Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/TTA w/o 11/19

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.*** This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons 

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 
Are you benched or TTA? 
What brings you here? 
How long do you think you'll be here? 
How have things been going? 
Any R/R/CS/Q? 
GTKY:

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Benched/TTA w/o 11/19

• Options
    I didn’t know this thread existed! 

Are you benched or TTA? Benched for testing

What brings you here? Like why I’m benched? I’ve had 5 losses so I’m seeking fertility testing and hopefully help to stay pregnant.

How long do you think you'll be here? My first RE appt is 12/5 so at least another month, maybe 2.

How have things been going? I’ve actually been enjoying being benched. Not having to focus on my cycle has reduced my stress significantly. Dh and I have been able to reconnect as well, which is really nice.

Any R/R/CS/Q? I’ve been trying to keep up with the different threads and not feeling like I particularly fit anywhere since I’m benched. I’ve kinda been mia this past week because of it. Hoping to get out of my funk and back to following everyone’s progress again. 

GTKY: leopard coffee 
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? MMC with D&C 12 days ago

How long do you think you'll be here?  Well, I'm benched until first AF at least. But I'm sure my RE consult will extend that. I expect to be in the "tww" during the apt. I'm assuming I'll be benched until March 😢

How have things been going? I keep feeling like I'm getting better and then I keep getting triggered. I feel like I'm better this time around then last time. I guess it's because I have a little better grasp on what to expect and because I expected it a week before finding out. Then natually I feel bad about being more stable this time because I wanted this baby as much as the first 2. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? I'll be stereotypical new englander and complain about the snow today. I just prefer it to hold off until after my bday.

GTKY: Gray string cheese
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I think this thread will be a bit slower. I think there are 3 maybe 4 of us benched. Unless we have some lurkers who decide to join.
  • Options
    Yay for this thread! I also haven't quite known how to participate in the WTO/TWW threads because it didn't feel like the right fit.

Are you benched or TTA? Benched. 

What brings you here? Uterine septum removed last week. 

How long do you think you'll be here? 1-3 cycles?

How have things been going? Things are pretty okay. I am more anxious (like excited anxious, not panicked anxious) to start TTC again now than I have been in the last year, which we were either TTA (mental health) or benched. Now I am ready to get the show on the road! 

Any R/R/CS/Q? My poor family 100% does not know how to talk about these things with me (loss, TTC, my surgery, etc.). It is clear to me that the word 'uterus' makes them uncomfortable, so I am sort of dreading the holiday season.

GTKY: Black cookie.
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited November 2018
    @minnek8 yay for surgery! I was MIA last week and missed it. I hope everything went well! My family is also pretty bad when it comes to talking to them about my issues. They get super awkward and my mom does nothing but cry about my losses when I bring it up, so it’s just easier
    for me to avoid it.  

@prpl11butterfly I know it will be slower, but this is where I fit, so it is what it is. It’s hard to dig through some of the other threads sometimes. 

Edit because my fat fingers can’t type