July 2019 Moms

How to stay positive when you feel sick daily?

I’m a little over 6 weeks pregnant and this morning sickness is getting to me to the point I wish there was a tap out button 😢 I feel like I can’t do anything without feeling sick and my partner is already getting overwhelmed feeling he’s doing too much.  I’m feeling really discouraged these past 3 days and feel I need to force myself to do things for him just so he doesn’t get upset. But when I try I just need to hurry and lay back down because I feel so sick again. Ughhhh anyone else feeling this way? 

Re: How to stay positive when you feel sick daily?

• Yes! That is the one plus to living in a different city than SO during pregnancy. I don't have to do anything for him but when he's in town he does everything for me. Of course I have to drive my almost 5 year old DD all over town daily for all of her activities...and that is after a full day of work. All I want is to lay down in a nice, dark, quiet room and sleep. No luck:(
  • If someone figures this out, please let me know. The EVIL first Trimester shall pass is what I keep telling myself. It's full of anxiety, nauseousness and plain fatigue.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyginjuly With my first 1st tri lasted the entire pregnancy. I was throwing up from week 10 through delivery. And the nausea didn't let up from week 6. Not until baby was in my arms. Ugh. I hope no one else has to deal with that!
  • @Panaceia omg girl that sounds like the worst!! how are you feeling this time around?
  • Totally agree it is the worst. Something that may or may not help but has definitely helped me - whenever I feel nauseous/crabby/exhausted i remind myself it’s a sign that my pregnancy is progressing as it should and my hormones are going up to help that baby grow. Also even though it is the LAST thing I feel like doing I have to tell you exercise has been huge for me, I actually feel sort of like myself for at least a few hours after and I do think it’s helping overall with the fatigue. I’ve never had to push myself so hard to do it but it really is helping.
  • I'm sorry. No answers for you, I remember how just demoralizing the whole thing felt. I told my husband, it's one thing to feel sick for a little while, it's another to feel sick every day with no let up. Hang in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @babyginjuly I feel terrible already but no throwing up yet. I'm hoping I have at least another week before that starts:/ How are you feeling?
  • I try to just take it one day at a time. Your body is going through so many changes right now. I mean you are growing a person! That's pretty intense. Give yourself a little bit of slack and your H needs to understand this as well. It's temporary and he needs to "man up" for lack of a better word. 

I make a small list of stuff that I have to get done. 
    1. Feed kids
    2. Feed animals 
    3. Alternate a load of laundry and dishes per day
    4. And I try to slowly clean one room a day. Usually it's the rooms we spend most of our time in, living room, dining room, or kitchen. 

Depending on the day and how I feel, I may only make it to #3. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @anomasqrl I completely agree, it's miserable but that mindset about it meaning this pregnancy is healthy is what gets me through. Maybe it's my PGAL brain. 
    Eating smaller meals (a granola bar, fruit, fruit leather, crackers) has helped so far, and SOUR foods. Eating may be ththe last thing you want to do but for me even just a little snack is the only thing that makes it go away.
  • It is so hard to motivate through this nausea! 

My first pregnancy I had it from week 6-9ish hoping it’s the same this time around 

i actually find light excercise and yoga to help tremendously, and during the times I am moving around I feel less sick. 

Will try taking vitamin B6 as well! And yes to anything citric or sour! 

Hang in there you are not alone! 🤗
  • Yes totally. It’s also hard to feel happy or get excited about anything when feeling nasueas. I’ve found that tic tacs actually really help me feel less nauseous if I suck on them every so often. Helps me especially when I’m at work during the day. Sounds weird but it totally helps me
  • jolly ranchers have been helping me!
  • I really find a lot of relief in stretching. Just get on the floor and move your body around into whatever position feels good. The cat cow yoga pose is a great one for me. Also, brushing my teeth frequently and gargling some mouthwash. I hope this can help someone 🤗
  • OMG, You couldn't have described it better.  This is how I've been feeling for the past 3 weeks. I was taking it a day at a time thinking that it was going to get better but it didn't. I finally went to my first OB appt at 8 weeks yesterday and she prescribed me Zofran! Best thing that has happened to me. I feel myself again! Hope you feel better soon!
  • 3 days ago my nausea started. I haven’t kept anything down for 3 days. Not even water. I feel like crap. I’m so hungry. So thirsty. But can’t eat or drink anything.