volleyball, which i do every week, there was a constant string of guilt. 

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? No plans. Really want to keep a level head and not go overboard with that kind of thing.

GTKY: How did you tell your SO ( significant other) ? I came out of the bathroom crying and handed him the BFP. Not the most eloquent, but fitting given the welcome surprise!
  • Options
    Bumping for all of the new mamas who have joined the board! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: 7/18, 7+0

How are you feeling? Anxious, Nervous, Excited? All of the above. Incredibly excited to be pregnant naturally after being told since I was 15 that I likely wouldn't be able to!!! But my first appointment is not until 12/17 and I need that iltrsultra to believe it!!! 

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? Nothing yet. Waiting for my first appointment and then will start weekly pics. 

GTKY: How did you tell your SO ( significant other) ? I handed him a big box of chocolates with a note that said; '''Eat up" on the outside and then "I can't be the only one gaining weight" on the inside. First He thought I meant I was eating too much chocolate myself lately. But then I said "read it again" and he was sooooo excited!
  • Options
    babyginjulybabyginjuly member
    edited November 2018
    Due Date/W+D: 7/7/2018, 8w4d

How are you feeling? Anxious, Nervous, Excited? all the above

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? I'm far too lazy for all of this, I looked up journals but they looked like they required too much commitment but I absolutely want to do a maternity shoot before baby is born. I might take a few bump pics along on an App, that's about it.

GTKY: How did you tell your SO ( significant other) ? LOL not at all in an exciting way. I was sitting at work and something felt off but not in the I'm pregnant off  way (this was only 9DPO and I was not charting or anything but I am pretty normal on 28 day cycles). Something told me to go to the dollar store and get a cheapie test and test on my break to just break any doubts. I pee, go wash my hands, almost forget about the test, look down and there's a line! I started freaking out, I walked out of work right away and called my husband 'I'm pregnant', he thought I was pranking him and didn't believe me and hung up lol. I get home and he has a legit test ready to prove I'm pranking him and I pee and give it to him to wait the 3 minutes and he read the results. I look back and he's crying at the positive sign. Not special in any way but special to us :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Due Date/W+D: 
    July 8th / 8w3d

How are you feeling? Anxious, Nervous, Excited? 
    All of the above! 

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy?
    I’ve been trying to remember to take weekly pictures since I found out. That’s it so far!

GTKY: How did you tell your SO ( significant other) ?
    Well, we started trying and I’ve been tracking my period forever since I’ve been off the pill. I was taking tests as soon as the box said you could, and I kept getting negatives. Well, the day before my missed period I took the last one and expected it to be negative because I had just tested two days prior. Well, I was SHOCKED to see that it said I was pregnant! I didn’t know what to do, but remembered my husband told me not to wait and surprise him because he wanted to know right when I found out. So when he got out of the shower I just handed the pregnancy test to him. We were both shocked (in a good way!). I promptly went to Walmart and took six more tests, all positive! So we’ve been thinking about and planning fun ways to share the news with the important people in our life. I wouldn’t change a thing about it! ❤️
  • Options
    quinniebearquinniebear member
    edited November 2018
    Due Date: 7/16, 7w3d

How are you feeling? Excited and anxious

Are you doing anything to capture/journal your pregnancy? Not yet

GTKY: How did you tell your SO? I was just gonna tell him, but then I thought I'd do something fun since this is our first so I got him a baby jersey from his favorite football team. I had found out on lunch but had to wait til he got off work. He thought the gift was a belated anniversary gift, and when he opened it up he thought it was a dog jersey 😂 I just said nope.....and eventually it clicked and he was like no way it worked??! Hahaha (side note: our dogs weigh over 50 lbs each, smh...lol)

• Options
    Due due: guessing mid July, don’t want to feel locked into a date till I have Dr apt Tuesday. 

Feelings?: at first shocked beyond belief, getting used to the idea now. Nervous about being a mom, feel like I just now have a good idea of how to be a wife after 9 years. Now have to figure out how to still do that & be a mother. 

Told DH: by frantically waking him up. I had head morning pee was the best so did test super early when I had to pee. He panicked, didn’t know what was going on. 
  • Options
    @1stbabe719 Your situation sounds so similar to mine! DH and I have been married 10 years. We TTC about 5 years ago and were unsuccessful so we quit trying and focused on having fun. I never went back on BC and here we are today with a wonderful surprise! 

Last night was rough for me. I love to have a few drinks to enjoy my Friday night and I was more than a little butt hurt that DH could and i couldn't. Feels like all fun has stopped since I found out!