Options

Group 1 Check-In, Week of 11/19

This thread is for those due May 1-7

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY:  For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your go-to dinner recipe?
DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Group 1 Check-In, Week of 11/19

• Options

Due date/W+D: 5/2, 16+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Action Figure/Avocado/Can of Spam according to my siggy

Any appointments? Questions?: I get my first progesterone shot tomorrow to prevent preterm labor, not so much nervous about the shot as I am nervous about the logistics of the shot, my doctor's office was pretty vague about the entire thing.  It'll all be worth it if it works, though.

Rants/Raves?: Stuffy nose after I lay down needs to go away.  

How are you feeling?:  Okay!  In that weird spot between lots of symptoms and feeling regular baby movement, hoping for more regular kicks soon.  Mostly just bubbling feelings so far.

GTKY:  For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your go-to dinner recipe?  I love just plain stuffing - without a bunch of stuff added to it (though my mom adds spinach and mushrooms, that's good), with gravy on top.  My late grandfather used to add canned oysters to stuffing and it was just not good.  Also, I make a pretty mean mashed potatoes.  

• Options

Due date/W+D: May 4, 16w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): action figure

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until the first week of December. I'll have my anatomy scan and then an appointment a couple days later.

Rants/Raves?: My sex drive is back. It's amazing.

How are you feeling?: Not terrible. My sciatica/pelvic girdle pain/whatever it is has decided to flare up for this pregnancy. It was terrible in the third trimester with DD1, but I was way more active with DD2 and managed to mostly avoid it. This time around, I'm working full time and my job is fairly sedentary. Plus, where we live now is very car culture, so I'm not walking nearly as much. I wish I could fix it, but I have no idea how. Maybe I should start pushing myself to take on the dog walking in the evening.

GTKY:  For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your go-to dinner recipe? Real Thanksgiving is in October, but anyway. I make a curry spice sweet potato dish that is AMAZING, but I'm pretty much the only one that likes it, so I haven't made it in a couple years. Also, it is not Thanksgiving without apple pie.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 16w+3

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado or a Philippine tarsier - I’m in love with the random animals Ovia give me!

Any appointments? Questions?: Appt on Tuesday afternoon. Just a regular check up but I’m seriously looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again. 

Rants/Raves?: I’ve been more laid back this pregnancy because I’m not mysteriously spotting all the time, but I’m now in limbo like @k2k2tog - I haven’t felt kicks...at least I don’t think I’ve felt them...and I no longer have any symptoms beyond sore boobs. Makes me nervous. Last time with DS I was feeling random kicks by now - my diary says they started at 14w+4. Also bloating has gone down substantially, which is thrilling!, but also is adding to my anxiety as I now feel/look less pregnant.

How are you feeling?: good! Pink eye has subsided for me (DH has it now...way worse than I did too. 😢) and DS has been extra cuddly because he’s been under the weather lately. I hate that both my boys are not feeling 100% but I feel really valuable right now at home and that is quite fulfilling.

GTKY:  For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your go-to dinner recipe?  I usually love our smoked turkey. DH uses Alton Brown’s brine technique beforehand and then we put the turkey on the smoker to cook starting at 5-6 am. It’s so tender and juicy when it’s done. I am glad that we’re not doing it this way this year though because the smoke smell has been my one aversion this pregnancy and it hasn’t gone away yet. It really turns my stomach. I’m am looking forward to turkey sandwich left overs with stuffing and cranberry sauce. I cannot wait for the day after!
  • Options
    @MaggieG183 YES the leftovers are the best!!

• Options
    @MaggieG183 I haven't been feeling nearly as much movement this time around as I did with DD2 at 16 weeks. But, I learned from my midwife that my placenta is in front (anterior) which I know means I'm not feeling them as strongly. She also said I'll more likely feel the baby in my sides and even my back. Maybe something similar for you?

• Options

Due date/W+D: 16+3

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Any appointments? Questions?: Dec 7, anatomy scan

Rants/Raves?: I finally have some more energy which is nice! Except I should be using it to clean for Thanksgiving company but instead I’m sitting on the couch watching Easy A 

How are you feeling?: pretty good, energy is back, see above 

GTKY:  For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your go-to dinner recipe? Ummm the rolls. Ha! I make a sweet potato casserole that’s really good too
  • Options
    @k2k2tog I didn’t even think of that! I have no idea if I have an anterior placenta this time around - I’ll ask my midwife tomorrow if any notes were made by the ultrasound tech. Good idea!
  • Options

Due date/W+D: due 5/5, currently 16w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): CD

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an appointment tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again, especially since we started actually telling more than just immediate family this week. After my appointment, we're pretty much planning on telling everybody at the holidays.

Rants/Raves?: I'm trying to decide how to tell my students...(advice welcome!) I feel awkward about it. They are high-schoolers, so I don't want to do a big "reveal," but they probably also mostly know better than to come right out and ask. I've caught a few of them staring at my belly, so some must suspect.

How are you feeling?: Good. No longer constantly nauseous, which is obviously nice.

GTKY:  What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  Scalloped corn! I also love stuffing, but we have that year-round. Also, I am SO READY for maternity pants on Thanksgiving!
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds what do you teach again? I must say, even with 8th grade, I figured they wouldn’t really care much, but they were so into a cool reveal. Now, I am glad I wasn’t teaching sex ed at the time...come February, I’m pretty sure I’m going to get some really uncomfortable kids.
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 5/4, 16 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Any appointments? Questions?: Had a quick appointment today because I didn't want to miss my bus. Heard the heartbeat with the doppler and just had a real quick check-in. Everything's fine.

Rants/Raves?: My car battery died this morning. And the air quality is terrible, so biking to work is not really an option. I'm not sure when I'll have time to get a new battery. At least it's a long weekend. Boo.

How are you feeling?: Feeling in such a better mood today. Damn these hormones. How can I bottle this up and keep it for a rainy day?

GTKY:  For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your go-to dinner recipe? I love all the sides. Cranberries. Green bean casserole. Potatoes. yummm.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @MaggieG183 I teach English. I can't imagine teaching sex ed at all, let alone while pregnant 😂. I used to teach eighth grade, and when it was sex ed time, a gym teacher would trade classes with me, so she would teach "reproductive health" in my class, and I would sub for gym for three days. 
    kids with flags
  • Options

This thread is for those due May 1-7

Due date/W+D: may 7th, 16 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado

Any appointments? Questions?: had my monthly appointment Friday and got blood drawn for the quad screen. Anxiously awaiting those results 

Rants/Raves?: Found out we are having a girl! So surprised, but so excited.

How are you feeling?: Just congested and headaches, but otherwise great!

GTKY:  For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your go-to dinner recipe? The mashed potatoes and gravy my grandmother makes is something I dream about all year. So. Damn. Good.

@MaggieG183 glad the pink eye has cleared up! I ended up taking my husband to the gender reveal ultrasound. So glad I did because he loved it, and i still got the surprise aspect of it by just surprising him with the appointment  

@lovelybabybumpz sorry about your car, that sucks. 
  • Options
    @brie_and_almonds when I told some of my students, it was in the context of not being around in May. In other words, I kept it focused on how it affects them. So, you could say something like, "I want to give you all a heads up that you'll have a supply for the last couple months of school. I will be going on maternity leave in May." In my experience, they take it from there. lol

• Options
    @brie_and_almonds I teach at a middle school and work on a team of 3 teachers so I have always taught 2 subjects. In years past, it’s been math and English by this year I’m teaching math and PE. So I am the one who has to do sex ed. I do have a male counterpart who will do the big talks for the boys, but I’ll be taking his girls and do those talks with them. It’ll be a learning experience for sure!  

As for the announcement, you could do a word search or an acrostic or something for extra credit. I revealed my first pregnancy to my kiddos with a line messaging poem which was fun too. But you could also go the @k2k2tog route and keep it focused on the impact it with have on their lives with maternity leave. That’s completely appropriate for high school.

@megstevens92 I’m so glad you were able to still have a surprise but get to go through the gender reveal together. That makes my heart happy! ❤️ I’m glad it all worked out well!! And a GIRL?! Yay! We’re team green but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I’m kind of hoping this one is a girl. Have fun buying all the bows!!!
  • Options
    Due date/W+D: 5/5
    Baby is the size of a(n): Grande Iced Coffee
    Any appointments? Questions?: I have a midwife appointment Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed we get in for our anatomy scan ASAP because I'm dying to know if we're having a boy or girl.
    Rants/Raves?: Holy moly ladies. I have been unable to post for effing ever and I have no idea why but it's suddenly working again! I was so tired of being a lurker and not being able to share with you all! I'm going to take this as a wedding gift from the bump as we got married this past weekend, lol.
    How are you feeling?: Fabulous.
    GTKY: For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, what is your go-to dinner recipe? Mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie!

@maggieg183 Your turkey sounds amazing.
    @brie_and_almonds I didn't even think about maternity pants + Thanksgiving. One more reason to be thankful this year! As for telling your students maybe just come right out with it? Are you going to be out before the end of the school year? Possibly something along the lines of letting them know they'll be finishing out the year with a substitute because you're due early May?
  • Options

Due date/W+D: May 2, 16w6days

Baby is the size of a(n): Taco!

Any appointments? Questions?: Just my regular appointment next week. We didn’t do genetic testing so our anatomy scan ultrasound isn’t until the 10th. How exciting so many of you know the gender already! 

Rants/Raves?: Bump is finally starting to pop and I felt some movement yesterday so feeling pretty good :blush:

How are you feeling?: I am still feeling pretty good with a little bit of puking here and there. I suffer from migraines and have been having a few also so I’m hoping those will stop soon!   

GTKY:  For those celebrating Thanksgiving, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?  I love the cranberry sauce so much. It makes everything it touches taste a little better :)

@MaggieG183 @brie_and_almonds I’m not a teacher in my day job but I teach a class of high schoolers on Sunday nights at church and for some reason I’m so nervous to tell them. We only have class for 3 more weeks until Christmas break so I’m hoping I can just come back next year looking obviously pregnant and there won’t need to be an announcement. :neutral:  I’m definitely not an announcer and I hate having attention on me so I told my boss and a few people at work but otherwise I assume people will eventually notice I’m pregnant. 
  • Options
    @teesmee I get the not an announcer thing. I don’t like to draw attention to myself and my classroom is very student focused due to that lack of desire for the spotlight (better for their learning anyway). I “announced” to my kids through my Halloween costume this year. I wore an oven and carried around some buns in a basket - so I was a bun in the oven. Kids figured it out but I didn’t have to just come out and say it. It was under the radar enough that many kids are still figuring it out. I’m sure there are quite a few thinking that I’m just getting fat despite being a gym teacher.