March 2019 Moms
Options

[Trying to stay] Fit Mama Monday- Thanksgiving Edition!

Hey there Fit mamas! How are your work outs going? Hitting your goals? Modifications? Doing anything different with the holiday this week?

Re: [Trying to stay] Fit Mama Monday- Thanksgiving Edition!

• Options
    Hey! Hit up yoga last week and did some home practice a few times. I also completed my Turkey Trot 5k on Saturday, while pushing my 4.5 year old in the jogger. I was able to run more than I thought but it was still really slow goung due to a hilly course. 
    This week there’s no yoga class so I want to make sure I stay on top of my home practice and get some walking in. Maybe if the weather is decent I’ll try to run/walk the neighborhood.
    Bouncing off last week’s post I had my monthly appointment last Friday and found out I gained just as much in the last 4 weeks as I did over all of 1st tri. Kind of bummed about that. I’m up 14lbs and I know that is ok but bugs me I’m already at my full term pregnancy weight from 5 years ago because I never lost all the weight. It’s just freaking me out that I won’t lose it and be even bigger than before. Trying to stay positive because I’m 99% more active and eating better compared to last time. 

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @novelblessings That’s awesome you were able to do your Turkey Trot! I have posted about the weight issue before, and I am better at giving advice on this subject than taking it, but just try to focus on the healthy choices you are making. If you’re doing the right things, eating well, exercising, then the weight is irrelevant. Also, if it makes you feel any better, I think it sounds like you are right on track for healthy weight gain. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit Thanks! It's so hard to think differently when last time I gained way too much! I'm trying to stay positive and not over do it with food. I use food to cope when stressed and it's really easy to do when my main coping skill of running 3-4 times a week is not happening.

@sejica Thanks for the link! That helps break things down for sure. I think I was good on the fat prior to being pregnant though LOL. I gained 50lbs with DD 5 years ago and when I got pregnant this time I was only down 15lbs from that total weight because I yo-yo-ed a bit over the past 5 years. So I was going into this one being considered overweight already. Just trying to focus on continuing to exercise and picking good foods...and the fact we are coming up on third tri soon!
  • Options

@novelblessings super impressed you raced with kiddo in a stroller! And I’m with you on struggling with the weight gain. I’m gaining faster this pregnancy than with DS, but as everyone has said, so long as we’re active and eating healthy than we’re doing a good job!

@sejica never tried it, but water jogging sounds hard, I’m impressed!

Had another weak work-out week this past week and the scale at the drs office was not kind this morning (but I definitely subtract 4lbs for clothes and shoes)! Planning to do better this week with exercising and trying to balance thanksgiving indulgence with healthy choices the rest of the week. We’ll see, though. Definitely struggling with weight gain this time around and really missing running.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @lelkcot I always take off my shoes at the doc appts, hahah!

I got 4 workouts in last week. I haven't done anything yet this week, but I am telling myself it's not too late and I still am aiming for 4-5! I am at 25 weeks and already gained 23 lbs, sooo I really don't want to gain more than 7-10 in the next 15 weeks.
  • Options
    @lelkcot thanks! It was more of a run/walk and I was surprised at how good I felt about it. Towards the end I could really feel it as LO was pushing in my bladder pretty good. I also napped the rest of the day when I got home LoL
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, ladies! Hope you all enjoy special time with family and friends and allow yourself to indulge a bit! I second what @meggyme mentioned previously - I wish our glucose tests weren’t in the middle of the holidays haha. In any event, we all have a lil extra to be thankful for this year and I couldn’t be happier!!

Last week, I didn’t meet my goal of 5x per week because work is insane (yuck). But still managed 4x so can’t complain (and much needed stress relief!). Trying to take advantage of the holiday, though, and on pace for 6x this week! 

I’m also having a tough time wrapping my head around weight gain (my DH thinks I’m cray). Just trying to stay healthy and enjoy these body changes one day at at time haha

Wishing y’all the best holiday weekend!!